PDA

View Full Version : DCL buses from the airport

perdidobay
01-04-2003, 01:38 PM
What time do they leave for the port? I've never done the transfers before. Am considering staying next time at the Hyatt airport the night before. What I want to know is how early the first bus to port I could get on is. TIA!

RRBB
01-04-2003, 03:14 PM
We've taken the bus from the airport to the port for both of our cruises. It seemed like they had them leaving on a regular basis, when full. We just went straight from the gate to the bus. Didn't have to stop to get luggage because they pick it up at the plane and deliver it to the ship for you - provided you put on the luggage tags they provide in the documents before you check your luggage. They have DCL CMs waiting, in bright blue jackets, outside security and down near the busses to direct you.

din
01-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by perdidobay
What time do they leave for the port? I've never done the transfers before. Am considering staying next time at the Hyatt airport the night before. What I want to know is how early the first bus to port I could get on is. TIA!

If you do decide to stay at the Hyatt, let Hyatt know when you check in that you are on the Disney Cruise. Hyatt will pick you bags up from the room and send it to the ship. You just then find the CM and they will direct you to the buses. Can't miss the CM, they have big signs by them right outside the Hyatt by the fountain.

natt
01-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Just booked my ground transfers yesterday with DVC and she told me that buses run regularly from 10:30 am to 1:45 pm.

SuperDisneyDad
01-04-2003, 09:20 PM
We stayed at the Hyatt last time (and are doing it again this trip in Feb.). We left our luggage outside our room by 8AM, then went to the lobby of the hotel about 9:00 AM. The DCL CMs were everywhere. We got checked in for the 1st bus (Mickey bus) right away. Then, we went for a quick breakfast and they made an announcement for the "Mickey" bus and we got on and were underway about 10:15 AM. We got to the port just a little after 11 AM.

perdidobay
01-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks everyone! :D