PDA

View Full Version : 11/8/03 Western Cruise roll call.... "looking for info from DISers"

Pages : [1] 2 3

alisbarc
01-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Hello All,

Does anyone know if a thread has been started for the 11/08/03 Western cruise. If so could you please bump it to the top so I can read and reply. Can't seem to get the search function to work.

If one hasn't been started lets begin. I would be happy to organize an informal Dis meeting. Been reading about them on the DIS board and sounds like fun. My wife (Alison) is pretty handy with the computer and would be willing to make up name tags etc. I'll put together a bi-weekly (maybe a little less frequent now and more frequent as we get closer) for everyones reading pleasure.

Ok, Here's what I need to get started. Please email to dwbarc@aol.com the following:
Names of everyone in your party
Ages of the kids at cruise time.(we'll keep everyone guessing on us older folks)
stateroom #
hometown
dining seating session
favorite disney character (each family member)
email address

Also, any ideas you may have on where to meet, activities you may want to do together (if any), words of wisdom, cruise tips.

There are 6 of us. Myself (David), Alison, Mary 13, Timothy 10, Matthew 5, and Andrew 4. The little guys (don't let them know but include me also) can hardly wait to go on the big boat.

Happy New Years - Watching the rose bowl parade - awesome!

PS I'm a huge Tigger Fan.

imgoingtodisney
01-01-2003, 01:01 PM
DS10.5 (will be 11 when we cruise), DH and I (mid 40s) are on the 11/8 Western cruise. We have a room on deck 6 w/verandah. Main dining. First time cruise for DH & DS. Central MA. DH's favorite character is Tigger. Currently mine is the main mouse himself.
I have mixed feelings about this cruise. Hopefully I'll be in the right frame of mind before we cruise.

I remember a few other families saying they are also cruising on the 11/8/03 cruise. I believe it was a few weeks ago.

alisbarc
01-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Hi imgoing to disney. Thanks for being the first to respond. We are also on deck 6 (6016 & 6018). No verandah for us. My DW is afraid the little ones might fall or the 10 year old might jump.

Why do you have mixed feelings? We took a carnival cruise this summer and it was great. I never have had a bad experience with Disney and am sure the cruise will be terrific.

Send me your email and other info if you would like to be included in any updates and possible DIS meeting onboard.

Happy New Years
David

alisbarc
01-04-2003, 11:43 AM
OK, I know there are 11/8 cruisers out there somewhere. So far we have 10 or us from 2 families.

:D Nothing required, just curious of how many DISmaniacs are gonna be on the boat with us.

Happy New Years and have a tiggerrific day.

alisbarc
01-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Hello all,

Is me again. Gonna bump this to the top every Friday in hopes of Finding a few DIS friends out there. So far its just 10 of us from 2 families. We are going to have a blast so step forward and say hello. WE will supply the going away bubbles!

Less than 10 months to go!

alisbarc
01-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Still looking for DIS boarders who are going on the 11/8/03 7 day Western. Its going to be tons of fun. Stand up and be counted.

Have a tiggerriffic day!
David

nghtangl01
01-24-2003, 08:47 PM
The wedding and honeymoon will on consist of the two of us.

My fiance (Jason) and myself (Angela)
we are in a category 7 Navigator Verandah
Second dining
We live in Palm Coast Florida
My favorite character is between Dopey and Mickey.

We are trying to have a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding on Castaway.
:D

imgoingtodisney
01-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Yeah -you found us!
Any details on the wedding? (That would be so great to see)
Have you been reading the DIS for a while? What decisions if any have you made yet? Excursions, etc.?

nghtangl01
01-24-2003, 09:52 PM
We are still working on reading the packet on the wedding. It has been a very hectic couple of months we just moved into a new home, company in town, then FH was in a motorcycle accident and had to have knee surgery from a prior household accident!!

The only things we have decided on so far is my bouquet is goings to a french bouquet made of all red roses. And our cake topper is Belle and the Beast.

We are planning on doing the Surial Bath one day. Haven't really decided about excursions. I really wanted to do the dolphin encounter but then got really disappointed when I found out you don't get to swim with the dolphins. So still deciding... We have friends who live down near Key West who are going visit us while we are in port.

On Friday the 14th (wedding day) we will be having dinner at Palo's.

And hopefully the Saturday night after we can go stay at a disney resort and go to Epcot!!!

alisbarc
01-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Hi Angela & Jason,
So glad you posted a reply. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. We wish you a wonderful life together. Alison and I have been married for 20 years - all good ones.

If you will send me your email I will add you to our DIS cruise list. I will be putting together a little newsletter for all The DIS board 11/8/03 crusisers.

Who is Jason's favorite Disney character. So far both adult males are Tigger fans. Do we have another one?

Our group is getting bigger. We are up to 12 now!

TTFN

daivd

nuke
01-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Bumping this up. I am firing off an e-mail now David. :)

alisbarc
01-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Welcome Nuke! With your group of 5 we are up to 17 DIS board fans on the cruise. Anyone else out there!

ttfn

alisbarc
02-02-2003, 09:54 PM
bump

Kaelynsmom
02-05-2003, 08:14 AM
We'll be there. It will be myself, DH and 3 year old DD. This will be our first cruise. We can hardly wait.

alisbarc
02-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Welcome Kaelynsmom,

If you would like to join our little informal group (will be 20 or us with y'all) please send me your email address and the other information at the start of this thread. My email address if dwbarc@aol.com. Our first newsletter is going out on Valentines Day in honor of our wedding cruisers.

ttfh

alisbarc
02-08-2003, 12:22 PM
We are up to 23 DIS board fans now. Only 6 more days till the first edition of the newsletter comes out. If your on the 11/08/03 Western cruise still time to emial me at dwbarc@aol.com and be inluced in the inagaural issue. Sure to become a highly sought after collecters item. But, we still need a name. Any ideas?

TTFN

wdw1972
02-09-2003, 01:38 PM
I'll be emailing you with my information - I just booked the 11/8 cruise day before yesterday.

How nice of you to arrange a meet, and do the newsletters - it'll help pass the time we have to wait until cruising!

I rarely get over hear to check the board (not enough time, although it's a great site), so I'll look forward to keeping in touch via the newsletter - and most likely will make time to check in here more often as a result. :-)

alisbarc
02-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Welcome WDW1972. With the 2 of you we are now up to 25 happy cruisers. Only4 more days till the first newsletter. Still looking for a name. All suggestions welcomed.
ttfn

Fay Ray
02-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Count us in!!!
Linda and Brian (Disney Wife and Husband)
Troy (Disney Son) he will have just turned 11 before the cruise
We're from Rochester NY. This will be our second DCL trip.
We went on the Wonder 04/02 and loved it!
We're dining late and will be on Deck 7 Aft.
Glad to see there are other boys that are my DS's age!!!

TTFN

Fay Ray

alisbarc
02-14-2003, 08:50 PM
Welcome Fay_Ray and Tiggerhappy. We are now up to 38 DIS board cruisers. No longer a small group.

Ok 11/08/03 cruise lurkers. The first newsletter went out today. A virtual cornacopia of information, introductions, and intellectual reading. If you want to join the group email me your info at dwbarc@aol.com and I'll send you a copy of the first edition.

ttfn
david

nuke
02-14-2003, 11:28 PM
The newsletter was quite entertaining and I am looking forward to the next. :)

tiggerhappy
02-15-2003, 09:13 AM
How are you going to keep us all straight-- even I'm confused with my own party of 10 sometimes?!? :smooth:

I'm looking forward to the next edition already.

imgoingtodisney
02-15-2003, 05:12 PM
could it be thats why he wanted to know our favorite character? so he can make us all DIS name tags?

gijuju
02-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Hi There! You can add 4 more to your list. Judy 40, Rob 47, Derek 17 and Erin 15 will be joining all of you on our 4th Disney Cruise. We are pretty excited! Please add us to your newsletter, it sounds great. Have a wonderful day!

imgoingtodisney
02-18-2003, 09:56 AM
welcome to our group
how do you teens like the disney cruise? What was their best thing to do?

3MinnieMom
02-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Good Morning!!

You can add 5 more to your growing list...
Our family will be taking our first Disney cruise on Nov 8th, 2003 !!!!! (we'll e-mail you soon with all the details)

Our family consists of myself and my DH (big Disney fans)
and our 3 daughters (youngest will be 5 yrs old, middle daughter will be 9.5 yrs old, and oldest will be 10.5 yrs old at the time of cruising).

Thanks to the wonderful people at Dreams Unlimited, we have 2 adjoining secret porthole rooms on deck 5.

Can't wait to read the newsletter !!

:cool: :smooth:

Fay Ray
02-18-2003, 03:16 PM
David,
What is our total now???

alisbarc
02-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Welcome gijuju & 3miniemom!!! We are now up to 47 DIS board folks on this cruise.

I look forward to getting your info so I can put it in the next the next newsletter. My email is dwbarc@aol.com. As soon as I hear from you I'll forward a copy of newsletter #1 to you.

3minniemom, you're gonnal like our newsletter name. As of right now we have 7 kids who are now 10 or will be at cruise time (give or take 6 months). 10 was a great year for me. Lived in Hawthorne, NV (pop. 3500). Spent all summer catching snakes and lizzards. Got my first kiss (yuck, really didn't like it at that point). Learned to play golf. Had no worries about house note, car notes, etc. Plus, I think all Disney lovers are 10 year olds at heart. Soooo..... we have named our newsletter/cruise:
The "Wish I Were 10 Again" Disney Cruise News.

ttfn
david

gijuju
02-19-2003, 11:41 PM
imgoingtodisney
Our kids have a great time just hanging out. Erin is quite the social butterfly and loves common grounds. Derek likes to walk around the ship, talk to adults and cast members from all over the world, very curious mind. We rarely see them, except for dinner when they need to eat with us and dress up! No curfews, where can they go!?!?!

alisbarc
02-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Good morning fellow DIS cruisers.

Welcome to our newest group members!!! "BUGPEANUT" 6 more disney fanatic fans. We are now over 50 not so patiently waiting till november dis board cruisers. Gonna be a long hot summer.

ttfn
david

Fay Ray
02-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Keep up the good work David!!!

Johnathan's Mom
02-24-2003, 08:15 PM
We are on this cruise also! Myself, DH and 7 y/o DS. 1st dining.
Thanks for getting this together!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

imgoingtodisney
02-25-2003, 06:22 AM
Hey - another Jonathan? Our Jonathan will be 11 in May.

MSEC-DVC95
02-26-2003, 08:22 AM
Hi Everyone -

We will be on the 11/08/03 cruise too!! There will be 4 of us - myself, husband, daughter (8) and son (5). This will be our second cruise - we did a 3 day in 2001 and my husband and kids loved it soo much they wanted to do a 7 day this time around. I enjoyed it too but I am prone to motion sickness and I have a 'thing' about being confined on a ship with no land in sight - haha!! - so I hope I will be a little more relaxed this time around!! My son is especially excited about the Mickey Slide - he would have spent the entire cruise going down that slide - and that is all he is talking about for this next cruise!! We are all anxious to visit all the different 'ports of call' as we have not been to any of those places yet - and my husband is already making a list of all the excursions he wants to do (especially the Atlantis submarine - not one I am looking forward to - I don't want to be confined in a submarine underwater - haha!! - I may have to pass on that one!!) :confused:

Have a great day!!

:jester:

imgoingtodisney
02-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Wow! David you did a great thing with your newsletter!
People are adding to your thread quick now!

What part of CT are you guys from? We're right over the border in MA

MSEC-DVC95
02-26-2003, 07:41 PM
"What part of CT are you guys from? We're right over the border in MA"

Hi Imgoingtodisney - we are from Bristol, CT - which is about 20 minutes southwest of Hartford - about 1 hour from the Mass border. I see in your signature you are DVC owners (WLV) - we also purchased DVC - back in 95 - orginally at OKW but then sold OKW and bought at BWV when it opened :) We love DVC!!!

Fay Ray
02-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Anyone else on the 11/08/03 Magic?

Fay Ray
03-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Anyone, Anyone????

mac_tlc
03-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Not a confirmed 11/8/03 cruiser yet, but contemplating it. Also from CT (Prospect , near Waterbury) A member of the 11/30/02 Cancelled Magic Cruiser Club , so the "discount" turns into a pumpkin at 12:00:01 12/20/2003 . Also trying to assemble a group, have had space reserved since May '02... Looks like it will be 11/8 Western or 11/29 Eastern ... Hate to miss the Christmas festivities......

mac_tlc

imgoingtodisney
03-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Come on Mike - join us. I'd love to have 1 of our original cruisers with us.
Yes we were looking forward to the Christmas festivities but the 11/8 sounds like a good group of cruisers too.

alisbarc
03-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi Mac_tlc,

Love to have you join us. If you will send me your email address (mine is dwbarc@aol.com) I will forward you a copy of our first newsletter.
ttfn
david

gijuju
03-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone!
We're getting closer. Mac, our family was also booted from the cruise last November. What a drag. I won't complain, we could have all been sick. Come on, join our cruise, it can't happen twice to the same guests. At least, I hope not!

alisbarc
03-04-2003, 10:10 PM
HI all,
Only 3 more days until newsletter number 2 comes out. Any 11/8 cruisers out there who haven't joined we'd love to have you. Send me an email at dwbarc@aol.com and I'll send you a copy of Newsletter #1. Gonna be tons of fun.
ttfn

balbrec
03-05-2003, 09:52 PM
David,
The anticipation of the next newsletter is just too much for us to take!!

I'll be looking for my email on Friday!
Now, if only our cruise date was that close......:p

alisbarc
03-07-2003, 04:28 PM
OK, the 2nd edition of the "Wish I Were 10 Again" Disney Cruise News has been sent.

We are at almost 70 DIS board fans on the cruise now. Looking to hit 100 by next newsletter. So email me at dwbarc@aol.com if you want in. We have some fun stuff on the burner.
ttfn
david

PS will be out of town from 3/8 - 15 (suffering on the beaches of the Florida east coast) for spring break. But I will get back to you promptly upon my return to reality.

mac_tlc
03-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Hi all,

Well we made our decision...... and its the 11/8 Western .... Just booked with DVC today.. Had to use the 11/30/02 discount before it was worthless. It's me (43 by then), DW (44), DD (16) and DS (9, birthday is 11/4 so we will celebrate a couple days late on the ship).. We have a cat 5, deck 7 , all of the quad cat 6's are spoken for right now... Also waitlisted for main dining, although it will almost certainly clear, especially when DCL recalls the unsold group space around the beginning of June.

Neighbors also joining us DH, DW, DS(9), DS(6), DS(3) , cat 4
Also my SIL, cat 9

We have been to all of the ports before so we will probably "wing it" for excusions, except Stingray City.. definitely worth a return trip...

mac_tlc

imgoingtodisney
03-07-2003, 08:35 PM
glad you decided to join us (again)

alisbarc
03-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Welcome Mac_tlc. Very glad you decided to join us. Please send me your email address (mine is dwbarc@aol.com) and I will send you the first 2 newsletters and some other info. With your gruop we are now have 70+ folks.

Just got forwarded an email from "Mini_golf_sally" by "ImgoingtoDisney". We are planning a mini golf tourney in Cozumel which includes UNLIMITED Sangria, beer, and soda; plus prizes and of course - mini golf. Good inexpensive family and adult fun. More about the tourney in the next newsletter.

ttfn
david

nuke
03-08-2003, 10:45 AM
The mini-golf tourny sounds fun! :D

imgoingtodisney
03-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey guys - been listening to Jimmy Buffet getting in the cruise mood
What's up with Cpt Marvin's? Would this be good for a first snorkeling experience? Is the entire trip out in the deep water? Wonder if they have gift certificates?

imgoingtodisney
03-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Jimmy has definately put me in the cruise mood! Im getting psyched again - uhoh - Whos ready to dance?

Booked Cpt Marvin's, asked Sally for mini-golf gift certificates, have the itinerary up on the door next to the computer
next I'll have to go back through my cruise folder

DH just told me he's still planning on renting the tux.

wdw1972
03-10-2003, 07:32 PM
The sangria....oops I mean mini golf sounds like fun! I think we've got a long time in this port, so that would still leave time for shopping or other activities.

Mac_tlc - your daughter shares my birthday, but I'm a long way past 9!:cool:

mac_tlc
03-11-2003, 12:24 PM
I'll make sure to wish you a happy birthday, wdw1972, if we cross paths. My son will have his dining room "celebration" on the 2nd night, so you have a "1 out of 6" chance of seeing it !!!

So, exactly which anniversary of your 9th birthday is it ???? :)

mac_tlc

wdw1972
03-11-2003, 06:42 PM
mac_tlc - I expect we'll be in Animator's Palate, 2nd seating on night 2, since we've had the LAPLAPL rotation the 2 previous times Sheila & I have done the 7-day cruise without any kids.

I'll be turning 45, so I guess it'll be the 36th anniversary of my 9th birthday :smooth:

Can't wait for November!

Fay Ray
03-11-2003, 07:48 PM
We'll be celebrating my DS's (Troy) 11th birthday on the first night. But, don't tell him!!!! It's a surprise!!!! (His actual BD is Halloween.)

alisbarc
03-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Hello Fellow Cruisers from DVC Vero Beach.

We are down here for spring break having way too much fun. Got a little sun burned the first day. Gone to putting on sun block every 3 hours.

The mini golf tourney will be a lot of fun. I will send out some details via email as soon as I get back home on Sunday. We are in Port from 10:00 am - 11 pm (if I remember correctly). Plan is to have the tourney right after lunch (around 1 ish) and be done by 3. That would give folks plenty of time to head off and see the other Cozumel sites and partake of the night life or head back to the ship for dinner.

ttfn
david

wdw1972
03-13-2003, 06:10 AM
David - The timing of the golf tourney sounds great.

Enjoy your time at Vero - we leave this weekend for Hilton Head. Gotta love those DVC resorts!

wdw1972
03-15-2003, 09:08 PM
bump

nghtangl01
03-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Bump!!

nghtangl01
03-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Jason said he is up for that mini golf game. :)

alisbarc
03-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Hi Angela & Jason,

Great that you are gonna join us for the mini golf tourney. Looks like we are going to have a good turnout. Watch out though. Tim (my 10 year old) plays a pretty mean game. Last time we went he got it in the clowns nose for a free game.
But after all that sangria and beer I don't think I'll care whether we win or not. Just point me towards the ship after we're done and give a big push.

ttfn
david

nghtangl01
03-18-2003, 10:03 PM
LOL! Jason will be joining you with pointing him to the ship. Good food (hopefully good enough to please a certified chef), beer, fun, and relaxation and of course the honeymoon fun is what we are looking forward to after biketoberfest.

alisbarc
03-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Hi Angela,
We just got back from Florida. Spent the final Sat night of Bike week in Daytona. Kids loved seeing all the bikes. They sure were pretty. It was amazing. There were thousands of them.

Hey, if the food isn't good maybe Jason will whip us up some culinary delights. Heck I'm not very picky. With 4 kids anything other than McDonalds is pretty much gourmet eating.

ttfn
david

alisbarc
03-21-2003, 10:35 AM
Any more 11/08/03 cruisers out there? If you are please email me at dwbarc@aol.com with the answers to the questions on the first post of this thread and any other juicy tidbits you would like to share for future inclusion in our award winning newsletter.
ttfn
david

imgoingtodisney
03-24-2003, 06:10 AM
Im back guys!
How's the cruise planning going?

imgoingtodisney
03-26-2003, 05:52 AM
Hey Dave - what's up? Havent heard from you for a few days now. Hope everything's ok

disneyeveryyear
03-27-2003, 10:19 AM
I am so glad I finally found you guys!!! I have been looking for a thread for the 11/8/03 Magic.

We are going and I am excited!! It is a belated birthday present for my big 4-0. Due to my husband's business, we are unable to cruise over Labor Day Weekend (my actual birthday).:(

But this group sounds like a lot of fun! I will send David a e-mail, but the particulars are as follows,

DH (loves Disney but hates to admit it), me (loves everything Disney), DS (9), DD (4) and my recently widowed mother (63).

I so wish we could join your mini golf tournament, it is one of the things our family loves to do together, but we are planning on the Dolphin Encounter and I believe it is about that same time. Maybe we could join you for round 2?

Gosh, I am so thrilled to have found you all, let's keep it going and keep everyone pumped up!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

imgoingtodisney
03-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Glad to hear we have more DIS cruisers !

disneyeveryyear
03-27-2003, 05:23 PM
I was trying to look through the thread, any other 9 year old boys or 4 year old girls going to be on this cruise?

I am sure my 9 year old DS would love to e-mail with others that will be on same cruise.

imgoingtodisney
03-28-2003, 06:05 AM
just got out Dave's March newsletter - we have alot of kids between us all - the closest to 9yr boy and 4yr girl we have:

Tim 10, Jonathan 11, Troy 11 , Stephanie & Matt 10yr twins, Jason 11, Johnathon 7

and Kaelyn 4

alisbarc
03-28-2003, 08:27 AM
Welcome Disneyeveryear,

My DS Tim (10 at cruise time) would enjoy emailing with your DS9. He is a typical 10 year old; likes soccer, skateboards, and beyblades. Never remembers where he put his shoes, favorite shirt or baseball glove and suffers from a sever case of selected short term memory loss. His email is tjbarc@aol.com
ttfn david

disneyeveryyear
03-28-2003, 09:32 AM
David,

Sounds like they have a lot in common, especially the short term memory loss.

Adam also loves soccer and skateboards and Cub Scouts. By the way, what are beyblades? That is not a name that I know. Wait, maybe you shouldn't tell us, then he'll want them for his birthday.:p

I can't forget his love for his scooters, including his electric one. I am surprised that he has yet to ask if he can bring it with him on the cruise ship. I will definitely say no to that!

Told the family about this thread last night and everyone was excited! They really want to play minigolf, so we will have to find a way to fit it in.

imgoingtodisney - thanks for this info, I have sent e-mails to these so hopefully our kids can start a correspondence before we go. It sounds like the boys can have quite the time with friends in the lab. However, my DD (4) knows there is one other 4 YO girl, and is waiting for more to join the group.

As a fellow Pooh-a-phile, I agree,

TTFN,

Beverly

alisbarc
03-29-2003, 05:05 PM
bump

imgoingtodisney
03-30-2003, 09:33 AM
hey guys - have you all checked out kshabare's trip report on the cruise report board? if not, go do it now!

imgoingtodisney
03-31-2003, 06:55 PM
So whos been on the Western before?
We havent done a disney cruise yet but I did get to Cozumel & Key West while on NCL Dec 01

Any ideas yet on what youre doing with your kids in Key West? Definately want to see the sunset in Mallory Square. NCL wasnt there at night

disneyeveryyear
03-31-2003, 07:48 PM
We haven't been on a DC before either, and the last time I was in Key West was when I was a kid.

After looking at the options, and looking at other threads here, I think we are going to do the train/trolley, but by ourselves. I know we could do it through DCL, but they say that that tour doesn't stop anywhere, and I want the flexibility to get off at the aquarium, shipwreck museum if we choose. We have a DD(4), DS(9) and my mom (64). Therefore, some of our options are limited. I would like to go to the southern most point of the Continental US, blah, blah, blah, touristy stuff.

I am debating between sunset in Mallory Square, or sunset on the boat with a drink in hand in a lounge chair, or maybe sitting in Palo.
We did NCL 13 years ago, but we had an Eastern trip (after which I swore I would never cruise again). Hope this is better!

It will depend on dining rotation, etc.

Grand Cayman has me stymied. We had planned to go on the island tour, but there was a post that was very disappointing. I am not sure what to do now. The 4 year old can't go to Stingray City, and I am not sure mom would enjoy it.

Cozumel is the Dolphin Encounter and the mini golf tournament. I don't know beyond that.

What are you planning with your kids?

nuke
03-31-2003, 11:29 PM
We are travelling with my 6 yr old son and this is what is tenatively planned....

Key West--Not much of anything. Probably walk around a bit, maybe the conch train tour but probably not.

Grand Cayman--I am leaning towards the Nautilus submarine here if we do the Dolphin encounter in Cozumel. If we don't do the dolphins, then DH and myself will do the stingray city thing and DS will stay with grandma and grandpa.

Cozumel--Mini-golf Tournament for sure. :) Possibly the dolphin encounter. If we don't do the dolphins we may go to Chakanaab on our own.

imgoingtodisney
04-01-2003, 07:05 PM
I did it! I did it!
Paid off the remainder of my DVC loan w/my new Disney Visa card. Money is already in the bank to pay off the visa.
Yippee - now I can start putting money away for drinks !

DVC is paid off and we havent been on the cruise or "home" yet!!

disneyeveryyear
04-01-2003, 11:34 PM
I am so sad! I just charged my deposit two weeks ago and haven't seen the bill yet. That money is in the bank, but it will be later before I can pay off the balance.

Now I am the green-eyed

imgoingtodisney
04-02-2003, 05:36 AM
Who's staying at the Radisson the night before?
DIS meet ?

disneyeveryyear
04-02-2003, 09:18 AM
It definitely depends on what time we fly in as to whether we stay at MCO or go on to Port Canaveral.

If we are there, you can count us in.

Did anyone else follow the thread about the Green Mickey "stickers", paint chips from Home Depot?

I guess lime green in the DISboards color, and someone had found Mickey head stickers in the paint department of Home Depot and thought they would be much better than green ribbons to help us identify each other.

Well, my DH and I were in St. Louis yesterday and ran into the Home Depot when we saw it. I grabbed up every green Mickey Head they had.

If anyone else likes this idea, let me know and maybe we can clean them out and have enough for our entire group.;)

I think Allison is going to make name tags for later, but these would be great to help find each other the first day.

Let me know,

imgoingtodisney
04-02-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi -yes I did see the thread. Havent been to Home Depot in a few wks though so havent been able to get them myself yet. I have checked lime green ribbon on our suitcases and my fanny pack thanks to wovenwonder.

We're on a 7am flight out of Providence on that Fri so should be landing about 10am. By the time we get the rental car, drive over to the Radisson, and stop for pineapple juice for my coconut rum it should be early afternoon.
Had plans last year to checkout Shirley's manatees so may do that too.
Then we'll be hanging out at the pool

anyone have any ideas for DISmeets?

imgoingtodisney
04-02-2003, 09:30 AM
disneyeveryyear - feel free to pm or email me - love to hear from ya

nuke
04-02-2003, 12:02 PM
We haven't decided when to fly in yet. A lot depends on United Airlines. I'm thinking we won't leave Chicago until late Friday so my son doesn't miss another day of school.

disneyeveryyear
04-02-2003, 12:27 PM
It is great to see more "Illinoisians" on the cruise. We were up in your neck of the woods two weeks ago. Spent the weekend in Naperville/Schaumburg. Both are great places with kids.

Had a ball at the DuPage Children's Museum and Indoor Water Park (Schaumburg).

See you in November!

Fay Ray
04-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Hello All!
I stopped yesterday and picked up about 15 of the green Mickey's from Home Depot. Maybe we can arrange that those of us who have extras can snail mail them to those who need them.
Since they aren't stickers, I was going to look and see if I can find
a pin back to put on them. I'm thinking maybe a craft store would have just the back flat part of a pin (that you would wear like jewelery) that could be glued on the back so they could be reused. I'll let you know if I find anything.

DIS Meets: I'm wondering if we should try to meet the first evening, or if it will be too hectic. I'll post a question to the veteran's to get advice on when the best time and location are.....

We are flying in the night before and staying at the Fairfield Inn at MCO.

disneyeveryyear
04-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Fay Ray-

May I suggest you investigate www.biddingfortravel.com. They help with Priceline. Most people have been booking 3* hotels at MCO for $25 - $28.00

It might be something for you to look into. It's probably cheaper than Fairfield Inn and nicer too.

Barb at http://www.*****************/ does it all the time and has great things to say about it.

That's what I plan to do because I really want to fly down the evening before. I think it will be too late to drive to Port Canaveral. We are using Happy Limo to get to the ship.

Fay Ray
04-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Disneyeveryyear--
Thanks for the suggestion! We are actually getting our room for "free" because we'll be using points from our Marriott Rewards so we are all set. I'll keep that site in mind for future travel......

We are using Happy Limo too.... what time are you leaving from the MCO area? I made the reservation for 10:00AM. I'm wondering if that's early enough....

disneyeveryyear
04-02-2003, 03:30 PM
Fay Ray -

I was planning on about 9:30 a.m. Just in case we need to make a stop at the grocery store.

How many people do you have going?

Fay Ray
04-02-2003, 07:47 PM
Disneyeveryyear,
There are just three of us. DH, DS(will be 11) and me.

alisbarc
04-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Hello All,
Back from my World travels. Thanks for keeping things going.

Those green Mickey stickers sound great. We have a Home Depot about 3 miles from us so I will go there today to see if I can buy some.

Looks like we will also be flying in the day/night before the cruise. Am going to book the Radisson shortly.

I am also working on a T shirt deal. I have a friend who runs a silk screen / stiching business. Working on the design now. This of course will be totally optional for those who want one. Gonna keep it as inexpensive as possible. Looking at using green (leaning towards the lime side, of course) with something like this on the front:

Wish I Were 10 Again
Disney Cruise
Nov 8, 2003

and everyones name and Dis Board name on back.
More about it in a future newsletter.

Need ideas on Dis Meets for embark day and during the cruise.

ttfn
david

disneyeveryyear
04-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Wow David, you are so on top of things.

Wouldn't that be fun, that we could all have matching T-shirts?

They would definitely see us coming in lime green! Maybe that will be my answer to a cover-up for my bathing suit. Lord knows I need to cover up as much as possible. How big are those going to come David? :p

Let us know how it all works out.

I was able to pick up a few extra Mickey heads from the Home Depot if anyone needs some. Just let me know.

Fay Ray
04-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Hello David,
For DIS meet ideas see my post:
"DIS Meet Veterans on Magic..your help please! "

The Palo suggestions might be tough since there are so many
of us!!!

disneyeveryyear
04-03-2003, 03:30 PM
There are a lot of us, but we don't have to count kids for this.

That takes my total from 5 to 3.

The other thing is they say the private room only holds 20 or so comfortably.

Even with adults only we may outgrow that number fairly quickly.

I would like to see something on the Saturday or Sunday so the kids can get to know each other also.

I think the thought of right after the drill and before the going away party sounds good.

The hidden deck on Deck 7 might be a great place to find each other easily. That was a great idea.

What does every one else think?

imgoingtodisney
04-03-2003, 03:33 PM
I'll be on deck 10 overlooking the Goofy pool blowing bubbles with tropical drink in hand as we sailaway

actually guys I'll be hard to miss - I'll be the one sobbing as I finally step onboard the ship ! been waiting 11 and then 12months

disneyeveryyear
04-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Hi Barb,

We must be online at the same time again!

I thought the "meet" could just last a little while. Is there any time between the drill and the sail away party?

Maybe there isn't. If so, then it's not a good idea.:confused:

wdw1972
04-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Several of the ideas sound good to me. I like the deck 7 idea, and the pre-sail away party is also good except that it can get really noisy up on deck 10 near Goofy Pool. I doubt I'd do a Palo brunch, primarily because there's no way I'd be able to eat dinner that night - plus I like my days for lounging around the pool rather than being indoors. The t-shirts - I like the idea of a swimsuit coverup! I'm not a t-shirt person, but it could function as a swimsuit coverup for me, in a larger size. I appreciate the creativity & effort being shown by so many people!

disneyeveryyear
04-04-2003, 02:36 PM
David,

I know the latest newletter will be out in a couple of weeks, but I am curious, how many are we up to?

I am sure we'll pick up more closer to date, but I am just wondering.

imgoingtodisney
04-04-2003, 03:19 PM
you know guys -this time last year when we were planning the first cruise DH was giving me such a hard time - about excursions, how he was dressing for dinner, not renting a tux, etc Actually he wouldnt even discuss it with me until it was much closer to cruise time.
This time Im getting no crap from him at all - we've been through it all and now he's just saying "yes dear, whatever you think is best". And as long as Im not whining, he's listening

alisbarc
04-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Depending on how you count it we are between 70 - 78. Still got one group awol.

Went to Home Depot today and picked up 25 of the Lime Green Mickey Paint Sample thingys. They will work great for nametags or other things. I asked how much they cost and was told they were free. Felt a little guilty about taking them all so I left a few. Figure I can go back once a month or so and keep picking up some. Been thinking... with all the DIS board folks taking them in bulk from Home Depot do you think the will order a ton of lime green paint in anticipation of a big run. Gosh, I hope not.

ttfn
david

disneyeveryyear
04-04-2003, 04:33 PM
David,

How funny! We'll all have to paint our youngest child's room lime green (ugh:p )

My husband felt so guilty about taking them that he insisted on buying something while we were there. I think he bought two packs of lightbulbs and a magazine on decks.

He still thinks he is going to figure out how to put a hot tub out on the deck. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks I am giving up any of my cruise money for a hot tub. That can come next year.

I am new to all of this, but 70 - 78 sounds like a lot of people to me.

Keep us updated on all the info.

lcmtam86
04-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Hello again - with the money that Dave & I have just given Home Depot on fixing up our house we should be able to empty them out (barb using tammie's email - hey its Fri night - were on our way for chinese drinks! and she told me to do a bunch of bouncie bouncies)
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

nuke
04-04-2003, 06:27 PM
WOW 70 people!! Our group is growing in leaps and bounds!

imgoingtodisney
04-06-2003, 09:52 AM
good morning everyone - the sun decided to come out today - we've had tons of rain lately - it's still cold (30s) - Jonathan & I are headed to the Mystic Aquarium - gotta see the fishies

wdw1972
04-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
good morning everyone - the sun decided to come out today - we've had tons of rain lately - it's still cold (30s) - Jonathan & I are headed to the Mystic Aquarium - gotta see the fishies

It's sunny & 80's here in Florida - so warm that many of my neighbors have their air conditioning on already. I refuse to turn ours on - it's too early for me to accept that summer is here! Living down here it's hard to remember so many others ARE in fact having cool/cold weather still! I'm originally from MA, so I remember how dreary this time of year can be up there.

Hope you had fun at the aquarium. I think I visited that once years ago when I lived in Stamford, CT briefly.

imgoingtodisney
04-06-2003, 07:41 PM
Had a nice day at the aquarium. Jonathan was talking about the mini-golf on the drive down. He wants to catch the iguanas! And he's ready to jump in and touch the stingrays. Dont know if I am!

30wks from Sat and we'll be boarding the Magic! Can you tell Ive been ready?

alisbarc
04-06-2003, 09:57 PM
all 4 of my kids have been talking about the mini golf tourney. Alison is working on special prizes for those 8 and under. Alison and I are also working on our wine (Sangria) intake tolerance. We are up to a bottle and half a night. Only practicing on weekends and when we can sleep past 8 am. Figure by the time we get to Cozumel we will be able to handle a glass every 3 or 4 holes. We figure by the time we are done with all 18 holes we won't care who wins. Just point us towards the ship and give us a big push.

ttfn
david

imgoingtodisney
04-07-2003, 06:12 AM
so how are you guys planning on wearing the lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot? think it's possible to punch a hole in the top, put on a key ring and then on a lanyard?

Johnathan's Mom
04-07-2003, 04:19 PM
I went to Home Depot yesterday and was able to get 2 of the lime green Mickey's. Hopefully they will order some more. Behr (sp?) had some larger paint sample cards that were about the same size. I thought I could also trace these and cut out extra's if need be. Is anyone smart enough to scan one of these onto this board and then we could just print them out on a color printer or else use lime green construction paper and cut Mickey heads out of these. Poster board may better. It does come in all sorts of colors these days.

We are headed for Disney World on Friday to get the last use out of this years annual passes. It is supposed to be rain snow mix here on Friday. Hopefully no snow in Florida and only Sunshine!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Carla

Fay Ray
04-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Hello all from Rochester, land of ice. The storm hit Friday complete with thunder and lightening. We were without power from Fri 2AM to Sat 5PM. The temp in our house got down to balmy 52 degrees. I was sitting next to the fireplace reading my Passporter. I figured warm thoughts of the cruise might make me feel better. It was a lot of fun! I can't complain because there are 80,000 households still without power........ Just glad that we got power in time to watch our SU Orangemen beat the Texas Longhorns! Hoping they can win one more tonight!

I like the hole in the Mickey to attach to lanyard idea! I'll test that out.......

God Bless all of you travelling to someplace warm. Just wish we could join you!

Is it November 8th yet?

alisbarc
04-07-2003, 06:13 PM
I am going wite my name, laminate my lime green Mickey from HD and then punch a hole in it. I think that will work real well.

Sorry to hear about the late storm up North. Sheesh, you poor guys are really getting beat up this year.

Meeting with my t-shirt connection later tonight. Will have a report in the next newsletter.

ttfn
david

imgoingtodisney
04-07-2003, 07:53 PM
he did it! DH did it! Picked up 5 of the lime green Mickey heads at Home Depot today. Did tell me he looked through all of the green paint samples from all the different vendors before he realized it was Disney paint! sheesh didnt think I had to tell him that-lol

do you guys have your waterproof containers yet?

goofy4wdw59
04-08-2003, 09:57 PM
I've been meaning to post on this thread...especially as our November 8th, 2003 cruise is getting closer!:cool:
I didn't read the whole thread yet--will e-mail alisbarc as I would like copies of his newsletters. Not sure yet what we are doing?...
It would be nice to meet some DIS'ers as we didn't do the DVC cruise (too many points for us!).
There are five of us: DH, me, DD-age 6, DS-age 4, DD-14mos.
I need to add a cruise "countdown"...:bounce::jester: :bounce:
Margaret

disneyeveryyear
04-08-2003, 10:47 PM
My thought was to put our names on our Mickey heads, laminate them (the only time I'll be glad to be an officer in the PTO) and then attach pins to the back.

If you want to see a scan on them, there was a post called something like "Who needs lime green ribbons when we can have lime green mickey heads?". It was about 7 - 10 days ago. Someone scanned the paint chips with a dime or quarter for comparison.

I was going to note that it was 7 months to the day until the cruise, but with GMT, my posts are already dating on the 9th. That's my luck, a day late and a dollar short!

alisbarc
04-09-2003, 09:19 AM
Hi Margaret (goofywdw59).

Welcome to our very friendly and Disney Crazy group. I will send you copies of the first two emails. Third is due out soon. Will probably send it out shortly after I send my check to the IRS (yuck) next week.

Hi Disneyeveryyear. I like your idea and thanks for volunteering. I have about 25 of the Lime Green Mickey heads. Send me an email and I will be happy to forward them to you and get you a list of names. You may also consider puunching a hole in them so folks could have the option of pinning them on or wearing them on a lanyard. Would really be cool if we all were in Palos with our lime green Mickey heads around our necks. Wouldn't want to pin them to those pretty silk dresses/tops of a fancy suit.

ttfn
david

Fay Ray
04-09-2003, 05:29 PM
I have a bunch too! If you want me to mail them to you, send me your snail mail address at lalbrec1@rochester.rr.com

disneyeveryyear
04-10-2003, 12:09 AM
I have sent you both e-mails with my snail mail address.

I am more than happy to put them away for now and then when we get closer in say October, I will start putting names on them and getting them laminated. Each person can figure out if they want a pin or hole-punched.

I got my DCL Passporter delivered on Monday (I ordered it last Wednesda from buy.com). It was delivered in 5 days and I did not pay for express delivery. Of course, I did not go to bed Monday night until I had read it (almost) cover to cover. I did pass on the Eastern destinations (for now). What a wealth of information! My DH said he is even going to read it!!!;)

I am still confused about which night in AP will have color show, but I guess that is all based on it not being a "special" night. I'll just have to ask when I make reservations. I think I am planning on passing on Parrot Cay one night, so I guess it shouldn't make much difference. Of course, my DH is determined to eat at the buffet most nights so he doesn't have to get dressed up. This is his vacation (his emphasis, not mine). Maybe DM and I will have to go without him or DD or DS.

imgoingtodisney
04-10-2003, 01:09 PM
hey guys - just so you know, I called it first - nananananana (just kidding, not)
Did you see the latest Cozumel mini-golf thread? We can pick what we want to listen to? Im asking for some Jimmy Buffet *** Im gonna have my cheeseburger in paradise while Im having my boat drinks

imgoingtodisney
04-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Hello everyone - well hope you guys like Jimmy. *** Sally answered on a different thread that yes she will have Jimmy ready for us on 11/12

wdw1972
04-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Jimmy Buffett's fine with me - I can handle just about anything other than rap or country/western...neither of which go with vacationing in Mexico! Of course, with enough sangria even crappy music wouldn't seem too bad, lol!

balbrec
04-13-2003, 10:39 PM
BUMP

balbrec

PS Cant wait for the April newsletter:cool:

disneyeveryyear
04-14-2003, 07:38 PM
For those with green Mickey heads, I spent about 1/2 hour on Saturday night cutting out the 30 or so that I had picked up.

I think they are going to work wonderfully!

Go ahead and send me yours. I will probably have time to get them done along the way since I have such an underful social life. (Having a husband in the country club industry doesn't make for a lot of weekend dates!)

My DH decided this week that we could either go down on Thursday and spend Friday in the parks, or not come home until Sunday so we can spent Saturday in the parks!!! Yea:D :D :D

Of course when I suggested this two weeks ago, there was no way, now that it is his idea, it is feasible.:rolleyes:

Gotta go bike riding with the four year old. It was 84 today (a far cry from last Monday's 35 degrees).:p

imgoingtodisney
04-15-2003, 06:53 AM
so where are you staying Fri night? Radisson mini-meet?

We're landing at the Orlando airport about 10am Fri and leaving the following Sat at 7pm

imgoingtodisney
04-16-2003, 06:34 AM
good morning - few questions for everyone

Is anyone's room near Deck 6 aft? for our cruise that wasnt there was a DIS family who would have had 1 of the secret portholes diagonally across from ours

Who's celebrating what/when? Dave maybe you can please keep a running list in your newsletter? just a suggestion

and Dave - when will the next newsletter appear?

disneyeveryyear
04-16-2003, 11:40 AM
I saw that a few more of you are bring DM or DMIL. Does she plan to participate in all of the activities with your, or does she have some things planned on her own?

My DM is going with us (will be 64 at the time). We are thinking about Captain Marvin's to go to see the Stingrays. I am not real sure she would be interested in doing this, but I am also not sure she wants to sit around alone on the ship. I am sure she wouldn't go on shore alone. (Not the adventurous type.) Especially since this will be her first trip since dad died.

Just wondering if any of you are facing same kind of dilemmas.

Barb - you were up early this morning. I do well to get up in time to shower, get dressed and get son to bus. There is no way I can get online until I get to work (LOL). No, we are not on deck 6, we are down in the hold on Deck 2. (But I am just thrilled that DH freed up enough money to get a porthole woohoo!!)

Gotta go!

David, Anxiously awaiting next installment of newsletter!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

disneyeveryyear
04-17-2003, 12:44 PM
I got some green Mickey heads in the mail yesterday. I will get out my trusty scissors and start trimming away!

alisbarc
04-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Hello All,
The next edition of the newsletter will be in your Easter basket tomorrow am. Gonna send it out late, right after we hide the eggs and put out basket for the kids.

My MIL is doing about half the stuff with us. She is not much of the adventuresome sort. Wants to spend most of the time lounging around the ship. The girls (MIL, DW, DD) are going to do Key West while I hang out with my 3 sons. MIL has agreed to watch the 2 little ones (or at least stay on board while they are in the kids club) while DW, DD13, DS10 do Cpt Marvin. And, we have talked her into playing Mini Golf with us in Cozumel.

I will cut our and send my green Mickey heads sometime this week. Looks like we will have a bunch.

ttfn
david

imgoingtodisney
04-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Happy Easter everyone

disneyeveryyear
04-19-2003, 11:44 PM
David,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so awaiting my Easter present. I am not expecting anything but cards this year, so I will be thrilled to get a present from you.

Waiting with anticipation. By the way, it is 11:45 your time. How late are you staying up?

imgoingtodisney
04-20-2003, 07:08 AM
Good job on the newsletter David. Wow! 77 people so far, great job keeping the list.
Jon hasnt woken up yet although Dave & I have both been up for almost 2hrs now. He'll be getting disney dollars, disposable camera and Mickey pez along with the normal Easter treats. DH has 10 disney dollars inside his card. Started with the Disney dollars for both DS & DH 2yrs ago when we were planning our Oct 01 vaca and have continued for every birthday, valentine's day, easter, report card, fathers's day, etc.

gotta run - I hear Jonathan asking if he can come downstairs - lol

alisbarc
04-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Good Morning and Happy Easter all,

The kids have found thier baskets and are now complaining about tummy aches (could be that they have already eaten about a pound of candy).

Alison found her chocolate bunny. I did also get her a very nice Pooh & Piglet spring denim jacket. House flowery things all embroidered on it with Pooh & Piglet sitting in the flowers. She says the Easter Bunny is a really nice guy. Ha! I wonder what Bob got Bev!

Ok, Next newsletter will be coming out on June 1st.

ttfn
david

disneyeveryyear
04-20-2003, 04:50 PM
David,

Ha! Ha! For Easter I get to go on a Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel on November 12th.:cool:

I read your newsletter out loud to the family today. Bob got a big kick out of it. He asked when I told you that he was the world's greatest husband. I told him that you came up with it yourself.

But, for your information, yes he does clean house and do the laundry (all but folding) and dishes, so I guess he does qualify for husband of the year (but don't tell him I said so). But I am the one who drives the kids to the bus and daycare.

I am here at mom's house and she says hello and appreciates being added to the newsletter mailing list. She just wanted to know how you got her e-mail address. I fessed up.

Well I gotta go we are going out to dinner for Easter. Bob had 250+ people for brunch, so he just wanted to go out for dinner. I said, oh okay!:p

Fay Ray
04-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Beverly,

We booked the Dolphins for 3:30 via Dolphin Discovery.
What time are you going?

disneyeveryyear
04-22-2003, 02:44 PM
We are going to book the 10:30 a.m. through DCL. I would have booked it myself, but Dolphin Discovery does not book the Dolphin Encounter, only the Dolphin Swim (which I would have preferred, but with 4 year old and DM, it wasn't feasible). So we decided to just book through DCL.

If you don't have to go until 3:30 you should be able to make the minigolf. I am hoping that we are done in time to run back and catch the golf tournament. It sounds like a lot of fun. I think we may just pack a room service picnic and try to fit them both in that day.

disneyeveryyear
04-22-2003, 02:45 PM
I just looked at my trip counter and it is finally below 200!!! I noticed the other threads that were doing the single digit dance and the double digit dance. What do we call this? The less than 200 dance?

Just an observation!:p

nghtangl01
04-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Just wanted to bump us up!!

And wish everyone a Belated Happy Easter!! It has been very hectic here lately. We are going on a mini cruise (Dinner and dancing only) this Saturday night to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.

The days are counting down which is cool, but stressful when I haven't even started dress shopping!!

gijuju
04-24-2003, 03:25 AM
The newsletter is great! I love knowing the ages of all of the kids. My kids are excited to know there will be kids their ages. Thanks.

My Mom, sister and I just got back from Lost Wages, I mean Las Vegas. Don't worry I still have my Disney money!

Well, it is a past 3a.m. and I have to go to work in five hours. I just had to check the boards. I can't believe we're under 200 days. Yeah!

Thanks for all of your work Dave.

disneyeveryyear
04-24-2003, 01:19 PM
Hi guys!

Just wanted to drop a note on this thread in case you haven't checked the other lately.

Mousesavers.com has listed a code "BBO" which gives you $100 onboard credit per stateroom.

My TA called and it worked for me.

Barb, I don't think it's available if you paid with points, sorry!

It is cloudy and cool today. I just keep thinking about the cruise. Now that I have dave's wallpaper on all my computers it helps.

I hope everyone had a great Easter.

disneyeveryyear
04-25-2003, 05:11 PM
I'm doing a little bump so everyone can find the threat over the weekend!

imgoingtodisney
04-25-2003, 05:49 PM
hey Bev - do you mean threat or thread? I was wondering who was threatening who for what? lol

disneyeveryyear
04-26-2003, 03:11 AM
Now I know I worked too many hours this week.

Too funny!

balbrec
04-27-2003, 04:55 PM
BUMP

:cool:

imgoingtodisney
04-28-2003, 03:28 PM
So who has already found Sally's mini-golf site?
cozumelminigolf.com
I was looking forward to playing even before I found this site but more now

nghtangl01
04-28-2003, 06:12 PM
That almost makes it where I want to move there.

dianthus
04-29-2003, 03:58 AM
Hi!

Our family of 3 will be onboard for the 11/8 cruise too!
DH, DD (12) and me. We booked a Cat 5 on Deck 7. Gotta love those verandahs! Hopefully I convinced my sister & BIL to come too! We have late dining.

This will be our 3rd Disney 7 night Magic cruise, but our first Western itinerary. It's a very special cruise for us, as we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on 11/11 ( Veteran's Day! I think we qualify!)

We are very excited about this cruise!

David, I emailed you our info. Please include us on your next newsletter broadcast.

~ Linda :cool:

gijuju
04-29-2003, 07:47 AM
Linda, so happy you're going on this cruise. WOW, twentyfive years? Congratulations, Judy

Tesabat
04-29-2003, 08:30 AM
Hi!

We've been booked on this cruise since this past Sept., but thought we might have to cancel due to some health problems I'm having. BUT, now it looks like we are back "onboard", so I'm dreaming of our first cruise once again. :D

There are three of us: DH, DS (12) and me. We are booked in a Cat 6 on Deck 6. If all goes as planned, this will be the first big vacation we've taken in about 4 years without extended family members from my side tagging along! Wow! What will we do with all that time to ourselves? I see Palo dinner, wine tastings, spa treatments and frozen libations in my future. ;)

I'll email all the pertinent info to be part of the newsletter.

imgoingtodisney
04-29-2003, 08:39 AM
Wow! this is turning into a good day! Hope all goes well and you're able to join us
Another 12yr DS! Jon turns 12 in 2wks
We're also cat 6 on deck 6 - #6124

disneyeveryyear
04-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Welcome aboard Linda and Tesabat!

Good morning and welcome to the "Wish I was 10 Again" group. We have been (somewhat) patiently waiting to hear from some more people on our cruise. I can't believe we are going to cruise on this huge ship and there will be only 83 of us on-board. I guess that will almost guarantee huge upgrades for all of us (lol).

I count 83 if correct. David has a better handle on that.

David, it is beginning to sound that we need to rename our group "Wish I was 12 Again." We certainly seem to be acquiring a crew of 12 year olds. Since mine will only be 9, we don't qualify, but maybe we'll have to go again in 3 years.

imgoingtodisney
04-29-2003, 09:13 AM
great idea Bev - yayaya come on Dave
I wish I was 12 again -- how old will Mary be when we cruise?

alisbarc
04-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Welcome new criusers. Send me your email address (dwbarc@al.com) and I will forward you the first 3 newsletters so you can get a little flavor abour our great group. I'll also include some info on the minigolf tourney in Cozumel (gonna be tons of fun).

Hey Barb & Beverly - How about "Wish I Were a Kid Again" Cruise group. That'll cover all of the kidlets and I know I am still just a big kid at heart and from the posts on this tread I think most of our group are too.

imgoingtodisney
04-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Dave that sounds like the best idea. Im having trouble remembering how old DS is, never mind how old I am! lol - he'll only be 11 in May, not 12

disneyeveryyear
04-29-2003, 12:03 PM
Works for me!

I also think it is a little bit more clear. Everyone might have been wondering what 10 we were wishing for, age, rank (as in Bo Derek - of course they would know that didn't work for me - never was a 10), etc.

I am still cutting out little green Mickey heads. Picked some more up last week while in St. Louis again. Unfortunately Springfield does not have a Home Depot so I have to travel to St. Louis to pick them up. Of course, that means DH takes me out for dinner in my favorite city. Last weeks kids were with us so we went to the Spaghetti Factory, always a family favorite!

I have been really sorry to read all the recent slamming of Sally's Minigolf on threads. I understand that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but ouch! Sally has spent so much time and effort helping the people on these boards, she even looked up all the taxi fares and helps everyone find the right beach, that I think this is all unfortunate. I am glad to know that we will be supporting her!

Everyone have a great day! Once again I am at work on a non-work scheduled day. Oh well, DH is in Knoxville, TN. If I stayed at home I would have to do laundry :( Anything is better than that!

imgoingtodisney
04-29-2003, 12:12 PM
hi everyone - Im at work (working hard since the boss isnt here- not) anyways
just started a DISmeet thread for us over on the dismeet board and just joined the wish board
gotta get back on my diet - anyone want to join me over there?

and Bev thats why I went home and mowed the front yard last night - better than cleaning inside the house!

Personally, Ive been to Cozumel. Seen the ruins, stopped at a beach, know some of the island. Id like to take DH to Carlos n Charlies since Ive been and he hasnt. Depends on how much drinking we do at Sally's. Think mini-golf is a good idea for a family/group activity no matter what others opinions.

Fay Ray
04-29-2003, 01:14 PM
David,
I like the name change to "I wish I were a kid again cruise". It covers the whole group!!!

Welcome to the new recruits!

imgoingtodisney
04-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Just told DH Im on a new diet and will be rewarding myself at the end of the summer with a tankini. (ya right-lol) He said he doesnt care what I wear. Told him then that I want to join the "verandah club". After I told him what that meant he said we're gonna do that anyways!
How many more months?

disneyeveryyear
04-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Barb,

Just be careful on the verandah, don't want an unexpected "souvenir".

imgoingtodisney
04-30-2003, 11:21 AM
DS WILL be sent to the kids club a few times whether he wants to be there or not

and I found out last year that there is a deadbolt up towards the top of the door so noone can accidentally get in

and there is a curtain btwn the beds

disneyeveryyear
04-30-2003, 11:43 AM
David,

I see you updated the name of the thread to tell us about the June 1st publication date.

Now, you know we will hold you to it.

I hope your new job is going well. As you can from the fact that I am on-line at 10:40 a.m. that my job is going splendidly (lol).

Every day seems to bring new choices, but no decisions. I honestly think this is one of the most difficult trips I have ever booked. I just keep waiting for the airfares to get under control. (I refuse to pay a TA $50.00 per ticket for something I can do by myself.)

Well, gotta go finish payroll. If I don't make any money, I can't cruise:p .

imgoingtodisney
04-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Im sorry, im sorry, im sorry

disneyeveryyear
04-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Have a great day everyone!

imgoingtodisney
04-30-2003, 04:43 PM
good thing i opened this at home instead of at work
and youre right, if David's mind is anything like mine I better watch out
oh i gotta remember we havent met in person yet - dont want to be embarassed before my first tropical drink

hey, did you guys see the site for key west sunset celebration? those sunsets are gorgeous

disneyeveryyear
05-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Well, I finally bit the bullet and made a decision.

We are doing the 1/2 day Captain Marvin's on Grand Cayman.

DH wasn't interested, so I said, fine. The kids wanted to go and my DM wanted to go (who doesn't even swim), so I booked the four of us.

DH can try to find something historical to do. From everything I have seen, really not much to do on GC.

When we come back all excited and with great pictures, boy he'll regret it then!

Now I only have about 500 more decisions to make, but I guess the most important are done...yes, we are going on a cruise...and we have picked a date with the best group of people. I can hardly wait to meet you all!

wdw1972
05-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by disneyeveryyear
[B]DH can try to find something historical to do. From everything I have seen, really not much to do on GC.

Well, unless he's into snorkeling or standing with the stingrays, I'd agree with you. I'm not into either, and generally am bored with Grand Cayman. I've only been twice, but it was just a year or 2 apart, and poking through the same old shops wasn't the highlight of my trip, lol! One of these times I may make GC a beach day, and take a cab over to 7 Mile Beach. However, it's tough to give up the chance to enjoy an uncrowded cruise ship on GC days, too!

Shooter
05-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Count me, my DW & DS (9) in. Cat. 11, std. inside stateroom 6641.

We did the Eastern Magic in October '02, had the Royal Caribbean Voyager scheduled for it's Western trip (this same week 11/8) but the more we thought about it the more we realized that there is only one cruise line for this family, DISNEY!

Look forward to meeting you all. If anyone has any non Disney offered excursions scheduoled for a group such as snorkeling and you're looking for 3 let me know.

alisbarc
05-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Welcome Shooter,

You've joined a great group.

So far there are 2 non Disney group excursions in the working.

In Cozumel we are having a mini golf tourney. In Grand Cayman there are 11 of us booked on the stingray snorkel cruise so far.

Send me your email (mine is dwbarc@aol.com) and I will send you the first 3 newsletters and all the info about the above excursions. Also, if you do not mind please send me the info requested in the first post on this thread and any other interesting family info that can be put into a future newsletter.

I have a son (Timothy) who will be 10 at cruise time. There are several other boys in the 9 - 11 age group. 3 of them (Timothy, Jonathon, Adam) will be on the snorkel trip in Grand Cayman.

ttfn
david

gijuju
05-01-2003, 11:31 PM
Hey Shooter,
We're from Mt. Vernon, just down the road! Welcome aboard. Maybe we can chat or meet before the trip. Judy & Rob

disneyeveryyear
05-01-2003, 11:40 PM
Welcome Shooter!

We are so glad that you jumped ship with RCCL and joined us on DCL. This is the second cruise for DH and I (I swore I would never cruise again after my experience on the Norway - but 13 years have a way of blurring the bad memories {like childbirth}), the first for DS (9) and DD (4) and DM (who prefers to remain ageless). The only reason I even considered another cruise was because it was Disney.

DH has now added one day on the front and one day on the back in the parks.

DS will be thrilled to learn there will be another boy in his age group for the kids club. He was excited to hear that Tim and Jon would be on the stingray city snorkel tour. Maybe you could join with us and they could have a ball. David has promised a special surprise. You'll have to sign up before he'll tell you what it is.

We are glad you could join us.

David, does that make the count 86? We are creeping closer to 100 every week.

Have a great Friday!

imgoingtodisney
05-02-2003, 06:49 AM
cool - Welcome to our DIS group
There certainly will be alot of 9-11yr boys on this cruise

2nd cruise for me. I cruised NCL Sea Dec 01 to Key West & Cozumel. DS11 (in less than 2wks) and DH have never cruised. Cant wait to get them onboard ship

Fay Ray
05-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Hello David and all.....

Just an FYI... we booked Captain Marvins Stingrays at Grand Cayman for the 10am-1pm. I'm not sure if that puts us on the same boat with the rest of the group or not? We also have
booked the Dolphin swim with Dolphin Discovery at Cozumel for the 3:30PM time slot.

Welcome Shooter! Our DS (Troy) will be just turning 11 at cruise time. So we sure do have a plethora of DS's that age!!

disneyeveryyear
05-02-2003, 10:53 AM
I think they may have more than one boat. If you want to join the rest of us, you need to e-mail Ruth at Captain Marvin's and tell her you want to be with us. We may end up filling an entire tour, wouldn't that be great!

I'll e-mail you with the names.

imgoingtodisney
05-03-2003, 08:59 AM
feel like Ive had a heck of a ride getting to this cruise both on the boards and off - man I wouldnt wish this on anyone

But I know once I meet all the 11/8 cruisers I will see the light - cant wait to meet everyone

imgoingtodisney
05-03-2003, 08:44 PM
whos's celebrating anniversaries onboard the 11/8 cruise? when are the actual anniversaries? is it too late to celebrate our 10/17 22nd anniversary?

heck we celebrated our anniversary after 11/30 last year. "Nana" had us dancing at the Hoop De Doo

disneyeveryyear
05-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Barb,

Bob and I will be celebrating our 16th anniversary on 10/17 !

What are the odds in that?

At least I know we don't share the same B-day.

imgoingtodisney
05-04-2003, 08:08 AM
I honestly think this 11/8 cruise was meant to be

disneyeveryyear
05-04-2003, 02:15 PM
I certainly hope so! After our "conversation" last night, I was worried. Your 1st cruise was cancelled, the the old man fell off the mountain when you were to go, I was afraid what might happen on this cruise (just kidding - kinda).

disneyeveryyear
05-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Haven't heard from most of you lately.

How is everyone doing? We are now officially at the six-month mark and I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

imgoingtodisney
05-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Hi Bev - I was thinking this morn that our thread was getting lost, noone responding lately. Because of my brother's illness Im finding it hard to obsess over this cruise right now. (who me, not obsess?) Id appreciate it if everyone could keep me posted on new involvements with our cruise. Thanks

Has anyone gotten the last word on what happened with the dining rotations? formal night/semi-formal/Small World, etc?

dianthus
05-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Hi!

I was told semi formal will be Monday on the Western & formal
(Captain's Gala) is Thursday night. I just read they changed the Eastern's schedule to have semi formal first, so I believe the info I got is correct.

We are now a party of five! My sister & BIL are joining us to celebrate our 25th anniversary! They will be on Deck 7 with us & were able to get the cabin next door to ours!

Question about Capt. Marvins - what kind of boats do they have for the trip to Sting Ray City? Are they Cats, or Power Boats? I'm not fond of Catamarans, as I've sat thru too many trips in choppy seas, where you get pounded on each wave... It's just gets uncomfortable if the trip is long. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it!

disneyeveryyear
05-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Great! two more to join the fun!

Captain Marvin's has power boats. If you look at their web site, they have some pictures. They have cabin cruisers, fairly large boats. I also had reservations because some services use catamarans. With a 4 year old, I could just see that (lol). We are currently at 14 of our DISers on a Captain Marvins. Feel free to join us if you would like. At 30 they start offering group discounts (don't forget my nickname -- Betty Bargain Finder).

disneyeveryyear
05-08-2003, 12:05 PM
For those who read Barb's post (two above) about her brother, her older brother, Ken, suffered a heart attack this weekend. This is in addition to the fact that he is under treatment for cancer at this time.

At this time, they have done tests to determine that he has two with complete blockage and one at 3/4. Unfortunately they are uncertain as to whether he will be allowed a by-pass due to the cancer treatment.

Please, let's all keep Ken and Barb (and Dave and Jonathan) in our prayers. It is a difficult time for her family and maybe we can help in our own way.

Barb, I know it seems corns sometimes, but I am sincere when sending my {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} to you.

nghtangl01
05-08-2003, 05:03 PM
We only have 6 more months to the date and we all get to set sail!!!!!

One of my co-workers set sail today on the Wonder :( It's not fair.:D :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Fay Ray
05-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Barb,
You and your family will be in my prayers tonight!

Linda A.

imgoingtodisney
05-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Thank you. I did hear today that his MRI of his back came back clean for cancer. The bypass is scheduled for Mon morning.

imgoingtodisney
05-10-2003, 06:53 AM
good morning everyone - do you see our Magic at the dock?
Only 26 more weeks and it will be our turn

nghtangl01
05-12-2003, 07:11 PM
What color green is everyone picking up from Home Depot?
Is it the Alien Green or Sonic Boom or something else?

A co-worker just came back from the Wonder this past weekend. Said they are now offering mugs to purchase then you can get free beer for the rest of the cruise. I never heard of the free beer mugs, heard of the free soda mugs.

wdw1972
05-12-2003, 08:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the "free beer" mugs are the big tall glass ones from ESPN. On my first Wonder cruise they used them for all alcoholic drinks - they were great for mudslides - big enough to share! Before long they limited it to only beer. It also didn't include beer on Castaway Cay - just the bars onboard the ships.

alisbarc
05-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Hello all,
What a couple of weeks. New job, beginning of baseball season (I'm coaching 14 3rd & 4th graders), a bunch of family in from out of town for Mother's day and my nieces baptism, broke ground for a new house, and wrapping up my trianing for this weekends triatholon. Feel like I went to sleep on Easter Sunday and when I woke up it was May 12th.

Barb, the Barczak family has your brother in our prayers. God bless.

Wow, less than 6 months till cruise time. Just booked Friday night at the Radisson at the Port. Will start looking at flights soon.

Only 17 more days till the next newsletter.

ttfn
david

disneyeveryyear
05-14-2003, 02:14 AM
David,

Great to hear from you again. Barb and I were commenting the other day that you had disappeared, now I know why.

What a year, new job, new house, cruise, triathalon, etc. etc. etc., you obviously win for stress points.

I am hoping you have a great week, and we'll catch up later.

P.S. Don't ask what I am doing online at 1:15 a.m.

imgoingtodisney
05-14-2003, 06:28 AM
David - wow you have been busy. Glad all is going well. Great ways to keep that body healthy. Good job.
The summers are usually a busy time for us - running DS to camp, long weekends away, etc

My brother's bypass went fine, more involved than anticipated. Breathing tube came out yesterday. They are weaning him off the heart pump. The docs are hoping to have him up walking today.

We're also at the Radisson Fri night -yippee. Getting in later than planned tho *** of Delta flight sched changes.

Take care everyone

balbrec
05-15-2003, 08:57 PM
can't let our little list fall too far down, now can we?:cool:

balbrec

imgoingtodisney
05-17-2003, 07:33 AM
Good Morning
25 more wks !!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

(sorry, I hadnt done that for a while- lol)

cjp/dvc
05-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Greetings Everyone...
I have been reading your posts for a while knowing we were going to book our second Western Magic cruise this Fall, however, was waiting for the exact date that worked into all four of our calendars. Needless to say, when the 8th was it, I couldn't wait to join in! You all sound so friendly, fun and very DISNEY! We have loved meeting other Dis'ers on our past cruises!
Although we will surely fit in the "Wish I was a kid again" theme we will not add to the kiddie numbers...DH and I will be joined by DS 26 and girlfriend (perhaps the sight of a Disney wedding on Castaway will hasten her designation to DIL sooner as opposed to later!) They live and work in Washington DC area so this is a welcome family week together!
We are booked into Cat. 6 on Deck 6 with verandas Cabins 6644 and 6646 and will be at later dining. Ship is quite full as we were unable to book on deck 7, Cat. 5 (our favorite) and other choices are becoming limited. Not important, however, as we simply happy to be repeating this cruise. Did it last summer '02 as a 30th Anniversary Celebration and LOVED the itinerary even more than the Eastern one the year before. If we can help answer any questions, don't hesitate!
I will send the pertinent info to be part of the newsletter...and look forward to reading the past ones...but for now will hop in the car and go to Home Depot to get our official green tags!

imgoingtodisney
05-17-2003, 05:05 PM
woohoo - glad youre joining the rest of us 11/8 DIS cruisers!

disneyeveryyear
05-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Chris and Joe - welcome aboard! We are thrilled to death that you have decided to join in with us. Don't worry that you won't be bringing any small ones with you, being young at heart is all that matters (as I shoo my 4 year old back to bed for the 4th time (lol)).

If my count is correct that bring us to approximately 90 so far. If we keep it up we will definitely break 100. I will be cutting out lime green Mickey heads for a long time!

David - how did the triathalon go? I hope you did well (which means using your own standards). I also participated in a triathalon today, breakfast at home, picnic lunch at Grant's Farm in St. Louis and dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. No wait, maybe that's not a triathalon, maybe that's a hat trick. I never can keep my lingo straight.

Well we are now officially less than 1/2 year to go, less than 6 months on the calendar and less than 26 weeks. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Now I just need to find decent airfare!

Have a great week everyone and let us know how you are all doing.

wdw1972
05-19-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by disneyeveryyear
Have a great week everyone and let us know how you are all doing. [/B]

Hard to believe we're down to 6 months - the time is flying by. I'm very fortunate to have a 7-day cruise on HAL in early June, plus the 3-day Wonder in September, but I'm also looking forward to November. The mini-golf will be something I've never done on a cruise before, and sounds like fun.

Right now I'm trying to get my eyes back in shape. I had breast cancer last year, and the medicine I'm on to hopefully prevent a recurrence is causing eye trouble. I see fine, but the old eyes keep getting infections and are red enough that people wonder just what the heck I'm doing after hours <g>. I've got an appt with a surgeon to discuss punctal occlusion - that's where they permanently cauterize one of the openings by each eye where the tears come out. This keeps the eye from getting so dry & irritated. Anyway, if anyone's heard of this or has experience with it, I'd love to hear - you can email me privately since it's not exactly on topic to our cruise! wdw1972@aol.com

Looking forward to the next newsletter!

alisbarc
05-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Hello All

Woke up this am from a restful 10 hour sleep after competing in my first triathlon (actually my first race of any kind) in 10 years. Since last August I lost 35 lbs and feel a lot better about my health and well being. Swimming was my best event. Was out of the water in around 26 minutes. Not bad for someone who last July couldn't even swim 200 yards without stopping for a couple of beers.

I finished in just under my goal of 3 hours. Had a great swim, a decent bike (1hour 18 minutes), and then I really had a rough run ( 1 hour 9 minutes). I knew the run would be the toughest and it was. I have to admit that there were several times when I walked. Decided after attacking the first hill that if I was going to hit my goal that I needed to conserve energy. That first hill darn near killed me. So I walked briskly up the uphills and ran on the flats and downhills.

I got passed alot and didn't do much passing. I wound up in about 800th place out of 1400 particiapants. Didn't win any prize money but the cold beer waiting at the finish line was the best I've had in a long time.

Next post will be about the cruise.

ttfn
david

alisbarc
05-20-2003, 12:18 AM
Just a quick update.

Our group is hovering just over 90 now. Getting close to the 100 mark.

Mini Golf is open to all ages. We will be playing in Cozumel at around 1:30 pm. Gotta check my notes but I think its around $15 per person and that includes all the sangria or beer you can drink plus prizes for the top team. If you care not to partake in any adult berages its only $12. Will be sending out an email around September to get some hard numbers on how many want to play. Right now we are around 35ish.

Looks like the Grand Cayman stingray snorkeling excursion is also drawing a crowd. I think there are 14 confimed so far with 3 - 5 more looking at joining us. I have no idea how big the boat is or how many it will hold. If you want to join us we are on the 10:00 am half day excursion. You need to go to the Captain Marvin website (captainmarvins .com). Tell them you want to join the Barczak, Tregoning et al group. The cost is $39 for adults an $22 for kids under 12.

And finally, several of us who are arriving on Friday by air or land our staying Friday night at the Radisson at the Port. I'm sure we will have an informal get together complete with parting cocktails sometime Friday night.

I'll be working on newsletter #4 (The first edition with the new name) this week. If you have any interesting tidbits of info to share please email me.

ttfn
david

imgoingtodisney
05-20-2003, 06:37 AM
Great job David with the triathalon - Congratulations! You must feel great knowing you finished.
Im currently over on the WISH board trying to get control of a new diet - cut out the sodium and fat, better for the heart.

dianthus
05-20-2003, 08:29 AM
David!

Congratulations on your achievement! What a wonderful personal triumph!

What makes it most impressive is that you have so much going on in your life right now- new job, etc...

I love it when someone sets a personal goal & meets, or exceeds it, despite any life obstacles ( good or bad) in their path!

KUDOS!

~ Linda

teamprinty
05-20-2003, 05:41 PM
:wave:

Just wanted to say hello and introduce our crew. We are the Printy's from Stow Ohio; Dart, Lori, Kiefer (12), Aidan (8) and Nolan (3). This is our first cruise and we couldn't be more thrilled. We will be celebrating Nolans 4th on Nov 13.

This group looks like a fun bunch but I still can't figure out the green paint chips???If I have stumbled on to some weird cult thing please let me know!:D

imgoingtodisney
05-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi Welcome to our group. Its gonna be a great cruise! (I dont think they'll be room for anyone but DISsers!)

Tell Nolan we'll have to share our birthday cake - my 46th (yikes) is on his 4th

disneyeveryyear
05-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Five more new ones here and I just found one more on the threads.....95 and counting.

Sue - God bless and my prayers are with you in your cancer recovery. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer at my one year check up after the birth of my son. I wasvery lucky. Surgery only, no chemo or radiation. Have now been cancer free for almost 8 years.

David - Congratulations!!!!! Finishing, no matter what the place, is truly a wonderous accomplishment. Do you plan to keep training and participating? We hold an ironman qualifier here in Springfield every year. They run right past our street.

Teamprinty - Welcome Aboard! We have a 9 year-old Adam who will be in the same Lab as your Aidan and our Amelia Grace will be in with Nolan. Send all of the info to David so we an learn more about you.

David count us as positives for minigolf. Plans have changed and I have given up the Dolphins in exchange for 2 days at WDW.

This is also a bump so Rick (solotraveler) sp? can find us.

disneyeveryyear
05-21-2003, 12:56 AM
TeamPrinty,

Sorry about confusion regardingthe Green Mickey Heads. I forgot to say something in the above post.

From what I understand, it has been a DISBoard tradition for DISers to wear a lime green ribbon so they could recognize each other. Someone went to Home Depot about 2 months ago and found paint chips in the shape of Mickey Heads in lime green.

We decided to adopt this and I have been collecting Home Depot paint chips. I have been cutting them out, but I plan to wait until we get a little closer, write each person's name on one and then laminate. I'll mail a couple weeks prior to cruise. Most are planning to put on lanyard or in neck holder.

David is also working on lime green t-shirts for us. I am planning on using mine as a pool cover-up.

Let's see, who exactly looks good in lime green? Noone over the age of 10. Oh well, it will still be fun.

teamprinty
05-21-2003, 06:07 PM
disneyeveryyear,

What a great idea! Thanks for the clarification--very very cute.

imgoingtodisney
05-22-2003, 12:06 PM
Who else is attempting to loose weight before the cruise?
Doc just told me to cut the fat out of my diet and loose at least 20lbs. I have cruise clothes that I wore in 01 on NCL and that I bought for our "cruise" last Nov.
Now Im hoping I wont be wearing these and will need to buy a new bathing suit (2 piece?) and slinky black dress. Anyone else with me on this? Come on Bev

disney6
05-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Thought I'd jump in here. We will be booking our cabins for this cruise tomorrow. It will be DH (Greg), myself (Diana) and my Dad (Garry) and his wife (Penny). We all cruised (Eastern) together last October with our four children and my sons friend. We also cruised in Oct. 2000 (Eastern) with my DH's parents and our kids. This one is just the adults! I can hardly believe it. We have not been away from the kids overnight since our oldest was born (he'll be 11 in June). I'm already nervous and we haven't even booked yet!

imgoingtodisney
05-22-2003, 01:14 PM
Hello - welcome to our group - we seem to be growing in leaps and bounds

Awww come on bring your kids - there's gonna be lots of DISers bringing them. But I do understand your need/want to be alone (wink wink) DS just turned 11 and DH & I hardly ever get to be alone.

disney6
05-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Let me think -- :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Nope.

imgoingtodisney
05-22-2003, 01:22 PM
lol - I had to leave here for a few secs to help someone at the circ desk and you responded before I could finish/edit

disney6
05-22-2003, 01:27 PM
this is it for today -- I do tend to get addicted to the board before every cruise and spend many hours here --.

Our DS is 10 (almost 11), our DD's are 6,5,4. They have cruised the Magic 2 times already so they certainly aren't hurting. My biggest problem will be telling them we are going and they are not! At least once a week one of them asks when we are going back on the big boat.

I'm NOT feeling guilty, I'm NOT!!!!!!

disneyeveryyear
05-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Diana -

Welcome aboard.

I believe you and yours make our group a whopping 99!!!!

David knew we would make it to 100 and we still have about 24 weeks to go!

We will have a hard time finding anyplace big enough to hold all of us for a DISmeet.

Sorry, your kids aren't coming, we have a 9 year old boy and 4 year old girl, but completely understand.

We try to get away once a year with just the two of us. this February was South Beach (Miami) for husband's convention. We are giving up convention next year (Anaheim) for cruise.

Have a great day and we hope to see you around a lot.

Yes Barb, you know about my new diet, but I don't think there is enough time to fit in a slinky black dress. I would be happy to fit in some of the clothes in my closet from last time.

alisbarc
05-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Welcome Disney6

Send me your email address (dwbarc@aol.com) and I will be happy to forward you the first 3 newsletters.

Good luck on delivering the news to your kids. Not sure how I
would do it. Maybe while they were sleeping.

ttfn
david

gijuju
05-23-2003, 07:17 AM
Can you smell the air on Castaway Cey? Have a great weekend everyone and thank a vet.

juju

acrucifer
05-23-2003, 08:49 AM
finally, I found the 11-8-03 western group. DW and I very excited about our second cruise aboard the magic. we did the eastern itinerary on 11-1-02. we love disney and have gone there often since being married in 1996 and are now dvc members. we have never experienced a vactation quite equal to our disney cruise last year. so beautiful, so exhuberant and soooo much fun. does anyone know precisely where to make the dolphin encounter ressies on the western itinerary. would appreciate any help with that I can get. dw loves all animals and wants to interact with the dolphins. It would be a good idea to arrange a time and date during the cruise to meet in the rockin d bar or some other suitable locaton on magic to say hello to one another and get to meet each other. does that sound good to anyone? besides me.

imgoingtodisney
05-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Welcome to our group - glad you found us

Hey David - does this bring us over 100?

24wks from tomorrow - (24lbs to go)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

alisbarc
05-23-2003, 09:11 AM
Drum roll please!!! We are now over the 100 mark! WOW! and we still just over 5 months till cruise time.

Welcome acrucifer. Send me your email address (dwbarc@aol.com) and I will email you the 1st three issues of our award winning newsletter.

Speaking of newsletters. #4 is due out soon. Please keep those cards and letters coming so I have lots of good info to write about.

This coming Monday is Memorial day. Memorial Day is a legal holiday, observed annually on the last Monday in May in most of the United States, in honor of the nation's armed services personnel killed in wartime. The holiday, originally called Decoration Day, is traditionally marked by parades, memorial speeches and ceremonies, and the decoration of graves with flowers and flags, hence the original name. Memorial Day was first observed on May 30, 1868, on the order of General John Alexander Logan for the purpose of decorating the graves of the American Civil War dead. It was observed on May 30 until 1971, when most states changed to a newly established federal schedule of holiday observance. Confederate Memorial Day, formerly a legal holiday in many southern states, is still observed on the fourth Monday in April in Alabama, the last Monday in April in Mississippi, and April 26 in Florida and Georgia.

REMEMBER TO THANK A VET.

The entire Barczak clan (all 6 of us) will be piling into the minivan and heading to Atlanta for my MIL's 70th birthday. There we will be joined by Alison's 4 other siblings and their 5 children. Coming Monday am after 2 full days of in-law bliss we will head back to Memphis. For me the return trip is always much better.

Have a great Holiday and keep bumping us up the board.

ttfn
david

disneyeveryyear
05-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Welcome aboard acrucifer-

Yes Barb. If my running count is still good that brings us to 101!!!! We broke the 100 mark.

For information on the dolphin swim, I suggest you access www.dolphindiscovery.com. At that site you can make reservations for the "dolphin swim" at Cozumel. DCL offers a Dolphin Encounter, but from what I understand that involves standing on a platform and "petting" and "kissing" the dolphins. The Dolphin Swim actually allows you to swim and interact with the dolphins including holding on to dolsal fins to be pulled along and they will lift you out of water by your feet. Looks like a blast. You can't book "encounter" online because it sells out to cruisers, but "swim" is available.

If you have any questions, let us know!

My family is less than 24 weeks (we are leaving on Thursday after school) and way too excited.

Is there anyone else out there that finds they can't make it through the day without talking about the cruise? I think my husband is going to go nuts!

David - I scrolled down and found that you beat me to the punch before I could even post.

Memorial Day is very special to us and will be more so this year. Tomorrow morning bright and early my husband (Cub Master) and son (Cub Scout) will be participating in placing the flags at Camp Butler National Cemetery, which is a national military cemetery located just outside of Springfield (dates to civil war I believe). I asked Bob to make sure that my dad's marker got one. Dad just died in January and was creamated, but since he was a vet, he qualified for a marker.

Memorial Day weekend is the official kick-off of the summer for Bob at the Yacht Club. Pool opens tomorrow at 11:00 a.m., there is usually a line of kids hoping to be the first in the pool. My son will be one of them. It's a liittle cool here, high is to be 70, but it won't stop the kids from coming. The pool also didn't get filled until this week due to new paint, so it will still be cool in thewater and out.

David - enjoy your inlaws, but I can truly appreciate that the ride home is the best part :p .

Everyone have a wonderful holiday weekend and hope to "see" you soon.

acrucifer
05-23-2003, 05:46 PM
yes, I talk about the cruise every day and my wife thinks I am 2 clowns short of a three ring circus!! I cant help it though, after our first dcl cruise, you can call me, Addicted to DCL !!! life is Good!! when you are a dvc member!!!!

disney6
05-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Ditto to all that's been said!

disneyeveryyear, it's a small world. My family lives in Arenzville, IL. Have you heard of it? For those not in the know - it's a town of about 500 people, of course that's maybe stretching it a bit (there's really not that many!!)! It's not too far from Springfield. It has the best burgoo in the country!

disneyeveryyear
05-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Diana,

I went to college in Jacksonville, so I was even closer to Arenzville at that point. I checked on the map and the latest census shows 419. (500 in round numbers)

OMG - I bet we are the only two people on this thread who know what burgoo is. Our standard joke is the main ingredient is road kill!

I was going to say have a nice long weekend, but I don't think you celebrate Memorial Day in Canada, so have a nice regular weekend!

MouseGoofy
05-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Hello from a newbie to these boards but a Disney Veteran.

Add 3 more to the count. Our cast of characters is John(me)
DW Glenda and our son Ben 11 so it sounds like there are going to be alot of 10-11 year old boys at Oceaneers Lab.
Looking forward to our first trip on the Magic.

We will be celebrating DW $#rd b'day on 11/8 and our 14th anniversary on 11/11.

We will be driving this year from the south suburbs of Chicago, so we will be traveling down I 57 and passing near some of the other posters to this thread.

I will keep up with this thread and keep updating on any new plans as we continue to decide on our excursion plans.

P.S.
The Mini-Golf meet I've read about seems like a great idea.

John

Offsite 11/89
Villas at Disney Village 11/94, 11/95,11/96
Boardwalk Villas 11/97,11/98,11/00
Swan 11/01, 11/02
Disney Wonder(3 day) 11/01
Disney Wonder(4 day) 11/02

:wave:

imgoingtodisney
05-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the 11/8 DIS cruisers! Wow I think Im beginning to see why we were bumped from the 11/30 cruise. DS just turned 11 last wk

David - Id love to see a kids ages breakdown in the next newsletter. Is that too much work?

Parents of 10-12yr olds: are you thinking of leaving your kids in the Lab while you & SO go to the islands? Thinking we may take DS w/us to minigolf but then put him in Lab so we can go to Carlos n Charlies. Do you think the Lab will make him stay there or let him roam the ship if we explain that we'll be off the ship?

dianthus
05-24-2003, 05:13 PM
I believe any child over the age of 10 can sign themselves in/out of the lab any time they wish. They do not need their parent's permission.

On our last cruise our DD was 11. We gave her a motorola & told her if she was leaving the lab to go with friends, to call us & let us know where she was going. We confined her to public areas only. No stateroom hallways etc...
If she wasn't in the lab, they were up on Deck 9 or 10 playing ping pong, or hoops! We had no problems with her respecting our wishes. She felt good having some independence too.

Motorolas probably won't work if you're off the ship. I've heard Carlos & Charlies is close, so you never know...

imgoingtodisney
05-26-2003, 06:53 AM
we're getting lost on page 3 again so thought Id bump this up

I was wondering is if we asked the counselors to keep the older kids in the Lab because we were going to be off the ship, if they would. How are other parents handling this? Or are you just bringing the kids to the bars with you?

acrucifer
05-26-2003, 07:00 AM
I am not looking to touch off a riot here, but kids dont really belong in the bars, even on the magic. people smoke in there, are drinking, letting their hair down with adult humor etc etc. not really a place for the little ones IMHO.

imgoingtodisney
05-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Ya I know - thats my feelings too. Just not sure what to do with DS11. Id like to bring DH to Carlos n Charlies but dont want to leave DS alone on the ship. Hoping the counselors will work with us on this as I think the Lab would be the best place for him. We could just tell DS to stay there!

acrucifer
05-26-2003, 07:07 AM
well, the counselors on the ship are great. and I am sure they will work with you on that. there are activities for the kids while the ship docks at the various ports.

disney6
05-26-2003, 06:28 PM
When we went off the ship for our "adult" excursion, we told the boys (then 10) to stay in the lab until we got back and they did. There were lots of fun activities to keep them busy while we were gone. They had a great time. I'd just tell him and the counselors you will be off the ship and he needs to stay in the lab until you return, I'm sure they'll work with you (as someone has already said!).

We went to Carlos n Charlies about 14 years ago, in the afternoon, and if memory serves me, I would NOT take my 10/11 year old, especially in the evening. He'll have more fun on the ship!

alisbarc
05-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Hello Everyone!

Well, the trip to Atlanta to visit the in-laws went very well. There was only one very small issue that came up. Mostly due to tired kids and over active adults. My MIL's birthday 70th birthday celebration was great. We had a semi private room at this nice little restaurant overlooking Altoona Lake. Everyone had a great time.

I did a little updating last night and we are up to 106 cruisers. I'm gonna send out a group email later this week with some general info and to make sure I have everyone prior to the next newsletter going out.

ttfn
david

MouseGoofy
05-27-2003, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I made my trip to home depot yesterday and I have my Mickeys ready to try to laminate.

I have a Cozumel question and I'm sure someone here can answer it.
I know that Carlos and Charlies is at the new mall near the port, but it looks like we will have DS 11 in tow so we were thinking about Hard Rock. Can someone tell me if Hard Rock is close by?

At least it looks like summer has finally arrived in Chicago so at least we have that to look forward to before November.

John

:confused:

imgoingtodisney
05-27-2003, 07:13 PM
John - am I not seeing things or is this your first time on this thread? If you just joined our DIS group, welcome.

MouseGoofy
05-27-2003, 08:21 PM
thanks for the welcome to this thread imgoingtodisney.
This is my third post to this thread. The first post was late last week with the particulars on our group.

John 42
Glenda ?? B'Day 11/8 What could be better to do on your B'day than get on a Disney cruise.
Ben another 11 y/o on this cruise.

DW thinks i'm "goofy" for the way I plan ahead for vacations.

I'm sure I will be posting many times before we leave.

John

Offsite 11/89 (Honeymoon)
Villas at Disney Village 11/94, 11/95,11/96
Boardwalk Villas 11/97,11/98,11/00
Swan 11/01, 11/02
Disney Wonder(3 day) 11/01
Disney Wonder(4 day) 11/02

:)

imgoingtodisney
05-28-2003, 06:47 AM
Hows everyone planning on celebrating these birthdays? Thinking of Palos brunch on the 13th. What's everyone else doing?

disney6
05-28-2003, 07:46 AM
We are official! We are booked and ready to go!

Greg's bday is Nov. 1 - is it too late to celebrate it on board? Palo's sounds good. - I LOVE Palo's -- yum, yum, yum.

imgoingtodisney
05-28-2003, 10:42 AM
heck no - Nov 1st isnt too early - we can celebrate anyones, cant we? regardless of the actual date

acrucifer
05-29-2003, 12:41 PM
my 44th (God, that seems old to me!) is on november 5th! I am certainly goiing to celebrate it. last year I celebrated 43 in palo during the eastern cruise and the staff at palos brought me a birthday cake for dessert. they wrapped up the remaining cake in foil and made it look like a swan. it was very nice. the staff and other guests sang happy birthday. for the kids it was an even nicer celebration with balloons added. it is a very special and magical way to spend your birthday. the kids seems absolutely exhuberant about it.

Fay Ray
05-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Troy will be turning 11 on Halloween, and we're celebrating our first night on the ship. We have to because we told him he would be getting only something small for his birthday because we were going on the cruise. I'm sure we'll be making it up in souvenirs... He's good with that!!!

nghtangl01
05-29-2003, 10:08 PM
I am getting to go to Disney this weekend for my birthday (of course my birthday isn't until closer to the end of June) but still it is my birthday present!! I cannot wait.

My FH and I have also decided to add two days at Disney to the end of cruise. We get to continue our honeymoon before we have to go home to normal life. He suggested two nights while I suggested one. (And he says he isn't a Disney fan) Of course I told him we could go to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot on the 16th and that helped.

Cannot wait for the next newsletter. We are getting closer to 5 months out!!!

alisbarc
05-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Hi Angela,
Have a great time on your birthday trip to WDW. I am really jealous.

Good morning all,
Ok, I sent out a test email to make sure I got all the new group members email right. Please check to make sure you got it. If not email me and let me know cause that means I made another mistake (its tough being mistake prone). Also get this. After I got all the new email addresses added to my group and had the email ready to go I get this message "mail not sent - to many recepients". So, I had to delete a few and then resend it a second time by deleting a few I didn't delete the first time and adding the ones I did delete back in. So... some of you got the message twice. Anyways. When I have more time and before I send out the newsletter I guess I'm going to have to break my Disney cruise email group into 2 groups. How about that. We are now bigger than what the world wide web can handle. Actually, I'm a little confused. How the heck do I get so much spam for everything from low mortgage rates to viagra by mail. Maybe I'm just to low tech to understand.
ttfn
david

MouseGoofy
05-30-2003, 11:10 AM
We head to the World the same week in November just about every year as DS generally has at least 3 days off that week.
Since DW's birthday is 11/8 and our anniversary is 11/11 we usually get to celebrate both on our trip. I'm sure we will continue to go at this time every year as DW says it makes it much easier to have a birthday when you celebrate with Mickey. Somehow I don't think I will put up any arguement about a trip to the mouse.

John

;) :jester: :smooth:

imgoingtodisney
05-31-2003, 06:51 AM
Is there a family w/ 10-12boy main dining who would like to link their dining ressie w/us?

Just curious - who else is on deck 6? We're in 6124
The deck plans show connectors but there isnt an arrow?

acrucifer
05-31-2003, 09:21 AM
thats a great idea. now that we have this 11/8 roll call, lets have a deck roll call (for those who want to participate) !!!! I am on deck 5! would be interesting to know who from this list you will be lodging next to. anyway, its a t

disney6
05-31-2003, 06:15 PM
we're on deck 6. 6624 (my parents) and 6643 (us). We've always been on deck 2 before and LOVE it, not sure how quiet the upper decks are but we'll see. plus we have no "window" but should be ok - better inside than onshore!

imgoingtodisney
06-01-2003, 06:44 AM
Its 640am Dave - Im anxiously awaiting - thanks for doing this

Diana - your parents have the opposite room of us - we're 6124 -other side of ship but same location

dianthus
06-01-2003, 08:43 AM
MouseGoofy~ Our anniversary is 11/11 too! How many will it be for the 2 of you? We will be celebrating our 25th! We can't believe it! It's gone by so fast!

Acrucifer ~ our party of 5 are in 2 CAT 5 staterooms on deck 7.

We just got back from 5 days at the Beach Club Villas. Weather was hot & sunny! Had a great time! But we came home to this dismal rainy, sunless, northeast weather... boo hoo! We are really going to get excited for the cruise now!

A CM said that Mission Space's soft opening is going to be mid to late August. So the ride should be hopefully - open, running and debugged by November - for anyone who is going to spend any time at WDW, before or after the cruise. The ride sounds incredible. They are going to simulate a launch- complete with the g force, weightlessness, etc...

We just received the "Can Do" Map of Cozumel that Minigolf Sally suggested. This map is truly awesome. I've never seen such a complete travel map! Well worth it if you haven't gotten one already!

imgoingtodisney
06-01-2003, 09:23 AM
We'll be celebrating 20+yrs on Oct 17. We'll need to do something at Palos to celebrate.

nghtangl01
06-01-2003, 10:28 AM
We are staying on the 7 floor. Not sure of the room number off the top of my head.

Disney was so much fun yesterday. It was crowded but not as crowded as I had expected.

I hope Mission to Space is open in November, since Jason agreed to extending our honeymoon so we could go to Epcot.

If anybody is going to Disney with little kids within the next month don't promise them they can ride Pooh. My nephew was all excited only to find out it is being refurbished. (not sure for how long).

I am also waiting patiently for the newsletter!!

cjp/dvc
06-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi Diana...
We are directly across the hall from you in 6644 and our DS, Jeff & girlfriend Meg is next door in 6646...So if you need an occasional window, just knock...will be glad to share a verandah (maybe even a glass of wine) We have stayed on deck 7 aft on the last three cruises and it was always quiet so I expect deck 6 will be the same.
Like you, this is adults only...ha ha...that is only because we have reached the ripe age of having only a 26 year old child! Traveling with kids this age is a real pleasure...although he likes to claim he is the biggest and oldest kid on board! However, since your parents are along...that may make you the oldest kids on board!
Guess we'll see you guys often!

disney6
06-01-2003, 04:37 PM
are you callin ME OLD??????????? ;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

has anyone thought of doing a wine tasting? Last year we all got together on deck 7's secret deck and met and drank lots of wine from different parts of the country. We ordered trays from room service and brought those (cheese, cookies, fruit). It was really nice. We did it on Sunday afternoon - oops, that's Key West! Maybe mimosas and bloody mary's Sunday morning?