PDA

View Full Version : We were in the Parade!

MrsMouse74
01-31-2013, 12:34 AM
We just returned about 3 weeks ago. We stayed 6 nights at POR. A few cold days but mostly the weather was lovely...a day or two even hot! My husband and I were celebrating our 13 year anniversary and my son his 11th birthday. Our middle child had been when she was a little over two and it was the first trip for our youngest.
Our first day in the park (MK) was Saturday January 5 and it was a madhouse. We arrived at rope drop and it was ok until about 1:00. We had QS lunch at BOG...it was awesome! We headed back to the resort and figured crowds would die down after 9:00...not so. It was still crazy. However, Sunday January 6 (HS) was much less crowded and by Monday (Epcot)...virtually no lines. One of our fave dining experiences was Whispering Canyon. All 5 of us had a blast! It was truly a perfect trip. All CMs were kind, resort was clean and food was good. AND.....THE BONUS...
We were chosen to be in the AK parade on Mickey's float. We are a family of 5, DS 11, DD8 and DD5. I sewed coordinating Mickey/animal print outfits for my girls and color coordinated the rest of us. My husband and I were wearing our Happy Anniversary pins and my son was celebrating his birthday as well and had a birthday pin. So, perhaps that's why were were chosen? Who knows? It was an amazing experience! I cried half way through the parade....smiling, waving, tears and mascara!

DVC'96
01-31-2013, 07:43 AM
That must have been so exciting for your family! I hope they took some pictures for you.