PDA

View Full Version : Best Spa Treatments

magic cruiser
01-04-2003, 09:57 AM
What is your favorite spa treatment and why ? Also, what do you tip the spa staff ? Is there presure to buy their products ? Do men do the treatments ? Do they keep the place clean.I had read a while back that they didn't clean very well between clients, mainly the suriel mud spa area.

kshabare
01-04-2003, 03:00 PM
DH and I experienced the Suriel. I had no complaints at all. It was very clean. The steam was VERY hot. No mud on the ceilings, none on the seats. Products were stocked very well. Definately a treat.

This time around we are considering the package where we can use the spa anytime for a week. They have these awesome heated tile lounge seats with steam, hot air and showers around the room. I need a vacation very bad. A little quiet time for Mom is warranted this time around.

IMHO, well worth the $$ for something you don't get to do at home.

Kim šOš

Michelle
01-04-2003, 03:10 PM
My favorite is the Absolute Face & Body Treatment, I have done it many times. It is a fabulous massage followed by and equally fabulous facial. :) It's a LONG treatment and expensive ($144) but well worth it. I definitely tip the attendant (usually 20%) as they deserve it.

I've had varying degrees of sales pressure, ranging from NONE at all to a bit aggressive. I do buy some products from time to time (they are wonderful) but most of the time I do not and it's fine.

The spa has been spotless every time I've been in there.

Enjoy your spa treatments! :)

ucralum
01-04-2003, 03:29 PM
I agree with Michelle--the Absolute Face and Body is to die for! My husband and I also found the surial bath area very clean. I did not feel pressured at all by Liesl, but I did purchase two products and am very happy with both of them.

mickeyfan1
01-04-2003, 06:52 PM
was the cabana massage. I had never had a massage before, and the girl asked me where my problem areas were. I told her I didn't have any, she asked then why do you want a massage. I told her, the sound of the ocean, the beautiful island, why not? She proceded to get me totally relaxed, it was wonderful, just like on the ad. I think everyone who can, should do it. My sister had a pedicure ($100.00 with tip and product!) but she loved it too, and the products they use ands sell are very good. Just pricey, but when your on vacation, it's worth it to be pampered.

joyebean
01-04-2003, 08:59 PM
We did both the Surial Mud Room thing and as an impulse buy, we did the couples' massage and facial. The Surial chamber was spotless and we had no issues whatsoever with it. My husband's person in the couples' thing sounded like she was much better than mine (in terms of massage pressure--I like a firm touch). I highly recommend both treatments--my husband enjoyed both as well, even though he wasn't too sure about the facial.

=joye

kpgclark
01-05-2003, 07:05 AM
I understand that you have to make your spa ressies ASAP. Isn't it difficult to decide on an exact time for treatment if you don't know what you'll be doing that day? When (on the seven day) do you usually make your ressies for? I'm assuming it must be one of the sea days. Also, how much does the week-long usage pass cost?

tchrmom
01-05-2003, 03:49 PM
I did the massage and dh and I did the suriel. Both were very clean. One suggestion for the suriel.....take a water proof watch, so that you can keep track of the time. You possibly might not hear the "warning knock" if you are still in the steam room.

moochinkassarole
01-05-2003, 08:04 PM
If you get something done on the first day (at least on a 7 day), you get a 10% discount, but I think you have to ask for it. It wasn't advertised very well. I got a manicure and pedicure which were both great, especially the pedicure! It's something that I never do at home, so I splurged a tad. I think I may have to try this body and facial massage. Sounds great! I was never pressured into purchasing anything.
I did go back and complain about my nailpolish chipping within 3 days. They asked "did you go in salt water?". Hello?! I'm on a cruise! She said salt water will do that. I wasn't told (I had a new girl) so they were nice enough to fix my nail polish. My toes looked peachy keen though. Hum...

Counting the days till December!
Kitty

December99
01-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Is there anyplace that lists the spa treatments? I would like to start checking these out and try to decide before we go so that I don't have to try and pick when I get to the counter to make my ressie!!!

magiroux
01-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Go to...

http://wdwig.com/cruise/cruise.shtml

Click on "Magical Disney Cruise Guide". It has an entire section that includes description of treatment, price and how long each treatment lasts. I planned all my spa appoints. b-4 I left home with the help of this guide.

I found thier products to be EXTREMELY expensive although a polite "no thanks" was acceptable to all personel. I tipped 20% except for the cabana, I gave a little extra.

Hope this helps:D