PDA

View Full Version : We are Booked BUT without a Cabin Number

Tammy_in_NC
12-31-2002, 09:25 PM
We have a confirmed reservation (via Dreams Unlimited) for the Western Cruise on 4/25/03. BUT, our cabin number is only "guaranteed". Reservation agent said we may not even get one assigned until we board the ship. We are in cat 5 (for a family of 5). Has anyone else ever had this happen ??

Is there any way that I can tell when a
room opens up and request it ??

BriarfoxinWA
12-31-2002, 09:42 PM
We booked a "guaranteed" cat. 6 for 3/29/03 through DCL. I checked online about a month ago and had been assigned cabin 6556. I guess you'll just have to keep checking...

Michelle
12-31-2002, 09:43 PM
Hi Tammy! A guarantee means you are guaranteed at LEAST a Category 5 stateroom. Most likely you WILL get your room assignment in advance, the vast majority are assigned before final docs are sent. No matter what you'll get a great stateroom, Cat. 5s are all great and you may even luck out and get a higher category.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

CarolAnnC
12-31-2002, 10:24 PM
I thought Category 4 was the minimum for a family of 5? Can someone enlighten me? LOL.

mmouse37
12-31-2002, 10:30 PM
That's what I am wondering as well.....I thought only Cat 4 and higher had room for five....

Don't worry about not having a cabin assignment yet. I am currently booked on a Cat 9 GTY for 1/4 and I don't have my cabin number yet....I'll find out at the Port...no big deal!!! I can't check online anymore because it is too close to the sail date and cannot be accessed online anymore.

MJ

taswira
01-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by mmouse37
That's what I am wondering as well.....I thought only Cat 4 and higher had room for five....Don't worry about not having a cabin assignment yet. I am currently booked on a Cat 9 GTY for 1/4 and I don't have my cabin number yet....I'll find out at the Port...no big deal!!! I can't check online anymore because it is too close to the sail date and cannot be accessed online anymore.
Was that with DU? I book directly with DCL and can access all my past, present and future reservations from their website at any time. And CarolAnnK you are right - they must have at least a Cat. 4 for 5 people. I don't understand why they would let them book 5 in a Cat. 5.

Regarding stateroom assignment if GTY - My next cruise is 1/23 and since none of my favorite Nav. Verandahs were available, I booked Cat 11 GTY. I checked my res daily. Two days ago it showed my cabin assignment as 2044. Although that was a 2 category upgrade, I did NOT want that location, so I paid for an upgrade to a Cat 6 mid-ship. If you have a location preference, you might want to keep a <I>close</I> watch on your res and call <I>immediately</I> if you end up with something undesirable. You <I>may</I> be able to change locations, or if not might be able to upgrade.

Michelle
01-01-2003, 12:27 PM
I think Tammy just made a typo, she is in a Cat. 4 guarantee for her family of five. :)

mmouse37
01-01-2003, 12:44 PM
taswira....I was able to check my ressie online (booked directly with DCL) up until a week before sail date of 1/4/03. Then when I tried to access the ressie it told me none could be found. I called DCL and the CM told me that the ressie at that point gets switched to a group ressie and cannot be accessed online anymore. How do you access your past ressies on the DCL website??? I know you are a TA, do you access thru the TA screen or the general ressie screen?

I now recall the same thing happening when I booked last Feb as GTY as well.

MJ

taswira
01-01-2003, 01:11 PM
MJ - Were you part of a group in more than one stateroom? Maybe it has something to do with that (?). When accessing ressies for individuals or groups I book as a TA, I <I>do</I> use the TA section of their site. But for my personal ressies I usually access the public site and (at least so far) have been able to see my details even on the day of the cruise. I log in with my CC number and my Disney user name and password, and ALL of my cruises appear, sorted by reservation number. Gee - Now I'm feeling <I>privileged</I>"! :jester:

Mjasp
01-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Mmouse, your docs don't have a room number on it? I hope you get a nice upgrade, let us know when you get back.

BTW...When someone gets an upgrade is it always after the 60 day mark, when you are paid in full?

Have a Magical time
Joanna