PDA

View Full Version : Ava's MAW pre-trip report

Kktraylor
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
We got the email saying Ava qualified for MAW, so I finally get to do a PTR!! Let me introduce the cast of characters.
First and foremost is the wish child Ava. Ava is almost 9 and the most amazing child. She's silly, dramatic, caring, and a certifiable genius. When Ava was 6 she stared getting really sick. Fevers all the time, swollen joints, she lost a lot of her hair. Then out of nowhere her kidneys started failing. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong. Prayers worked and her kidneys went from working at less than 20% to 100% in one day. Praise the Lord! Unfortunately, she has remained sick. We finally got a diagnosis of Familial Mediterranean Fever with organ involvement. IT's a rare auto-inflammatory disease that causes inflammation around her joints and organs. She's on medicine to protect her organs, but it doesn't stop the pain. She misses school about 2 days a week right now. :( Here's Ava
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/a45c8d7f-35d9-4fac-9149-8bd293195c75_zps0b256a1b.jpg
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/926d9c59-66f2-42e7-9d89-daa1137fd954_zps81a94be0.jpg
Next we have Logan who is almost 9. He's a typical athletic boy. A great kid and the perfect big brother.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/17c107b3-4d54-4334-afcd-a4c305036f3b_zpse96d7ba8.jpg
Then we have Zach. Zach is 7 and has a heart of gold. He's autistic, so it's hard to get through to him, but he is something special.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/9561e77e-da17-4f22-b38d-98956f5bc879_zps13f4a428.jpg
Next is Ben. He's 6 and the sweetest thing. He's dyslexic, so he struggles a lot, but he never stops trying.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/11e963d0-b28e-4ede-af6b-da83b6d85e1b_zps59284b72.jpg
Then we have Nate. He's also 6 and the clown of the family. He's the happiest kid alive.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/14a3d4a6-1a9e-445f-abc5-86e43d22e4cc_zpsa60f92ec.jpg
Our other little girl is Kelly. She's 5 and such a diva. She's such a girly girl and tries to do everything her big sister does.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/de139b49-2583-489c-8b34-e68760b145be_zpsa863bc6f.jpg
And the baby of the family is Alex. He's 4 and rivals Dennis the Menace! He's such a handful, but so cute when he's doing it...lol.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/2eb7e8cb-7978-4e2f-a21d-2bab41711f8f_zps6005da81.jpg

As for us, I'm Kristy. I'm a disabled vet and stay home taking care of the kids. My husband, Ryan, works hard as a mechanic to provide for us. :-)
And here's the crew!
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/4762d5f5-a01e-41d5-ac44-2f93638050f1_zps56bcb985.jpg

DVC'96
02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Wow what a big, beautiful family! I'm looking forward to reading about your trip!:surfweb:

Kktraylor
02-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Wow what a big, beautiful family! I'm looking forward to reading about your trip!:surfweb:

Thanks! We're definitely excited. Ryan has been to Disney, but this will be the first trip for the rest of us.

Lilfoot93
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
What a beautiful family you have! I am so glad Ava is getting her wish! I can't wait to hear what her wish is and hear all about your plans!

Jackie

angel's momma
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
So sorry Ava has to deal with so much. So happy she's getting a wish.

Your family is beautiful, and I love how you indicated their grades. :)

Kktraylor
02-04-2013, 12:48 AM
What a beautiful family you have! I am so glad Ava is getting her wish! I can't wait to hear what her wish is and hear all about your plans!

Jackie

Thank you. :-). I'm excited to hear exactly what her wish is too. I know it will have something to do with Disney and dolphins. That's all she talks about.

Kristy

Kktraylor
02-04-2013, 12:50 AM
So sorry Ava has to deal with so much. So happy she's getting a wish.

Your family is beautiful, and I love how you indicated their grades. :)

Thank you. I think they're pretty cute too. :-). I started the grade thing from the beginning and so glad I did. Otherwise I'd never be able to keep up with what grade they were going in when I look back at pictures years from now. Too many kids makes my memories get all mixed up. Lol.

Kristy

NEmel
02-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Your kids are all so cute!! :thumbsup2 I don't know how you do it with that many boys, just the 2 I have are a lot of work! :rotfl2: So glad that Ava is being granted a wish and can't wait to hear more about what it will be for! ;)

Kktraylor
02-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Your kids are all so cute!! :thumbsup2 I don't know how you do it with that many boys, just the 2 I have are a lot of work! :rotfl2: So glad that Ava is being granted a wish and can't wait to hear more about what it will be for! ;)

Thanks....they are a HANDFUL!!! It's hard now, but I know when they're teens I'll be so happy there's only two girls. Lol

Kristy

Kktraylor
02-07-2013, 07:55 AM
We heard from Ava's wish granters and they're coming out to meet us next Saturday! We are super excited!! :-)

Kristy

luckylady
02-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Beautiful family. Happy Ava is getting a wish trip but so sorry to hear she is in pain.

Kktraylor
02-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Beautiful family. Happy Ava is getting a wish trip but so sorry to hear she is in pain.

Thank you. :-). She said getting to go to Disney almost makes being sick worth it. Lol

Kristy

angel's momma
02-07-2013, 05:22 PM
We heard from Ava's wish granters and they're coming out to meet us next Saturday! We are super excited!! :-)

Kristy

Yay! :cheer2:

What you posted on the Wish Trippers thread is really bothering me. :( Do you have contact info for the wish coordinator yet?

Kktraylor
02-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Yay! :cheer2:

What you posted on the Wish Trippers thread is really bothering me. :( Do you have contact info for the wish coordinator yet?

Yes...I just spoke to her for the first time today. It's bothering me too...we work so hard to make our kids feel like one family and that they're all brothers ad sisters...not steps. It just stinks. Especially since all of the kids have been a part of each others' lives since before the youngest was even one.

angel's momma
02-07-2013, 05:49 PM
So she confirmed what the wish granter said? :( I can't imagine how you must be feeling. :hug:

Kktraylor
02-07-2013, 06:17 PM
So she confirmed what the wish granter said? :( I can't imagine how you must be feeling. :hug:

Oh no...I misunderstood. I haven't talked to the wish coordinator yet. The wish granter said she would talk to her, so I figured I'd try to have patience and wait and see what she says.

JWCJ
02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Oh no...I misunderstood. I haven't talked to the wish coordinator yet. The wish granter said she would talk to her, so I figured I'd try to have patience and wait and see what she says.

I have my fingers crossed that they recognize that you guys are one (beautiful, may I add) family. :grouphug:

Kktraylor
02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
I have my fingers crossed that they recognize that you guys are one (beautiful, may I add) family. :grouphug:

Thanks. :-). I hope so too. The whole 50/50 custody can be confusing. But, I just don't know who they consider the kids to live with. They live in both places. Hopefully we'll get answers on it soon.
Kristy

Kktraylor
02-08-2013, 10:56 AM
I spoke with our wish coordinator. She told me that because they aren't in the home 100% there's no way they can be a part of trip at all. The only way is if we ride separately, stay in an offsite hotel, and they can only go to the parks together. This is just horrible. :-(

angel's momma
02-09-2013, 12:29 AM
:sad1:

I saw your update on the Wish Trippers thread - praying that GKTW is able to get it approved for you. :hug:

angel's momma
02-14-2013, 12:50 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/ilc1sw.jpg

Kktraylor
02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Happy Valentines day to you too!! We meet with our wish granters on Saturday. Not sure what's going to happen. Ava said she doesn't want to go to Disney if her brothers and sister can't come. So, hopefully we find a way to make it work. :-)

Marsheliz
02-14-2013, 01:02 PM
OMG- What beautiful children!!!

Ava looks like a princess!

I am excited to read more!

angel's momma
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Ava is so sweet. :lovestruc
I am so sorry about the situation.:( Praying that your entire family is able to go :grouphug:

Kktraylor
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
I just heard from our wish granter. She said the wish coordinator said the other kids can't participate at all. Even if GKTW made an exception, we have to go by MAW rules. So, the other kids have to travel separately and stay off site. :-(

angel's momma
02-14-2013, 08:06 PM
I am so sorry. :sad1: :grouphug: I just don't understand - if GKTW is willing to make an exception, how does that affect MAW?

Lilfoot93
02-14-2013, 08:45 PM
So sorry. Would they let you guys stay at a hotel instead of GKTW so all of you can be together?

Jackie

Kktraylor
02-14-2013, 09:12 PM
So sorry. Would they let you guys stay at a hotel instead of GKTW so all of you can be together?

Jackie

I asked them that too and they said no. I'm scared to ask if we'll be able to be together in the parks or not. I have a feeling my other kiddos will be waiting in lines.

cantwaittoseemickey
02-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi. Our son is a a past Wish tripper. I am so heartbroken to hear that they will not let the other kids go. This is her Wish. It just seems like somehow they could make this work. Even if you have to pay out of pocket for them. I am so sad for your family. I hope and pray somehow it will work out and she gets her Wish to Disney!

Kktraylor
02-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks. She'll be able to go regardless. Just don't know if we'll be able to come up with the money for everything else....I'm just going to start saving every little bit I can and pray that it all comes together.

angel's momma
02-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Sending lots of hugs & prayers :hug:

JWCJ
02-14-2013, 11:44 PM
That is terrible. I mean, I know we need to be thankful that MAW is there to give our kids opportunities, but...... Wow. WOW. Are there any other wish foundations in your area that you could approach instead?
My heart is breaking that you guys could be put in this situation. It seems extreme and so far from the norm.

Kktraylor
02-15-2013, 12:27 AM
That is terrible. I mean, I know we need to be thankful that MAW is there to give our kids opportunities, but...... Wow. WOW. Are there any other wish foundations in your area that you could approach instead?
My heart is breaking that you guys could be put in this situation. It seems extreme and so far from the norm.

Thank you. I don't want it to seem like I'm not grateful...I am very much so. I know it seems like they're getting tired of me trying to find a way. I just have to believe that it'll somehow work out. I'm going to find a way to make sure we can all go...not sure how yet...lol.

Lilfoot93
02-15-2013, 02:34 PM
So sorry! I sure hope there is a way you can all go!

Jackie

luckylady
02-15-2013, 06:00 PM
That's sad for her. I hope you can find a way for the rest of the kids to go.

Happy Duck
02-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Argh! I just found your thread and read all the way through. I hope everything works out! I can't imagine ever saying to a little girl "We're sending you to Disney...but some of your siblings have to stay home." It's a WISH, not a technicality!

Kktraylor
02-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Argh! I just found your thread and read all the way through. I hope everything works out! I can't imagine ever saying to a little girl "We're sending you to Disney...but some of your siblings have to stay home." It's a WISH, not a technicality!

Thanks. I have faith that we will create our happy ending. Ava even said she'd give up Sea World and seeing dolphins if they could come. Sweet girl.

petals
02-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Joining in. Really hope things work out and Ava gets her full wish to have all her siblings in Disney with her.

Kktraylor
02-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Met with our wish granters today. They were both really nice. It still looks like the others won't be included at all. When she was explaining it to Ava he started to get upset. Stress triggers flare ups so she almost immediately started getting sick. She spent the last half of the meeting in bed and is now running fever. :-(. But, she said her wish was Disney World and her second wish was something with American Girl dolls. I hear them whispering about maybe being able to get her a doll, so that would be awesome. We requested the first week of June since Ava's best friend will be going that week and it looks like a goo possibility. :-)

Kristy

Kktraylor
02-17-2013, 11:58 PM
Joining in. Really hope things work out and Ava gets her full wish to have all her siblings in Disney with her.

Thanks. Even though they don't get to officially participate, we will still have it be a family trip. We just have to say a lot of prayers to be able to afford it. :-)

Kristy

angel's momma
02-18-2013, 03:20 PM
So sorry the meeting was stressful for Ava. Hope she's feeling better now. :hug: Hope you get the dates you'd like.

icecreamforbreakfast
02-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi,

Our son was granted a wish trip in Nov 2010, since then I have tended to be more of lurker then a poster, but your story has prompted me to post. We are a family of 6 and tend to live life in a rather penny pinching manner. I have no idea what your plans may be for meals during the trip etc.., but we bought 1 set of ice cream treats (for $25!) for our family in the parks and that was it the whole week. We ate at GKTW, stopped at Wal-mart and stocked up on snacks and water, ordered pizza to our villa in the evenings and took it into the parks for lunch the next day etc.. I know you are limited with the amount of food you can eat at GKTW, but even so I would imagine Make A Wish would give you an expense cheque to cover at least some meals in the parks, if you chose to use that money on cheaper food options you may have some leftover cash. After our sons trip we were able to purchase a basketball hoop & fooseball table with the left over money that was allocated to our family for food for our wish trip.

Just a thought as to where some more funds could possibly come to help cover the cost of your whole family going. I know from reading trip reports that each MAW chapter is different, but I do think everyone receives some sort of "expense cheque".

Hope you are able to work out all the details to make this happen for your family!:goodvibes

Kktraylor
02-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi,

Our son was granted a wish trip in Nov 2010, since then I have tended to be more of lurker then a poster, but your story has prompted me to post. We are a family of 6 and tend to live life in a rather penny pinching manner. I have no idea what your plans may be for meals during the trip etc.., but we bought 1 set of ice cream treats (for $25!) for our family in the parks and that was it the whole week. We ate at GKTW, stopped at Wal-mart and stocked up on snacks and water, ordered pizza to our villa in the evenings and took it into the parks for lunch the next day etc.. I know you are limited with the amount of food you can eat at GKTW, but even so I would imagine Make A Wish would give you an expense cheque to cover at least some meals in the parks, if you chose to use that money on cheaper food options you may have some leftover cash. After our sons trip we were able to purchase a basketball hoop & fooseball table with the left over money that was allocated to our family for food for our wish trip.

Just a thought as to where some more funds could possibly come to help cover the cost of your whole family going. I know from reading trip reports that each MAW chapter is different, but I do think everyone receives some sort of "expense cheque".

Hope you are able to work out all the details to make this happen for your family!:goodvibes

Thanks. We have no idea how much our expense check will be, but we definitely plan to try to stretch it. Our only possible splurge is Ava wants to eat at Chef Mickey's. Hopefully I'll be able to find a way to make that happen. But, thankfully we know how to eat cheaply. I'm sure you're big family is the same way, but my kids are fine with sandwiches. They've learned to appreciate how much things cost when you have to multiply it by 7.

I am grateful for any cost cutting advice, so please share any tips! :-)

Kktraylor
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Another huge cost for us is we have to pay for my mom to go with us. Because of my disabilities I will need a wheelchair at times and so will Ava. So, we have to have at least two people to be able to push us.

icecreamforbreakfast
02-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks. We have no idea how much our expense check will be, but we definitely plan to try to stretch it. Our only possible splurge is Ava wants to eat at Chef Mickey's. Hopefully I'll be able to find a way to make that happen. But, thankfully we know how to eat cheaply. I'm sure you're big family is the same way, but my kids are fine with sandwiches. They've learned to appreciate how much things cost when you have to multiply it by 7.

I am grateful for any cost cutting advice, so please share any tips! :-)

Is the desire to eat at Chef Mickeys to meet the characters? We have never done a character meal so I don't know what we are missing and others may chime in here and tell me I totally don't know what I am talking about ... but, we met tons of characters - Mickey 4 times!!! and the characters spent extra time with our kids. Ava's GKTW button will get her special attention at the character meets and front of the line access. We are a family that eats out extremely rarely (like maybe once a year) and so the food was not a big deal to us, but meeting the characters was and there was plenty of opportunity for that outside of a character meal. I don't want to discourage filling Ava's dreams, but personally I find the cost of the character meal for our family extremely hard to swallow and your family's cost would be even higher!

Just trying to help pinch pennies :)

angel's momma
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Does MAW know that you need 2 people to be able to push wheelchairs? I'm pretty sure I've read TRs where MAW did pay for another adult when one was needed to help.

icecreamforbreakfast is right that you may want to reconsider Chef Mickey's. TS meals can easily take 2 hours, plus the time to get to the resort, so you may want to make sure Ava wouldn't rather spend that time in a park. We have been fortunate to have gone to several character meals, thanks to free dining, but would find it very hard to pay that much for a meal. Are your kids good eaters? Will they be so excited about the characters that they end up not eating much, and need to be fed soon after? I hope that you are able to make it happen if it's important to Ava.

Kktraylor
02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Does MAW know that you need 2 people to be able to push wheelchairs? I'm pretty sure I've read TRs where MAW did pay for another adult when one was needed to help.

icecreamforbreakfast is right that you may want to reconsider Chef Mickey's. TS meals can easily take 2 hours, plus the time to get to the resort, so you may want to make sure Ava wouldn't rather spend that time in a park. We have been fortunate to have gone to several character meals, thanks to free dining, but would find it very hard to pay that much for a meal. Are your kids good eaters? Will they be so excited about the characters that they end up not eating much, and need to be fed soon after? I hope that you are able to make it happen if it's important to Ava.

They know. But, I don't think they'll do anything about it. They said they will reserve everything for Ava, but they think I'll have to reserve my own chair.

petals
02-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Another cost cutting tip if you are able to do it instead of the kids buying their sounvenirs in WDW go to the nearby outlets and the Disney store there. They have similar if not the same stuff as what the parks have except cheaper eg: when I was last in WDW there was a purple tinkerbell hoodie for sale for 54 dollars in the outlet the same hoodie was for sale for 24 because it said Disneyland instead of WDW but does that matter? :confused3:goodvibes The kookie pens were 1.99 instead of the 6.99 they were in the parks

Kktraylor
02-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Another cost cutting tip if you are able to do it instead of the kids buying their sounvenirs in WDW go to the nearby outlets and the Disney store there. They have similar if not the same stuff as what the parks have except cheaper eg: when I was last in WDW there was a purple tinkerbell hoodie for sale for 54 dollars in the outlet the same hoodie was for sale for 24 because it said Disneyland instead of WDW but does that matter? :confused3:goodvibes The kookie pens were 1.99 instead of the 6.99 they were in the parks

I will definitely have to do that! Thanks. :-)

thomtas
02-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi Kristy! Just wanted to say that I love your family picture :goodvibes. As a momma of a big blended family (total of 7 kiddos) I am so sorry that your wish couldn't include everyone based on a technicality. I pray that you can find a way to make everyone going work for your family! Ava is in my prayers and I hope she has a lot of good days :hug:.

Kktraylor
02-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Hi Kristy! Just wanted to say that I love your family picture :goodvibes. As a momma of a big blended family (total of 7 kiddos) I am so sorry that your wish couldn't include everyone based on a technicality. I pray that you can find a way to make everyone going work for your family! Ava is in my prayers and I hope she has a lot of good days :hug:.

Thank you. :-). I set up an online fundraiser but am not sure how to get the word out. I also plan on doing a bake sale in front of the grocery store. I feel guilty trying to raise the money, but I want to find a way to make Ava's COMPLETE wish come true. How old are your kiddos?

Moodyzblu
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Thank you. :-). I set up an online fundraiser but am not sure how to get the word out. I also plan on doing a bake sale in front of the grocery store. I feel guilty trying to raise the money, but I want to find a way to make Ava's COMPLETE wish come true. How old are your kiddos?

Joining in !
SO sorry to hear that the other kids aren't included. My cousin had this happen to her as well. The one kid had to stay home because he didn't live with them full time. :sad2:
I sure hope you can figure it all out ! Do you have a link to the fundraiser ? Maybe if people can share it on FB and such it will attract some attention. I think you are doing what any parent would do .. raising money to include the whole family can go is nothing to feel guilty about at all !!
Good luck .. you have an amazing family and Ava us just beautiful !!

Kktraylor
02-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Joining in !
SO sorry to hear that the other kids aren't included. My cousin had this happen to her as well. The one kid had to stay home because he didn't live with them full time. :sad2:
I sure hope you can figure it all out ! Do you have a link to the fundraiser ? Maybe if people can share it on FB and such it will attract some attention. I think you are doing what any parent would do .. raising money to include the whole family can go is nothing to feel guilty about at all !!

Not sure if I can share it on here. But, here it is. http://www.youcaring.com/(F(4D-XO_vcsQOtELxzKt9QGc6R0XLqQdyu_Ox5IJ3n6DTMJmUM_K38y 8RW1xIgjJGy1h8kutGEQVBhMcSVhwlX2m60JaMUXiSD-t3PPS02DV6YCQGZx9Y_ekbuasdRSV1_9kc0e9K6JK_9Mg8KsMk vw_nOIBk1))/other/Help-Ava-s-Wish-Come-True/43232

Kktraylor
02-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Joining in !

Thanks for the compliments on my family. I think they're pretty awesome. :-).

angel's momma
02-22-2013, 02:01 PM
I set up an online fundraiser but am not sure how to get the word out.

Did you link to it on FB, and ask that people share it?

Kktraylor
02-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Posted this on the other thread, but we made the decision to pull Ava out of school today. She will be home bound for a while until we can get her illness under control.

Kristy

Shelly F - Ohio
02-22-2013, 07:56 PM
What about contacting GTKW and ask them for referrals for places to stay for the other half of the family. They might have ties to another hotel that will give you a discounted rate with the help fo GTKW.

Another cost cutter tip I want to share is. That a great place to get lunch is the Hess gas station just outside the MK enterence. It has a great cafe area inside with lots of tables and chairs. They offer: hotdogs, mexican items, subs, chicken sandwhiches, pizza by the slice or a whole one. We always have at least one lunch here during each trip. They have Dunkin Doughnuts too.

luckylady
02-22-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry to hear she is sick. I hope she gets the illness under control soon. I think it stinks that the other kids can't join you at GTKTW. Something to think about when you have time might be to get a rental house. I know over on AllEarsnet.com she list several places to rent from. Keeping fingers crossed that something works out so the whole family can be there.

Kktraylor
02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks y'all. I did ask GKTW and they suggested Shades of Green. But, it'll be cheaper for them to go somewhere else. I found a Howard Johnson by GKTW for only about $50 a night. I also found a couple of houses and condos in the same area for roughly the same price. Hopefully we'll get dates soon so we can plan a little better. :-)

Kristy

thomtas
02-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Hi Kristy,
My kiddos that live at home full-time are 11, 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2. DH also has another son that we get every other weekend who is 13. We also added 2 dogs and 4 cats, I live in a zoo :rotfl:. I'm so sorry that Ava had to be made homebound and hope that her illnesses get better soon, she is such a beautiful lil girl :). Our Savanna is going to be 9 on May 4th. Maybe they could be pen pals while Ava is at home :goodvibes. We have to deal with behavioral and educational issues with DH's 3 kiddos. Their birth mom used tobacco, meth, marijuana, and alcohol during pregnancies, defiantly presents challenges. I also hope you are feeling well (you've mentioned your a veteran and have had major surgeries). Thank you for your service, one of my lil brothers is in the Army Reserves right now and I admire the strength of service members! Hope you can take the time to take care of yourself (mommas have problems with that!). :hug:

Kktraylor
02-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi Kristy,
My kiddos that live at home full-time are 11, 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2. DH also has another son that we get every other weekend who is 13. We also added 2 dogs and 4 cats, I live in a zoo :rotfl:. I'm so sorry that Ava had to be made homebound and hope that her illnesses get better soon, she is such a beautiful lil girl :). Our Savanna is going to be 9 on May 4th. Maybe they could be pen pals while Ava is at home :goodvibes. We have to deal with behavioral and educational issues with DH's 3 kiddos. Their birth mom used tobacco, meth, marijuana, and alcohol during pregnancies, defiantly presents challenges. I also hope you are feeling well (you've mentioned your a veteran and have had major surgeries). Thank you for your service, one of my lil brothers is in the Army Reserves right now and I admire the strength of service members! Hope you can take the time to take care of yourself (mommas have problems with that!). :hug:

I know Ava would love a penpal. We should definitely do that. Especially one who lives in a zoo too!! Lol. We have the seven kids, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a bunch of fish. Plus all the random friends that spend the night.
I've been sick since 2001 so I'm used to it. :-P. I served in the Army as a Persian Farsi Interrogator.

Kristy

JWCJ
02-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Posted this on the other thread, but we made the decision to pull Ava out of school today. She will be home bound for a while until we can get her illness under control.

Kristy

You mentioned in the other thread about how the school won't include gifted material. I'm (or rather used to be!) an elementary teacher - and concentrated on gifted programming - so if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Kktraylor
02-23-2013, 02:03 PM
You mentioned in the other thread about how the school won't include gifted material. I'm (or rather used to be!) an elementary teacher - and concentrated on gifted programming - so if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Thank you..,I might do that. I have no clue exactly what they've been teaching her or what grade level she's on. The last assessment she had was in 1st grade and she was on a 4th grade reading level. I think the k12 program online has a free assessment for each subject. So, I'll probably do that.
I just need to figure out where they left off on everything. I know she was learning Latin and Spanish. What other kinds of things do they teach?

Kristy

JWCJ
02-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Thank you..,I might do that. I have no clue exactly what they've been teaching her or what grade level she's on. The last assessment she had was in 1st grade and she was on a 4th grade reading level. I think the k12 program online has a free assessment for each subject. So, I'll probably do that.
I just need to figure out where they left off on everything. I know she was learning Latin and Spanish. What other kinds of things do they teach?

Kristy

I can't help with languages (in Canada we usually learn French, and I suck at languages anyway :confused3). Most of the time gifted programming looks at furthering and deepening comprehension. For example, if the class is reading a book, most kids might fill out a worksheet about the chapter just read. A gifted program student would be more likely to discuss what they think might occur next, or write the story from a different point of view, or create a picture of their favourite scene using as many details as possible.
Gifted programming varies hugely, obviously. Once you have things a bit more figured out, I'd be happy to help you figure out some ways to keep her challenged, and see what I can find online.

Kktraylor
02-25-2013, 03:42 PM
First day of home schooling. :-)

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/024639B7-EE7F-4971-80ED-C5B1CBABD4C7-31987-00000FD3EB3659EB_zpseeaf85c7.jpg

angel's momma
02-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Hope home schooling is going well. :)

Kktraylor
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Posted this on wish trippers thread, but I'll update here too...Found out good news today...because Ava's IQ identifies her as "exceptionally gifted", they're sending out a gifted teacher for her. Now I don't have to stress about no doing enough. :-). Other than that...nothing new. We haven't heard anything on our dates, which means we can't really make plans for the rest o our family yet. We haven't figured out how we'll get the money yet anyway. Lol
Kristy

angel's momma
03-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Yay for the gifted teacher :) Hope you get dates soon, and that everything works out for your family. :hug:

Kktraylor
03-03-2013, 12:10 PM
I've got a sick little girl today. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. She goes tomorrow to the orthodontist for her impressions and X-rays to get braces. And Friday its time to head to New Orleans for her rheumy appt. I'm praying he can figure out something else to help ease her pain. We might actually have to start strong pain meds soon. :-(

Kristy

angel's momma
03-05-2013, 12:04 AM
I hope Ava is feeling better :hug: How did the orthodontist appt. go? Praying for the appt. Fri., and that they are able to help with the pain. :hug:

Kktraylor
03-05-2013, 09:19 AM
I hope Ava is feeling better :hug: How did the orthodontist appt. go? Praying for the appt. Fri., and that they are able to help with the pain. :hug:

Thank you. She had a kidney infection and is feeling better already. :-). They said they're putting her first set of braces on on March 25...the day after her birthday. She's nervous, but excited. A bit of bad news, her Rheumy had a death in the family so he's in Jordan or Israel (not sure where he's from) for a few weeks. So, now her appt is the 27th.

ilovedisney1982
03-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I am sending my best prayers to your lovely, big family. Ava is a beautiful, sweet girl and all of her wishes should come true. If there's anything, anything at all, just PM me. I always find a way with prayer. Tell Ava to stay strong and that my whole ministry will be praying for y'all. :) :grouphug:

Kktraylor
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I am sending my best prayers to your lovely, big family. Ava is a beautiful, sweet girl and all of her wishes should come true. If there's anything, anything at all, just PM me. I always find a way with prayer. Tell Ava to stay strong and that my whole ministry will be praying for y'all. :) :grouphug:

Thank you so much. I'm not sure her complete wish will get to come true. We just found out my husband is going to have to rebuild the engine of our old passenger van, so unless a miracle happens...paying for the rest of the family is looking like a far fetched dream. The online fundraiser hasn't raised any money, but we are going to try a bake sale. Say a prayer that we can make it happen. As soon as the van broke down Ava started crying because she knew what it meant. :-(

ilovedisney1982
03-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Thank you so much. I'm not sure her complete wish will get to come true. We just found out my husband is going to have to rebuild the engine of our old passenger van, so unless a miracle happens...paying for the rest of the family is looking like a far fetched dream. The online fundraiser hasn't raised any money, but we are going to try a bake sale. Say a prayer that we can make it happen. As soon as the van broke down Ava started crying because she knew what it meant. :-(

I'm so sorry. Definitely, we will be praying. Please tell Ava not to worry, the Lord can make miracles happen! princess:

angel's momma
03-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Sorry about the infection, glad she's feeling better already.

Lots of hugs & prayers :hug:

Has the online fundraiser been publicized? I forgot about a couple of the things they did for Angel - one was silicone bracelets, and we were amazed they raised so much money with them; the other was cans at places like gas stations & banks, and that change added up too.

I hope that she's able to have her true wish. :hug: We do know how that feels.

Kktraylor
03-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Sorry about the infection, glad she's feeling better already.

Lots of hugs & prayers :hug:

Has the online fundraiser been publicized? I forgot about a couple of the things they did for Angel - one was silicone bracelets, and we were amazed they raised so much money with them; the other was cans at places like gas stations & banks, and that change added up too.

I hope that she's able to have her true wish. :hug: We do know how that feels.

It's my fault it's a bust. I can't share it on my Facebook because my grantors are my friends. I don't want them offended and take the wish away. But, I think we're going to do a jambalaya dinner and a bake sale.

ilovedisney1982
03-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Just wanted to check in and see how you and your family were doing:)

Kktraylor
03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Just wanted to check in and see how you and your family were doing:)

We're doing well...thanks. :-). No news on our trip yet, but I'm still going to believe it will all work out.

Kktraylor
03-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Ava is feeling MUCH better today!! Unfortunately, my health issues are acting up. I just hope it resolved on its own. I have a date night with my husband this weekend and don't want it to be in the hospital! Lol

ilovedisney1982
03-06-2013, 11:56 AM
We're doing well...thanks. :-). No news on our trip yet, but I'm still going to believe it will all work out.

Ava is feeling MUCH better today!! Unfortunately, my health issues are acting up. I just hope it resolved on its own. I have a date night with my husband this weekend and don't want it to be in the hospital! Lol

I hope all goes well! I have Bible study tonight and I made it a point to call this morning and put your family on our prayer chain!! I hope all works out! :)

angel's momma
03-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Praying for you Kristy. :hug: So happy Ava is doing much better. I do understand not wanting to offend the granters, but I also don't see why that should offend them - I would hope that they would be happy that your whole family would get to go. I hope your dinner & bake sale is a big success.

ilovedisney1982
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
How is everything??

Kktraylor
03-08-2013, 10:06 AM
How is everything??

Going okay. Ava was feeling better...a little sick today. Mine isn't hospital worthy. So I'm fine. We still haven't heard from make a wish. The last I heard the wish grantor wanted the name of the adult traveling and staying with me. I told her I was having one staying with me, but nobody was traveling with me. She said she has to see if they allow that. I don't see why they wouldn't...it saves them money. I don't know. Sigh.

angel's momma
03-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Hope Ava is feeling better, and that you have a great date night this weekend. I hope you hear from MAW soon, and that it's good news. I agree that it shouldn't be a problem.

Kktraylor
03-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Date night was amazing. On another note, on Friday my sweet, beautiful, amazing angel somehow turned into a hormonal, crying, raging, mean being that can't be from this planet. She actually told me no (which received a collective gasp from the other kids) and refused to listen...pitching a fit. Well, I know I don't talk about punishments or anything, but I'm prior military....I'm a strict mama. And there is no such thing as defying me. So....my girl will not be happy when she comes home from her dad's this weekend. I emptied her room and everything is out but clothes, bed, and some books. (She loves to read, but there's a few books I want her to give a try and she doesn't want to. So that's all that's in there. I think she'll finally read Little House on the Prairie).

Anyway, I'm rambling. Ava very rarely needs punishment but has been walking right on the edge of needing some discipline lately. I know that after one day of it, it's going to break my heart, but I've got to stand firm for a few days. :-(
Still nothing new from MAW

Kristy

angel's momma
03-11-2013, 02:06 AM
So glad date night was amazing. :lovestruc Hugs about the discipline :hug: We've experienced the same type of thing - I think it hits us even harder when it happens with a kid that's usually so very good. Praying that you'll get results quickly, cause I know it's going to be hard for you. :hug: Hope you hear from MAW.

girangel
03-12-2013, 08:12 PM
I just finished reading your PTR. :) Sorry that you're having to deal with so many problems with the wish. :hug: Can't wait to hear more about Ava's wish. :goodvibes

Kktraylor
03-13-2013, 04:17 PM
I just finished reading your PTR. :) Sorry that you're having to deal with so many problems with the wish. :hug: Can't wait to hear more about Ava's wish. :goodvibes

Thanks. :-). I can't wait to hear how your's goes. It stinks that y'all have had rotten luck too. Feel like I know you already! Lol

Kristy

angel's momma
03-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks. :-). I can't wait to hear how your's goes. It stinks that y'all have had rotten luck too. Feel like I know you already! Lol

Kristy

:grouphug: One of our biggest blessings from this process has been connecting with so many wonderful families from the Wish Trippers thread. :lovestruc

SigalTchelet
03-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi Kristi-saw you posting in Angel's MASW ptr, and decided to read yours. I am so sorry what you and Ava have been going through. Have you ever thought of comtacting your local media to see if there are some geneous individuals out there that could help this wish come true?I will keep your family in my prayers too. I have a niece just 6 months older than Ava, and can't imagine what I would do if this happened to her. I don't hve money to send, but I can definitely say prayers!

Kktraylor
03-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi Kristi-saw you posting in Angel's MASW ptr, and decided to read yours. I am so sorry what you and Ava have been going through. Have you ever thought of comtacting your local media to see if there are some geneous individuals out there that could help this wish come true?I will keep your family in my prayers too. I have a niece just 6 months older than Ava, and can't imagine what I would do if this happened to her. I don't hve money to send, but I can definitely say prayers!

Thanks. :-). I thought about it, but not sure how it would be perceived. Right now things seem to be going in the wrong way. Lol. Van broke down, husband lost his job. Geez...lol. I'm sure it'll all turn around for us soon though.

Kristy

luckylady
03-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm so sorry to see that DH lost his job. I pray that something better comes soon for him. We went through that back in 2005 and now are looking at a furlough. So glad the a teacher will be coming to her for the EP so she won't fall behind in those classes.DO they have a home bound program there. Here if your going to be out 4 or more weeks because of medical issues they send not only the work home, but a teacher once or twice a wekk to make sure the student understands the work/needs help

Kktraylor
03-20-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm so sorry to see that DH lost his job. I pray that something better comes soon for him. We went through that back in 2005 and now are looking at a furlough. So glad the a teacher will be coming to her for the EP so she won't fall behind in those classes.DO they have a home bound program there. Here if your going to be out 4 or more weeks because of medical issues they send not only the work home, but a teacher once or twice a wekk to make sure the student understands the work/needs help

Yes, thankfully Ava started the home bound program a few weeks ago. The teacher comes out twice a week as Ava loves it. :-)

Kristy

SigalTchelet
03-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks. :-). I thought about it, but not sure how it would be perceived. Right now things seem to be going in the wrong way. Lol. Van broke down, husband lost his job. Geez...lol. I'm sure it'll all turn around for us soon though.

Kristy

I am so sorry to hear about that. Something good will come out of it, I'm sure.

Kktraylor
03-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Thank you Mom2M07 for the package. Ava loved it!!!!

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/0B9FAD84-68BA-45F6-B803-FBC13CC1234A-27370-00000D420E675AB2_zpsb246bf35.jpg

Kktraylor
03-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Today is Ava's 9th birthday. I thank God every day for every moment i get to have her in my life. That is one amazing girl. :-)
I've been MIA for a bit. Not much new to report. They came and redid our paperwork to take off Ryan and put my mom instead. That way she can stay with me at the village.

luckylady
03-25-2013, 12:51 AM
Happy birthday Ava I hope it's a very magical day for you.. Just think next year you will be in the double digits.

Kktraylor
03-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Happy birthday Ava I hope it's a very magical day for you.. Just think next year you will be in the double digits.

Don't remind me. :-(. Lol

JWCJ
03-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Today is Ava's 9th birthday. I thank God every day for every moment i get to have her in my life. That is one amazing girl. :-)
I've been MIA for a bit. Not much new to report. They came and redid our paperwork to take off Ryan and put my mom instead. That way she can stay with me at the village.

Happy Birthday Ava! :bday:

angel's momma
03-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Happy Birthday Ava!

http://i47.tinypic.com/autksn.gif

So glad that your mom can stay at GKTW with you.

Such a wonderful package of pixie dust. pixiedust:

girangel
03-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Happy Birthday Ava! :bday::cake:

Mom2M07
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Thank you Mom2M07 for the package. Ava loved it!!!!

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/0B9FAD84-68BA-45F6-B803-FBC13CC1234A-27370-00000D420E675AB2_zpsb246bf35.jpg

So glad that she liked it! Maddie had a fun time picking out things for her "big kid wish friend!"

angel's momma
03-30-2013, 04:00 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2rwqoau.gif

Kktraylor
04-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Just wanted to jump in and say nothing new on our end. We still haven't got dates yet. And it's not looking like it will all come together. My husband lost his job, so the little bit of money we had put aside is now being spent on surviving. Not sure how we're going to get the money for all of our kids to go.
I'll end on a good note though. After lots of communication, we were told that Make a Wish will pay for our rental car and gas. As long as the other kids don't ride in it too. So, we will rent another car and caravan to Florida.

angel's momma
04-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Lots of hugs & prayers. :grouphug: Sorry you don't have dates yet. I know how hard it is when nothing seems to be going right. :hug: I understand your hesitation about reaching out to the community for help, but I think you'd be surprised just how amazing their help can be. :goodvibes We're praying that you'll be able to take the entire family. So glad that MAW will cover your travel after all, but I find it ridiculous that it comes with a stipulation that the other kids can't ride in it.

Mom2M07
04-05-2013, 02:36 AM
I can't believe how difficult MAW is being about including your other kids. I guess I can understand not being able to cover the cost for them, but to not allow them to ride in the rental car with you or allow them to really be a part of the trip in any way is just crazy. Sending you positive energy :)

petals
04-09-2013, 08:44 PM
that is so ridiculous that they won't even let the kids ride in the one car. Sorry to hear that your husband lost his job as well.

Mom2M07
04-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Hoping you guys are doing okay. I sent you a PM last week, but haven't gotten a response. Please check your PM and get back to me.

Kktraylor
04-17-2013, 10:01 PM
I know it's been a while, but I have birthday pictures! :-). Ava had a Candy Shoppe party and FIFTEEN girls spend the night!!!!! They trashed my house and had a blast. Lol
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/B8D36C97-6E25-4832-9D42-2D0D03A704D7-41281-00003475DE3E9743_zpsdc352e11.jpg
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/B8FCA45A-2607-44CD-B09A-D9E788A9F4A5-41199-00003472EC4E9447_zps34ceba58.jpg
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/0AD70749-8BE9-469E-AE7D-CD9A67BF0497-41281-00003475EBE0F0AA_zps19ba9310.jpg
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/6BA2A87B-C700-434C-BB46-7220E0D62AB9-41281-00003476746A11D8_zpseb073406.jpg
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/5A2E35F9-D4AB-4D0E-A83A-9E0D69F846B6-41281-00003475FAA26A88_zpse6a6954b.jpg

luckylady
04-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Brave womon you are with 15 girls overnight. A late happy birthday Ava.

angel's momma
04-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Glad she had a wonderful party :)

Kktraylor
05-13-2013, 01:02 PM
We got our dates. We are going July 20-26!! Super duper excited!!!

bluejasmine
05-13-2013, 04:16 PM
HI Im so glad you got your dates! Your children are all beautiful!

How can someone like me donate for this trip? Is their a link I can post on my facebook?

luckylady
05-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Woohoo. Let the planning begin.

Kktraylor
05-13-2013, 05:03 PM
HI Im so glad you got your dates! Your children are all beautiful!

How can someone like me donate for this trip? Is their a link I can post on my facebook?

Thank you so much. :-). I'll PM you the link. They won't let me post it on here.

Kktraylor
05-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Woohoo. Let the planning begin.

I know!! I'm so excited!!!!

Lilfoot93
05-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Yay for dates!!!

Jackie

married2mm
05-17-2013, 04:49 PM
I've just caught up.

Firstly,how adorable you all are.
Ava is a delight too.

So glad you've got dates now,how will your family be split up accommodation wise?
Hope dh and kids not going to be too faraway.

Any job news for your dh?

Best wishes to you all. :grouphug:

Kktraylor
05-18-2013, 01:01 PM
I've just caught up.

Firstly,how adorable you all are.
Ava is a delight too.

So glad you've got dates now,how will your family be split up accommodation wise?
Hope dh and kids not going to be too faraway.

Any job news for your dh?

Best wishes to you all. :grouphug:

Thank you. We'll be driving in two separate vehicles and they will stay at a hotel down the road. We'll go to the parks together and all eat and hang out at GKTW. Hopefully it'll work out.

Kktraylor
05-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Looks like the money situation won't make it to where the whole family can go. We're now tryin to save up enough where they can at least go one day. We figured it'll be about $1000 to drive there Friday night. All go to Magic Kingdom on Saturday then my husband and the other four will drive back Sunday. My mom, myself, and my three will stay for the week.
It's not what we wanted but it's better than nothing. Hopefully we can come up with the money to make at least this happen. :-(

wiigirl
05-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Cute pics....glad she had a great party. :)

cantwaittoseemickey
05-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Looks like she had a great party! Wow I can't believe you had 15 girls stay over. I bet it was interesting lol!

I just can't believe this trip won't work out any better for you all. This should be Ava's trip of a lifetime. Could you please pm the link?

Kktraylor
05-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Looks like she had a great party! Wow I can't believe you had 15 girls stay over. I bet it was interesting lol!

I just can't believe this trip won't work out any better for you all. This should be Ava's trip of a lifetime. Could you please pm the link?

Thanks. :-). I was interesting to say the least!! Lol

Kktraylor
05-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Well, Ava broke her foot...again. Poor thing. In the last year she has broken her left wrist, right wrist, left ankle, and now left foot. I sure hope its healed in time for Disney!! http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/324B0F64-E629-475A-A8F1-3F4837970763-16183-000006F360167F54_zps013f379b.jpg

blessedby3
05-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Joining in on your PTR :goodvibes I sure hope things work out for your family! You have a beautiful family:thumbsup2
Sorry Ava broke her foot...my dd14 just got out of her walking cast a few days ago, but she had a severe spraign...not a break.

Kktraylor
05-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Joining in on your PTR :goodvibes I sure hope things work out for your family! You have a beautiful family:thumbsup2
Sorry Ava broke her foot...my dd14 just got out of her walking cast a few days ago, but she had a severe spraign...not a break.

Thanks. :-). She has a rheumatologist appt in June. I'm going to ask about all these breaks. It's just not normal.

blessedby3
05-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks. :-). She has a rheumatologist appt in June. I'm going to ask about all these breaks. It's just not normal.

I was wondering if it had to do with her diagnosis. That is a lot of breaks! Im sure you will feel better after getting to the Dr. for some answers:goodvibes

angel's momma
06-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Yay for dates! :cheer2:

I am so sorry that things are still not working out for the whole family to go. :hug: Praying that something will happen to make it all possible after all.

Hugs for Ava :hug: Praying it's healed in time for the trip, and that the rheumatologist has some answers for you.

Lots of hugs :hug: I know how frustrating everything can be. I know you'll have a wonderful trip no matter what, but that it can hard for you to focus on that when so many details don't seem to be going right. :hug:

Kktraylor
06-03-2013, 10:37 PM
My best friend from high school surprised us with these. :-). We were so excited!!!http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/4B8BAFA2-6EA3-4501-B3BB-CE37E631099E-1649-000000626E0E0344_zps30bc7766.jpg

Kktraylor
06-03-2013, 10:41 PM
There are two extra kid shirts in there. My husband's much younger little brother and sister will be there with us. They'll wear these our one day at Magic Kingdom all together.

blessedby3
06-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Those are AWESOME! Love them:thumbsup2 Ya'll will look great:goodvibes

angel's momma
06-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Love the shirts :lovestruc

Kktraylor
06-12-2013, 01:39 AM
More bad news...looks like Ava fractured her elbow tonight. :-(. 5th broken bone in a year.

angel's momma
06-12-2013, 01:42 AM
So sorry. :grouphug: Is it going to affect the trip? :( Your family is always in our prayers. Sending lots of hugs. :grouphug:

blessedby3
06-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Oh my Goodness!! Praying for Ava:goodvibes

Kktraylor
07-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Random update on Ava. We leave in less than 3 weeks!! Woohoo!! Anyway, we took Ava to her rheumatologist and everything is looking ok. She's been feeling a lot better lately. He upped her meds, so hopefully she'll be feeling pretty good for her trip. Also, Ava got braces back in March and her teeth have improved a lot, but had to share this picture. They put a power chain on her and check out the difference in 9 days!!!! Wow! She's loving how pretty her teeth are turning out. :-). http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/0FDABB5B-C398-4C42-8E01-35B1BA9E91DB-30507-00000F0F068ABF30_zps603761d8.jpg

pharmjenn
07-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Also, Ava got braces back in March and her teeth have improved a lot, but had to share this picture. They put a power chain on her and check out the difference in 9 days!!!! Wow! She's loving how pretty her teeth are turning out. :-). http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/0FDABB5B-C398-4C42-8E01-35B1BA9E91DB-30507-00000F0F068ABF30_zps603761d8.jpg

Her teeth are closing up quickly! Are they sore? I get a sore/sensitive mouth after a filling, and remember braces (30yrs ago) as not being much fun.

have a great trip!

Kktraylor
07-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Her teeth are closing up quickly! Are they sore? I get a sore/sensitive mouth after a filling, and remember braces (30yrs ago) as not being much fun.

have a great trip!

They were really sore the first week of the power chain. But, seem better now. She said this was worse than the palate expander she had put in in April. But, she says it's worth it since she's seeing so much improvement. :-)

Kktraylor
07-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Proud day...Ava and Logan are getting baptized today. Make a mama cry. (Yes, they're the same age...Ava is really tall)http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kktraylor/89340658-E24A-4100-9D9F-0B1581E1BCFD-61655-0000199CE666203E_zps1afab848.jpg

taliasmom
07-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Good luck sleeping! Enjoy that trip!

angel's momma
07-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Sorry I'm so far behind, and I hope to be able to catch up soon.

Have a wonderful trip! :yay:

I'm so sorry that the whole family isn't able to go. :sad1: I know how that puts a major damper on the trip, but I'm hoping that you'll be inundated with so much magic that you won't have time to think about being sad. :grouphug:

Jessicalynne
08-28-2013, 05:19 PM
I am hoping to hear how your trip went! I hope it was amazing!

Adee369
04-16-2014, 12:22 AM
You're the first person I have ever. " met" in the USA with fmf!!! My middle and youngest boys both have fmf and my oldest is a carrier. They have ehlers danlos syndrome also but oh my goodness!!!!! We must connect!!!

Congrats on your maw :) our middle boy is getting ready to go on his! Now I'm going to go back and actually read the rest of your thread, I got soooo excited at seeing her dx. I sorry you're dealing with it but oh my to not be alone!!!