View Full Version : can i have tax-refund?

05-11-2001, 07:02 PM
just like what the american do?can we do that since i'm not an american

05-14-2001, 08:46 AM
Hi louisaho! Welcome to the DIS! As long as you live outside of Canada you can claim the taxes back that you pay on any purchase made while in Canada. The forms should be available at the airport if you are flying in, or they are also available at a lot of stores. Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

05-14-2001, 09:45 AM
Just a quick P.S. to this thread.......if I'm not mistaken, it is only the G.S.T. (goods & services tax) that you can claim back and only on single purchases of $50.00 Cnd. and up. Hope this helps.:D

05-14-2001, 10:34 AM
You might want to check out the FAQ (http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/tax/nonresidents/visitors/vrpqa-e.html) on the Government of Canada's web site.

- Mike