PDA

View Full Version : embarrasing question about Cozumel ??

magic cruiser
01-01-2003, 10:50 PM
I am excited about our 3rd Disney Cruise, except for one thing....

I always enjoy the beautiful beaches, shopping, sightseeing that the islands have to offer, BUT Cozumel worries me. You see I have this fear of reptiles...which ,of course,includes iguanas. Is there ANYWHERE I could go, or any tour to take where this wouldn't be a big problem ? I really want to enjoy my day in Cozumel but am apprehensive. Thanks for your advice...AND for not laughing ! Oh, we sail 1/18/03...coming up soon ! :eek:

Michelle
01-01-2003, 11:46 PM
Sure! :) Take the Fury Catamaran excursion, you're on a great boat and you snorkel a bit and then head to a beach with nary an iguana in sight! ;) I'm sure there are plenty of other places you could go too and remain reptile free.

I understand, iguanas creep me out too! :)

Pugdog007
01-02-2003, 12:02 AM
FYI we saw iguanas in Grand Cayman but they were in cages.

shmoogrrrl
01-02-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by magic cruiser
II have this fear of reptiles...which ,of course,includes iguanas.

Ummm....EEEK? Is there an Iguana problem on Cozumel? Can I jsut say MEEP?! I am not a reptile fan either!

Kathy

minnieandmickey
01-02-2003, 01:37 AM
FYI, we saw them at Tulum(Mayan Ruins), a whole family of them.

AnnMorin
01-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Never saw one iguana! DS was upset as he really wanted to see some, we did go to Cozumel mini golf and saw some tiny things that looked more like newts or something they were only about four inches., but in the shopping district not one reptile !

magic cruiser
01-02-2003, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone , I feel better already !!!

JODIELYN
01-02-2003, 10:36 AM
We spent time at Mr Sancho's beach, didn't see any iguanas there, also spent time doing some shopping and didn't see any there.

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
01-02-2003, 11:51 AM
We also went shopping and we never saw one iguana. In fact, I never saw any reptiles during the enitre duration of the cruise. Hope ya have loads of fun!!!!!!!

dis4me
01-02-2003, 01:34 PM
We didn't see any at Playa Sol either. The kids would have like to but I for one was very glad.

jennifersmith23
01-02-2003, 02:36 PM
When we went to Xcaret on the mainland we saw A LOT of them in the park. I would stay away from there if you don't want them scampering up to you.

Rhonda
01-02-2003, 03:12 PM
ok - I'm just the opposite. I WANT to see iguanas! :) I've heard that people take bananas off the ship, and feel the iguanas. Where can I go to do that?

Jeanny
01-02-2003, 04:46 PM
ok, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking the same thing~~~

are you sure you want to "feel" the iguana's ;) What are the banana's for then???

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!

Rhonda
01-02-2003, 04:53 PM
ROFL!!! Sorry - I want to FEED the iguanas! I guess I could feel them too, if they'd let me.... :rolleyes:

Cindyluwho
01-02-2003, 06:36 PM
I totally understand about your phobia. While I love iquanas and all things reptile, I simply cannot stand to be near spiders. I've traveled to Mexico over a dozen times and it's one of the toughest parts of the trip. I console myself with the thought that, in Mexico, the spiders are soooo large that I couldn't possibly accidently run into one. You can even see them on the side of the road when you're traveling by car. EWWWWWW I personally think phobias are something we're born with and as far as I can tell, they have no specific purpose but are scary as all get out. My other phobia is "little people" and if there's an explanation for that one I'm dying to know.

kshabare
01-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Cindyluwho has a phobia of little people? Now that's funny.

Are you telling me that I have to worry about crawly spiders in Mexico?! In the words of my 8 yr. old "That's Sickness!" Iguanas I can handle. Little salamandar/newts are cool. Ferrets rock. Spiders just rot!

Kim šOš

Cindyluwho
01-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Kshabare, like I said, the spiders are sooo big you can see them well before you get anywhere near them. Somehow that's not so freaky to me as the little tiny ones that you don't see until you walk into their webs. When that happens I always do the "spider web dance". You know the one, wiping your hands all over your head and body while jerking madly around and flailing. And the phobia about little people seems funny until you realize that it would be totally unPC and very rude to run away when you see one in a public place. Someday I'm gonna get up the nerve to aproach a little person and ask if it's a common thing to be afraid of them, but that would probably be even more unPC.