PDA

View Full Version : A Very Disappointing Walt Disney Trip!!

pkdang
01-29-2013, 09:23 AM
My DF and I recently went to Disney last week to enjoy a mini vacation. We are avid Disney fans, and have always loved the parks and the company. We have been pass holders for the past 5 years. We are even planning a wedding there. But our last visit to the World was a bit disappointing. We received a Backstage Magic tour to all the 4 theme parks couple of months ago for January. So we decided to make a mini vacation to enjoy it. We got a 2 night hotel stay at the Yacht Club. Everything was wonderful as far as the resort goes. We love staying at Disney. However the day before the tour at about 4:00 pm I received a call from the Disney Institute saying that our tour was canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. I understand that tours can get canceled, but 16 hours before the tour. We spent a lot of money to get a hotel, it's not like I could cancel the hotel now to reschedule. Because if we cancel then we would lose our deposit, and we already checked in for the first night. The cast member did offer us a free park ticket, but we are already pass holders. They did not offer to book us on a different tour or anything!! The cast member stated that they would give us a call on Monday to reschedule the tour. But Monday came and went, and we still have not received a call yet :mad::mad::mad:

Trish.Glenn
01-29-2013, 09:30 AM
I would write a letter does not seem like a fair situation. Good luck

pkdang
01-30-2013, 09:29 AM
So I got a call from the Disney Institute, and they are going to fix the mess up. My faith in Disney has been restored. :rotfl::love:

Trish.Glenn
01-31-2013, 12:46 AM
So I got a call from the Disney Institute, and they are going to fix the mess up. My faith in Disney has been restored. :rotfl::love:

Glad to hear it! Good luck next time!