PDA

View Full Version : Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip! (updated 2/20/14)

Lovemy3babes
01-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Welcome, welcome! I’m so happy you took the time to check out my trip report. Over the years I have made some really great friends here on the Dis. I absolutely love reading other trip reports and feeling like I was right there with them! This is my third report I have and am excited to do so again! I always have to make the disclaimer that I am not a “writer” so I apologize in advance!

We took this trip back in October. I know it’s already January but the holiday madness was crazy! Concerts, shopping, cards, trips, etc., etc. I wanted to wait until the rush settled down and I could devote some time to this TR. :)

Let’s get the introductions out of the way first, shall we? My name is Kelli and I have four kiddos, even if my screen name doesn’t say so. (We adopted our youngest son Michael after I established my Dis account.) We have two girls (ages 13 & 12) and two boys (ages 9 & 6). This trip was a special birthday trip with my oldest daughter, Morghan. She’s my big girl and shares my love for Disney. I’m sad to say my other three kiddos really do not. :sad: All three older kiddos have been twice before this trip and while they enjoyed it, they didn’t LOVE it like we all do. That makes me a sad panda. Expect for Morghan. My Morgs. My big girl. She’s a girl after her mom’s own heart. We both claim that Disney is our Happy Place. We love all rides, especially the big ones! I was itching to get back to Disney. It had been two years since the last trip. So, I thought a 13th birthday trip would be something special we could do together. How often does a girl turn 13 after all? Morghan officially is a teenager so I thought we should celebrate! So, this trip is just a mother & daughter trip. :goodvibes I am glad you are joining us.

Here is my Morghan:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/546795_10152193973550046_555059587_n.jpg

Here we are together:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/217825_10151972399060046_1497659070_n.jpg
(we're goofy!)

I planned for over a year. I wanted to go in October for a long while because our school district receives 2.5 days off from school. I thought that would be the perfect time. The weather should be nice, crowds not too high and the less school missed, the better! I don’t mind taking my kids out because we do it very rarely. But the less homework, the better as well! Heehee. ;) So our dates were set in stone for a long while. For financial reasons only, we had to make it a shorter trip. We left on a Monday (October 15th) and came back on a Friday (October 19th). I would have loved to stay longer but I definitely took what I could get! Free dining came out for other October dates but not ours! I was so bummed. I held out hope however and by golly, a room discount came out! This really helped out with the budget as the trip definitely was something I had to save and scrimp for this time.

Now where would we stay? This was sort of a process. My initial instinct was Caribbean Beach. I LOVED the look and loved reading Dis friends other reports on this one. So we booked! But, you know how that goes? Eek! I changed to CSR. This was sort of a silly change. It just looked fancier and I don’t know what I was thinking really. Finally my friend Samantha, who is also a Disney travel agent recommended POR. POR wasn’t a consideration at all because I wanted to save that future stay for a trundle bed room with the family. I’m trying to possibly stay at each resort once so didn’t want to “waste” a stay if that makes sense. But she talked about the new Royal Rooms and I thought it sounded perfect for Morghan’s 13th Birthday trip! pixiedust: She re-booked us with the released discount and boom! She's a great friend and a wonderful Disney travel agent. That’s how we settled upon POR. I will save you the suspense and tell you we really, really liked it! But we will FOR SURE visit Caribbean Beach in the future. ::yes::

Ok, I think that is the nitty gritty. Now that we have that out of the way, my next update our trip will start! ! I will try my best and update hopefully once a week. I work full-time and have four kids so we all know what they say about the best laid plans however. Thanks for joining me friends! :goodvibes

Lovemy3babes
01-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Table of Contents

Intros! Page 1, Post 1 (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47144051#post47144051)

Airport, Flights and Arrival! Page 2, Post 26 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47187750&posted=1#post47187750)

Port Orleans Riverside-Part 1. Page 3, Post 41 (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47284591&posted=1#post47284591)

Port Orleans Riverside- Part 2. Page 3, Post 42 (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47284591&posted=1#post47284591)

Magic Kingdom-Rope Drop, Part 1. Page 4, Post 60 (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47857224#post47857224)

Magic Kingdom-Rope Drop, Part 2. Page 5, Post 61 (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47857235&posted=1#post47857235)

More Magic Kingdom- Part 1. Page 5, Post 72. (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48278853#post48278853)

More Magic Kingdom- Part 2. Page 5, Post 73. (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48278862&posted=1#post48278862)

'Ohana! - Page 5, Post 74. (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48278873&posted=1#post48278873)

Hollywood Studios - Part 1. Page 6, Post 90 (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48415077#post48415077)

Hollywood Studios - Part 2. Page 7, Post 91 (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48415083&posted=1#post48415083)

Hollywood Studios - Part 3. Page 7, Post 92 (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48415090&posted=1#post48415090)

Animal Kingdom - Part 1, Page 7, Post 101 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48665676#post48665676)

Animal Kingdom Part - 2, Page 8, Post 111 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50420629#post50420629)

Animal Kingdom - Part 3, Page 8, Post 112 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50420634&posted=1#post50420634)

1900 Park Fare funnies - Page 9, Post 125 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50556748#post50556748)

Epcot, Part 1 - Page 9, Post 133 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50766641#post50766641)

Mndisneygirl
01-10-2013, 09:25 AM
YAY! Am I first??? I AM!!! Never happened before! Guess it's good I am slacking at work this morning and saw your post on FB. ;)
:cool1:

Don't worry about starting late - I still am finishing up my March TR and haven't started my October one yet! Soon really!

I'm excited to hear how your trip was and see if we might have crossed paths anywhere! I wish we could have met up.

Momof2Disneyboys
01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Oh dang it, Sheree beat me!!!

:laughing:

But I'm here and I'm ready!! Been waiting for this. popcorn::

Morghan looks all grown up since your last TR. :sad: Now she's a beautiful young lady. :goodvibes

I couldn't even remember where you stayed. :upsidedow We loved POR too! Can't wait to hear about the new rooms! :yay:

pooh'smate
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Came over from MeMom's thread. I don't promise to comment a lot but I will be following along. :goodvibes

wiigirl
01-10-2013, 11:45 AM
I am excited to hear how your trip went! :)

Mndisneygirl
01-10-2013, 12:25 PM

HA! PSYCH!!!
It NEVER happens!! I just got lucky today goofing off at work. Shh.

sthom927
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I am a complete newbie and this will be in the mix for some of my first reviews/reports read! Excited to follow along, for we will be taking our daughter for her 10th birthday trip in September:)

MeMom
01-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Mother/daughter time in Disney World - you know I am in! I am so glad you got to take this trip. :)

danielle79
01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah for the mom/daughter trip! I have three daughters and would love to do seperate Disney trips for us, but sadly finances do not allow that! Excited to read more, my oldest was 13 last time we went and had a great time!

Lovemy3babes
01-11-2013, 09:32 AM
YAY! Am I first??? I AM!!! Never happened before! Guess it's good I am slacking at work this morning and saw your post on FB. ;)
:cool1:

Don't worry about starting late - I still am finishing up my March TR and haven't started my October one yet! Soon really!

I'm excited to hear how your trip was and see if we might have crossed paths anywhere! I wish we could have met up.

You are first! Winner, winner chicken dinner! :cool1: I too am so sad I missed you girls. I'm such a goof for messing up the time of the Epcot meet up.

But I'm here and I'm ready!! Been waiting for this. popcorn::

Morghan looks all grown up since your last TR. :sad: Now she's a beautiful young lady. :goodvibes

I couldn't even remember where you stayed. :upsidedow We loved POR too! Can't wait to hear about the new rooms! :yay:

Hey Shelly! I'm so happy to have you here. Your TRs are some of my favorites so I hope mine can be half as good. These kiddos sure do grow up too quickly and that makes me a little sad. :(

Came over from MeMom's thread. I don't promise to comment a lot but I will be following along. :goodvibes

Hi! Welcome! :wave2:

I am excited to hear how your trip went! :)

Thanks for joining in here! :)

HA! PSYCH!!!
It NEVER happens!! I just got lucky today goofing off at work. Shh.

Heehee! ;)

I am a complete newbie and this will be in the mix for some of my first reviews/reports read! Excited to follow along, for we will be taking our daughter for her 10th birthday trip in September:)

Welcome to the Dis! Make yourself at home here! This is a fun place to meet fellow Disney lovers. :wave2:

Mother/daughter time in Disney World - you know I am in! I am so glad you got to take this trip. :)

I feel really blessed we were able to take the trip. So glad you are here MeMom! :goodvibes

Yeah for the mom/daughter trip! I have three daughters and would love to do seperate Disney trips for us, but sadly finances do not allow that! Excited to read more, my oldest was 13 last time we went and had a great time!

Welcome! I understand the finances all too well. I don't even know when we will be able to get back to Disney. I wish we had a money tree! That would help! :laughing:

Mndisneygirl
01-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I forgot to mention this yesterday - but in the super cute picture of the two of you with your tongues out...

Had you just eaten something BLUE??? :laughing:

And Kelli - don't worry about not being a "writer". You know we are all just here to have fun and hear about your awesome mother daughter trip! I always say I'd like to do that, or just take the girls, but DH puts the kibosh on that! He always wants to go too!

Lovemy3babes
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I forgot to mention this yesterday - but in the super cute picture of the two of you with your tongues out...

Had you just eaten something BLUE??? :laughing:

And Kelli - don't worry about not being a "writer". You know we are all just here to have fun and hear about your awesome mother daughter trip! I always say I'd like to do that, or just take the girls, but DH puts the kibosh on that! He always wants to go too!

Yes! :rotfl: Blue slushies at the zoo! I'm glad your DH enjoys going Sheree. Though sometimes yes, a girls' trip is fun too. My DH has no interest and the other three kiddos don't really get the love like Morghan and I do. We may just take trips together by ourselves for awhile! :thumbsup2

jessadavis
01-11-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm in!! I CAN'T wait to take a mother/daughter trip :) I hope that my DD still loves Disney as much as she does now when the time comes to take one.

mousetravel
01-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Subbing!
I love reading Mom/Daughter TR's!!!

My DD and I take our Disney trips together (as you can see by all of my mom/daughter trip reports) ,and I love reading about others!!

Tink-erin-belle
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I’m here, Kelli, and I am so happy that you are doing this trip report! I’m really looking forward to reading along and seeing the royal room! princess:

Megablocks
01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Here from MeMom's report! Can't wait to read along!

Lovemy3babes
01-12-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm in!! I CAN'T wait to take a mother/daughter trip :) I hope that my DD still loves Disney as much as she does now when the time comes to take one.

When your time comes, it will be such a special trip. I promise you that! :) Thanks for reading along with me.

Subbing!
I love reading Mom/Daughter TR's!!!

My DD and I take our Disney trips together (as you can see by all of my mom/daughter trip reports) ,and I love reading about others!!

You are a pro! Thanks for joining me. I am going to go check out your reports as well!! :thumbsup2

I’m here, Kelli, and I am so happy that you are doing this trip report! I’m really looking forward to reading along and seeing the royal room! princess:

Hey, hey Erin! :yay: Welcome!

Here from MeMom's report! Can't wait to read along!

Hi Meghan! I'm glad you are here! :wave:

jenseib
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
HI! I am pretty sure I read your other reports in the past.
I have to ask ...are you the one who had to have some major dental work/braces for your daughters? I remember someone having that and not too happy about the cost and I think I might've said something like it will be so worth it in the end. Well if this is you and thats your Daughter, her teeth look FABULOUS! I had horrid teeth and didn't have braces till I was 35 years old. I am so happy now with my million dollar mouth! :rotfl:
If thats not you, well disregard what I said, but her teeth still look great!

I can't wait to read more!

Lovemy3babes
01-13-2013, 02:37 PM
HI! I am pretty sure I read your other reports in the past.
I have to ask ...are you the one who had to have some major dental work/braces for your daughters? I remember someone having that and not too happy about the cost and I think I might've said something like it will be so worth it in the end. Well if this is you and thats your Daughter, her teeth look FABULOUS! I had horrid teeth and didn't have braces till I was 35 years old. I am so happy now with my million dollar mouth! :rotfl:
If thats not you, well disregard what I said, but her teeth still look great!

I can't wait to read more!

Hi and welcome! Yes! That was me. I had to put braces on my girls at the same time so it was really expensive. And you were right! It was worth all that money! :goodvibes I actually am thinking about getting braces for myself as my parents couldn't afford it. I'm 33. How was your experience as an adult? I'm happy to hear you love your smile! :)

jenseib
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi and welcome! Yes! That was me. I had to put braces on my girls at the same time so it was really expensive. And you were right! It was worth all that money! :goodvibes I actually am thinking about getting braces for myself as my parents couldn't afford it. I'm 33. How was your experience as an adult? I'm happy to hear you love your smile! :)

it was so worth it. i still had baby teeth too that they pulled and then put braces AND teeth missing, but i knew in the long run I would be happy and I am. I got 2 bridges put in after they cam off and they bonded my front teeth so they won't try to separate again. My sister needs this done too and she has 1 baby tooth still that is falling apart, but she doesn't want to go a year or so missing a tooth while the braces are on. I tell her just to do it and she will be happy, but she won't. But it won't be long and that dang baby tooth is going to fall completely apart. I know, one of mine was almost a numb and the other one was starting to go too. Only my youngest sister was lucky enough to get the "works" done as a kid.
They told me for an adult, they could do more, like fix my jaw line/bite, but I didn't have to. If i was a teen they would've for sure. They just did the minimum to get my top teeth right. It hurts at times, like when they tighten the braces, but you learn to live with it quickly. My teeth went into place in about half the time they predicted too.

Lovemy3babes
01-14-2013, 10:46 AM
it was so worth it. i still had baby teeth too that they pulled and then put braces AND teeth missing, but i knew in the long run I would be happy and I am. I got 2 bridges put in after they cam off and they bonded my front teeth so they won't try to separate again. My sister needs this done too and she has 1 baby tooth still that is falling apart, but she doesn't want to go a year or so missing a tooth while the braces are on. I tell her just to do it and she will be happy, but she won't. But it won't be long and that dang baby tooth is going to fall completely apart. I know, one of mine was almost a numb and the other one was starting to go too. Only my youngest sister was lucky enough to get the "works" done as a kid.
They told me for an adult, they could do more, like fix my jaw line/bite, but I didn't have to. If i was a teen they would've for sure. They just did the minimum to get my top teeth right. It hurts at times, like when they tighten the braces, but you learn to live with it quickly. My teeth went into place in about half the time they predicted too.

Oh, awesome! Thank you. I am really considering it. I also am going to check out your TR today as well. :thumbsup2

ampc3
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi Kelli! I think I remember you from my first TR very along time ago lol!! I think you were just planning your first family trip? I see you have taken many trips since then good for you!! :)

I took a mommy daughter trip for my DD's 6th bday after the twins were born since she was no longer the "baby" and was soo special! I am sure you felt the same way :)

looking forward to reading along... I love POR!! ;)

Lovemy3babes
01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi Kelli! I think I remember you from my first TR very along time ago lol!! I think you were just planning your first family trip? I see you have taken many trips since then good for you!! :)

I took a mommy daughter trip for my DD's 6th bday after the twins were born since she was no longer the "baby" and was soo special! I am sure you felt the same way :)

looking forward to reading along... I love POR!! ;)

Hi there! Welcome! That's so nice that you remember me. I am sure I was a total newbie way back then. :lmao: Thank you for joining along! I bet a trip with just your daughter was very special and you made lots of memories. I looked at your TR in your signature and I remember you as well. :wave:

Lovemy3babes
01-14-2013, 12:55 PM
*** Oops!

Lovemy3babes
01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Now that we have the introductions out of the way, let’s get going! Our trip began on a Monday. The morning of October 15th, we followed our routine like normal. Our plane wasn’t set to depart until 11:30am so we had some time. I kissed and hugged the three younger kiddos and my husband extra that morning and also gave my husband instructions to get him through the week with hopefully no drama. He only had to get the kids to school the next day (Tuesday) and after that, it was a clear week. The school district gave the kids an extra half day off so no school on Wed, Thurs or Fri that week. Less school for Morghan to miss! Hurray!

So we dropped those rugrats off and waited for my mom to come over. She took the day off from work to take us to the airport. We were driving there in my van and she would bring it back to my house for my husband to use that week. At this point, I was feeling a little nervous and a little more sad about missing my kids. I was stoked to be spending time alone with Morghan but going to Disney without the other three kiddos pulled at my heartstrings a little bit. My husband has no interest so I didn’t feel that bad about leaving him home. He does NOT get it at all. :sad2: Soon we were off! We made good time to the airport an hour away. I was able to not pay for parking and could bring us all the way to the front door for drop off. My mom started crying a little bit and gave us big hugs goodbye. I told her we could sneak her in my suitcase! :hug:

We were flying Delta and checked in with no issue at all. It’s easy flying with a teenager since they are pretty self-sufficient. We used the potty and then made our way to security. The man checking us in had to make sure she was with me. He thought she was much older and couldn’t be my daughter. Or maybe I look like a grown child? Who knows? He smiled and sent us along. Morghan went through the screening and detectors with no issue, of course. And then we have me. I chose the wrong pair of jeans people. My back pockets set something off so I had to have my body hand scanned and my hands wiped down. I was thankfully cleared of being a terrorist by a burly woman who scared me just a little bit. We made it to our gate for a nice little wait. We ran into a gal I know from our hometown who was going to Orlando for a work conference. I definitely was glad our trip was for fun! We walked the airport a bit. Morghan worked on homework a little and I did some work from my laptop as well. We went to watch the planes come and go as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/018.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/019.jpg

The flight was delayed so it seemed to take such a long time to board! I also was a little worried about making our connecting flight in Minneapolis. They made the announcement over and over, asking for volunteers to take a later flight because they were over booked. No way was I doing that! The next flight would not have gotten us into Orlando until 11pm. They offered a future voucher, food/drink tickets and your flight money refunded. Very, very tempting but we just couldn’t do it this time. If I was alone? Maybe.

Finally we boarded and took off with no issue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/020.jpg

The first leg of our flight was super short and we made up time in the air, which was great! We made it to Minneapolis and had two things to accomplish: finding our gate and getting something to eat.

Morghan and I were super amused with those moving walkways. Gosh those are fun! We wondered why the people were walking on the “stand” side and vice versa? Just to be a rebel? Perhaps?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/021.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/022.jpg

We thankfully found our gate after tons of walking and saw there were TONS of people flying into Orlando. Luckily there was a small pizza joint very close to our gate so we each grabbed a slice and a couple drinks. It wasn’t expensive and the slices were HUGE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/023.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/024.jpg

Soon we boarded and were ready to get to Disney!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/025.jpg

In-flight wi-fi is great! It allowed me to get completely caught up on my work and Morghan on some schoolwork.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/026.jpg

Our flight was about three hours so we also took a little snooze, did some reading and relaxed. We shared one of those little snack boxes, which Morghan was completely thrilled about. We had found out her earbuds had broke so were prepared to buy a pair from Delta. The nice flight attendant gave those to us for free. We sat next to a lady who was going home to Orlando. She was staying with her daughter in MN for a few months, over the summer. It turned out she had to return early because her condo had a water leak and many of her things were destroyed because the leak went undetected. I felt really awful. She must have felt really, really awful because she knocked back a few drinks on the flight. Poor lady! :(

We finally landed and it’s funny how you can feel the warmth and climate change inside the plane! It’s such an awesome feeling to finally arrive after months and months of planning. We were off to find the fake monorail!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/027.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/028.jpg

See that there was a good group of people standing around? We heard this insanely loud man yell “NICK”, “NICK” over and over again. It seemed like a college kid or something just being loud. People were giving him looks and probably wishing he would go away. Well, it turned out his son, probably 3, wandered off into that crowd of people. That poor dad! I would have been petrified! :worried:

The fake monorail ride was fun! It’s always a nice way to start your Disney trip. Morghan had never ridden since we flew into Sanford on her last trips so she really thought it was cool. I had to check my documents so I could remember how to find Magical Express.

Would I get us totally lost? I seriously am horrible about direction!

Next up! Magical Express, Arrival, Dinner!

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm here! :cool1: Can't wait to read all about your trip with your daughter.

:thumbsup2Yay for a smooth flight. Can't wait to see if you find Magical Express. That airport is so huge.

So excited to see your room at POR. I have always wanted to stay there.

:surfweb:Can't wait to read more.

DisMomAmy
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi Kelli!! Yay an October TR!! So glad you are writing one! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I hope to get ours back on track (started) soon!

jenseib
01-14-2013, 07:50 PM
It's so exciting to arrive in Orlando!

Lovemy3babes
01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm here! :cool1: Can't wait to read all about your trip with your daughter.

:thumbsup2Yay for a smooth flight. Can't wait to see if you find Magical Express. That airport is so huge.

So excited to see your room at POR. I have always wanted to stay there.

:surfweb:Can't wait to read more.

I'm glad you are joining me! You are so right, the airport is gigantic! I'm horrible at knowing where to go too. :rolleyes1

Hi Kelli!! Yay an October TR!! So glad you are writing one! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I hope to get ours back on track (started) soon!

Hey Amy! I'll be reading yours as well when you are ready to roll. :)

It's so exciting to arrive in Orlando!

Yes it is! ::yes:: It feels surreal for a bit.

Momof2Disneyboys
01-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Sounds like you were off to a good start!! :goodvibes I love how you can feel the warmth when you land in Orlando. You know you are finally there!!! :cloud9:

Hope you made your way to ME okay and were whisked away to your resort in no time! pixiedust:

Lovemy3babes
01-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Sounds like you were off to a good start!! :goodvibes I love how you can feel the warmth when you land in Orlando. You know you are finally there!!! :cloud9:

Hope you made your way to ME okay and were whisked away to your resort in no time! pixiedust:

Hey Shelly! It's such a neat feeling coming from cold and feeling some warmth when you land. You know you are on vacation for sure! :goodvibes

MeMom
01-15-2013, 01:08 PM
So we dropped those rugrats off and waited for my mom to come over. She took the day off from work to take us to the airport. We were driving there in my van and she would bring it back to my house for my husband to use that week.

Nice mom. :)

At this point, I was feeling a little nervous and a little more sad about missing my kids. I was stoked to be spending time alone with Morghan but going to Disney without the other three kiddos pulled at my heartstrings a little bit.

You know how I am feeling about missing my girls in March.

My mom started crying a little bit and gave us big hugs goodbye. I told her we could sneak her in my suitcase! :hug:

You'll have to do a trip with just her and your girls.

They made the announcement over and over, asking for volunteers to take a later flight because they were over booked. No way was I doing that! The next flight would not have gotten us into Orlando until 11pm. They offered a future voucher, food/drink tickets and your flight money refunded. Very, very tempting but we just couldn’t do it this time. If I was alone? Maybe.

They were asking for volunteers to do this on our return flight in October. A man and his wife discussed it and took them up on the offer. I think he said they were going to go out for a nice dinner and just chill out until the next day's flight. They were with a larger group, and they arranged for one guy to get their car or something. I can't recall it all, but it was interesting and kind of fun to watch the spontaneity of the whole thing.

It’s such an awesome feeling to finally arrive after months and months of planning. We were off to find the fake monorail!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/027.jpg

We're here! :dance3:

Nooooo......
Don't leave us hanging! At least get us onto Disney property! :hyper:

Megablocks
01-15-2013, 04:40 PM
I love the arrival day! I especially love landing and feeling the change in the temperature. And MCO is soooo confusing...I'm extremely directionally challenged, I just follow anyone I'm with!

My airport (Logan Airport in Boston) has those moving walkways, but I don't think they have the line down the middle showing which side to stand on and which to walk on. If you're my dad, yes, you probably stay on the wrong side to be a rebel. Or walk as fast as you can down it while hoping everyone is adhering to the "pass on the left" rule because someone else in your party is on the actual, non-moving walkway trying to beat you to the end. This of course never, ever happens. :rolleyes1

Lovemy3babes
01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Nice mom. :)

You know how I am feeling about missing my girls in March.

You'll have to do a trip with just her and your girls.

They were asking for volunteers to do this on our return flight in October. A man and his wife discussed it and took them up on the offer. I think he said they were going to go out for a nice dinner and just chill out until the next day's flight. They were with a larger group, and they arranged for one guy to get their car or something. I can't recall it all, but it was interesting and kind of fun to watch the spontaneity of the whole thing.

We're here! :dance3:

Nooooo......
Don't leave us hanging! At least get us onto Disney property! :hyper:

Your March trip will be different, huh MeMom? Not bad, just different. And wait until you get to bring all four of your girls back with you! That will be so great! :)

I love the arrival day! I especially love landing and feeling the change in the temperature. And MCO is soooo confusing...I'm extremely directionally challenged, I just follow anyone I'm with!

My airport (Logan Airport in Boston) has those moving walkways, but I don't think they have the line down the middle showing which side to stand on and which to walk on. If you're my dad, yes, you probably stay on the wrong side to be a rebel. Or walk as fast as you can down it while hoping everyone is adhering to the "pass on the left" rule because someone else in your party is on the actual, non-moving walkway trying to beat you to the end. This of course never, ever happens. :rolleyes1

Oh my word!! Your dad sounds hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets lost often! :blush:

Grumpy's Wife
01-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi :wave: joining in. I think it's great that you and your daughter are taking this trip for her birthday. I'm looking forward to reading along.

Lovemy3babes
01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi :wave: joining in. I think it's great that you and your daughter are taking this trip for her birthday. I'm looking forward to reading along.

Hi there and welcome! I'm so glad you are joining me. I was so excited to take Morghan on such a special trip. :goodvibes

2Monkeys
01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Can't wait to hear more about your mother/daughter trip! :)

My DD13 & I will be leaving Wednesday for our own mother/daughter trip for her 14th bday! We cannot wait!!! :banana:

SamanthaL
01-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Hey Cutie Patootie! Love this report! Your girl is so beautiful! Thanks for the shout out and I miss you!

Lovemy3babes
01-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Can't wait to hear more about your mother/daughter trip! :)

My DD13 & I will be leaving Wednesday for our own mother/daughter trip for her 14th bday! We cannot wait!!! :banana:

How wonderful for you two! I'm a little jealous I think! lol! Have so much fun and thanks for reading my report!

Hey Cutie Patootie! Love this report! Your girl is so beautiful! Thanks for the shout out and I miss you!

Hey my lovely friend. I miss you. :flower3: Thank you for popping over here!

Lovemy3babes
01-23-2013, 02:48 PM
When we last left off, we had just taken the fake monorail ride. That’s always a fun, quick little ride. I pulled my documents out and thankfully got us to Magical Express. Last time I flew into Orlando, I got myself lost in the airport. This time Morghan read and I navigated. We make a great team! I love how the airport has it marked on the big signs as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/029.jpg

I love these:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/030.jpg

The last time I flew Magical Express, I had to check in at the desk. This time though a nice man waved us by with a big Mickey glove. They checked our papers and sent us into the correct line. There was just one family in front of us.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/031.jpg

We didn’t wait too long at all! Pretty soon we were directed out to this pretty sight:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/032.jpg

I of course grabbed the front row, which Morghan thought was a little dorky of me. :rolleyes1 Apparently the cool kids sit at the back of the bus. Well, not at Disney!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/033.jpg

The ride was nice. We watched the video and just relaxed and watched the beautiful sights pass us by.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/034.jpg

Pretty soon, we saw this!!! This has got to be one of my most favorite signs in the world!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/035.jpg

And then this one too!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/036.jpg

We were so excited to be staying at a new resort! I had read great things about Port Orleans Riverside so couldn’t wait to see what everyone was talking about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/038.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/039.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/040.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/041.jpg

We found our way inside and the check-in lines were a bit of a mess. I had done online check-in before we arrived so knew to look for that line. No one else did apparently though because there was no one in that line.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/042.jpg

The girl helping though wasn’t the most friendly, helpful CM ever. I was kind of bummed about that. I double checked our room requests and she wasn’t that thrilled about it all. I never like asking for anything extra or making waves so just did my best to smile and wait. It also took a very long time. I had plenty of time to snap more photos while waiting. Morghan sat in a very comfy chair and waited for me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/043.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/044.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/045.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/046.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/047.jpg

Soon we were ready to roll! Morghan was excited.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/048.jpg

The view upon exiting was beautiful! It was a nice evening and we tried to take it all in! Look at this pretty guy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/051.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/054.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/055.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/056.jpg

Continued in next post...

Lovemy3babes
01-23-2013, 02:55 PM
We had booked a royal room. I requested the Oak Manor building as that was closer to the action it seemed from the map. Our room wasn’t the closest but it wasn’t awful either. Room #9068 would be our home for a few days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/057.jpg

Morghan really loved the room! I wondered if it would be too babyish or anything for her since she’s 13 and her love of Princesses is gone now. But no way! She really, really liked it. We both loved all of the little touches. Beware there are a ton of photos! I wanted to capture it all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/059.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/061.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/062.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/063.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/064.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/065.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/066.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/067.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/068.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/070.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/058.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/060.jpg

As I said before, we loved the Royal Room! If I had one little negative, it probably was the room seemed a little dark. That did not impact our positive opinion at all however!

By that time, we were starved. It was supper time and we hadn’t eaten for awhile. We made our way up to find some din din! Morghan and I were on the dining plan, which I was very excited about. It just worked really well for us. I loved having the convenience of our meals being pre-paid. We were a little overwhelmed with all of the offerings in the food court frankly! We were just getting our bearings, needed something to eat and it was a madhouse in there! We also wanted something from two separate lines so that made it a little trickier, along with balancing a tray and our mugs that came with the dining plan. We did it though!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/075.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/074.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/073.jpg

Morghan chose the turkey meal from the carving station and I selected the make your own salad. We both really liked our food!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/071.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/072.jpg

We filled up our mugs with our choices of drink and then saved our bottle of water to take into the park the next day. That seemed to work great when eating at the resort.

I remember sitting there, amongst the craziness being completely happy with where I was. I was in the Happiest Place on Earth, sitting alongside one of my favorite girls ever. We had a whole trip in front of us that we both had been planning for such a long time. At times, I wondered if the trip would need to be cancelled. I feel guilty doing things for myself sometimes so I had to fight that feeling often. Money is always an issue it seems. But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13. My daughter was a teenager and there was no rewinding time. She wouldn’t ever be my toddler or my preschooler. She wouldn’t let me choose her clothes or play Barbies with me. Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place. :goodvibes

Next up: Magic Kingdom!

ampc3
01-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Great update Kelli :) I know how you feel, my oldest DD turned 13 last year.. I wanted to do a special trip with her too... tried to talk her into Disney for a night (just DTD) I hear ya on the money front! but she had her heart set on going to the Mall of AMerica! which we did this past summer for the day b/c I wasn't about to go in the middle of Winter lol (her bday is in Feb)

The Royal rooms look awesome!! I love POR
can't wait to read more ;) what a special trip for you two!!

Momof2Disneyboys
01-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Great update Kelli! :goodvibes I love the royal rooms at POR. They look so nice! The POR food court can get very crazy. :crazy2: But they do have some great food! Looks like everything was off to a great start, well other than the less than enthused front desk CM. I hate when that happens.

Can't wait to hear more! :cool1:

Donald Duck888
01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I just found your trip report and have enjoyed reading it. I am getting ready to take my first trip to disney with just my daughter and myself in May, (have been on several family trips but this is the first daddy daughter trip).

I got a bit choked up reading about how your daughter is really growing up on you, my daughter is only 6 and I already find myself missing things from two years ago and really see her growing up.:confused3 They do grow so fast.

We are staying in a Royal room at POR a she still loves the princesses so your pics were a great preview of what the rooms look like.

MeMom
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
You are there!!! :cheer2:

The food looks good.

I remember sitting there, amongst the craziness being completely happy with where I was. I was in the Happiest Place on Earth, sitting alongside one of my favorite girls ever. We had a whole trip in front of us that we both had been planning for such a long time. At times, I wondered if the trip would need to be cancelled. I feel guilty doing things for myself sometimes so I had to fight that feeling often. Money is always an issue it seems. But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13.
Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place. :goodvibes

Which is why I was so hoping this trip would not be scratched during those times of doubt. ::yes::

jenseib
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
I know that feeling. Claire and I had that our first day too. Such a special moment.

your room looks awesome. that is my goal, to stay in a royal room next trip. Did the distance bother you at all?

mousetravel
01-23-2013, 08:38 PM
I remember sitting there, amongst the craziness being completely happy with where I was. I was in the Happiest Place on Earth, sitting alongside one of my favorite girls ever. We had a whole trip in front of us that we both had been planning for such a long time. At times, I wondered if the trip would need to be cancelled. I feel guilty doing things for myself sometimes so I had to fight that feeling often. Money is always an issue it seems. But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13. My daughter was a teenager and there was no rewinding time. She wouldn’t ever be my toddler or my preschooler. She wouldn’t let me choose her clothes or play Barbies with me. Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place. :goodvibes

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Love this!!!

I can totally relate to everything you stated. When me & my DD go on these trips together, I feel the same way.

I just love mom/daughter trips! It's such a great way to spend time with our "little girls"!

Mndisneygirl
01-23-2013, 09:45 PM
A couple others copied that last paragraph too and I wanted to say how beautiful that is! Great sentiment and really sums up how we all feel about Disney and our kids. :thumbsup2:love: Well put!! I'm so happy that you guys made the trip!

The room is just beautiful - I've not seen pictures of the Royal Rooms before, but it is definitely an improvement over the old version of the rooms in the mansions. They were okay (we were there in 2008), but these are very pretty!
I'm glad you took LOTS of pictures.
Your food looks good too - I think that POR has one of the best QS on property - there are so many choices!

Megablocks
01-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Your room at POR looks amazing! We used to stay there often and I really loved it. :goodvibes

I will always, always try to find a seat at the front of the ME bus (on the way there, at least.) I love the video they show, and getting to see that sign! Can't wait to read about your MK night!

jeremysdisneymom
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Wow, I want to stay in a Royal room! So pretty! Love all your pictures.

Port Orleans is so pretty. Never stayed there but have always wanted too.

I totally know that feeling. I had that last year with Jeremy on our mother/son trip.

Can't wait to hear about your MK day. :surfweb:

Tink-erin-belle
01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Your room at POR was beautiful! This made me tear up a little bit:

This is why these trips with our kids are so important. They are only young once and that time slips away so fast! It’s hard to believe my kids will be 14 and 10 soon, when I am pretty sure they were babies just yesterday! It looks like you and Morghan had a wonderful start to your trip and I am excited to read more about it!

Lovemy3babes
02-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Great update Kelli :) I know how you feel, my oldest DD turned 13 last year.. I wanted to do a special trip with her too... tried to talk her into Disney for a night (just DTD) I hear ya on the money front! but she had her heart set on going to the Mall of AMerica! which we did this past summer for the day b/c I wasn't about to go in the middle of Winter lol (her bday is in Feb)

The Royal rooms look awesome!! I love POR
can't wait to read more ;) what a special trip for you two!!

The Mall of America seems like lots of fun! We live in Minnesota and still have never been there! How embarrassing. :blush: Thanks for reading along with me.

Great update Kelli! :goodvibes I love the royal rooms at POR. They look so nice! The POR food court can get very crazy. :crazy2: But they do have some great food! Looks like everything was off to a great start, well other than the less than enthused front desk CM. I hate when that happens.

Can't wait to hear more! :cool1:

Hey Shelly! The CM wasn't rude but she wasn't very nice either. Oh well! I was just happy to be there. And yes, the food court was kind of crazy. Still lots of good choices though! :thumbsup2

Hi,

I just found your trip report and have enjoyed reading it. I am getting ready to take my first trip to disney with just my daughter and myself in May, (have been on several family trips but this is the first daddy daughter trip).

I got a bit choked up reading about how your daughter is really growing up on you, my daughter is only 6 and I already find myself missing things from two years ago and really see her growing up.:confused3 They do grow so fast.

We are staying in a Royal room at POR a she still loves the princesses so your pics were a great preview of what the rooms look like.

Hi there, welcome, welcome! :wave2: Your trip in May with your daughter will be sooooo wonderful. I'm excited for you! I agree, they grow up too fast. It's hard as a parent watching that. You just want to stop time for awhile. I hope you love POR!

wiigirl
02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Just caught up on your TR! loving it. :)

Lovemy3babes
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
You are there!!! :cheer2:

The food looks good.

Which is why I was so hoping this trip would not be scratched during those times of doubt. ::yes::

Thanks for hoping for me MeMom! You know this all too well. :goodvibes

I know that feeling. Claire and I had that our first day too. Such a special moment.

your room looks awesome. that is my goal, to stay in a royal room next trip. Did the distance bother you at all?

It was definitely special. The distance wasn't bad. A little tiring once in awhile but no, not bad. :)

Love this!!!

I can totally relate to everything you stated. When me & my DD go on these trips together, I feel the same way.

I just love mom/daughter trips! It's such a great way to spend time with our "little girls"!

Thank you. There is something really special about moms and daughters. Thanks for hanging out here with me. :flower3:

A couple others copied that last paragraph too and I wanted to say how beautiful that is! Great sentiment and really sums up how we all feel about Disney and our kids. :thumbsup2:love: Well put!! I'm so happy that you guys made the trip!

The room is just beautiful - I've not seen pictures of the Royal Rooms before, but it is definitely an improvement over the old version of the rooms in the mansions. They were okay (we were there in 2008), but these are very pretty!
I'm glad you took LOTS of pictures.
Your food looks good too - I think that POR has one of the best QS on property - there are so many choices!

Hi Sheree! I don't remember seeing pictures of the old rooms. These ones are sure pretty. I'm so glad we gave them a try. Yes, POR has tons of food choices!! :upsidedow

Lovemy3babes
02-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Your room at POR looks amazing! We used to stay there often and I really loved it. :goodvibes

I will always, always try to find a seat at the front of the ME bus (on the way there, at least.) I love the video they show, and getting to see that sign! Can't wait to read about your MK night!

Ok, so I am not alone in my love of the front row. Woohoo! Morghan thought I was a dork. ;)

Wow, I want to stay in a Royal room! So pretty! Love all your pictures.

Port Orleans is so pretty. Never stayed there but have always wanted too.

I totally know that feeling. I had that last year with Jeremy on our mother/son trip.

Can't wait to hear about your MK day. :surfweb:

You should definitely try to stay there. Staying right there by the river is just really, really peaceful. I loved the vibe. :goodvibes

Your room at POR was beautiful! This made me tear up a little bit:

This is why these trips with our kids are so important. They are only young once and that time slips away so fast! It’s hard to believe my kids will be 14 and 10 soon, when I am pretty sure they were babies just yesterday! It looks like you and Morghan had a wonderful start to your trip and I am excited to read more about it!

Thank you Erin. Gosh am I having a hard time with this growing up thing. It seriously just stinks! :sad:

Just caught up on your TR! loving it. :)

Hey, hey!! Please stick around. :wave2:

brookelizabeth
02-20-2013, 03:58 PM
I am finally here and you have me in tears!!!

But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13. My daughter was a teenager and there was no rewinding time. She wouldn’t ever be my toddler or my preschooler. She wouldn’t let me choose her clothes or play Barbies with me. Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place. :goodvibes

:hug:

Beautifully said.

Cannot wait to hear more about it all!

DisMomAmy
02-24-2013, 07:56 AM
I love the room! And I love that you made this trip work for you & Morghan! :goodvibes

Lovemy3babes
03-01-2013, 04:23 PM
I am finally here and you have me in tears!!!

:hug:

Beautifully said.

Cannot wait to hear more about it all!

I'm in tears now too, re-reading that. There was just lots of emotion for me in this trip. I'm so happy you are here Brook! :hug:

I love the room! And I love that you made this trip work for you & Morghan! :goodvibes

Hi Amy! Thank you! I'm so glad it worked for us. :goodvibes I'm missing Disney a lot right now!

Lovemy3babes
03-20-2013, 01:09 PM
When I last left off, we were finishing up supper in the food court at POR, where we were staying. We had just checked in and had our whole trip in front of us! You know how exciting that feeling is. Darkness was falling so we gathered up our things and made the way back to our room. We lingered around the main pool for a while, checking out the sites there. By the time we got back to our room, I thought we would have our bags. But no-go. I was getting really sleepy. Travel days always make me super tired. I had carried on my laptop so caught up on some work while we waited for our bags. Finally about six hours after our plane landed, our bags made it to our room! We soon were asleep. :cloud9:

The next day was our Magic Kingdom day. This trip was very short (3 park days total) so we knew we had to make it a big day. And we always, ALWAYS start off in Magic Kingdom. Always! Morghan is not a morning person and is not fun waking up in the morning. :rolleyes1 Even while being in Disney World, I got some of that teenage attitude that morning. I had set the alarm so we could make rope drop with no problem. I was able to drag her out of bed finally and we left the room on time. It was a bright sunny October 16th morning in Florida. We grabbed some snacks from our room for breakfast so ate those while waiting for the bus. We didn’t wait long and soon we were at the Magic Kingdom!

Look how clear this day was!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/078.jpg

We stood in the rope drop line behind this cool guy. He had tons of Disney gear on. Look at all those buttons. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/079.jpg

Gosh, I love this place. This was the first time I have been there with the Halloween decorations and they are much better in person! I loved the look of them online but they are really something else up close. :goodvibes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/081.jpg

Soon it was time to get our Magic Kingdom on!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/082.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/084.jpg

Hello gorgeous-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/086.jpg

We saw these lovely ladies but did not stop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/087.jpg

Morghan is a dare devil! So she moaned a little bit about hitting Fantasyland first. Too bad, so sad. Peter Pan was first! She was happy there was no line and I told her that was my goal for the majority of the day! Moms usually know what they are doing. ;)

First ride of the trip!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/088.jpg

Then to Small World… Why do people complain about this? It’s a classic!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/091.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/093.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/094.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/096.jpg

Of course, no line there either. No more complaining, lol!

We skipped Winnie the Pooh out of compromise. I was bummed but didn’t let it show too much. It was her 13th birthday trip so we just moved on. Splash was next! It wasn’t hot but it wasn’t chilly so I was okay with this. We headed that way and again, just a walk on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/098.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/099.jpg

It’s funny when you rope drop, you see a lot of the same families on a lot of the same rides in the morning. Great minds! We ended up in line with a nice couple, with two boys. They boys were a lot of fun and were jealous that Morghan and I got to be in the first row for Splash. I would gladly switch my spot but again, Morghan is a daredevil!

These ride pictures kill me. Morghan laughs and I scream, very typical of the two of us. Ha!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/100.jpg

Continued in next post...

Lovemy3babes
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM
What fun!!!! I love Splash. And we only got a little wet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/101.jpg

Pirates was next.

My flash was off, I promise!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/102.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/104.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/109.jpg

The standby entrance for Jungle Cruise was 15 minutes so we decided just to get in line.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/111.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/113.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/115.jpg

It was a beautiful morning in Magic Kingdom and we were having excellent ride mojo! Rope drop is totally the way to go, for us anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/120.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/122.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/123.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/129.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/133.jpg

The funniest thing happened after we left Haunted Mansion. This lovely gentleman saw us and motioned me over to him. He told me he saw Morghan’s birthday button and asked if it would be okay if he sung to her. For sure! So, he took Morghan’s hand and gave the crowd a little history lesson about the town crier. He had asked me where she was born and I said Minnesota. He gave a funny little spiel about how we came from the “artics of Minnesota” and how pleased he was that we were there. He let her ring the bell he was holding as well. What an awesome cast member! He was hilarious!! :thumbsup2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/134.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/135.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/137.jpg

We were starving by then and had lunch scheduled at The Plaza at 11:15am. I’m so glad I made an early ADR at that point. We checked in and waited just a few minutes. It was freezing in there! We didn’t have jackets so that made it a little less enjoyable. The place is super cute though. It was a first for us. Look at my fancy water, in a glass bottle. Ha!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/139.jpg

Birthday girl! :goodvibes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/140.jpg

And her mom. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/141.jpg

Morghan ordered the turkey sandwich with fries and I ordered the club with the chips. Both were yummy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/142.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/143.jpg

Since we were on the dining plan, we got dessert. Good, good stuff…..
Morgs got the brownie sundae and I chose a hot fudge sundae.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/144.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/145.jpg

Both of the desserts were huge and we did our best to finish them all. The service there was great. The food was delicious. It was fast. The only downside was that it was a little chilly and eating ice cream made it a little worse. No biggie and we will definitely return! You don’t hear too much about The Plaza and I am so glad we gave it a try!

At that point, we were full and ready for some more fun! Where would we go next?!

jenseib
03-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Yay! You're back!
Those desserts look fabulous to me right now. What a great morning with so little wait on everything.

jerelle
03-20-2013, 08:25 PM
DD and I did a Mom & Daughter trip in Feb. Loving this. Keep it coming!:)

Mndisneygirl
03-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Hey there! How cute that the CM sung to Morghan!
And the ride mojo was definitely on your side! I have to go look and see where we were that day. I don't think it was MK though.

Those DESSERTS! OH MY!! :thumbsup2

Lovemy3babes
03-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Yay! You're back!
Those desserts look fabulous to me right now. What a great morning with so little wait on everything.

I'm finally back! Thanks for sticking around. Short waits are awesome!

DD and I did a Mom & Daughter trip in Feb. Loving this. Keep it coming!:)

Mom and Daughter trips are the very best I think! Thank you for reading.

Hey there! How cute that the CM sung to Morghan!
And the ride mojo was definitely on your side! I have to go look and see where we were that day. I don't think it was MK though.

Those DESSERTS! OH MY!! :thumbsup2

Hi Sheree! He was a super nice CM; just the way Disney makes them! I didn't eat breakfast today so those desserts are making me really hungry. Mmmm!

Momof2Disneyboys
03-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Great update Kelli! :goodvibes So glad you're back!!

I have the same trouble getting my 13 year old out of bed. :faint:

Looks like a beautiful morning at MK. And no waits so far, awesome!! :cool1: How great of that CM to make such a big deal of her birthday. Love it!

Your lunch looked great! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more!

Tink-erin-belle
03-21-2013, 04:19 PM
What a pretty day for your first day in the parks! MK has to be our first park, too. That guy with all of the pins looks REALLY tall! I like that picture of the castle. Cool angle! I personally LOVE it’s a small world! I’m glad to hear someone else does too. I think we are a part of a small group! :laughing: How cool that the town crier gave Morghan a little birthday pixie dust! Your meal at The Plaza losk really good – especially the chips! You’re right, you don’t hear much about that place. I think yours is only the second TR that mentioned going there! It must be a great place to get away from the crowds :thumbsup2 It looks like you had a lot of fun the first half of your day! I can’t wait to hear more!

Lovemy3babes
03-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Great update Kelli! :goodvibes So glad you're back!!

I have the same trouble getting my 13 year old out of bed. :faint:

Looks like a beautiful morning at MK. And no waits so far, awesome!! :cool1: How great of that CM to make such a big deal of her birthday. Love it!

Your lunch looked great! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more!

Hey there Shelly! Thanks for coming back over. Sorry for the delay! What is it with these kids and sleeping?! Seriously, WAKE UP!!! :coffee: It was the perfect day to start our trip!

What a pretty day for your first day in the parks! MK has to be our first park, too. That guy with all of the pins looks REALLY tall! I like that picture of the castle. Cool angle! I personally LOVE it’s a small world! I’m glad to hear someone else does too. I think we are a part of a small group! :laughing: How cool that the town crier gave Morghan a little birthday pixie dust! Your meal at The Plaza losk really good – especially the chips! You’re right, you don’t hear much about that place. I think yours is only the second TR that mentioned going there! It must be a great place to get away from the crowds :thumbsup2 It looks like you had a lot of fun the first half of your day! I can’t wait to hear more!

I think starting the trip with Magic Kingdom just stars everything out perfectly. Seeing that castle.... :goodvibes Do you love chips as much as me Erin? I'm a chip addict I think. Crunchy little salty pieces of goodness! Meee. I'm glad you are here!

DisMomAmy
03-30-2013, 08:12 AM
Off to a great start at MK!! What a fun experience with the singing CM! :thumbsup2

MeMom
03-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Oh, yes, that just arrived feeling is incredible!!!

The fall decorations are so pretty and just put a whole new atmosphere on Main Street. :)

Rope drop is the way to go for us, as well. Peter Pan first - excellent. :thumbsup2

I got the Plaza Club when we went, too. It was good, and since we were going straight back to the room, I took part of it with me. That is one fat sandwich!

What did Teen do in response to the corny Jungle Cruise jokes? I mean 'Hopefully, he'll get the point in the end' - did that get an eye roll? :laughing:

Love the serenade she got from the town crier. :goodvibes

Lovemy3babes
05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Off to a great start at MK!! What a fun experience with the singing CM! :thumbsup2

I just love the Magic Kingdom!! Hands down, it's my favorite park. :lovestruc

Oh, yes, that just arrived feeling is incredible!!!

The fall decorations are so pretty and just put a whole new atmosphere on Main Street. :)

Rope drop is the way to go for us, as well. Peter Pan first - excellent. :thumbsup2

I got the Plaza Club when we went, too. It was good, and since we were going straight back to the room, I took part of it with me. That is one fat sandwich!

What did Teen do in response to the corny Jungle Cruise jokes? I mean 'Hopefully, he'll get the point in the end' - did that get an eye roll? :laughing:

Love the serenade she got from the town crier. :goodvibes

The fall decorations were indeed gorgeous! I definitely should have saved part of my club sandwich. It was huge! You have great taste though MeMom. It was really yummy. Morghan really liked the Jungle Cruise and did some giggling! Thankfully the teenage attitude she gives me is just targeted at me and not anyone or anything else. Ha! ::yes::

I'm working on a new update!!!! I promise! :yay:

Lovemy3babes
05-02-2013, 01:11 PM
When I last left off so long ago (sorry!) we had just eaten an early lunch at The Plaza. I really recommend this. It was cute, quiet, out of the way and a good place to take a rest. The food was delicious!

We decided to tackle the last of the “Big 3” so headed to Space Mountain. I have to admit that Space is my least favorite of the three big ones. It feels super bumpy to me and I don’t like being in the pitch dark like that. But I do it and usually enjoy it. Morghan loves it! We planned on grabbing a FP and coming back but the wait was only 10 minutes. Well, don’t mind if we do!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/146.jpg
Morghan’s face slays me. She’s a ham.

We decided to go see the new Storybook Circus. I have to admit here that Morghan wasn’t all that thrilled with this idea. She’s 13 and is a typical teenage girl. She loves the big, fast rides so the words Storybook and Circus aren’t usually in her idea of fun. But too bad, so sad we’re checking it out. And yes, I got attitude from her. At this point of the day it really warmed up. We were up early after a travel day the day before. We probably should have taken a little afternoon break and came back. But we were short on time so were a little snippy with each other. Ack! We rode Barnstormer first after Morghan refused Dumbo. I feel too much of a dork riding by myself so no new Dumbo for us. :(

Barnstormer was fun though! Super short. Blink and you miss it. But fun!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/147.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/148.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/149.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/150.jpg

Next was Teacups. And boy did I get some attitude here. I think it went something like this:

Me: How about teacups?
Morghan: Teacups are a little childish, don’t you think?
Me: No. Teacups are Disney.
Morghan: Sigh………eye roll…..sigh…..texting to friends about how her mother is so lame.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/151.jpg

See how annoyed she is with me? Ha!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/154.jpg

We bought a cold water and did a little walking around to cool our bodies and our attitudes. Lol!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/155.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/156.jpg

Lookie what we stumbled upon? Yay!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/157.jpg

And I got an eye roll. But….later when we called home to check in, Morghan was telling her sister how very cool Under the Sea was. Teenagers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/158.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/160.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/161.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/162.jpg

Cute couple right here!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/163.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/164.jpg

The ride was in a soft opening so I wasn’t sure if we’d get to experience it. So I was pleasantly surprised! It was a little glitchy and the line moved slowly but it was still really great!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/166.jpg

Ok, so honestly this next part I am not proud of. It was the point of day I was exhausted. But it was too late to go back for a nap and then be able to make it to our dinner ADR. I’m not sure if you remember but I have to take Dramamine because I get severe motion sickness. Like it’s really bad and I cannot function. But on the flip side, Dramamine makes me a little sleepy. I push through that but all of this added up just made me a tired mama. So what did I do?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/167.jpg

I took the above picture and then fell asleep in the Hall of Presidents! For shame! How horrible am I? Oh my word, Morghan was embarrassed of me! But it was hot outside and so nice, dark and cool in there. Just the perfect storm for a quick snooze. She actually really enjoyed it and brought some new facts back for her Social class. She was not happy with her mom however! Don’t kick me off the Dis please! :sad1:

Lovemy3babes
05-02-2013, 01:11 PM
To Buzz we go!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/168.jpg

Morghan beat me. So that means she could forgive me! Lol!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/169.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/171.jpg

We both really wanted to go to Carousel of Progress next. This is a family favorite. I absolutely love the feeling inside here. The nostalgia. We sat in the front row.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/173.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/174.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/175.jpg

Time to get our People Mover on! I am cool sometimes so Morghan thought some of the facts I told her as we rode were pretty neat. And I was happy she was back to being my nice girl. :rolleyes1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/176.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/177.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/178.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/179.jpg

Yep…we did Stitch. I know, I know.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/180.jpg

LOVE Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor! L.O.V.E. We never get chosen though, bummer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/181.jpg

A little strolling around on that lovely Florida afternoon….

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/182.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/183.jpg

Here I have to say that I wish I was more comfortable asking strangers to take our photos. We barely have any together, which stinks. I just am not a super social person so feel really odd asking that of someone I do not know. Ugh.

I love this one!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/184.jpg

Time for one of these lovely treats. This has got to be my favorite Disney treat ever. The Dole Whip Float tastes as if it has been sent from Heaven above. Mmmm. Morghan got a root beer float but I didn’t snag a photo of hers. Shoot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/186.jpg

My pretty girl. I should have bought her this…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/187.jpg

I liked this one myself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/188.jpg

People were starting to come in for the Halloween party. I do have to say that a few of the costumes we saw weren’t exactly kid-friendly. I am not sure if they realized they were in the Magic Kingdom. Um, not very appropriate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/189.jpg

We wanted to take a quick train ride before we needed to leave for the day. So that we did next!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/190.jpg

This costume rocked! Where’s Waldo?!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/191.jpg

It was finally time for dinner! This ADR is one I was sooooo looking forward to. We couldn’t make it work on our last trip. I knew I was not going to going to Disney without eating here this trip! It was the very first one booked when my reservation window opened up. Any guesses???

Lovemy3babes
05-02-2013, 01:12 PM
‘Ohana it was!!! Oh yes. I could NOT WAIT. We took the monorail over to the Poly and checked in. We were a little early but used that time to go to the gift shop and buy forgotten toothpaste. It’s a necessity after all and I think I paid probably $3 for a tiny travel tube. Ha!! Only on vacation would that be okay with me. I used the ATM and stopped by the restroom as well. We waited for a little while with a very full waiting room but not for long.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/192.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/193.jpg

Our food was excellent! I cannot say enough good things. We tried everything. Some wasn’t my favorite but it was all pretty tasty. Here is where both my phone and camera died, which I was a little upset about. I wish I had thrown my charger in my bag that morning but totally spaced it off. I apologize for the lack of photos here. Let me just say it was worth the money. It was worth the hassle of getting the ADR. We both LOVED it! :woohoo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/194.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/135808_10152176626900046_930158294_o.jpg

The warm towels are a nice touch for sure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/195.jpg

Morghan thought so too. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/196.jpg

Me and my girl.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/284158_10152176644220046_577062306_n.jpg

From there, we ventured back to our resort. It was a long day. It was a tiring day. But it was also a really, really great day. I feel very fortunate to have been able to take my daughter to our Happy Place for her big day. She may have a teenage attitude sometimes but she is still one of my very favorite people on Earth, whom I love with my whole heart. I remember thinking of how full my heart was in ‘Ohana, sitting there with Morghan. After all, ‘Ohana means family. :goodvibes

disneylvr4vr
05-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Hello! I subscribed! Your meal at the plaza sounds delicious! You and megan sure got a lot of things done at the MK! Space mountain is my least favorite of the three as well. It is really bumpy and jerky! on my last trip, splash was down and we only rode space once, compared to riding BTMRR like 5 times (gotta love night xtra hrs!)

I really enjoy reading your trip report!

MeMom
05-03-2013, 04:45 AM
From there, we ventured back to our resort. It was a long day. It was a tiring day. But it was also a really, really great day. I feel very fortunate to have been able to take my daughter to our Happy Place for her big day. She may have a teenage attitude sometimes but she is still one of my very favorite people on Earth, whom I love with my whole heart. I remember thinking of how full my heart was in ‘Ohana, sitting there with Morghan. After all, ‘Ohana means family. :goodvibes

:love:

You did get a lot accomplished. :thumbsup2

'Ohana is one of our favorite dining destinations. We hope to be closing out 2013 with dinner there before fireworks on the beach.

jenseib
05-03-2013, 06:28 AM
great day. I think many people go into hall of presidents for a nap.

We tried Ohanas this past trip too. Sadly we weren't super impressed with the food. We didn't like the sauces on the meet so that made it kind of a bummer for us.

wiigirl
05-03-2013, 08:41 AM

:rotfl2:

Momof2Disneyboys
05-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Awesome update! :goodvibes Loving all the pics! You guys sure did do a lot that day. What a great day! :cool1: Sorry about the teenage attitude, I know all about it. :rolleyes: Good thing she seemed to get over it fast!

Love that you ended the day at Ohana! :cloud9:

Harters2WDW
05-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Great TR!! I am enjoying it.

I do, for one, enjoy It's a Small World! It's iconic!

What did you think of POR? We are staying there next month. Anything you recommend to do or avoid? It will be myself, DH, DD7 and DD3 (plus my sister's family!).

Lovemy3babes
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Hello! I subscribed! Your meal at the plaza sounds delicious! You and megan sure got a lot of things done at the MK! Space mountain is my least favorite of the three as well. It is really bumpy and jerky! on my last trip, splash was down and we only rode space once, compared to riding BTMRR like 5 times (gotta love night xtra hrs!)

I really enjoy reading your trip report!

Hi there! Thanks for joining me. :cheer2: Riding Big Thunder five times would be awesome!!!

:love:

You did get a lot accomplished. :thumbsup2

'Ohana is one of our favorite dining destinations. We hope to be closing out 2013 with dinner there before fireworks on the beach.

'Ohana is one of my new favorites for sure. I think fireworks following would be absolutely perfect MeMom. pixiedust:

We tried Ohanas this past trip too. Sadly we weren't super impressed with the food. We didn't like the sauces on the meet so that made it kind of a bummer for us.

Ok, so I am not an oddball falling asleep in there? I seriously could not even keep my eyes open. I didn't have any coffee that day, which was a big mistake! :coffee:

:rotfl2:

Yep! :lmao:

Awesome update! :goodvibes Loving all the pics! You guys sure did do a lot that day. What a great day! :cool1: Sorry about the teenage attitude, I know all about it. :rolleyes: Good thing she seemed to get over it fast!

Love that you ended the day at Ohana! :cloud9:

I was glad we were able to get so much done since we had just one day there. That teenage attitude is not a whole lot of fun, is it Shelly? :scared:

Great TR!! I am enjoying it.

I do, for one, enjoy It's a Small World! It's iconic!

What did you think of POR? We are staying there next month. Anything you recommend to do or avoid? It will be myself, DH, DD7 and DD3 (plus my sister's family!).

Hi! :wave: We really liked POR. It was a super pretty resort, being right there on the water. It was quiet and peaceful. You will like it! Are you getting a Royal Room?

bluejasmine
05-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Enjoyed the report so far!

I know a little something about teenage attitudes.. My oldest will be 21 in July, middle son is 19 (already moved out b/c like the 20 yr old doesn't like rules) and all that's left is my 16 yr old!

I took my DD for her birthday in 2011 to MVMCP as a surprise with her BFF and my DH and DM we came down for one day, stayed at CR and went to the party, had breakfast at 1900PF before leaving the next morning..

Lovemy3babes
05-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Enjoyed the report so far!

I know a little something about teenage attitudes.. My oldest will be 21 in July, middle son is 19 (already moved out b/c like the 20 yr old doesn't like rules) and all that's left is my 16 yr old!

I took my DD for her birthday in 2011 to MVMCP as a surprise with her BFF and my DH and DM we came down for one day, stayed at CR and went to the party, had breakfast at 1900PF before leaving the next morning..

Oh, whoever told me raising kids would be a piece of cake...lied! :lmao: It's a good thing they are cute! I think a surprise birthday trip would be amazing! Thanks for reading along with me.

Harters2WDW
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi! :wave: We really liked POR. It was a super pretty resort, being right there on the water. It was quiet and peaceful. You will like it! Are you getting a Royal Room?

No Royal Room. We want to stay near my sister's fam and since they are a fam of five, we will stay in AB.

Lovemy3babes
05-10-2013, 09:26 PM
No Royal Room. We want to stay near my sister's fam and since they are a fam of five, we will stay in AB.

It's a gorgeous resort! You will really enjoy it. :) And how fun to be there with your sister!

emmysmommy
05-11-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm enjoying reading your mother/daughter TR! I know the "time is fleeting" feeling so well. Those girl trips create some wonderful memories.

Your POR room is so lovely! I think they bring out the little princess in any girl. :)

DisMomAmy
05-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Fun day at MK! I know how it can be when you get hot, tired & a bit snippy! I'm glad you were able to turn it around quickly. :goodvibes

We saw a lot of Waldos on our MNSSHP night!

MelMel11
05-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Enjoying your TR.

Lovemy3babes
05-14-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm enjoying reading your mother/daughter TR! I know the "time is fleeting" feeling so well. Those girl trips create some wonderful memories.

Your POR room is so lovely! I think they bring out the little princess in any girl. :)

Hi Brenda! :wave2: Time is fleeting is a perfect way to describe it. It makes my heart very sad. I'm so happy we took this trip together and I hope more are in our future!

Fun day at MK! I know how it can be when you get hot, tired & a bit snippy! I'm glad you were able to turn it around quickly. :goodvibes

We saw a lot of Waldos on our MNSSHP night!

Hey there Amy! I just love the Waldo costume for some reason. :rotfl:

Enjoying your TR.

That is great! Welcome! :wave2:

Lovemy3babes
05-16-2013, 12:03 PM
When we last left off, we had just dined at ‘Ohana. This is a new favorite for sure! Wow, we were so impressed. Morghan was a little old to participate in the coconut races but that was sure cute to watch. We still have our leis hanging up in our house and I smile when I walk by them.

We thought we were being smart and were going to get off at a different bus stop than the main building one. It looked closer on the map. What a bad idea coming back in the dark with no idea where we were! Morghan and I seriously were running through the grass, in parking lots, looking like crazy people! We both had to go to the bathroom badly so that made it a million times worse. Oh boy did we laugh and laugh over that. Navigation is NOT our strong point. Haha!!

Anyway, the next morning we awoke bright and early. This was Wednesday, October 17th. We would be heading to Hollywood Studios in the morning and Animal Kingdom later that day. I’m usually not a fan of parking hopping (for us) but we only had three days and we both wanted to get into all four parks. So alas, we’d make it work golly gee.

We awoke to this gorgeous day. Seriously, can it get any better? It’s no wonder this is so many people’s “Happy Place”.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/200.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/200.jpg.html)

They were doing a little work around the pool this early morning.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/201.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/201.jpg.html)

Morghan brought a mascot with her from her social studies class. Each place he goes and is photographed, they get “points” for their team. Going to a new state would rack up some points! Flying on an airplane is even more points!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/202.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/202.jpg.html)

Port Orleans Riverside-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/203.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/203.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/204.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/204.jpg.html)

This morning we were going to use one of our CS credits on breakfast at the resort. We both chose the Breakfast platter. Mmmm! I love those potatoes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/205.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/205.jpg.html)

We ate up and soon we were at Hollywood Studios! We love thrill rides so were super excited for back to back Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/206.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/206.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/207.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/207.jpg.html)

Doing the Toy Story run-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/208.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/208.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/209.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/209.jpg.html)

I love rope drop times! 5 minutes!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/211.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/211.jpg.html)

Rope Drop also means not many and sort of blurry queue photos, sorry!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/212.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/212.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/213.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/213.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/216.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/216.jpg.html)

I finally beat Morghan so she was a little peeved at me. Ha!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/217.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/217.jpg.html)

I love the cast members here!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/222.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/222.jpg.html)

Good morning from Hollywood Studios!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0473FourBySix.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0473FourBySix.jpg.html)

We were about to get our scare on!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0475FourBySix.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0475FourBySix.jpg.html)

Look at this cute little picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0476FourBySix.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0476FourBySix.jpg.html)

Should we do some dropping?!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/223.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/223.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/224.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/224.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/226.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/226.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/228.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/228.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/230.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/230.jpg.html)

Lovemy3babes
05-16-2013, 12:04 PM
And drop, drop, drop we did!! Here we are. I’m screaming. Morghan is laughing of course.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/232.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/232.jpg.html)

Ready to rock?!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/233.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/233.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/234.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/234.jpg.html)

I love this view of ToT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/235.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/235.jpg.html)

Oh yeah!!!! I love RNR because you feel secure with the bars that go over your head. I’m always paranoid that I am going to lose my glasses though! That thing flies!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/238.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/238.jpg.html)

Redneck ride photo!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/239.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/239.jpg.html)

A little strolling after our back to back craziness
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/240.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/240.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/241.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/241.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/243.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/243.jpg.html)

Hello there Great Movie Ride!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/244.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/244.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/245.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/245.jpg.html)

This place is beautiful!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/246.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/246.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/247.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/247.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/248.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/248.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/249.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/249.jpg.html)

We had a female gangster. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/253.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/253.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/256.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/256.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/259.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/259.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/262.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/262.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/264.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/264.jpg.html)

When we were done there, we decided to check out the new Star Tours. I get really horrible motion sickness and on our last trip, this one about did me in. I was hoping it was a little smoother or something not so bad.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/266.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/266.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/269.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/269.jpg.html)

Nope. Not good. I kept my eyes closed. I just cannot do this kind of ride, even with Dramamine.
Dump shop-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/271.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/271.jpg.html)

Morghan didn’t want to get in this cute car. Boo!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/272.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/272.jpg.html)

Lovemy3babes
05-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Slap me on the wrist if you must but I still have never seen Fantasmic. Someday…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/274.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/274.jpg.html)

Crowds were picking up a bit, that late in the morning.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/275.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/275.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/276.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/276.jpg.html)

We planned on an early lunch and weren’t too excited about our options for a CS meal here. I did a lot of research on this one and thought Starring Rolls would be PERFECT for us. I was super excited about dessert especially!
Well, it is teeny, isn’t it? It’s a little hard to navigate your options in that tiny place. The outdoor seating is very limited as well. We had to stand with our trays for a few minutes before one opened up. Since it was just us two I couldn’t ask Morghan to save a table while I attempted to carry two trays of food. I also am not a fan of taking up a big table when you could easily fit at something smaller. I saw lots of that here. Holding tables, leisurely taking your time while there were poor people just wanting to sit down.

But our food was good! :thumbsup2

I got the ham and Morghan got the turkey. We both got chips, soda and Butterfinger cupcakes. My sandwich had no dressing, which is how I like it. Morghan's had some on it that she didn’t like so she scraped it off.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/277.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/277.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/278.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/278.jpg.html)

Before we left for AK, One Man’s Dream was on my list. I have always walked past here on other trips, so made a note not to miss it this time!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/281.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/281.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/282.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/282.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/283.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/283.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/285.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/285.jpg.html)

My heart ached a bit when I was here. I hope Walt is happy with his creations. I hope his parks are everything he wished they would be. The fact that Roy stepped in after his brother’s death brought tears to my eyes honestly. I’m a sap and it just made me feel emotional. It’s such a place of magic and wonder for so many, I am so thankful to Walt for providing this for us. We make memories with our families here. It’s a place where we can forget about the worries of the world for a little while. I just felt so blessed and grateful. :goodvibes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/288.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/288.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/289.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/289.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/291.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/291.jpg.html)

With that done, we decided to call it a day in Hollywood Studios.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0482FourBySix.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0482FourBySix.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0491FourBySix.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%20Photopass/Photo0491FourBySix.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/295.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/295.jpg.html)

I love the atmosphere here!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/296.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/296.jpg.html)

This hilarious lady was having fun with a family as we walked by and saw me taking her photo. She stopped what she was doing, didn’t say a word and just turned to me and posed. Hahaha!! Morghan and I laughed forever at her!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/297.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/297.jpg.html)

And with that, we were off to Animal Kingdom!! Woot!

Mndisneygirl
05-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Great update! I was :rotfl:at you two trying to find your way back in the dark!!

What a fun and productive morning at HS! LOVE Morghan's Twins shirt of course! You got some cute pictures of the two of you! I've never seen anyone with the "chip" magic picture before!

Those cupcakes are just ridiculous!

Someday you really do need to see Fantasmic!

MeMom
05-17-2013, 05:16 AM
Slap me on the wrist if you must but I still have never seen Fantasmic. Someday…

:sad:

But you are forgiven only because you did make time for...

Before we left for AK, One Man’s Dream was on my list. I have always walked past here on other trips, so made a note not to miss it this time!

:thumbsup2

Your POR pictures are nice. I love walking around that resort. It's so pretty and peaceful. I love walking along the river between POR and POFQ.

Getting lost in the dark and having a laughfest - that will be a sweet memory for the two of you for the rest of your lives. :)

wiigirl
05-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Great pics! :)

Lovemy3babes
05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Great update! I was :rotfl:at you two trying to find your way back in the dark!!

What a fun and productive morning at HS! LOVE Morghan's Twins shirt of course! You got some cute pictures of the two of you! I've never seen anyone with the "chip" magic picture before!

Those cupcakes are just ridiculous!

Someday you really do need to see Fantasmic!

It was a really fun morning at HS! I knew you'd like her Twins shirt for sure Sheree. ::yes:: Those cupcakes are seriously something else. You could share with the whole family and all would be satisfied!

:sad:

But you are forgiven only because you did make time for...

:thumbsup2

Your POR pictures are nice. I love walking around that resort. It's so pretty and peaceful. I love walking along the river between POR and POFQ.

Getting lost in the dark and having a laughfest - that will be a sweet memory for the two of you for the rest of your lives. :)

I promise I will try and get to Fantasmic in 2014, our next trip! :thumbsup2 MeMom, you would giggle at how crazy we looked in the dark. It is definitely something we will always remember.

Hi there, thank you! :)

jenseib
05-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Fun morning. I haven't been to Fantasmic ever either. I would like to see it, but I don't think Claire would yet at this point.
We tried Starring rolls for a cupcake for the first time in Nov and that cupcake was so yummy!

Lovemy3babes
05-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Fun morning. I haven't been to Fantasmic ever either. I would like to see it, but I don't think Claire would yet at this point.
We tried Starring rolls for a cupcake for the first time in Nov and that cupcake was so yummy!

Ok, then I don't feel so sad since you haven't seen Fantasmic either Jen. Shame on us! ;) Starring Rolls cupcakes are heavenly! So, so yummy!

Momof2Disneyboys
05-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Great update Kelli! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about getting off the bus at POR in the dark, those winding paths can be a little confusing! :upsidedow

Looks like a super great morning at DHS!! My favorite place to be! :cool1: Love RNRC, TOT, and GMR!! :thumbsup2 You got to do all those and more! :goodvibes I'm so glad you got to do One Man's Dream. It is very touching. ::yes::

I had the same feelings about Starring Rolls. It's WAY too small in there, hard to navigate, and not enough seating outside. We went once and I don't think we will go back. I had the ham sandwich and it had some pretty gross dressing on it. :eek:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day! :yay:

Lovemy3babes
05-21-2013, 10:04 AM

I know what you mean about getting off the bus at POR in the dark, those winding paths can be a little confusing! :upsidedow

Looks like a super great morning at DHS!! My favorite place to be! :cool1: Love RNRC, TOT, and GMR!! :thumbsup2 You got to do all those and more! :goodvibes I'm so glad you got to do One Man's Dream. It is very touching. ::yes::

I had the same feelings about Starring Rolls. It's WAY too small in there, hard to navigate, and not enough seating outside. We went once and I don't think we will go back. I had the ham sandwich and it had some pretty gross dressing on it. :eek:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day! :yay:

I knew you loved HS too Shelly! Our big kiddos sure love their big rides, don't they?! Morghan will be glad to know you felt the same way about the ham sandwich. She wasn't thrilled at all. :worried:

Lovemy3babes
06-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone! I finally have a small update put together. I decided to cut them a little shorter so I could update more often than I have been.

After we were all finished up at Hollywood Studios, it was time to head over to Animal Kingdom! I like to have a full day for each park but this trip was so short. We had to split two parks so we chose DHS and AK. I’m so thankful that Disney offers a bus between these two parks. How handy! (thank you to MeMom for the tip and photo of the bus board!) There were only a handful of people waiting for the AK bus and we did have a bit of a wait but not too, too long. Soon we were there!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/298.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/298.jpg.html)

There were lots of these cute little creatures all over the ground. Morghan wanted one as a pet! She’s a big animal lover and she hasn’t met one that doesn’t become a friend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/300.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/300.jpg.html)

Hello Animal Kingdom! It’s been too long!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/301.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/301.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/303.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/303.jpg.html)

This park is so beautiful! It’s very photogenic. There is just something about the way Animal Kingdom is as the day winds down. So peaceful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/304.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/304.jpg.html)

Look who we saw! DiVine!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/305.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/305.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/306.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/306.jpg.html)

People were milling about, very fascinated with her. I had not seen her in person so was excited to finally catch a glimpse. I’ve read about her before so thought to myself how lucky I was to actually see her with my own two eyes.

Seriously, do NOT forget your shoes! That would be bad.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/307.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/307.jpg.html)

Expedition Everest was first of course. We decided that Morghan would single ride first and we’d pull fastpasses for a bit later for both of us. I could only ride once but Morghan could ride over and over without getting sick. I love thrill rides but once is my limit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/313.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/313.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/312.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/312.jpg.html)

Then we headed over to the Safari. The crowds were quite busy this time of day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/315.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/315.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/316.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/316.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/318.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/318.jpg.html)

I will only post a few pictures since I am sure you have seen a million, billon of these.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/320.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/320.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/328.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/328.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/331.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/331.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/334.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/334.jpg.html)

If I were an elephant, I would definitely want to be a Disney elephant!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/338.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/338.jpg.html)

Lazy, sleeping kitties-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/342.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/342.jpg.html)

Time check for EE-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/345.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/345.jpg.html)

We had some time to kill so we thought a snack sounded good. Morghan wanted a Mickey ice cream bar and I wanted something I have read about on other reports and just had to try for myself. Guess what it was? I knew that they had these in Animal Kingdom but wasn't sure if they are in any other parks. Any ideas? A yummy jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel! I was on a mission and we looked everywhere for a cart that sold them. Oh yes! Morghan thought I was a little embarassing hunting this down like a fanatic. I asked a few CMs and was so thankful one finally knew what I was talking about when I described this spicy pretzel. I had it in my notes to remember to try!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/346.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/346.jpg.html)

(only at Disney would I pay $1.49 for ONE banana!!!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/348.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/348.jpg.html)

Yummy, right? It lived up to the hype!

We spotted this wonderful CM! Her and Morghan became friends quickly, chatting about various things. She's so pretty too and never stopped smiling! Just a genuinely nice person.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/347.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/347.jpg.html)

And Morghan also did something she had wanted to do for a long time. She got a henna tattoo! She was fabulous with Morghan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/349.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/349.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/350.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/350.jpg.html)

The henna tattoo was beautiful, very well done and lasted quite a long time. It's a great souvenir for a teenager. Of course Morghan had to text a photo to a hundred of her closest friends. You know how teenager girls are!

Where would we go next?

ProudMommyof2
06-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Signing on! I am dying to take my DD on a trip, just the 2 of us! So hard to justify all the expense on just the 1/2 the family.

You TR is making me more determined than ever :goodvibes
I may have to start a secret stash!

Momof2Disneyboys
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM

I don't think I knew they ran a bus between AK and DHS. How convenient!

Great pictures of AK! :) My boys love those little lizards at WDW! They actually caught one once and wanted to take it home, but I made them let it go! I know, I'm so mean. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

That's great that you got to see DiVine! DS14 and I saw her a few years ago. It was awesome to finally see her in person. Glad you found your pretzel and it was good. :thumbsup2 Morghan's henna tattoo looks very cute!

MeMom
06-12-2013, 06:21 PM
I promise I will try and get to Fantasmic in 2014, our next trip! :thumbsup2 MeMom, you would giggle at how crazy we looked in the dark. It is definitely something we will always remember.

I can totally see this being me and Jill. We laugh at everything when we get to Disney World. :laughing:

And I am holding you to that Fantasmic promise! ;)
When are you going in 2014?

People were milling about, very fascinated with her. I had not seen her in person so was excited to finally catch a glimpse. I’ve read about her before so thought to myself how lucky I was to actually see her with my own two eyes.

That was good that you got to see DeVine, since you had not seen her before. She's kinda cool, but she also kinda creeps me out. I like to see her just to a) get a picture and b) watch the reactions of others, but I'm not one for standing there watching her for long.

We had some time to kill so we thought a snack sounded good. Morghan wanted a Mickey ice cream bar and I wanted something I have read about on other reports and just had to try for myself. Guess what it was? I knew that they had these in Animal Kingdom but wasn't sure if they are in any other parks. Any ideas? A yummy jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel! I was on a mission and we looked everywhere for a cart that sold them. Oh yes! Morghan thought I was a little embarassing hunting this down like a fanatic. I asked a few CMs and was so thankful one finally knew what I was talking about when I described this spicy pretzel. I had it in my notes to remember to try!

Yummy, right? It lived up to the hype!

I had a small section of one of these a long time ago, but I can't remember now if it was too spicy/hot for me. I don't know if I didn't eat more just because I was sharing, because I wasn't hungry, or because it was too much. I guess I'll have to try again so I can remember. :upsidedow

We spotted this wonderful CM! Her and Morghan became friends quickly, chatting about various things. She's so pretty too and never stopped smiling! Just a genuinely nice person.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/350.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/350.jpg.html)

Awww, that's fun. Friendly castmembers make for special moments in a trip. :)

Mndisneygirl
06-12-2013, 10:08 PM
It's almost bedtime, so I'm too tired to quote. I'll try to remember what I wanted to comment on.

You WILL see Fantasmic! 2014 isn't very far away!! Do you have dates yet?

Those cupcakes from Starring Rolls are just huge! Ridiculously HUGE! But I can eat the whole thing!
Glad that you got to squeeze in a lot between the two parks in one day. I'm trying to remember whether I knew there was a bus between DHS and AK. :confused3 It seems like something I should know, but maybe not!

Devine - yeah, cool and creepy at the same time. Not sure what I think about her.

I tried a jalapeno pretzel for the first time at AK in October too! Pretty dang good!

I think that CM might have done one of my girls' henna tattoos also! I should go back and look at the pictures and see if she's in them.

Ok, that's all I can think of now.

Lovemy3babes
06-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Signing on! I am dying to take my DD on a trip, just the 2 of us! So hard to justify all the expense on just the 1/2 the family.

You TR is making me more determined than ever :goodvibes
I may have to start a secret stash!

Oh, a mother daughter trip is so, so much fun! I really hope it works out for you to go someday. :goodvibes Thank you for reading!

I don't think I knew they ran a bus between AK and DHS. How convenient!

Great pictures of AK! :) My boys love those little lizards at WDW! They actually caught one once and wanted to take it home, but I made them let it go! I know, I'm so mean. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

That's great that you got to see DiVine! DS14 and I saw her a few years ago. It was awesome to finally see her in person. Glad you found your pretzel and it was good. :thumbsup2 Morghan's henna tattoo looks very cute!

Hi Shelly! You are so horribly mean! lol!!! I would say the same thing! Us moms have to stick together you know. Can you imagine bringing home a kidnapped Disney lizard?! :rotfl:

I can totally see this being me and Jill. We laugh at everything when we get to Disney World. :laughing:

And I am holding you to that Fantasmic promise! ;)
When are you going in 2014?

That was good that you got to see DeVine, since you had not seen her before. She's kinda cool, but she also kinda creeps me out. I like to see her just to a) get a picture and b) watch the reactions of others, but I'm not one for standing there watching her for long.

I had a small section of one of these a long time ago, but I can't remember now if it was too spicy/hot for me. I don't know if I didn't eat more just because I was sharing, because I wasn't hungry, or because it was too much. I guess I'll have to try again so I can remember. :upsidedow

Awww, that's fun. Friendly castmembers make for special moments in a trip. :)

Hey MeMom! You are so lucky to be in Disney right now. I am leaning towards October or November 2014. DeVine is a little creepy, yes. Very neat to look at but definitely on the creepy side. :rolleyes1

It's almost bedtime, so I'm too tired to quote. I'll try to remember what I wanted to comment on.

You WILL see Fantasmic! 2014 isn't very far away!! Do you have dates yet?

Those cupcakes from Starring Rolls are just huge! Ridiculously HUGE! But I can eat the whole thing!
Glad that you got to squeeze in a lot between the two parks in one day. I'm trying to remember whether I knew there was a bus between DHS and AK. :confused3 It seems like something I should know, but maybe not!

Devine - yeah, cool and creepy at the same time. Not sure what I think about her.

I tried a jalapeno pretzel for the first time at AK in October too! Pretty dang good!

I think that CM might have done one of my girls' henna tattoos also! I should go back and look at the pictures and see if she's in them.

Ok, that's all I can think of now.

2014 is definitely not too, too far away, is it Sheree? I need to keep that in mind as I have had the Disney blues lately. I'm glad you enjoyed the pretzel as well. Yum!! It would be neat if your girls had the same henna CM! She was super nice. :)

mousetravel
06-14-2013, 11:21 PM
We LOVE Fantasmic! Hope you get to see it next time!!

I have got to try to get me one of those Butterfinger cupcakes. Hope they have them when we go on our trip.
Looks yummy!

jenseib
06-17-2013, 05:38 AM
Your pretzel looks yummy. How spicy is it? I have thought about getting one, but I can only handle a little bit of jalapeño.

SnowWhite607
06-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Following along on your TR.....taking a mother daughter trip with my girl (who will also be 13 at the time) in March 2014. Some of your posts make me want to cry.......about her being so grown up. I feel the same way! I cant wait to make some memories with my girl!

Lovemy3babes
08-23-2013, 03:58 PM
We LOVE Fantasmic! Hope you get to see it next time!!

I have got to try to get me one of those Butterfinger cupcakes. Hope they have them when we go on our trip.
Looks yummy!

Fantasmic is definitely on our next time list! The cupcakes were so rich but so good! :thumbsup2

Your pretzel looks yummy. How spicy is it? I have thought about getting one, but I can only handle a little bit of jalapeño.

It was super yummy! It was a little spicy but not much at all. I don't like things really hot and this wasn't at all. :)

Following along on your TR.....taking a mother daughter trip with my girl (who will also be 13 at the time) in March 2014. Some of your posts make me want to cry.......about her being so grown up. I feel the same way! I cant wait to make some memories with my girl!

Hi there! Welcome! I have cried more than once about this growing up thing. It is so, so hard. I'm thrilled you are taking a special trip as well! :goodvibes

I'm still here readers and have not abandoned you. I promise! This summer had been really busy at work and with no trip in the very near future, it's honestly kind of depressing. I will try my hardest to get an update in next week. Morghan and I are hoping for another trip together next October! (2014) I'd love to go with the whole family but they just aren't interested. :sad: So I will be taking Morghan with me FOREVER as she's my fellow addict! :thumbsup2

Lovemy3babes
01-07-2014, 02:51 PM
I cannot believe it has been so long since I have updated this Trip Report. Like seriously, it’s 2014! Ack! We took the trip in October 2012 so it’s seriously long overdue. I have the Disney blues so that’s my excuse. I’m hoping the budget allows for a 2014 trip. We will see.

When I last left off, we were in Animal Kingdom and Morghan had just gotten a neat henna tattoo. We thought we’d mosey through some of the gift shops next. I had my eyes out for a very specific souvenir that I had seen only on the Dis. I knew that AK was the place to get it. Any guesses?!?!???

I got this wonderful, large, fun coffee mug! I love it to this day and drink my morning coffee in it every, single morning – no lie. I LOVE it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/351.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/351.jpg.html)

Ok, marked that off my list. Off to It’s Tough to Be a Bug! Both Morghan and I love this!

5 minute wait…score!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/352.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/352.jpg.html)

Cute little Disney birds
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/353.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/353.jpg.html)

I absolutely love the carvings here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/354.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/354.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/356.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/356.jpg.html)

And the funny signs/posters
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/358.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/358.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/360.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/360.jpg.html)

Me and My Girl, who is now MUCH older…sigh
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/362.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/362.jpg.html)

With that done, we were on our way.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/363.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/363.jpg.html)

I don’t wear glasses now (I got PRK eye surgery this summer) so even I look so different.

Guess where we were?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/365.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/365.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/368.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/368.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/370.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/370.jpg.html)

She’s ready!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/372.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/372.jpg.html)

So was her mom!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/373.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/373.jpg.html)

I was a little scared. Morghan always just laughs, the nut.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/377.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/377.jpg.html)

Lovemy3babes
01-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Next….
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/378.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/378.jpg.html)

And this lug was just walking around.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/379.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/379.jpg.html)

And this one too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/380.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/380.jpg.html)

Our next goal was Dinosaur. I absolutely adore this ride. This one I laugh during.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/382.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/382.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/385.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/385.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/388.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/388.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/391.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/391.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/393.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/393.jpg.html)

A few yummies-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/394.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/394.jpg.html)

And then we just walked for a while. Animal Kingdom to me is so fun to photograph!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/396.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/396.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/399.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/399.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/400.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/400.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/401.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/401.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/404.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/404.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/405.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/405.jpg.html)

It was time for us to head out. We had dinner plans.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/407.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/407.jpg.html)

Feeding time, which we watched for a while.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/411.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/411.jpg.html)

Back to Port Orleans Riverside!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/413.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/413.jpg.html)

Next….our most memorable character meal ever!

Momof2Disneyboys
01-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Great update Kelli! :goodvibes I'm so glad you are back!!

I love Dinosaur too! I am looking forward to going to AK this time. We skipped it last time. And it will just be DS14 and I. DH and DS12 don't want to go!

Mndisneygirl
01-07-2014, 04:06 PM
YAY! an update from Kelli!! You must be trapped in the house from the cold!

Love the Twins shirt!

I too have the famous DIS AK mug!! I love it!! :lovestruc

AK is a fun place to wander - there's so much to look at! I might try EE one of these years. Tried to talk the girls into it last trip, but they weren't having any of it. They see how high it goes up and think it goes straight down from there. Despite all the ride videos we show them.

So, I wonder where dinner will be???? :confused3

jenseib
01-07-2014, 07:43 PM
I am still here too!

fun afternoon. I love to take pictures at AK too.

Lovemy3babes
01-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Great update Kelli! :goodvibes I'm so glad you are back!!

I love Dinosaur too! I am looking forward to going to AK this time. We skipped it last time. And it will just be DS14 and I. DH and DS12 don't want to go!

Hi Shelly! :wave2: Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I hope you and your oldest son have fun in AK! You two remind me a lot of Morghan and I for sure.

YAY! an update from Kelli!! You must be trapped in the house from the cold!

Love the Twins shirt!

I too have the famous DIS AK mug!! I love it!! :lovestruc

AK is a fun place to wander - there's so much to look at! I might try EE one of these years. Tried to talk the girls into it last trip, but they weren't having any of it. They see how high it goes up and think it goes straight down from there. Despite all the ride videos we show them.

So, I wonder where dinner will be???? :confused3

Sheree, how did you know I was so stinkin cold?! Perhaps because you live in this arctic tundra as well! Heehee. :rotfl: I'm glad you love that mug too. It's my favorite. I hope you can get the girls on EE, just even once.

I am still here too!

fun afternoon. I love to take pictures at AK too.

Hi Jen!!! AK is pretty, especially in the evening. Love it! :goodvibes

wiigirl
01-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Great update! :)

Lovemy3babes
01-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Great update! :)

Hi there, thank you! :)

Donald Duck888
01-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Glad to see you back. I enjoy reading your trip report.

Me and My Girl, who is now MUCH older…sigh

This quote made me sad though.

I took my daughter last year at the age of 6 and now she is approaching 7 and the change in her is so significant. Don't get me wrong it is great to see her growing up and becoming more of her own person but part of me really misses that complete "innocence" of youth that seems to slip away little by little. :confused3

On a happy note though her and I are going back for our second (hopefully to become annual) daddy daughter trip in May. :cool1:

Donald Duck888
01-08-2014, 02:19 PM
I don’t wear glasses now (I got PRK eye surgery this summer) so even I look so different.

This one made me laugh in that where as you no longer need glasses I on the other hand had to get my first ever pair of reading glasses after having 20/20 vision my whole life. LOL

Lovemy3babes
01-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Glad to see you back. I enjoy reading your trip report.

This quote made me sad though.

I took my daughter last year at the age of 6 and now she is approaching 7 and the change in her is so significant. Don't get me wrong it is great to see her growing up and becoming more of her own person but part of me really misses that complete "innocence" of youth that seems to slip away little by little. :confused3

On a happy note though her and I are going back for our second (hopefully to become annual) daddy daughter trip in May. :cool1:

Hey there, thanks for reading along with me. I apologize for my absence. It makes me sad too. Why do they have to grow up so quickly? I think it is so amazing and awesome that you take her on daddy & daughter trips. That seriously warms my heart. :goodvibes

This one made me laugh in that where as you no longer need glasses I on the other hand had to get my first ever pair of reading glasses after having 20/20 vision my whole life. LOL

They told me those are coming! I get to enjoy glasses-free life for awhile but will most likely need reading glasses when I get a little older. I feel older so I'm sure they are coming soon! :rotfl: It's heck getting old, isn't it?!

Donald Duck888
01-08-2014, 08:16 PM
It's heck getting old, isn't it?!

It sure is.:confused3 I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy Disney so much. When I am there i feel like a kid again in so many ways. :thumbsup2

MeMom
01-09-2014, 07:25 AM
It was a nice treat to check in and have your fun updates. :) I would love to be walking around Animal Kingdom today taking pictures of a thousand little details.

Lovemy3babes
01-09-2014, 09:08 AM
It sure is.:confused3 I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy Disney so much. When I am there i feel like a kid again in so many ways. :thumbsup2

Me too! :goodvibes

It was a nice treat to check in and have your fun updates. :) I would love to be walking around Animal Kingdom today taking pictures of a thousand little details.

Hi MeMom! I'm so glad you have popped in as I've been thinking about you lately. I hope you are on the mend. I know how much you love photos so shall we hop on a plane to AK today? I'm game! ;)

Lovemy3babes
01-24-2014, 11:35 AM
When I last updated, we had just hopped a bus back to Port Orleans Riverside. We wanted to freshen up a bit before dinner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/414.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/414.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/415.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/415.jpg.html)

We did so and then it was quickly time to get going to a beautiful resort Morghan had not yet visited. We also needed a ride on the monorail. So we took a bus ride, then took a monorail ride to Grand Floridian! Unfortunately for my pocket book, my lovely daughter fell in love with this beautiful resort. It's totally not my style but right up her alley. Lucky me! ;)

She seriously was star struck.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/416.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/416.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/417.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/417.jpg.html)

Guess where we were eating?! Well 1900 Park Fare of course. Morghan and I have a very similar sense of humor. We like the snarky funny stuff. I thought dining here at dinner time would be perfect for her 13th birthday celebration.

We saw a little dancing first of all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/418.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/418.jpg.html)

The dinner buffet was good for us. We aren't picky, we aren't fancy. Put some hot food out that tastes good and is recognizable and were satisfied. I do like buffets so you can try lots of different things.

However, the memorable part of the evening was the character interaction. They were seriously the best ever. There was sooooo much playing around! Our bellies hurt from laughing out loud.

First up was Anastasia and she was the cutest thing. She really liked Morghan and told her all about her life. She complained about how Cinderella gets all the praise and she gets ignored. The best part of the story is when she talked about how cranky her mother is. She is made to rub her feet at the end of long days. It was said with such disgust that we could NOT stop giggling.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/419.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/419.jpg.html)

(gosh her makeup is hilarious!)

Well then her mother came around. First we took this photo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/420.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/420.jpg.html)

Then we made a little mention of how her daughter rubs her feet. What happened next we still talk about. She literally screamed to Anastasia across the room and made her come back to our table. Anastasia did in a way that was mopey because she knew she was in trouble! She chastised her in front of everyone loudly, called her out and asked why she was talking about her feet and made her apologize. It was a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!! She was the best stepmother ever. So convincing!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/421.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/421.jpg.html)

Our Cinderella was nice but wasnt really into the whole funny thing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/422.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/422.jpg.html)

This handsome dude came and wished Morghan a super special birthday.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/423.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/423.jpg.html)

I remember posting this one on Facebook that evening and got some great responses about how Morghan is just too young to date quite yet. Heehee!

Mom too! :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/424.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/424.jpg.html)

Drizella was mad at her sister and mom both she explained. She also wasn't a Cinderella fan. Lol!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/425.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/425.jpg.html)

I had forgotten to take food pictures for awhile! I'm sorry. I really love looking at other peoples food photos so had to slap myself on the hand.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/426.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/426.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/427.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/427.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/428.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/428.jpg.html)

I had Morghan when I was 19 so I'm kind of a young mom I guess. But when we left the photopass guy who tried to sell us our photos would utterly not believe I was her mom. He kept saying sister and he was being dead serious. He still didn't look like he believed me after I explained the whole age thing. It was flattering I guess.

We took a little mosey on out of there. Morghan was in Heaven checking out all the beautiful sites.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/429.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/429.jpg.html)

We monorailed it back to Magic Kingdom because it was open late that night for MNSSHP. I had played around with the idea of going to the party but we were really tired at that point. I'm glad I didn't spend the money on tickets but still hope to do the MNSSHP some day because I hear such great things.

Bad firework photos as we were talking to the bus stop:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/430.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/430.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/431.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/431.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/434.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/434.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/436.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/436.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/437.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/437.jpg.html)

We bused back to POR and walked back to our room. We were in a Royal Room, which isn't too far of a walk. But when it's late and you have been walking all day long, it feels like you are walking ten miles. Soon we were washed up and in our beds. I know we were both out within minutes!

It had been a long day and a great night. Our food was good. The characters were the absolute best! Morghan found her dream resort. It was just a really fun, fun night with my daughter. She's even older now. I'm coming to the realization that we only "have" her for a handful of years before sending her out into the real world. It's sad to me to think about not being able to see her face every day. I hope that we set her up with a good foundation and wonderful memories. It's hard watching your kids grow up. I think this is why Disney is so special to me. It's my Happy Place. It's where I hold such tender memories with my children. I'm blessed. :lovestruc

Up next&
Our last park day! Boo.

Momof2Disneyboys
01-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Great update Kelli! :goodvibes What an awesome evening. You and Morghan remind me so much of DS14 and I. I can not think of my life without him being here everyday without literally starting to cry. I hate the thought of him being out of HS in just a little over 3 years. Crazy. :faint:

We ate at 1900 PF about 5 years ago. The kids had a blast. Your update makes me want to take them there again!!

Well, it looks like Miss Morghan has found her dream resort. :cloud9: I happen to know a pretty awesome travel agency that gets super awesome deals for the GF if you can ever travel in the late summer!! :thumbsup2

Great update, thanks for sharing!! :goodvibes

MeMom
01-24-2014, 01:24 PM
It had been a long day and a great night. Our food was good. The characters were the absolute best! Morghan found her dream resort. It was just a really fun, fun night with my daughter. She's even older now. I'm coming to the realization that we only "have" her for a handful of years before sending her out into the real world. Its sad to me to think about not being able to see her face every day. I hope that we set her up with a good foundation and wonderful memories. Its hard watching your kids grow up. I think this is why Disney is so special to me. Its my Happy Place. Its where I hold such tender memories with my children. Im blessed. :lovestruc

You are truly blessed. In the future, you may not see your kids every day, but the time you spend together will continue to be so special and so treasured. And most likely, when they come to visit, they're going to be dragging along a carload of little kids that belong to them, and that makes things even more lively and special. ;) I am guessing that you have done a most wonderful job with your almost grown-up girl, and she's going to be an amazing young woman, friend, wife, and mother. ::yes::

Loved seeing the POR pictures. It's such a serene place. I love visiting there, but have not yet stayed there.

Lovemy3babes
01-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Ok, first of all I had to go back and edit my entire TR post. For some reason, it took out all of my apostrophes. Yikes! Sorry for the poor-looking grammar people. That's embarrassing! :blush:

Great update Kelli! :goodvibes What an awesome evening. You and Morghan remind me so much of DS14 and I. I can not think of my life without him being here everyday without literally starting to cry. I hate the thought of him being out of HS in just a little over 3 years. Crazy. :faint:

We ate at 1900 PF about 5 years ago. The kids had a blast. Your update makes me want to take them there again!!

Well, it looks like Miss Morghan has found her dream resort. :cloud9: I happen to know a pretty awesome travel agency that gets super awesome deals for the GF if you can ever travel in the late summer!! :thumbsup2

Great update, thanks for sharing!! :goodvibes

Your big guy is a freshman too Shelly? What happened to the early years?!? I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling so sad about this. You two also remind me so much of Morghan and me! If that trip were ever a possibility, I'm so glad I know someone so awesome!! :cloud9:

You are truly blessed. In the future, you may not see your kids every day, but the time you spend together will continue to be so special and so treasured. And most likely, when they come to visit, they're going to be dragging along a carload of little kids that belong to them, and that makes things even more lively and special. ;) I am guessing that you have done a most wonderful job with your almost grown-up girl, and she's going to be an amazing young woman, friend, wife, and mother. ::yes::

Loved seeing the POR pictures. It's such a serene place. I love visiting there, but have not yet stayed there.

Aw MeMom. Why do they grow up so fast? I know how much your love your grandbabies. That must be a special relationship, in a different way than your own children. You are so blessed as well! You are right, POR is serene! Walking along that water is wonderful. :goodvibes

wiigirl
01-24-2014, 03:11 PM

Mndisneygirl
01-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Great update - what fun at 1900 Park Fare! Those stepsisters are a hoot!

It is too bad that the kids seem to grow up in about 5 minutes, but I'm sure you have instilled great values in your kids and you and Morghan have that special Disney bond - you will be able to do it again and have more fun in the future. :thumbsup2

mousetravel
01-25-2014, 01:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/351.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/351.jpg.html)

I bought the same mug on our last trip! I love it!!

So glad you're back for updates!! Can't wait to hear more!

Lovemy3babes
02-07-2014, 12:33 PM

Well, thank you! :thumbsup2

Great update - what fun at 1900 Park Fare! Those stepsisters are a hoot!

It is too bad that the kids seem to grow up in about 5 minutes, but I'm sure you have instilled great values in your kids and you and Morghan have that special Disney bond - you will be able to do it again and have more fun in the future. :thumbsup2

The stepsisters are so great. I'm so glad I decided to book, even if some aren't too fond of the food. Thanks Sheree! A Disney bond is so right! :goodvibes

I bought the same mug on our last trip! I love it!!

So glad you're back for updates!! Can't wait to hear more!

That mug rocks! Good choice! It's huge and is adorable. What more could one want?! :hyper: Thanks for reading along with me. Sorry I was MIA!

Lovemy3babes
02-20-2014, 01:50 PM
When we woke up the next morning we both were a little sad. We had such a fun night prior and this was our last full day. That’s always a gloomy feeling, isn't it? :guilty: And we had that yucky envelope under our door! I hate that thing.

But first we had a full day to enjoy! Epcot was calling our name! We got ready and headed down to the bus stop so we could make it in time for rope drop.

We made it with plenty of time to spare!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/439.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/439.jpg.html)

So did lots of others as you can see. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/440.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/440.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/441.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/441.jpg.html)

Rope Drop commenced and off we went. I love this pretty ball.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/442.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/442.jpg.html)

From all angles –

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/443.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/443.jpg.html)

Remember it is February in Minnesota. It is awful. :scared: This winter has been depressing and brutal. I opened this picture today and just sighed. We do NOT have these in Minnesota.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/444.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/444.jpg.html)

Where did we go first you may ask? Well here of course!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/445.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/445.jpg.html)

Soarin' is always first for sure for our family at Epcot. I will take the a 10 minute wait anytime!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/447.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/447.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/452.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/452.jpg.html)

We had a fun ride like usual. Once off we grabbed a FP for a little later and hoped we could use it for a second ride that day.

Epcot is just so pretty. *sigh* I'd love to be there right now!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/453.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/453.jpg.html)

Next up was a new experience. I had heard about Sum of All Thrills. It was not there the last time we visited. Or maybe it was but just brand new? I can't remember. I wasn't that excited about it to be honest. Morghan and I love to read books. Video games aren't really our thing. We aren't techy kind of peeps. My son Dimitri on the other hand loves games, designing, stuff like that. But I thought we only get to WDW every other year or so, sometimes even less sooooooo we may as well give it the old college try. I had read great things from others so we both were on board! I thought it was kind of hard to find but I'm a moron who can't read maps. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/454.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/454.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/457.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/457.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/458.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/458.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/461.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/461.jpg.html)

Morghan loves Art so designing was fun for her!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/462.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/462.jpg.html)

I let her do the work while I just hung out and took photos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/464.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/464.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/465.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/465.jpg.html)

What was the consensus? Did we like it?! Yes! It was fun. The wait is a little long since only a handful are let in at a time but I’m still glad we did it. We still have the cards that we were given with our ride experience.

Hello beautiful-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/467.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/467.jpg.html)

What's next? I have to mention that we were going to have a late morning breakfast. It was an ADR meal scheduled for 10:40am. I thought this would be a great way to get into the park, experience a few things and then have a bigger meal. We had done that over in AK on our last trip at Tusker House and it worked perfectly. I was a little worried about getting there in time since we'd be going to a whole new resort we had not yet visited and would be walking to get there. One more before we went to eat. Any ideas? Mission Space! I tricked Morghan and we went into the Green side. Once she figured it out, boy was she mad at me. :sad2: I get motion sickness really easily while she is a daredevil nut. I got attitude from her for sure! I would have tried it but just didn’t want to be queasy for our meal and waste a dining plan credit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/469.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/469.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Lovemy3babes/Disney%202012/470.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Lovemy3babes/media/Disney%202012/470.jpg.html)

It was fun! Not super crazy like Morghan would have liked but we still enjoyed it. I am pretty sure she got over being upset with me too. I offered to wait while she went on the Orange side but she declined. At this time I remember feeling a little homesick for my other kids. On our prior trip, Dimitri was six. He was finally tall enough to hit some of those bigger rides. While in Epcot, I let the kids decide what we wanted to do that night. They each got to choose one thing and no matter the wait time, we would do it. Well Dimitri picked Mission Space because he loves that kind of stuff. I remember his little face being all lit up once we got off the ride. He was so excited he had been tall enough and had so much fun! I remember that night and wanting to be nowhere else on Earth but right there with the little people who I love so very much. It was just one of those perfect Disney nights that you will also recall fondly. When Morghan and I got off, right at that moment I remembered that and missed the rest of my kids a lot. But we were having a lot of girly fun together so I just tucked that memory into my heart and we moved on.

We had gotten those three biggies out of the way and then we were ready for breakfast/early lunch/brunch/food! Where do you think we went?

Momof2Disneyboys
02-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Loved the update Kelli! :goodvibes I just love Epcot!!

Sounds like a wonderful morning. Three great rides and now off to breakfast. I'm guessing you were walking over to the BC for breakfast.... Cape May?

I'm sorry you were missing your other little ones. That must have been so hard!! You are right - we all have memories of those perfect nights at WDW that will stick with us forever. :cloud9:

Mndisneygirl
02-20-2014, 03:26 PM
As I sit here looking out at the snow globe in which we are currently living, thank you so much for those palm trees!!!!

Now I have to go shovel snow...:sad:

Hmmm, where are you going next??

Lovemy3babes
02-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Loved the update Kelli! :goodvibes I just love Epcot!!

Sounds like a wonderful morning. Three great rides and now off to breakfast. I'm guessing you were walking over to the BC for breakfast.... Cape May?

I'm sorry you were missing your other little ones. That must have been so hard!! You are right - we all have memories of those perfect nights at WDW that will stick with us forever. :cloud9:

Hey Shelly, thanks! Sorry it was so short. I've been trying to do them in smaller chunks so it doesn't take me so much time between the updates. Did you say Cape May?! Bingo you smart girl! :thumbsup2 Those perfect Disney nights are what keeps us coming back. You know what I mean.

As I sit here looking out at the snow globe in which we are currently living, thank you so much for those palm trees!!!!

Now I have to go shovel snow...:sad:

Hmmm, where are you going next??

I hate Minnesota this winter Sheree. Ok, hate isn't a nice word. I dislike this winter very much! Come and gaze at the palm trees anytime you like! :goodvibes