PDA

View Full Version : Shore Excursions?

allears
01-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Can anyone who has previously done the Western cruise share some tips on the best options for excursions? We sail on Feb 1st (yippiee, can't wait). We really like spending time on the ship, which is our destination more than any of the ports, and we're not real big on beaches. However, since we are at these new lands, we feel like we should do some exploring.

Right now our tentative plan is to go it on our own in Key West, maybe just walk around a bit, check out the shops, perhaps the trolley or train tour.

Grandy Cayman is up in the air, we may just opt for staying on the ship.

Cozumel, has anyone done the tour of San Gervasio? Was it worth it?

I'll look forward to your help. Everyone here has always got the best info.

Also, and Dis events or get togethers planned for the Feb 1st cruise?

Bon Voyage!

Wavegirl
01-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Grand Cayman is one of the most beautiful and fun stops on the trip. THere is so much to see and do, before you say no to leaving the ship, visit

Guide to Grand Cayman Discounts (http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com)

Check out the activities section, shopping and some of the pictures of the island. There are a lot things to do besides the beach;)

My Favorite "dry" activiteis on the island would have to be the beach horseback riding and Atlantis Submarines. I've only done the submarine that goes to 100ft, my next big excursion will be the research submarine that goes to 800FT, have to start saving for that one now as its pricey but a once in a lifetime experience !!! Or you can even rent a car and tour around on the left hand side fo the road

:D

SuperDisneyDad
01-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Here's another vote for going ashore in Grand Cayman. We, too, enjoy staying on the ship while in port, but Grand Cayman is a MUST do!! We plan to do like you in Key West (walk around a little bit for a while) and we probably won't get off the ship in Cozumel, but we'll be doing the Atlantis sub in Grand Cayman. We swam with stingrays last time we were there (great experience).

ZebraStripes
01-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Hi. We are also on the Feb 1 Magic! 27 days till we leave!

In Key West we are just going to walk around, no specific shore excursions planned. We will probably do the Trolly tour (there used to be discount tickets on their website...haven't been to the site in a while though). The same company does a Boston Trolly tour that was fantastic so we decided to try them again. In Grand Cayman we are doing the Disney excursion Island Tour and Stingray Swim. As we are taking my DD7 out of school for over a week, I am hoping she'll retain some of the things she learns about and do a report when she gets back to school. In Cozumel, we are doing the Atlantis submarine excursion. I think we will also hit Playa Sol eventhough we are not beach goers (I burn to a crisp without 45 sun block on). The water just looked too beautiful to pass up. I think we will also try the mini golfing there.

Hope to see you there!

SQUIGGLE
01-04-2003, 09:58 AM
allears - you might want to try the trolley in Key West. You can get off at several different places to look around; and then pick up another trolley to continue the tour.
On Grand Cayman we took the island/StingRay City tour and really enjoyed it. You don't go in the water with this one; you are in a boat with an underwater observation area.
Can't help with San Gervasio - maybe after next Western Cruise.
Have a MAGICal cruise!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc