PDA

View Full Version : Heelys on the ship

aaronamy
01-02-2003, 12:33 AM
My son loves his Heely skate shoes, these are the ones with a single wheel in the heal of the skate, he leans back to skate and steps on the front of the shoe when he wants to stop. He can also pop out the wheel. Does anyone know if there are any rules against these shoes?

Viking
01-02-2003, 06:15 AM
Yes, common sense ;)

You shouldn't let him skate on the ship. It is just too confined a space, he will surely crash into someone.

Buckaroo's Dad
01-02-2003, 07:27 AM
I agree with Viking.

Also, your son may not crash into anyone but rather he may strike a stationary object which may, in turn, alter the dear lad's appearance...

Dave_from_Marietta
01-02-2003, 08:00 AM
My concern is different. I would worry about the marks he would leave on the beautiful teak deck.

slindamood
01-02-2003, 02:16 PM
I saw several children on deck 9, 10, and 4 with that type of skate/shoe. on the 12/14 Magic. I never saw one crash into anyone, but saw one child almost head down a flight of stairs.
Although it looked like fun when the decks were almost empty, I saw some children who looked out of control and could have hurt someone. Others were quite accomplished. I never saw a CM speak to any of them.