PDA

View Full Version : No Castaway Cay for the 12/29-1/2 Wonder but....

tksbaskets
01-03-2003, 08:07 PM
...we did get a cool lithograph to ring in the new year PLUS a "Happy New Year 2003" Disney Wonder paper weight! My DSs were so cute, they kept saying they couldn't believe that everything on the ship was "FREE!!" I corrected them to say, 'Included in the price'

On New Year's day we woke up to find we were still at sea (not a good sign). Captain John made an announcement around 9am that he had made 3 attempts to dock at the island but the winds (I think Captain John said they were 48 knots) across the ship were too much for him to safely dock. He made another attempt at 9:30am and we all saw the island from the back of the Wonder. We made it to the bouyes (sp?) and then had to pull out again. We had a day at sea. We were all bummed....perhaps in another two years we'll be able to see the island.

I'll post a full trip report perhaps tomorrow. I still feel like I'm on the ship. How long until my house stops rocking???:)

DIANNE62
01-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Tksbaskets...I was on that cruise with you....I think I felt worst than my 10 year old DD.
New Year's eve was a lot of fun...hopefully we will see CC soon.

Happy unpacking

DIANNE62
01-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Tksbaskets...I was on that cruise with you....I think I felt worst than my 10 year old DD.
New Year's eve was a lot of fun...hopefully we will see CC soon.

Happy unpacking