PDA

View Full Version : Disney Family Vacation Video :)

Fantasyland Mom
01-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks to the DIS, we have been able to have some pretty amazing trips to WDW! This past trip was our first with a video camera, and my husband put together what I think is a fabulous family video (I'm a bit biased, though!;) ). I won't say it compares to the Wolfs or bosox2001 videos, but I'm really proud of the way it turned out. I would be honored if you'd watch it, and I hope it fills you with the magical feelings we all get from WDW!:goodvibes

Here's the link:
Disney World Family Vacation Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmYz8kLryF8)

(USE VIMEO LINK IN SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ON A MOBILE DEVICE!!)

Just a bit of background about our little (big?) family--it includes my husband, Brandon, the editor of the music video, myself, and our three wonderful kids. Julia is 7 and a very intellingent, creative, and bossy big sister. Brynn is 4, and she's equally as smart and creative, but she also has to deal with High-Functioning Autism and Dystonia (she'll be the curly-haired one, who wears earmuffs in several sections). Sawyer is our baby, and he's two....VERY two...the two-est two year old I've ever met!

We went in September and stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and Polynesian Resort.

THANK YOU in advance for watching! It really does mean so much to us!:goodvibes

mxkris
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Jenn, it was so AMAZING!!!!!! Once again, great pics, the kids are beyond adorable, and it looks like you guys had the time of your lives!! Tell Brandon he did an excellent job!

anewvance
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Great video! Thanks for sharing!

Sammie
01-14-2013, 07:19 PM
It was great, that must be the new song for Disney videos, second one I have seen today using the song.

Cute kids.

h&D3
01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
It was great, that must be the new song for Disney videos, second one I have seen today using the song.

Cute kids.

I'd love to be able to use that in "our" video that we will do this summer...

wendamjb
01-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Wonderful video!! Thank you for sharing!

JDUB
01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Great video! Thank you for sharing and what a great vacation!!!

WillAustin
01-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing it.

blessedby3
01-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Awesome video! Looks like you guys had a great time!

mmeb144
01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
That was adorable! It made me feel like I was on a WDW vacation. Thanks for sharing!

McLaughlinS
01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
WOW!!! You have an amazing video!. Thank you so much for sharing it!:worship:

AppleSister1
01-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Amazing video and BEAUTIFUL family! And clearly you guys are doing it right...stopping to enjoy the little things and letting the kids live the magic!! PS: I teared up when Sawyer got his first haircut!!! And I love that you seem to love the MK opening show as much as we do!

danimaroo
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
As you know, I LOVE THIS VIDEO. And it just makes me want to plan a September trip that much more. :goodvibes

rachel09985
01-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Love the photos, such a great photographer!

the video of your daughter getting squirted in the face was hilarious!

Skip2MyLou
01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Great video!

mom2mickeyfan
01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
That was great!! Thanks for posting it.

Fantasyland Mom
01-15-2013, 08:24 AM

Cute kids.
Thank you!! Which one of the songs did you hear? Someone told me on youtube that they had used "Good Times," which I think pretty much sums up WDW, but I wasn't sure if you meant that one or one of the other five songs:rotfl2:!

Fantasyland Mom
01-15-2013, 08:27 AM
I want to say a big THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have watched and/or commented with such kind words :goodvibes! I know fifteen minutes is a long time to take out of your day to watch a silly little video of a family you don't even know, and believe me when I say that it really means so much to all five of us that you'd spend the time to watch what we worked so hard on. I just don't know how to express how grateful we are that you're appreciating the love we put into it, especially since it was our very first attempt at video! THANKS, Dis friends!:cloud9:

ScholarAndAGent
01-15-2013, 08:46 AM
That was awesome! Very very well done. I think I'm going to make one for our WDW vacation/Disney Dream Cruise coming up at the end of the month. I plan on proposing :)

LovesTimone
01-15-2013, 09:06 AM
What a beautiful family you have... Your children are super cute:cutie:, love the outfits they were wearing. Your DH did a wonderful job:thumbsup2. Thanks so mcuh for sharing with us. :cloud9:

Fantasyland Mom
01-15-2013, 09:07 AM
That was awesome! Very very well done. I think I'm going to make one for our WDW vacation/Disney Dream Cruise coming up at the end of the month. I plan on proposing :)
:love:Awww, you DEFINITELY have to have video of that!! Congratulations!!

nolanboys
01-15-2013, 09:13 AM
What a great video. I loved seeing your kids with all the characters as mine are getting to the age that they think it is uncool.:guilty:They still love Disney though!:)

Fantasyland Mom
01-15-2013, 10:53 AM
What a great video. I loved seeing your kids with all the characters as mine are getting to the age that they think it is uncool.:guilty:They still love Disney though!:)

I know that time is coming, so I am so happy to have the memories of all those looks of awe captured! I know they'll still always love Disney, just like your kids, but this is definitely a special time :goodvibes.

loislane
01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Oh my goodness! I just loved your video. It made me tear up at the end! Your video is filled with joy! :)

Sydnerella
01-15-2013, 01:45 PM
So fun - nice job dad! On the technical side - I liked how the clips were not too quick to see/read! Fun to see Halloween decs as we are starting to contemplate an October trip... fingers crossed!

Loved the princess kisses for Sawyer and how he grabbed Mickey's nose in the pic! And the girls with Tigger and Merida were so cute.

And lastly, stop making me hungery for Disney treats!

thanks for sharing,
Sydnerella's Mama

KristiMc
01-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Great video! Thanks for sharing.

travelbug24
01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
AWESOME, AMAZING and ADORABLE! Like the others commented, love the girls matching outfits, the kisses for Sawyer, the hula dancing, the rides, the meeting of the characters, and the shows. You captured it all!

cocofifi
01-15-2013, 02:40 PM
That was fantastic!! Thanks for sharing. What an absolutely adorable family you have.

carlamouse
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Your video is just magical. :wizard: I've got a decades worth of WDW home videos at home, and this makes me want to compile them all into one masterpiece. Maybe someday I'll get around to it.:)

marieNJkitty
01-15-2013, 05:07 PM
I love your video! You did a great job and your family is adorable!

sachiiiii
01-15-2013, 05:16 PM
I've never watched a trip video before, but yours was so amazing that I had to go out and find more to watch. Honestly, none of them compared and I couldn't finish them. I'm on round two of yours because it's just so. dang. good. You're all so cute and look so happy.
I can't wait to read in your TR about everything you just showed us!

poop1
01-15-2013, 05:56 PM
awesome video! what software did you use?

Fantasyland Mom
01-15-2013, 06:48 PM
awesome video! what software did you use?
It was Adobe After Effects. Brandon uses Adobe Photoshop for his job as a Civil Designer and his side photography gig (yeah, engineer by day, artist by night!), so he learned it as he went and said there were lots of similarities. I really have no idea--I'm definitely not the technical one!!

Hi, all! Just to answer some questions I've gotten...see the software answer above this sentence. Our video camera is a simple Canon Vixia HFM52; it's nothing special, it's tiny, and we got it the week before vacation. If even I can use it, so can you! And...
Yes, I do coordinate all our outfits, as some of you noticed!:rolleyes1 The kids are still young enough not to care or notice, and Brandon goes with the flow. And yes, Brynn's earmuffs she uses to block out sensory information (she has high-functioning Autism and Dystonia, if you haven't been following my TR and didn't know) are red and black for Disney colors. I know, I'm an over-planning Disney addict!!::yes::

Seriously, guys, you are overwhelming me! You are all so amazing and complimentary, and you have made me all misty-eyed several times today! I really appreciate you watching this labor of love, and I am so happy to share it with people who I know understand what WDW is all about--MAGIC:wizard:!

THANK YOU!!!:love:

ProudMommyof2
01-15-2013, 09:21 PM
So fantastic!! Your beautiful family really made me smile!

DisneyFive
01-15-2013, 10:21 PM
One of the best I've seen. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

Dan

rndmr2
01-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Great Video!! I really enjoyed watching! :banana:

Stringbean&Wingnut
01-16-2013, 05:31 AM
I know I said this before, but this video is wonderfully magical!!! Love it!!! :goodvibes

bosox2001
01-16-2013, 01:55 PM
I think you did a great job. Great music! Good video. Really great! Loved it!

Fantasyland Mom
01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
I think you did a great job. Great music! Good video. Really great! Loved it!

AHH! I can't believe you just commented on our little video; you are my kids' hero! I cannot wait to tell them that a celebrity saw their video :thumbsup2!

My kids don't even listen to the radio, but they know all the songs from your videos. Just yesterday, Julia was going through the grocery store with me singing loudly, "Now get your hands up, ooooh ooooooooohh." Hand motions and all. They chose Pirate's League this year because they saw Lizzie do it, and next year they want to fight Darth Vader like Andy. I'm telling you, they're obsessed! Probably a thousand of your views came from my household!

Thanks for some great videos and inspiration :).

Mysteria
01-16-2013, 04:12 PM
LOVED your video! Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

bosox2001
01-16-2013, 07:12 PM
AHH! I can't believe you just commented on our little video; you are my kids' hero! I cannot wait to tell them that a celebrity saw their video :thumbsup2!

My kids don't even listen to the radio, but they know all the songs from your videos. Just yesterday, Julia was going through the grocery store with me singing loudly, "Now get your hands up, ooooh ooooooooohh." Hand motions and all. They chose Pirate's League this year because they saw Lizzie do it, and next year they want to fight Darth Vader like Andy. I'm telling you, they're obsessed! Probably a thousand of your views came from my household!

Thanks for some great videos and inspiration :).

That's nice of you to say! But don't sell yourself short. Your video is truly excellent!!! Great job to you and your husband!!!!

MistDis
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Awesome video! I LOVED it, especially the begining! Thanks for sharing!

Skip2MyLou
01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Great job! I DH & I spent a few hours watching yours & bosox2001 videos. By far, best ones in YouTube!!!!

Fantasyland Mom
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Awesome video! I LOVED it, especially the begining! Thanks for sharing!

Great job! I DH & I spent a few hours watching yours & bosox2001 videos. By far, best ones in YouTube!!!!

One of the best I've seen. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

Dan

You're making me blush :blush:! Thank you!!

For all who said it made you smile or that you enjoyed it, know that we've smiled a million smiles just from knowing you saw it:goodvibes!

CouponCon
01-20-2013, 01:02 PM
OMG! Loved your video! Thanks for sharing. :)

Fantasyland Mom
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
OMG! Loved your video! Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm so glad you liked it :goodvibes! Thank you for watching it!

Fantasyland Mom
02-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I added a link to the Vimeo version of our video for anyone on a mobile device, as YouTube won't play it on mobile. Hope that helps with some of the viewing issues :goodvibes!

cheekypoppins
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM
OKay i totally just cried like a baby that was aweswome!!!

tcherjen
02-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I loved your video!!!!!:)

MelMel11
02-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Great video!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Fantasyland Mom
02-02-2013, 10:07 AM
OKay i totally just cried like a baby that was aweswome!!!

I loved your video!!!!!:)

Great video!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks, guys:goodvibes! It was an amazing trip, for sure. Glad you enjoyed it!