PDA

View Full Version : onboard booking

kasar
01-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Can anyone tell me why the price quoted to us onboard (which included $600 discount + $100 on board credit) is more than the price that I just got off the DCL website for the same dates/category?

Is it worth changing to a travel agency when they already have $800 deposit? How is that even possible that we wouldn't get the best price available while we're on their own boat???

Gillian
01-03-2003, 06:24 PM
I have no idea why its more, but can you call DCL and ask them? If the price is really lower, I don't see why they can't adjust it for you. You should keep your credit.

Mjasp
01-11-2003, 09:21 PM
Did they include insurance or transfers on the price you received on the ship?

kasar
01-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Yes, we always use transfers and insurance. After speaking with them, it seems that the early booking rate is the same as the on-board booking rate. To me, that doesn't seem right. They made it seem like we would be getting a fantastic rate onboard and so we spent valuable vacation time waiting to book.

I think the onboard rate should be a better deal than the rate anyone can receive online. We travel during school vacation week, so I know they can sell our room for much higher rates, but we should get some incentive for being repeat cruisers, right?

Just rambling thoughts......

TimonTracy
01-12-2003, 07:25 PM
I always thought the special incentive was the $100 or $200 booking credit, also you can transfer to a travel agent (Like DU for their special rebate) and keep the credit.

The agent on board also said we can call back if we see the price lower....