PDA

View Full Version : Successful trip for a couple of newbs, thanks to the Dis Boards!

wickedgood
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
My boyfriend and I just returned from a very successful first trip to Disney World, and I'd like to thank the good people at Dis Boards for all of the fantastic advice! Heading to the "Happiest Place on Earth" was very much a spur of the moment decision for us, and, honestly, I thought Disney World was just one park with a castle on one side and a big Epcot dome on the other. We were totally in over our heads!

But thanks to you all, we were able to visit all 4 parks in only 2.5 days and do almost everything that we wanted to do.

Hollywood Studios: We only had three hours here and a Tower of Terror malfunction unexpectedly ate up a lot of our time. We got some food, wandered around, and rode Star Tours and Tower of Terror.

Epcot: We strolled through the World Showcase, ate some food, watched the fireworks, saw Captain EO and Spaceship Earth. Again, we only had a few short hours here so didn't bother standing in lines at Soarin' and Test Track. Neither of those interested me very much anyway.

Magic Kingdom: We did everything we wanted to do here in a very short amount of time thanks to some Dis Boards planning tips. We had planned to spend an entire day there but we were done at about 3 p.m. We did Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Small World, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mickey's Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Hall of Presidents, lunch at Tony's, Carousel of Progress, Dumbo, and Prince Charming's Carousel. We went back for late-night extra magic hours the next night for the Haunted Mansion, Mad Tea Party, Astro Orbiter, and Under the Sea.

Animal Kingdom: Again, we'd planned a whole day here but were done by 3. We did the Safari, the African and Asian treks, Discovery Island trails, Dinosaur, Tough to be a Bug, lunch at Yak & Yeti, Expedition Everest, and the Festival of the Lion King.

Your tips saved us so much time that we were able to spend our afternoons/evenings relaxing by the beach and pools at the Caribbean Beach Resort. It was like a bonus tropical vacation for us.

My only regret: I wore through the soles of my favorite sneakers!

geckodani
01-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Glad to hear you had a blast!

wiigirl
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Glad you had a great time! :thumbsup2