PDA

View Full Version : Live From The 1/4 Magic!!!!!

mmouse37
01-05-2003, 07:31 AM
Hey everyone....having a great time. Yesterday in Port it was very chilly!!!! We did have sailaway outside...it was a blast. right now we are on our way to Key West and it is about 63 and breezy up on deck.

Yesterday we had a DIS meet onboard and had about 50+ DIS'er attend!!! It was great to meet so many people from the boards. Barb and Tony were there and it was great to finally meet them in person. I had made name tags up for everyone so at least we could put faces to names....we met in the Promenade Lounge after the safety drill and before the sailaway. Barb brought some yummy goodies to share and everyone seemed to have good time!!!

I spotted Barb and Tony in the hot tub yesterday afternoon and had to go over and introduce myself!!!

No one sick.....drink station is open with a CM serving.......Mugs are back

If you have any questions....please let me know. Just wish it was a bit warmer....but then again I should not complain. We left New York in a snow storm!!!!

I'll post again soon.

MJ

newtodisney
01-05-2003, 07:42 AM
Have a wonderful cruise! We are going on the 1/18 Western, so please share all details! I hope it warms up for you.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

kpgclark
01-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Hope you have a great time. I'm interested to know what excursions you are taking. If you don't take any at a port, what did you do at that port?

Mermaid02
01-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Have a wonderful time!! I'm so jealous.... hey pick me up some of that Minnie Lotion they put in your stateroom will ya? I love that stuff!!;)

goin2dzny
01-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it! We will be there in four weeks!:Pinkbounc

4nana
01-05-2003, 01:16 PM
mmouse37 ~

Thanks so much for taking time to ck in. So glad you are having a wonderful time, altho I am very jealous of your Dis meet. ;)
Can't wait for the details and your wonderful pictures!!
Stay well guys and remember the lesson I learned the hard way~
'Always CYA'! :tongue:

Is this the cruise Fawn and wedding party are on ??

>>^..^<<
01-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi there...

Hope it warms up for you soon!

What movies are playing right now??

Thanx

njfamily
01-05-2003, 01:45 PM
mmouse37 - Thanks for checking in. I am always on the look out for Live Cruiser messages, brings me back a little!

OK, not to change the subject...but what "Minnie Lotion"? There was nothing like that in our stateroom on our October 2002 cruise. Does anyone know if Disney changes the bath products by state room cat type?

jlawall
01-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Please give us the highlights when you have time!

jgalecpa
01-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Enjoy! If you hear any feedback from anyone on the Castaway cay Fishing Excursion I would appreciate feedback.

Especially interested if there is only One Boat that goes out fishing.

Bon Voyage

:bounce:

All_Ears
01-05-2003, 05:15 PM
I'm jealous! I wanted to stay!!!! Just off the 12/28 Eastern cruise - we left in chilly conditions too! but after the 1st day the weather was Great! On the way back, it was cold for Castaway Cay - the island is Beautiful!!!

Can't wait to go back!! Enjoy!1

tezb
01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Don't worry MJ....when you cruise on july 19th, I'm sure it will be hot enough!! It's almost here...see you then...Tell Allie Brandon can't wait!

MarkRG
01-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Hi MMouse!

Here's looking at you!

Click for the Key West webcam (http://webcam.keywest.com/msindex.htm)

Hopkins
01-05-2003, 06:18 PM
Leave her in good shape for us 1/18/03 cruisers! We can't wait!

Tina :)

chuckncole
01-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Have a great adventure!!! stay warm and healthy... We embark right after you 1/11. What movies are playing? missed sweet home Alabama.. Hope it is on board!!! Do tell!
Charles, Colleen and 4 kiddo's:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mjasp
01-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Hi Mmouse,
Just to let you enjoy those 60's temps. We had more snow last night. (Sunday Night) Not much, but more snow. You know we are in for a tough winter this year. So enjoy. I'm sure as you get more into the Caribbean it will get warmer.

Enjoy and Happy New Year
Joanna

inkkognito
01-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Just found this thread...I don't know if anyone posted about Fawn or not, but we got to meet her and the gang. What a great couple and family! Did anyone post about Dave and his wife coming down for the wedding? We weren't at the Radisson, but we heard all about it. Between Shirley and Dave, it sounds like it was a really special occasion. After reading about the upcoming nuptials for so many months now, it was so exciting to meet them and put names to faces.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

mmouse37
01-07-2003, 07:04 AM
Heard one group of our Dis'ers were quarantined, but don't want to comment until I know more details.

We were at the Radisson but out at dinner for the Nuptials....would have loved to have seen everyone. it was way to cold to meet by the pool. Sorry to have missed meeting Dave!!! We wound up crashing early. Soaked in the suite jacuzzi to warm up!!!

Also, movies onboard now are

lilo and stitch
treasure planet
santa clause II
signs
sweet home alabama
my big fat greek wedding (saw this yesterday at 4:00 and it was packed)

They have a bunch of new 2003 merchandise in the stores onboard with a new futuristic looking logo. I'll scan my photo albums that I purchased when I get back home and post the new 2003 logo.

We are just about to dock in Grand Cayman and the weather does not look too good. We had a some rocking of the ship during the night, but nothing terrible. I have not been up on deck yet, but I know it's warmer than Sunday was. We are not taking any excursions in GC but will hold on to see if the weather changes and then take a taxi over to 7-mile beach and hang out. Yesterday was actually great up on deck for our day at sea. Pools were full, and I saw the Mickey pool closed down once.

Last night was formal night and MOST people dressed very appropriately.....many more tuxs this time around. We received the LAP rotation which is not my favorite (had formal night in Parrot Cay)....but it really was fine....I just prefer to be in Lumiere's for Formal night......Oh....I had been assigned late seating when making ressie but when I got onboard I had early seating and had to get it changed for our party of 10. They took care of it with no problem. The dining rooms serve the regular rotation menu on the first three nights of the cruise.

50's party last night was a blast!!! Had a great time. Tonight is 80's night (I guess I will have to have BIG hair). Cruise staff is awesome as usual and the Charles Marshall Band is much better than the Free Reign. Love those guys. One thing I did notice is the crowd onboard does not seem to have the energy like some of the other DCL cruises I have been on. The staff really has to work hard to get people revved up!!! The clubs cleared out after the theme night (except us....we stayed very late each night).

So, that's it for now...I'll check back in again later!!!! I'll try and find out more about our under the weather DIS'er.

MJ

goin2dzny
01-07-2003, 07:46 AM
Love to hear about it all!!!

I hope our sick DISer isn't too sick! :(

Sending Pixie dust their way!!!

Mjasp
01-07-2003, 02:54 PM
I'll make you more happy that you are sailing. A coating of ice last night and another inch of snow expected. that we will wake up to tomorrow morning.

Keep us informed

Enjoy
Joanna

Dave_from_Marietta
01-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by inkkognito

I don't know if anyone posted about Fawn or not, but we got to meet her and the gang. What a great couple and family! Did anyone post about Dave and his wife coming down for the wedding? We weren't at the Radisson, but we heard all about it. Between Shirley and Dave, it sounds like it was a really special occasion. After reading about the upcoming nuptials for so many months now, it was so exciting to meet them and put names to faces.

I just posted about this...

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=311295

jlawall
01-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Hey MJ! Thanks for sharing! Did you make it to docking at GC? I'm glad the weather has improved. You picked a good week to sail. The weather here is really cold!!! Tell us who's on ship and who's making great memories! (Was Sean the nerd?)

mmouse37
01-14-2003, 09:00 AM
Hey Joanne.....well as far as the cruise staff goes, let's see if I can remember who was onboard.....a few of new faces for us.

There was of course Big John, Robin, Ian, DJLA

Met for the first time.... April, SheShe, Andrea, Luigi...all were very nice and alot of fun to be with. Sean was on vacation so they had no nerd at 50's....they had the prom king and queen and John was the greaser again, plus some other characters. Still miss Sean as the nerd though.

My DD and DS were both picked for 80's night. Keri was a GO-GO and Brian was Bon Jovi....which I must say he was awesome at!!!

Anyway....I am trying to post a trip report with pics soon. Had to take Keri back to college and that took up most of my day yesterday.

MJ