PDA

View Full Version : San Diego to DCA on July 8th

steveq
05-11-2001, 10:50 AM
I will be going to San Diego (solo) July 7-12 for a work related conference. I have the whole day free on Sunday July 8th and was thinking of heading to DCA and have some questions.

1. How bad will crowds be?
2. Do any DCA atractions/rides have singles lines similar to Test Track at Epcot?
3. Since I will not have a rent-a-car any suggestions on best way to get to DCA from San Diego? (ie Amtrack, Grayline or some other tour company)
Any other advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Steve Q

PixieDusting
05-11-2001, 11:37 AM
Steve,

I would rent a car for the day...it'll be a lot easier than taking public transportation, and a lot quicker too. If you leave San Diego at 6:30 on a Sunday morning, you can probably be at the DLR parking garage by about 7:45-8:00....in time for opening.

I haven't a clue what the crowds will be like then, but there is a singles line at Soaring, and I think also at Grizzly River. Just get there early and use FPs for the other attractions that you want to see and do :-)

HTH a wee bit!

Mary Jo
05-11-2001, 12:35 PM
I agree with the red-headed pixie ;)

But, if you still intend on taking public transportation, take Amtrak. The train station is probably ten minutes away on the outskirts of Edison field (where CA Angels play baseball). You can take a taxi from the station to DCA. You might want to compare prices. It might be worth the difference to drive up here rather than take the train....

DCA has not been crowded, however, with the opening of the Electrical Light Parade, who knows how the crowds are going to be. Still, with Fastpass & the single rider option, you should be able to get a good feel of the park, and enjoy your time there.