PDA

View Full Version : It Truly was the Nightmare at Thanksgiving Disney Trip!- update 4/5 pg 10

jeremysdisneymom
01-09-2013, 12:51 PM
I have debated back and forth doing this trip report. Why? Well 1. I am bad about other things keeping me from updating my trips reports and feel like I lose my readers. 2. It truly was the worst trip I ever took to WDW. 3. I have been in a "I don't care if we go to Disney or not funk" until just a few days ago.

Before you click away, I am no longer in the Funk. If anything, I am in the "how can I squeeze a WDW trip in" funk. There will be no disney hating in this report because it really wasn't Disney that made the trip a nightmare. It was all the things that happened before, during, and a lot after. There will be a lot of drama, a lot of firsts, and a lot of frustration.

So, if you are up to this nightmare, stay with me because it will literally be a BUMPY RIDE! :scared1:

Introductions

For those of you who don't know me and my boys, here are the introductions.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1725_zps7561bcce.jpg

I am Erika, aka jeremysdisneymom. Disney enthusiast and an avid planner (well most of the time) of all our Disney vacations and any other jaunts we go on. I fell in love with Disney when we first took DS six years ago. It truly is a magical place to me. I get giddy when I see the sign, when I first step onto Main Street, and was especially giddy this trip when I first stepped into the new Fantasyland. I am an accountant, finance manager by day. I am DS troop committee chair for boy scouts. If you read my other reports, you know that I used to be the uber-volunteer. I have learned my lesson. Passed on my PTO Presidency this year and finally closed out my work on the local hospital board I served on in December. It has been nice and calm to be home more at night and really focus on me again. Some of you know I had a lap band 2 years ago. However, if you knew that, you can tell that I am a classic back slider of the surgery and have gained about 20 pounds back. :confused3 The picture above doesn't lie. I am back on focus and the weight is coming off again. :thumbsup2My favorite character is Daisy. I have a lot of favorite resorts but probably my heart belongs to the Wilderness Lodge. My favorite restaurant is Be Our Guest. My favorite park is MK with Epcot a close second.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1727_zpsd6e99061.jpg

Next up is DH, aka Tom. He is our workaholic in the family. He works for the local sheriff's office by day and most nights and weekend you will find him as the EMT for our local squad. He is the scoutmaster of DS boy scout troop. He used to be a resistor but that changed after a few years. He is the one who is constantly wanting to add points to DVC, which will cause a major snag on one of our vacation days. :( His favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge. I think his favorite character would be Grumpy if he was in the parks daily. His favorite restaurant is Be Our Guest, probably more than mine. He still raves about that place and wanting to go back there. His favorite park is probably Epcot.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1713_zpse4a6dd25.jpg

I saved the best intro for last!!! The reason this all started and the apple of our eye-DS Jeremy. He is an honors student that loves boy scouts and 4-H. He is now playing the drums in band. But most of all, he :love::love::love: Disney! There is not a day goes buy he doesn't talk about something Disney. He aspires to be an Imangineer one day and will tell you what rides he wants to build, what he would enhance, his thoughts for a new land or park. I could go on and on and on.... I don't think Jeremy has a favorite resort. He likes them based on pools so that would be the Beach Club right now. Jeremy doesn't have a favorite character. He truly loves them all and it is a true rare delight when he will get a picture with them now. Yes, I have a tween and all the fun that goes with it!:eek: His favorite restaurants are probably San Angel Inn (for sitting near the ride), Le Chefs de France (for seeing Remy), and Be Our Guest (for the atmosphere). His favorite park is MK.

Our vacation was November 16-26. It will include WDW and our first Disney cruise. There will be stays at BLT and the Beach Club. There will be travel drama. There will be things that go missing. There will be sickness that runs in the family. There will be a magical green apple and oh the powers it has. There will be instances where I felt like I was on the same trip at this time last year. But there will be lots of fun amongst the nightmare and lots of pictures to document our adventure.

So, stick around, hold on to the rails, cause it is going to get very BUMPY very SOON!

Up Next (later this afternoon if all goes well):
Numbing Medicine that won't go away
The Nightmare that Started this Trip (I wouldn't wish this on my worst Enemy)
Something goes crash, boom in the night
My Meltdown
Will DH turn around and go home like I ask?
And, the best pizza I ever ate

loveysbydesign
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm in!

jeremysdisneymom
01-09-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm in!

:)Welcome! Glad to have my first reader!

StitchsGurl
01-09-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm going to join in as well!

CtinaDitty
01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
I am SO in!!! Sounds like an adventure!!!

CtinaDitty
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm in!!! Sounds like an adventure!

Blah! Sorry for the double post.

Marsheliz
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Joining in as well...
Our September trip was very bumpy and I felt the same way as you at first.. " Dont care if we ever go back" Now, I am itching to go..
Can't wait to hear about Be Our Guest, it was booked when we went. :(

Mariep26
01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Joining in too! Hi!

jeremysdisneymom
01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm going to join in as well!

:welcome: Glad you are here!

I am SO in!!! Sounds like an adventure!!!

:welcome: It was quite the trip! Not the best we have ever had for sure.

Joining in as well...
Our September trip was very bumpy and I felt the same way as you at first.. " Dont care if we ever go back" Now, I am itching to go..
Can't wait to hear about Be Our Guest, it was booked when we went. :(

:welcome: Ours was literally bumby! We had a lot to deal with when we came home that didn't help the situation. You will learn why here in a few. I am getting ready to update again. We :love: Be Our Guest. It is our favorite on property now.

As of right now, we are not planning on WDW this year, but who knows that could change. However, we are planning on DL in November. :banana:

Joining in too! Hi!

:welcome: Glad to have you.

jeremysdisneymom
01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Joining in too! Hi!

I should have said Welcome Home Neighbor!!! We own at BLT too!

meajuly5
01-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Joining

jeremysdisneymom
01-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I am on a roll today so let's get to updating!! :thumbsup2 Be patient as the first part is pretty wordy.

Friday, November 16, 2012-Departure Day

If you have read my other reports, you know that it is rare that we fly. We are 14 hours away (in Ohio) and under normal circumstances, not a bad drive. We typically drive during the night (avoiding Atlanta at rush hour) and make really good time. We have typically seen the Florida state line in the wee hours of the morning. Our main reason for driving is I won't pay the extra money for a rental, it is cheaper than flying, and DH likes having a car if we are going to be there for a long period of time. Plus, it made sense due to the fact that we were going on a cruise.

So, on this Friday, Tom heads to work until 2 and then home for some rest.

Jeremy heads to school. We typically leave once school is out but he had a party afterwards that day for doing well on state testing. :headache: I was a little upset that it was putting a wrinkle in my plans, but in hindsight, it was for him doing well so there would be no argues from me. So, party was over at 6:30, pick him up, get him to shower, and then head out. Easy peezy.......or at least I thought. :confused3

My day consisted of being off work, finishing cleaning the house and packing, taking the cat to my mom's in Kentucky, and going to the dentist in KY to fix my tooth. Found at that I had cracked my very back tooth. He had to numb me. He did this at 2:00 in the afternoon. It finally wore off at 9:00 that night. :scared1: I was miserable. Tom couldn't even understand me talking when I got home. My entire side of my face was numb. I couldn't eat. It was a job trying to put on makeup. Lipstick was totally out of the question. I didn't think it could get worse.

Well, it did................but in a much different way.

Now, what I am about to tell you is what I consider to be one of a parent's worse nightmares for their child. I debated putting this out there but you have to know what happened to understand our frame of mind. At 6:00 that evening, Tom goes to pick Jeremy up from school. He comes home and I could instantly tell that something was wrong. He tells Jeremy to go get a shower and then tells me what Jeremy has just told him in the car.

For those of you that may be new to my reports, Jeremy is in 5th grade. He is super tall for his age and quite backward. He gets picked on a lot at school. He will not talk back to anyone if they are being mean to him and usually walks away. It frustrates his Dad horrible. Tom thinks he needs to defend himself more since he is the bigger kid and most often it is kids his age who are quite smaller than him that pick on him. I totally disagree. I was a lot like Jeremy at his age and understand what he goes through. I would rather avoid the confrontation at that age than meet it head on. Well, I guess a child had been giving Jeremy a hard time for a while and Jeremy had been asking him to leave him alone. So, in Science class that day the child passed Jeremy a note that basicly said for Jeremy to quit telling him to leave him alone or this would happen--it showed Jeremy on the ground shot with the other child standing over him. It was very descriptive with words depicting the entire event.

I will tell you that it literally took the breath out of me when Tom told me. That is my baby and you never think of that happening to him, especially at school. Jeremy got out of the shower and then I got angry. The school never called us to let us know what happened. The teacher sent both students to the office so Jeremy could tell what happened. There is a long distance from Jeremy's room to the office and the other child should have never been allowed to walk up there by himself in my opinion. We were furious and had no idea what to do. Tom said to go ahead and get prepared to leave and we would head up by the school. No one was still there. We are friends with the school secretary so Tom called her and she said that the child had been suspended for 2 days.

I am going to make a long story short as we dealt with this when we came back off vacation until we ended up having to involve the courts on December 21st. The school never reported it to law enforcement--we did. The principal would not move the child to another homeroom as she thought it would be hard for him to make new friends since he was new to the district but would move Jeremy if we wanted. We met with her and the superintendant who backed her of course. We went to the school board who voted 3-2 in favor of administration. By the time we met with them it had been a month and the other 3 didn't think it was an issue since things had been fine since then. So, we went to juvenile court and they ordered the child moved and he has been. It has been a trying month. I have cried. I have been worried hoping he is safe each day. It was very stressful and I hope no one ever has to go through it.

So, with all that said, we left home with A LOT on our minds.

We had a late dinner that night at Cracker Barrel in Lexington, KY. I took over driving. So even though we had 3/4 tank of gas, I decided to stop and fill up before we got on the interstate. So, with everything on my mind, I head out and the next thing I know I am going over the curb at the gas station and then down into a hole and I hear crunching of the car!!:scared1: Tom is instantly out of the car, upset, and VERY mad at me. I have tore up the side running board on the passenger side. The car was okay and we could still go on but I was visibly torn up about EVERYTHING so he decided to drive.

We get a couple miles down the road and I am bawling. Cannot stop. And I am begging Tom to just turn around and head home. This trip was already a disaster and quite honestly, I didn't want any part of it.

continued in next post...

jeremysdisneymom
01-09-2013, 03:53 PM
So, as you know, he didn't turn around. He drove for another hour and then I got myself together and we took turns throughout the night. We stopped in Tiffin, Georgia and had breakfast at none other than Cracker Barrel. We are a predictable family.

And, at about 11 am we were home!!! I will have to get Jeremy's pictures as I think the sign are on his camera. Tom spotted the first Disney landmark (I think it was the ToT) so he got to choose the first ride when we got to the parks.

We pulled into BLT and our room was ready. We have stayed BLT before. I know a lot of people don't like the resort theming or lack thereof, but I love staying so close to the MK.

This was waiting on us when we got to our room. I think we were on the 14th floor, Lake View.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1702_zps1c8091db.jpg

And this was in the kitchen.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1703_zps08a35b96.jpg

And here was our awesome view!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1704_zps76332397.jpg

The pool was calling our name so Jeremy and I hit the pool. Tom rested for a while and then joined us. I actually went down the slide once with Jeremy but the water was too cold for my liking. We got lunch at the bar there. Just two sandwiches that we split. The sun kept moving and I was getting aggravated of warding off the lizards, so we headed in to change.

We headed to Downtown Disney for some shopping and to find something for supper.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1705_zps28d8194f.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1707_zps3592286a.jpg

Jeremy wanted to ride the carousel. I think he was getting anxious since he was so close to the parks but they would be after the cruise.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1708_zps0698b3bb.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1712_zps4bac768c.jpg

Up Next:

the best dinner we have ever ate off property
will we make it Top of the World Lounge on time
what did I forget the night before at Downtown Disney

ENSOCK
01-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Can't wait to read more. Hope your trip gets better! From one mother to another, :hug:!

nkereina
01-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Subscribing! I am in shock of the story over your son. I can't even believe the school! In this day and age, they should be over the top with how they handle - not try to sweep it under the rug. Good for you for taking it further. I hope it has all worked out. Best wishes to your son! :goodvibes

ProudMommyof2
01-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Subbing. So sorry about what your son and family went through!! My DS has the opposite problem of being quite small for his age. One day while talking to an adult friend of mine who is quite tall, he told me he always got bullied in school. He said most kids figured if they could take the biggest kid in the class out that would cement their status as tough and cool. It is never easy being a kid :hug:

I hope your DS finds peace!

MelMel11
01-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Im in. Sorry for what your son and your family went through. We are going Thanksgiving 2013 so I cant wait to hear more!!

jeremysdisneymom
01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Joining

:welcome: Glad to have you here.

Can't wait to read more. Hope your trip gets better! From one mother to another, :hug:!

:welcome: It does.....to some degree!!! There are a LOT more bumps in the road. Thanks. It has been a rough month but things are looking up. :)

Subscribing! I am in shock of the story over your son. I can't even believe the school! In this day and age, they should be over the top with how they handle - not try to sweep it under the rug. Good for you for taking it further. I hope it has all worked out. Best wishes to your son! :goodvibes

:welcome: Glad you are here! The situation has finally opened the school boards eyes to what the school administration is doing wrong. We have a principal who is new to our area and this is her first administrative job. She is very naive in things and has no discipline whatsoever. Teachers are discouraged to send disruptive students to the office. If they don't handle it in class and send them, it counts against their evaluation which I think is ridiculous. I really think she thought we wouldn't take it this far. It is time for change and if I have to be the one to do it, then we will. Jeremy is doing much better and feels safe in class now. He didn't the last month and was always worried about what the other child was going to do to him. There were many times we thought of keeping him home. I appreciate your well wishes. :)

jeremysdisneymom
01-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Subbing. So sorry about what your son and family went through!! My DS has the opposite problem of being quite small for his age. One day while talking to an adult friend of mine who is quite tall, he told me he always got bullied in school. He said most kids figured if they could take the biggest kid in the class out that would cement their status as tough and cool. It is never easy being a kid :hug:

I hope your DS finds peace!

:welcome: Glad to have you here! Wow, I never thought about taking out the big kid in class as being tough. I bet that does happen a lot. I cannot fathom how children treat one another nowadays. Some can be sooo cruel to others in just what they say. I really feel for them and I really do for this boy who did this to Jeremy. It is obvious that the behavior is not being addressed at home. The school has told me that the parents are getting him help but that is all they will really say. They did tell me that the boy's parents called to see how much we knew as they were afraid he wouldn't get into scouts. I think that infuriated me more as in my opinion, that should be the least of their worries.

DS is doing much better. He is back to laughing and enjoying going to school since things have changed. I can tell a big difference. That is a lot to put on a child to see yourself drawed in a picture that way. :)

Im in. Sorry for what your son and your family went through. We are going Thanksgiving 2013 so I cant wait to hear more!!

:welcome: Glad to have you here!!! This makes our third trip Thanksgiving week. I will tell you I thought it was more crowded this trip but I think it could have been all the other stuff going on in the trip was clouding my judgment and my overall frustrations. Plus, it was preview week for Fantasyland. I have a lot of good pictures of all the Christmas happenings that was going on. I hope you enjoy and will get some good info for your trip. :)

eandesmom
01-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Oh Erika! My heart just fell to the floor reading this. I can't even imagine going through that as a parent, or a child. I am shocked at the school's position to be honest. While I get that the other boy clearly needs help and nurturing, saying they'd move Jeremy and not him is frankly rewarding the behavior. Lord, if it were me I'd probably have been researching other schools, figuring out all my options instead of fighting it as you did and taking it to court. As brutal as this has been, Jeremy is truly blessed to have you as his mom and advocate.

Is this boy in scouts with Jeremy? While I could see scouts being beneficial for him I hope it's a different pack.

I am so glad that all of you, and the car were ok and Jeremy was able to get to his happy place. I know Eric gets picked on quite a bit as well, for different reasons but picked on nonetheless, and I do think that is part of his Disney obsession. It's such a safe, happy wonderful place. As an adult, with that hanging over you, oh, not a good start.

Lovely room though!

I'm here, and don't worry about sharing the good, the bad and the ugly. Life is all of that and even Disney can't always fix it much as we wish it could. I'm glad you are over your funk, and feel ok sharing your story.

MeMom
01-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Rough start, for sure, but I am glad you kept going. Hopefully the good outweighed the bad when it was all said and done.

That's an awesome view from the room. :thumbsup2

It's hard to be a kid these days. Soooo much peer pressure earlier and earlier to be 'tough' or what some kids consider 'cool'. I tell my students that it's so not cool to be anti-authority or anti-learning or to aggravate or bully people, and unfortunately, it's going to be too late for those kids one of these days when they are trying to be cool and it goes too far. Hopefully Jeremy will find comfort in his friends and have his good group of kids to hang out with and be involved with.

merbobear
01-10-2013, 06:02 AM
I am subscribing! The "bumpiness" of your trip intrigues me...Don't get me wrong, I love the happy, shiny, bubbly perfection that a lot of TR's offer, but sometimes I'm like "Really...nothing annoying happened on your entire trip?" lol

I am absolutely disgusted by how your son's school handled the entire threat situation, but I am glad that you went to law enforcement and kept pushing the issue until the right thing happened (which should have happened in the first place!). Really...separating them and putting the "bad" kid (for lack of a better word) into a different room is a complete no brainer to me! I can't believe that they were basically acting like he was a poor victim and trying to protect him from needing to make new friends. Considering he was handing out a death threat to his current classmates, I doubt that friendship is the first of his worries. Furthermore, I hope that his parents are being proactive about getting their son some counseling as it seems he needs someone to talk to about his emotions and needs help figuring out how to become a normal teen.

I have to say, I wonder if this same situation happened TODAY, would it be taken more seriously? Everyone is on "high alert" now about guns & violence, I could see it become more of a situation where the child would have been removed from the school in handcuffs (which should have happened in the first place, imo!).

Sorry to go on and on..I am just flabbergasted at how they (mis)handled the situation. How is your son doing now? I'm sorry that he gets picked on..and I hope that it stops. My dd is about to be 5 and in our district's PreK program and there are "mean girls" already at that age. She often comes home and says that she has no friends and that kids are mean (upon talking to her teachers, she does have many friends, but I think what happens is one or two negative things happen during the day and she really lets that impact her entire view of the day). It breaks my heart so I can feel where you are coming from when kids are being mean to your ds.

Anyway, epic "I'm subscribing" post over, can't wait to read another update!

Poolrat
01-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Joining in. On the road now so this will be short.

I just want to give both you and Jeremy a big :hug: for all that school drama.

I have had issues with both mine but nothing like that.

PracPerfPatricia
01-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Erika,

I'm really glad to see you back and so glad you decided you to go a head and write this report...:goodvibes

I am absolutely enraged for you and Jeremy about that entire incident at school. I am enraged for all of us. It isn't ok for the teachers/administrators to ignore or make "light" of that kind of situation and it isn't a great environment for Jeremy to have to deal with on a daily basis -regardless of his size- he is a 5th grade boy...that's so young to deal with that cr*p... & the whole tragedy in in Connecticut makes that picture totally unacceptable...

As tiring as it is, I think you did the right thing... I also think that it's really important for you (as I'm sure you have) make sure Jeremy realizes what a great kid he is...:goodvibes You talked about scouts; any activity he loves that can be done in a group is a good opportunity to build his self esteem and make friends with like minded kids...:goodvibes

In the mean time... it sounds like your school administration needs some lessons not just on school safety issues but basic human decency as well... the messages for not tolerating those behaviors comes from the adults... that other kid obviously needs some intervention as well...

It's not ok for them to hope it goes away or ignore it... You are a great mom and awesome advocate... He is very luck to have you... He sounds like such a great kid and you have to know that he has a lot of gifts and ultimately he'll prevail...

Hugs for both of you...:hug:

jeremysdisneymom
01-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Oh Erika! My heart just fell to the floor reading this. I can't even imagine going through that as a parent, or a child. I am shocked at the school's position to be honest. While I get that the other boy clearly needs help and nurturing, saying they'd move Jeremy and not him is frankly rewarding the behavior. Lord, if it were me I'd probably have been researching other schools, figuring out all my options instead of fighting it as you did and taking it to court. As brutal as this has been, Jeremy is truly blessed to have you as his mom and advocate.

Is this boy in scouts with Jeremy? While I could see scouts being beneficial for him I hope it's a different pack.

I am so glad that all of you, and the car were ok and Jeremy was able to get to his happy place. I know Eric gets picked on quite a bit as well, for different reasons but picked on nonetheless, and I do think that is part of his Disney obsession. It's such a safe, happy wonderful place. As an adult, with that hanging over you, oh, not a good start.

Lovely room though!

I'm here, and don't worry about sharing the good, the bad and the ugly. Life is all of that and even Disney can't always fix it much as we wish it could. I'm glad you are over your funk, and feel ok sharing your story.

I am truly the blessed one. Jeremy is a good kid and really doesn't give us much grief.

We contemplated changing school districts, even looked into it. I just didn't want Jeremy to get the message that this was okay. We had adamantly and very LOUDLY told the the administration that Jeremy would not be moving classes. In all honesty, our principal just doesn't get it. She actually told us that the kid was crying in her office that day and she thought he felt remorseful because he cried. She doesn't have kids of her own so she doesn't naturally grasp their antics I believe. If our old principal had been there it would have been dealt with immediately with a much harsher punishment that would have sent a message to all students that it wasn't tolerated.

The boy is not in scouts. He wanted to join in Sept but our group was only going to be cub scouts for 3 months and then were crossing over to boy scouts. He was supposed to call us in December to join. I think it was the parents intent for him to join us and that is why she asked how much we knew about the incident. I have checked with our council and we don't have to accept him since there are several troops in our area. I don't think they will ask to join in light of the court situation, but who know! People never cease to amaze me. :)

jeremysdisneymom
01-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Rough start, for sure, but I am glad you kept going. Hopefully the good outweighed the bad when it was all said and done.

That's an awesome view from the room. :thumbsup2

It's hard to be a kid these days. Soooo much peer pressure earlier and earlier to be 'tough' or what some kids consider 'cool'. I tell my students that it's so not cool to be anti-authority or anti-learning or to aggravate or bully people, and unfortunately, it's going to be too late for those kids one of these days when they are trying to be cool and it goes too far. Hopefully Jeremy will find comfort in his friends and have his good group of kids to hang out with and be involved with.

He did get better but there is still a lot of drama to come! :confused3 Some days were much better than others. It is probably our most interesting trip to Disney.

I liked the view. So odd seeing hardly no one in the pool either. It sure wouldn't look that way at spring break or summer.

I truly don't know how you teachers do it. I am in awe at how you all keep it together with all the issues that go on in the classroom. :thumbsup2

jeremysdisneymom
01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I am subscribing! The "bumpiness" of your trip intrigues me...Don't get me wrong, I love the happy, shiny, bubbly perfection that a lot of TR's offer, but sometimes I'm like "Really...nothing annoying happened on your entire trip?" lol

I am absolutely disgusted by how your son's school handled the entire threat situation, but I am glad that you went to law enforcement and kept pushing the issue until the right thing happened (which should have happened in the first place!). Really...separating them and putting the "bad" kid (for lack of a better word) into a different room is a complete no brainer to me! I can't believe that they were basically acting like he was a poor victim and trying to protect him from needing to make new friends. Considering he was handing out a death threat to his current classmates, I doubt that friendship is the first of his worries. Furthermore, I hope that his parents are being proactive about getting their son some counseling as it seems he needs someone to talk to about his emotions and needs help figuring out how to become a normal teen.

I have to say, I wonder if this same situation happened TODAY, would it be taken more seriously? Everyone is on "high alert" now about guns & violence, I could see it become more of a situation where the child would have been removed from the school in handcuffs (which should have happened in the first place, imo!).

Sorry to go on and on..I am just flabbergasted at how they (mis)handled the situation. How is your son doing now? I'm sorry that he gets picked on..and I hope that it stops. My dd is about to be 5 and in our district's PreK program and there are "mean girls" already at that age. She often comes home and says that she has no friends and that kids are mean (upon talking to her teachers, she does have many friends, but I think what happens is one or two negative things happen during the day and she really lets that impact her entire view of the day). It breaks my heart so I can feel where you are coming from when kids are being mean to your ds.

Anyway, epic "I'm subscribing" post over, can't wait to read another update!

:welcome: So glad to have you here!

I should have mentioned earlier and totally forgot. Something major had happened at our high school while we were in Florida and we knew nothing about it when we had met with administration. The very next day after our meeting the word had finally gotten to the news in Cincinnati and Tom knew all about it when he went back to work. A 19 year old had a very detailed plan with a list and was planning to go into the high school. He had been expelled two years earlier for the very same thing but it too had never been reported to law enforcement and no parents were notified. The boy was holding a very BIG grudge against certain teachers in the schools. Tom said that he was not mentally stable and it could have been worse had a friend not tipped off law enforcement. Now, the judge did give the 19 year old bond which someone paid and he was arrested 2 days later as he had started another plan. I think I was even more furious with Jeremy's situation after we found out what was happening in the high school and the school administration was still blowing us off.

I know that in light of the tragedy in December, our local police department has put a policeman in both buildings each day. Teachers are now locking their classrooms and students are not allowed to be in the hallway without an adult. I also know that the school board is finally taking a proactive approach to dealing with these situations. We have had long talks with the two that voted in our favor and I do feel better that they are monitoring the situation.

I know what you mean about you DD. We used to have those days with Jeremy. Kids can really be mean to each other at times. It is very sad.

Really glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy!

jeremysdisneymom
01-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Joining in. On the road now so this will be short.

I just want to give both you and Jeremy a big :hug: for all that school drama.

I have had issues with both mine but nothing like that.

I know you are on the road so you might not see this for a few days, but have fun!!! :cool1: Good luck with your run!!!

:hug: Thanks for the hug!!! It has been a rough month but things are getting better and settlng down.

jeremysdisneymom
01-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Erika,

I'm really glad to see you back and so glad you decided you to go a head and write this report...:goodvibes

I am absolutely enraged for you and Jeremy about that entire incident at school. I am enraged for all of us. It isn't ok for the teachers/administrators to ignore or make "light" of that kind of situation and it isn't a great environment for Jeremy to have to deal with on a daily basis -regardless of his size- he is a 5th grade boy...that's so young to deal with that cr*p... & the whole tragedy in in Connecticut makes that picture totally unacceptable...

As tiring as it is, I think you did the right thing... I also think that it's really important for you (as I'm sure you have) make sure Jeremy realizes what a great kid he is...:goodvibes You talked about scouts; any activity he loves that can be done in a group is a good opportunity to build his self esteem and make friends with like minded kids...:goodvibes

In the mean time... it sounds like your school administration needs some lessons not just on school safety issues but basic human decency as well... the messages for not tolerating those behaviors comes from the adults... that other kid obviously needs some intervention as well...

It's not ok for them to hope it goes away or ignore it... You are a great mom and awesome advocate... He is very luck to have you... He sounds like such a great kid and you have to know that he has a lot of gifts and ultimately he'll prevail...

Hugs for both of you...:hug:

Patricia, I am so glad you are here! :)

Jeremy is doing better and seems excited to go to school now. I can't say that he was in December. I know he was worried and has expressed us to different things that the other child would do that made him nervous. There were many times we thought of keeping him home. We would go to work and call each other wondering if we did the right thing sending him or not. It is a tough call to take a stand when it is your child in the line of fire.

I know that the few parents who knew about the situation and what we were going through have thanked us for taking the stand because so many parents don't. I have even had teachers thank us so I know the administrative environment cannot be good for them as well.

So glad to have all my dis friends. :hug:

If all goes well, I will have an update coming today with some good news for once!!!

jeremysdisneymom
01-10-2013, 09:53 AM
I just want to tell all of you what an inspiration you have been to me this morning. I couldn't help but cry as I set at my desk reading your nice comments and words of support.

Tom and I didn't tell a lot of people what was going on. Some knew from their child being in class with Jeremy but it was really a handful of people that was close to us. We only told my parents as Tom didn't think it would bode well on his parent's health. They are much older and not in the best health, both physically and mentally.

It was nice to finally speak freely of what we had been going through and to know I was among friends---some really great Dis friends who totally get me and my addiction! Thank you for being there and taking time out of your busy days to lend me support.

Lots of hugs to all of you!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

MEK
01-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'm here! :cool1:

Tinkerkell123
01-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Wow! I am so sorry about what happened to Jeremy and just stunned about the way the school handled that! Unbelievable... Looking forward to the rest of your TR and am glad you are already wanted to go back for a re-do!

Marsheliz
01-10-2013, 10:24 AM
I am so sorry that you guys have had to deal with that. My children are only 4 and 15 months and that is something that I have worried about with them with bullying etc. when they get older.
Good job mama for not ignoring it!
Looks like you guys had a perfect view!

eandesmom
01-10-2013, 10:33 AM
I just want to tell all of you what an inspiration you have been to me this morning. I couldn't help but cry as I set at my desk reading your nice comments and words of support.

Tom and I didn't tell a lot of people what was going on. Some knew from their child being in class with Jeremy but it was really a handful of people that was close to us. We only told my parents as Tom didn't think it would bode well on his parent's health. They are much older and not in the best health, both physically and mentally.

It was nice to finally speak freely of what we had been going through and to know I was among friends---some really great Dis friends who totally get me and my addiction! Thank you for being there and taking time out of your busy days to lend me support.

Lots of hugs to all of you!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Given what you've shared about the HS situation, even better that you fought for the district to address it. It sounds as if the administration needs to wake up, big time. While no one wants to believe that this is going on, or that it isn't just a joke, that kids just don't "get it" when they say stuff like that, the reality is showing us very different things. We need to find a balance of keeping our kids safe and helping those that need help, get help.

Do I necessarily think an officer at school is the right answer? No. But listening to our kids, taking what they say seriously and enforcing it goes a long long long way. I am still utterly shocked at the lax enforcement at levels in your district and saddened that it took a tragedy for them to begin to change ways but we can only hope that good ultimately comes out of the very bad. You made a difference Erika, in not only your child's life, but who knows how many. And equally as important, you taught Jeremy to fight for what's right, and not walk away.

beachta1
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your son, hopefully your trip was a small getaway from all of the drama. I'm disappointing to hear how the school handled the situation considering how violent the note and picture were. There is no excuse for a child to behave that way and not be reprimanded for it.

I can't imagine how the parents of that child may be feeling, knowing that their son could have such awful behavior. Hopefully they care enough to fix the situation so it doesn't happen again...

Ds4angels
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Funny I hardly ever read trip reports, but for some reason felt drawn to yours.
As a mom of twin boys who were bullied in school, my heart bleeds for you and what you all had to go through. I will say I am so happy you all followed through w/ this and your son is feeling better about school again.

ChattaAlley
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
I am just horrified at your pre-story. I was almost in tears. I get so infurriated when I hear stories about bullies. And I think you did the right thing about going to court and all. In this day and time what that kid did should have been taken as a threat and not swept under the rug. So I applaud you for doing what every parent should do. I am still mad and this wasn't even about me or anyone in my family. On a side note (and none of my business) have you ever thought about sending your son to karate lessons? I would think having some kind of knowledge about how to fight back or stand up for himself in a situation like this would give him the the self confidence he needs. I just want to give your son a hug :sad:. I know I get too involved :confused3.

Can't wait to read the rest of your story. I am hoping it got better.

Lovemy3babes
01-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi! Do you mind a new reader? :wave2:

You have a beautiful family! I'm sorry that such an awful thing happened to Jeremy. But it sounds like you are a wonderful advocate for your son. Most parents wouldn't have handled it as well, myself probably included.

I can understand why your trip got off on a crummy start. Life isn't perfect! Even if we are in the Happiest Place on Earth. I look forward to reading along. :goodvibes

jeremysdisneymom
01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I'm here! :cool1:

:welcome: So glad you are here Mary Ellen! You have my curiousity peeked over on your trip. :rolleyes1

Wow! I am so sorry about what happened to Jeremy and just stunned about the way the school handled that! Unbelievable... Looking forward to the rest of your TR and am glad you are already wanted to go back for a re-do!

:) Thank you! It has been a rough month but things are looking up. There are a lot more bumps in this trip but we really did have a good time for the most part. Glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy it.

I am so sorry that you guys have had to deal with that. My children are only 4 and 15 months and that is something that I have worried about with them with bullying etc. when they get older.
Good job mama for not ignoring it!
Looks like you guys had a perfect view!

Thanks! :) It is one of the worst things that is going on in schools today. I wish there was a simple answer for it but there is not.

We did like the view. Did you notice the empty chairs at the pool below? So unlike summer.

jeremysdisneymom
01-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Given what you've shared about the HS situation, even better that you fought for the district to address it. It sounds as if the administration needs to wake up, big time. While no one wants to believe that this is going on, or that it isn't just a joke, that kids just don't "get it" when they say stuff like that, the reality is showing us very different things. We need to find a balance of keeping our kids safe and helping those that need help, get help.

Do I necessarily think an officer at school is the right answer? No. But listening to our kids, taking what they say seriously and enforcing it goes a long long long way. I am still utterly shocked at the lax enforcement at levels in your district and saddened that it took a tragedy for them to begin to change ways but we can only hope that good ultimately comes out of the very bad. You made a difference Erika, in not only your child's life, but who knows how many. And equally as important, you taught Jeremy to fight for what's right, and not walk away.

:hug:Thanks Cynthia! I hope that if anything comes out of this with the school that they will make the changes and stick with them. They have a problem within their district that desperately needs changed on so many levels. The HS situation just shows you how bad it is and how worse it could have been. It seems that all they worry about is the state tests and achieving the desired rating. For so many of the students, the school is the only opportunity for them to learn structure and right and wrong. That is sad but so true and if they don't get it there, there are some that will never get it at home.

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your son, hopefully your trip was a small getaway from all of the drama. I'm disappointing to hear how the school handled the situation considering how violent the note and picture were. There is no excuse for a child to behave that way and not be reprimanded for it.

I can't imagine how the parents of that child may be feeling, knowing that their son could have such awful behavior. Hopefully they care enough to fix the situation so it doesn't happen again...

You know, after we got on the ship, we really did forget about it (for the most part) until the long drive home. There was other things that happened to give us worry or help us forget. :rolleyes1

I really hope the boy's parents are getting him the help he needs. They supposedly are. He desperately needs the help.

Funny I hardly ever read trip reports, but for some reason felt drawn to yours.
As a mom of twin boys who were bullied in school, my heart bleeds for you and what you all had to go through. I will say I am so happy you all followed through w/ this and your son is feeling better about school again.

:welcome: I feel for your boys and for you. It is such a hard thing to watch your child go through this.

So glad you are here.

I am just horrified at your pre-story. I was almost in tears. I get so infurriated when I hear stories about bullies. And I think you did the right thing about going to court and all. In this day and time what that kid did should have been taken as a threat and not swept under the rug. So I applaud you for doing what every parent should do. I am still mad and this wasn't even about me or anyone in my family. On a side note (and none of my business) have you ever thought about sending your son to karate lessons? I would think having some kind of knowledge about how to fight back or stand up for himself in a situation like this would give him the the self confidence he needs. I just want to give your son a hug :sad:. I know I get too involved :confused3.

Can't wait to read the rest of your story. I am hoping it got better.

:welcome: That is so funny that you mentioned karate. We did look into it once. He went to some preview sessions but in the end didn't like it. He is pretty active in scouts and 4-h so we never pushed the issue.

So glad you are here! And no, you were not too involved! :)

Hi! Do you mind a new reader? :wave2:

You have a beautiful family! I'm sorry that such an awful thing happened to Jeremy. But it sounds like you are a wonderful advocate for your son. Most parents wouldn't have handled it as well, myself probably included.

I can understand why your trip got off on a crummy start. Life isn't perfect! Even if we are in the Happiest Place on Earth. I look forward to reading along. :goodvibes

:welcome: I love having new readers!!! :)

Thank you. I just did what most parents would for their child. It has been rough but we are much better.

The trip will get better but there are some more bumps along the way.

Glad to have you here.

SusieBea
01-10-2013, 03:13 PM
popcorn:: I'm in.

Mariep26
01-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Subscribing!! ((HUGS)) to you and your family. I am so sorry that the school was not more supportive. I applaud you doing whatever necessary to get them to take action.

wigdoutdismom
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the PM, sweetie! I'll get caught up asap! I'm a tad worried about this title......:confused:

MEK
01-10-2013, 07:29 PM
HOLY CRAP! That is one awful way to start your trip. I am glad that you pursued it and went to juvenile court. That is considered terroristic threatening and it doesn't matter that the offender is in 5th grade. That's disgusting and in light of the recent events in Connecticut, you totally did the right thing. What an awful way to begin a trip.

I am impressed that you guys can drive all night like that. We are driving for the first time in June, but it will be daytime.

The room from your view is gorgeous and I love the pictures you posted of the three of you.

melifeld
01-10-2013, 07:48 PM
I am here too and wanted to say Hi.

All I can say is that it sounds like you handled the situation better than I would have. I would have gone ballistic, then had my lawyer on the phone within the hour.

I cannot believe that the school administration would not move the other child until you took them to court. I find that appalling. Anyway, I am glad it worked out in the end. I hope you were able to enjoy your vacation in spite of this.

Melissa

Twoboysnmygirl
01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I just found your TR and I'm subbing! What a horrible way to start things! I am so sorry about what happened with your son (and glad I homeschool after reading it) I can tell you as a child that was severely bullied that you did the right thing. I always felt like my teachers AND mg parents couldn't help me and although I know my parents cared that I was hurting, they never really demanded the school do something about it and I wish they had.

Looking forward to reading more, my dh and I just missed you in November, we got home from our Anniversary trip on the 9th!

minniefan65
01-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I am sorry to hear that your trip started with so much stress. I thought our family was the only one to have "bumpy" times at Disney.:confused3

DisMomAmy
01-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Just joining in! Thanks for the PM. All I can say is... WOW! I can't even believe the start to your trip. What a horrible, awful, disgusting situation. Something like that would have definitely put a dark cloud over my trip. I'm glad you continued on but I'm not surprised to hear that this wasn't your best trip.

I'm glad you decided to share your nightmare with us. I can understand trying to keep things quiet in your home community so it's nice that you can share it here with your virtual friends! :hug:

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 12:43 PM
popcorn:: I'm in.

Welcome! Glad you are here. :)

Subscribing!! ((HUGS)) to you and your family. I am so sorry that the school was not more supportive. I applaud you doing whatever necessary to get them to take action.

Welcome and thank you! Glad you are here. :)

Thanks for the PM, sweetie! I'll get caught up asap! I'm a tad worried about this title......:confused:

:)Hello Mrs. Anita! Glad you are here. It does get better.......somewhat.

HOLY CRAP! That is one awful way to start your trip. I am glad that you pursued it and went to juvenile court. That is considered terroristic threatening and it doesn't matter that the offender is in 5th grade. That's disgusting and in light of the recent events in Connecticut, you totally did the right thing. What an awful way to begin a trip.

I am impressed that you guys can drive all night like that. We are driving for the first time in June, but it will be daytime.

The room from your view is gorgeous and I love the pictures you posted of the three of you.

Don't be too impressed with our driving. It totally wore us both down this time. I think I am starting to show my age. ::yes:: We have said that in the future we will drive down in 2 days, but who knows. Good luck with your drive. The drive home is killer!

It was a great view. We usually have a standard room and I always request a high floor. It was nice to sit on the balcony and look at the lake.

I am here too and wanted to say Hi.

All I can say is that it sounds like you handled the situation better than I would have. I would have gone ballistic, then had my lawyer on the phone within the hour.

I cannot believe that the school administration would not move the other child until you took them to court. I find that appalling. Anyway, I am glad it worked out in the end. I hope you were able to enjoy your vacation in spite of this.

Melissa

:) Welcome. Glad to have you here Melissa. The trip probably helped me to stay calmer than I would have if we had been home right after it happened. Quite honestly, we really didn't think of it any after we got on the ship until we were driving home. I do think that we have made a change in the district. More on that in my next update.

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
I just found your TR and I'm subbing! What a horrible way to start things! I am so sorry about what happened with your son (and glad I homeschool after reading it) I can tell you as a child that was severely bullied that you did the right thing. I always felt like my teachers AND mg parents couldn't help me and although I know my parents cared that I was hurting, they never really demanded the school do something about it and I wish they had.

Looking forward to reading more, my dh and I just missed you in November, we got home from our Anniversary trip on the 9th!

Welcome!!! :) Glad you are here. Thank you for the kind words of support.

I see you have trip from your November report. I will get over there and join. Hope you were there to see the Christmas decorations. Such a beautiful time of year.

I am sorry to hear that your trip started with so much stress. I thought our family was the only one to have "bumpy" times at Disney.:confused3

Thanks! We have our share of bumby times but this trip topped the cake! There is a lot more drama to come.

Just joining in! Thanks for the PM. All I can say is... WOW! I can't even believe the start to your trip. What a horrible, awful, disgusting situation. Something like that would have definitely put a dark cloud over my trip. I'm glad you continued on but I'm not surprised to hear that this wasn't your best trip.

I'm glad you decided to share your nightmare with us. I can understand trying to keep things quiet in your home community so it's nice that you can share it here with your virtual friends! :hug:

:)Hi Amy and Welcome! Glad you are here. It is so nice to have virtual friends. :hug: It really helped for me to get it off my chest.

There is a lot more that happens this trip to make it not one of our best. However, there were a lot of good times in between the bad and we do have some good memories.

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 01:13 PM
:offtopic:I am going to start this update to let you know that I think we did make a difference in our school district. There was yet another threat made against students at our high school again this week by another student. This time, administration immediately reported to law enforcement and pressed charges. The student has currently been put on house arrest pending trial/sentencing. I do think the administration has a long way to go to really ward off this type of behavior but I was glad to see that they did involve law enforcement this time.

Now, back to this nightmare of a trip.

We had spent Saturday evening at DTD. I had looked at a lot of things and could quite honestly kick myself as there was a few things I waited on to purchase until after the cruise and they were gone when we got back to DTD. :(

For dinner that evening, we thought about Earl of Sandwich but the line was super long. Tom really wanted to go off property so we found this little Italian restaurant in a strip mall called Giordanos. It started raining when we got there so we rushed in and I left my camera in the car. :confused3 They specialize in deep dish pizza. It took 45 minutes for our pizza to cook. I was so glad we got a small as there was no way we could even eat all of it. It was absolutely the best pizza I ever ate. The crust was homemade and the sauce was fabulous. It had actual tomatoe chuncks in it and was not runny like most pizza sauce is. If you are ever near the downtown disney hotels, the restaurant is not far from them (can't remember the highway name) and it was a relatively cheap meal. Just be prepared for the wait.

It was about 8:00 when we got done and I was anxious to get back to the resort to watch Wishes from Top of the World Lounge. We just barely made it back and was on top close to 9:00. I thought it was strange that hardly no one was there. Well, It was obvious that I was off my Disney Game as Wishes started at 10:00. So, Jeremy wanted to shop at the CR so we went over to see their gingerbread and let him look around.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1720_zps3b2b8985.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1723_zpsf2ce81f7.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1722_zpsf20c9fcb.jpg

My blurry shot of trying to get the monorail too.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1721_zps21c84870.jpg

Tom wasn't feeling well so he headed back to the room and Jeremy and I went to watch Wishes.

I think I took this from one of the BLT windows.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1718_zps190b0e88.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1714_zps5e3ed8a8.jpg

A beautiful castle.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1716_zps547a14d1.jpg

I didn't try to take pictures of the fireworks. I was just really enjoying the moment with Jeremy. It reminded me a lot of last year when he and I went by ourselves at Disney. He was having so much fun and the worries of all things going on at home were gone. And quite honestly, they stayed gone until the drive home.

Afterwards, we went back to the room and Jeremy and Tom watched the Electrical Water Pageant from the balcony while I got suitcases rearranged for tomorrow.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

We slept in (well as much as one can when they are heading for a Disney cruise today). Breakfast was leftover pizza and fiber bars in the room. We gathered our stuff and loaded the car. Got some pictures on the way out.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1728_zps1f29ebbe.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1729_zps19f08ece.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1731_zps9a8d2341.jpg

Photobucket keeps freezing on me so I will have to leave you here for now. Hope everyone is having a nice day. The rain finally stopped here in southern Ohio but the cold has set back in.

Up next:
What did I forget at DTD?
What makes me cry?

ProudMommyof2
01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Love the pics of the castle. I have to see WDW at Christmas!

I hope to plan a mother/daughter trip soon. My son just doesn't love WDW like we do :rolleyes2

MEK
01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
It was a great view. We usually have a standard room and I always request a high floor. It was nice to sit on the balcony and look at the lake.

That was a standard view? Really? I thought for sure it was lake view.

I am going to wait until I get home to read your latest update. I can't stand to read with no pics!

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Love the pics of the castle. I have to see WDW at Christmas!

I hope to plan a mother/daughter trip soon. My son just doesn't love WDW like we do :rolleyes2

Jeremy and I went last year pre-Thanksgiving while my husband was taking an EMT course. We had do much fun and made so many memories. You would have a blast with just you and your daughter.

WDW is beautiful at Christmas. Lots more pictures to come of the decorations when we get off the ship.

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 02:08 PM
That was a standard view? Really? I thought for sure it was lake view.

I am going to wait until I get home to read your latest update. I can't stand to read with no pics!

It was a lake view Mary Ellen. I meant to say that we always get a standard view so it was nice to have a lake view. I probably wouldn't use that many points again when we are touring the parks. We really aren't in the room that much to warrant it. I tried to get a theme park view for that one night but my waitlist never came through.

Marsheliz
01-14-2013, 02:11 PM
I still can't get over the view! :)

Was it busy when you guys went? We went in September and wasn't packed at all. I would love to wait and go in November next year.

Can't wait to read more!

Lovemy3babes
01-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Mmmm! The pizza sounds yummy. ::yes::

I'm glad that you were able to put your troubles aside for a bit and enjoy the time with Jeremy. Sounds like a great night! :goodvibes

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 02:40 PM
I still can't get over the view! :)

Was it busy when you guys went? We went in September and wasn't packed at all. I would love to wait and go in November next year.

Can't wait to read more!

I really can't tell you about the parks on this day. However, when we got off the ship (Wednesday before Thanksgiving), the parks were CRAZY. :scared1: We were at DHS Thanksgiving Day and the waits were horrible 30 minutes after it opened. Quite honestly, there were more people there then when we went in 2008. I do think a lot of it had to with the fact that Fantasyland was officially previewing that Monday.

Jeremy and I went last year (Friday-Wednesday before Thanksgiving) and the parks were not crowded at all. Very manageable and able to do a lot.

I would like to go back in September or October. I love the MK fall decorations but we have only been there once.

Hope to do small updates this week. I have a lot going on at work. Look for another one tomorrow. :)

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Mmmm! The pizza sounds yummy. ::yes::

I'm glad that you were able to put your troubles aside for a bit and enjoy the time with Jeremy. Sounds like a great night! :goodvibes

It was a great night. So relaxing to enjoy the resort without rushing to the parks.

That pizza was delicious and very filling. Super cheap too. We easily made 2 meals out of it.

disney212
01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
I am here and sorry I am late. So sorry to hear about the school. Glad you got it worked out. My daughter is a middle school teacher in NKY and they actually have classes on how to determine a threat. I think we are neighbors, we also own at BLT and we live in NKY at the top of the cut in the hill. I hope you trip has more "ups" than "downs".

jeremysdisneymom
01-14-2013, 03:20 PM
I am here and sorry I am late. So sorry to hear about the school. Glad you got it worked out. My daughter is a middle school teacher in NKY and they actually have classes on how to determine a threat. I think we are neighbors, we also own at BLT and we live in NKY at the top of the cut in the hill. I hope you trip has more "ups" than "downs".

:welcome: Glad to have a fellow Kentuckian here!!! I live in southern Ohio now (about 30 minutes east of Cincy) but grew up in Kentucky. My husband is originally from Cincy and in his earlier years was a fireman/EMT in Cold Spring.

Yay for another BLT owner. The ups do outweigh the downs but there are a lot more downs to come!!!

eandesmom
01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Good to know on the pizza, I think the only meal I've had off property in the last decade is...Waffle House! Oh and a nightmare meal at a Perkins almost a decade ago. Haven't been to one since :rotfl2: I'm not counting anything at Universal.

Nice view, someday I will see the EWP, how lovely to do it from your verandah!

We really enjoyed Wishes from TOWL, I hope to take my family up there next year. I can't recall if there is a guest limit or not...need to check on that.

DisMomAmy
01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
:offtopic:I am going to start this update to let you know that I think we did make a difference in our school district. There was yet another threat made against students at our high school again this week by another student. This time, administration immediately reported to law enforcement and pressed charges. The student has currently been put on house arrest pending trial/sentencing. I do think the administration has a long way to go to really ward off this type of behavior but I was glad to see that they did involve law enforcement this time.

I'm so glad to hear more positive has come from you taking a stand! I can't even imagine how hard the whole experience was!

I didn't try to take pictures of the fireworks. I was just really enjoying the moment with Jeremy. It reminded me a lot of last year when he and I went by ourselves at Disney. He was having so much fun and the worries of all things going on at home were gone. And quite honestly, they stayed gone until the drive home.

This made me smile! I'm so glad he enjoyed the trip and got a much needed break from the craziness at home!

MEK
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
The Christmas tree in the lobby is so pretty and Jeremy is as photogenic as always.

I always see coupons for Giordano's. Good to know they received your endorsement.

That picture of the castle is so pretty.

Let the cruise begin!!!!!!! :cool1:

And thank goodness your district is finally stepping up to the plate.

PracPerfPatricia
01-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Hey Ericka,

I hope that today is a good one for you, Tom and Jeremy...:goodvibes

I'm glad that it sounds like Jeremy was able to put his troubles behind him during this trip and I'm looking forward to living vicariously through your cruise...

BLT is on my bucket list of properties to try out...

Just thinking (a dangerous past time I know...;) since you mentioned that Jeremy is involved in scouts and 4H... and I know previous poster (sorry on reply page... so I'm not sure who it was...) mentioned karate...I think it's a good idea... but not everyone likes it (we did it for a couple years and David lost interest... it becomes more and more serious)... there are a lot of different martial arts though all with different philosophies... but where I'm going with this is that if Jeremy is interested in any kind of sport... anything... that is a good thing for him to get involved in if for no other reason that it makes you feel comfortable in your own skin... and if you feel comfortable in your own skin... you tend to feel more confident...(there will still be bullies unfortunately but if you feel more confident... well that can only be good...:goodvibes

it doesn't have to be a team sport unless he wants that...(I happen to love baseball so David has played just a little bit of that but what really has been great for him is swimming... Swimming is great for so very many reasons but also you are part of a team and you compete but you are ultimately competing against yourself... There's also track and field stuff and tennis and squash which are also good...(all good if you don't want that big traditional team sport kind of thing)

Basically any thing he might be interested in doing physically is great because for better or worse boy culture is deeply sports oriented and its a common thing... I don't think any boy should have to play a team sport... ie football, basketball, etc. if he doesn't want to but it is helpful to have a physical activity/sport that they pursue... and it puts him in with a tribe of like minded kids who are pursing the same activity...

I know there aren't enough hours in the day but just something to think about...

You should feel great that you have so many awesome supporters here...:goodvibes

:hug:

CtinaDitty
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Just now catching up! I think I've subscribed to too many TRs! :rotfl:

I cannot believe the threat on Jeremy. I mean, how absolutely outrageous that the administration responded in the way they did. At least you all have made a difference with the other student, but how terrible that Jeremy had to go through all of that... You all will definitely be in my prayers.

Your second picture of the castle was GORGEOUS! :bitelip:

I have wanted to enjoy Wishes without a camera. The last time I did, I cried... Wishes just has that effect on me... It's such a magical moment in time. Everything stops and for a minute, you are just in bliss, no other worries. :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about your cruise! I've always been interested in the Disney Cruises!

Poolrat
01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Caught up finally :goodvibes

I am glad the adminstration is getting the message.

Excited for your cruise. What a nice way to wind down the evening with Wishes.

jeremysdisneymom
01-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Good to know on the pizza, I think the only meal I've had off property in the last decade is...Waffle House! Oh and a nightmare meal at a Perkins almost a decade ago. Haven't been to one since :rotfl2: I'm not counting anything at Universal.

Nice view, someday I will see the EWP, how lovely to do it from your verandah!

We really enjoyed Wishes from TOWL, I hope to take my family up there next year. I can't recall if there is a guest limit or not...need to check on that.

I like TOWL. Actually, I like staying in BLT. Even if you don't have a MK view, just being that close where you see it everytime you to the elevator, CR, outside is just perfect for me! I can't wait for the GF DVC to be open. We keep having addonitis but hold out as we really want to buy there next.

I'm so glad to hear more positive has come from you taking a stand! I can't even imagine how hard the whole experience was!

This made me smile! I'm so glad he enjoyed the trip and got a much needed break from the craziness at home!

He had a blast the rest of the trip. He loved the new Fantasyland. I enjoy taking him there so much. He truly loves that place and his imagination just goes wild there.

The Christmas tree in the lobby is so pretty and Jeremy is as photogenic as always.

I always see coupons for Giordano's. Good to know they received your endorsement.

That picture of the castle is so pretty.

Let the cruise begin!!!!!!! :cool1:

And thank goodness your district is finally stepping up to the plate.

I did a good job the first of the trip taking tree pictures....fairly well on the back end. :confused3 Although, I am not sure I took any pictures in the Beach Club lobby. You will understand later as to why.....

Cruise update coming!!!! Really wish we were heading on another cruise this year. Oh well, 2014 will have to do........................................

Hey Ericka,

I hope that today is a good one for you, Tom and Jeremy...:goodvibes

I'm glad that it sounds like Jeremy was able to put his troubles behind him during this trip and I'm looking forward to living vicariously through your cruise...

BLT is on my bucket list of properties to try out...

Just thinking (a dangerous past time I know...;) since you mentioned that Jeremy is involved in scouts and 4H... and I know previous poster (sorry on reply page... so I'm not sure who it was...) mentioned karate...I think it's a good idea... but not everyone likes it (we did it for a couple years and David lost interest... it becomes more and more serious)... there are a lot of different martial arts though all with different philosophies... but where I'm going with this is that if Jeremy is interested in any kind of sport... anything... that is a good thing for him to get involved in if for no other reason that it makes you feel comfortable in your own skin... and if you feel comfortable in your own skin... you tend to feel more confident...(there will still be bullies unfortunately but if you feel more confident... well that can only be good...:goodvibes

it doesn't have to be a team sport unless he wants that...(I happen to love baseball so David has played just a little bit of that but what really has been great for him is swimming... Swimming is great for so very many reasons but also you are part of a team and you compete but you are ultimately competing against yourself... There's also track and field stuff and tennis and squash which are also good...(all good if you don't want that big traditional team sport kind of thing)

Basically any thing he might be interested in doing physically is great because for better or worse boy culture is deeply sports oriented and its a common thing... I don't think any boy should have to play a team sport... ie football, basketball, etc. if he doesn't want to but it is helpful to have a physical activity/sport that they pursue... and it puts him in with a tribe of like minded kids who are pursing the same activity...

I know there aren't enough hours in the day but just something to think about...

You should feel great that you have so many awesome supporters here...:goodvibes

:hug:

We have thought about karate. He has a friend in it. Jeremy just crossed over into boy scouts in December and is really embracing it more than he did in cub scouts. He has his first merit badge challenge next weekend. He already has most of the prework done which amazes me. He is a procrastinator. He is really looking forward to camp this summer so I am hoping this will build his confidence.

Cruise update is coming later today! I love a Disney cruise. You must go sometime. It was a lot of fun.

Oh, and you have to try BLT. I really like staying there. I think they have the best beds on property too. Not sure why but they seem so much softer there.

Just now catching up! I think I've subscribed to too many TRs! :rotfl:

I cannot believe the threat on Jeremy. I mean, how absolutely outrageous that the administration responded in the way they did. At least you all have made a difference with the other student, but how terrible that Jeremy had to go through all of that... You all will definitely be in my prayers.

Your second picture of the castle was GORGEOUS! :bitelip:

I have wanted to enjoy Wishes without a camera. The last time I did, I cried... Wishes just has that effect on me... It's such a magical moment in time. Everything stops and for a minute, you are just in bliss, no other worries. :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about your cruise! I've always been interested in the Disney Cruises!

I know what you mean. I get so behind on my reading. I feel guilty updating here before I have read everyone else's updates.

:)Thanks for your support. Things are looking up at our school. We have a new superintendent that starts next month. Parents are VERY excited. He has a good reputation and is coming from a district that does well and has a no tolerance reputation regarding these types of situations. I am hoping he is a breath of fresh air.

Cruise update coming later today.

Caught up finally :goodvibes

I am glad the adminstration is getting the message.

Excited for your cruise. What a nice way to wind down the evening with Wishes.

It was a great day! Anxious to get the cruise portion of this trip started. How was the marathon? I admire runners. Not sure how you do it but wish I could get motivated to run. I have tried couch to 5K many times but always slack into it. A friend and I are going to try it full force in spring. We are hoping to succeed as we want to run a 5K in the fall in Cincinnati.

I have been running a little behind yet again! Shocker, right?!!! :laughing: With the year end means a lot more work in the office. My auditors are in right now and found out today that the governmental auditor who audits us about every 3-5 years is coming in next week! :scared1: So, my spare time is few and far between. Trying to get caught up on everyone's reports and plan is to update mine later today. Cruise is coming your way!!!!

Laracroft72
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Your son reminds me of my son. He is 12 and in 6th grade. He has been bullied for a few years and teased about his weight. With all the craziness right before your trip, I am glad you were able to get away. Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup2

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Your son reminds me of my son. He is 12 and in 6th grade. He has been bullied for a few years and teased about his weight. With all the craziness right before your trip, I am glad you were able to get away. Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup2

I just don't get it. I would never have thought of saying anything mean to another student when I was growing up. Kids nowadays (or some that is) just don't have respect for one another at all.

Glad to have you here! Update is coming! :)

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Let's keep this trip sailing! (no pun intended :lmao:)

So, it was Sunday, November 18th. We had checked out of BLT. I think it was around 9:30-10:00 when we left. Now, this is where I must admit that I was a POOR Disney planner for this trip. I had not done my research on the cruise at all. :confused3 I waited until mid October to even check in (we could have in September) and our boarding time was 1:30. :sad: My plans of getting to the port early and getting on the ship early were not starting off well before we even left.

So, knowing that we had an hour drive and plenty of time to spare, we headed back to DTD. :confused3 In all of our shopping adventure the night before and not buying anything, I completely forgot the main reason I wanted to go there which was to pick up our park tickets and Christmast party tickets at Guest Relations. Plans were to head to AK when we got back to WDW and I didn't want any problems with the tickets.

I did get a few pictures of things I had missed the night before.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1735_zpsba81a644.jpg

Don't you just think Jeremy is ready for a cruise. I love this shirt and thought it was fitting for the day. (Jeremy likes it too! :thumbsup2)

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1736_zps95f9bba5.jpg

So, with all of our tickets in tow, we headed toward the Port. :drive: The drive is not bad from Orlando to Port Canaveral. It only took about an hour--maybe not even that long. I had a hard time concentrating on time. Because it was much sooner than I expected that this beauty came into view.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1737_zps5b57244c.jpg

Oh my, we were all squealing with delight. And then it happened......................:sad: Yes, I was crying. I even saw tears in Tom's eyes. We were so happy and I suddenly felt like the first day I held that little 4 year old boy in my arms at the Magic Kingdom train station and looked out over Main Street. That is when my love of Disney began and looking in the back seat of that car was the now big little man he has become and I was so happy to be sharing this moment with both my boys. This is why I love Disney and the feelings of happiness and good times (even when they are not so good). Okay, enough sappiness.

As you can see, there are a lot of pictures of this beautiful ship.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1738_zps2bbacf24.jpg

There were two other ships in port as well (one on left and right).

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1739_zps994e5792.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1740_zpsa322ee95.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1741_zpsef342b00.jpg

Uh, watch the road, honey....he was VERY excited!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1742_zps2d69fb8b.jpg

It is easy to find the Disney parking lot.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1744_zps29448d7f.jpg

It was about 11:30 now (2 hours ahead of our check in) and I really wasn't sure what to do or what we would be allowed to do since we weren't supposed to be there until 1:30. We pull up and went through an ID check. They told Tom to pull up and unload. Jeremy and I could go on in and he would meet us. Note: I am really not sure what the deal is with the 1:30 time as it had no bearing on us whatsoever. If anyone has cruised before and seen where the times made a difference, please let me know.

So, luggage was unloaded. Jeremy and I took the carry-ons and Tom was off with the car.

continued in next post..

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 09:45 AM
In front of the terminal. You can probably see the people through the glass in line for the scanners. Notice the bag Jeremy has in the picture. It is a DVC bag that was sent to us after we purchased. Remember that as I have another DUMB moment very soon!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1745_zps2988d3df.jpg

Jeremy and I got in line. There are actualy two scanners but everybody was heading to the one on the left. We headed to the right and was quickly through. However, I look up and notice Tom on an escalator outside of the building. Evidently there are more scanners up there too. :confused3 I will have to take his word for it as I never saw them. We headed up to the second floor and Tom was waiting on us. Now, this is where I have a truly DUMB moment.

As soon as we get off the escalators and meet up with Tom, this DVC guy comes to us and says, Oh, here is some of our DVC family, Welcome Home! I was truly dumbfounded. How in the world did he know we were DVC? There were no one checking our names off at security so how did he know we would be coming up the escalator to officially check in. :confused3 He looked us up on his list of DVC members cruising and gave us some lanyards. He also gave us an invite to the DVC Reception/Sales Pitch at 2:00 that afternoon. We had a nice chat. He was from Kentucky (my home state). We head to check in and I am still dumbfounded. I was beginning to think Disney really did have magical powers. I mentioned it to Tom and he bust out laughing and looked at me and said, Are you really serious? :headache: Uh, you are carrying a bag that says DVC Member. ::yes::Yes, Yes I was! :lmao: Oh well, dumb moment over. Let's get checked in.

Check in was no wait and went very smoothly. Our boarding number was 30. :scared1: The cast member was super nice and told me they were on 6 now but it wouldn't take long to get to 30. It took about 45 minutes.

Goofy was out meeting people so we hopped in line. Jeremy had bought a Disney notebook the other night and actually wanted an autograph. I about passed out. He hadn't done that in years!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1746_zps87176548.jpg

(:badpc: Photobucket just froze up. Need to restart the computer. More coming here in a few)

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1747_zps1044ce5c.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1748_zps2921c51c.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1749_zpsd062fb36.jpg

There is an observation deck outside of the terminal so we set out there for a while and looked at the ship. However, you cannot hear them calling the boarding number.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1750_zps4ddbbe6d.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1751_zps561819f5.jpg

It didn't take long and we were soon hearing 30 at 12:30!!! Who hoo!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1752_zps047def70.jpg

Once you go through the Mickey Ears, there is another stop to take a picture before boarding. We did buy that picture. I will have to scan it at home and try to load it later on.

Soon, we were in the doorway of the lobby and they were welcoming us on. How exciting!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1753_zps87e17aab.jpg

Beautiful chandelier up above.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1754_zps326211b2.jpg

On the elevator heading to Cabanas for lunch.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1755_zpsfb1b4139.jpg

I didn't get any pictures at lunch. We were hungry and it was crowded. Now, for a buffet (which I am not a huge fan), the food was actually good. All of us thought so.

It was 1:30 and we could go check out our room.

Hindsight, I should have done some research. I had no idea where things were on this ship. At this point, I knew what front, middle, and aft meant but had no clue which was the front or aft when I was wondering around. It was really mind boggling and a little upfront study would have helped. I know that when we got off on the 5th floor, we walked past the Oceaneers Club which looked fun. Jeremy is 10 so he could have went there but had no interest or desire. He thought he was too old for it. The tween club is for 11 years old. We got to the middle of the ship which overlooks the main area. The excursion booking desk was there. Belle was out and Jeremy wanted a picture. I could have fainted. Two characters and two pictures! Wow! I think he thought Belle was pretty.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1756_zps1585a2da.jpg

We walked a maze of hallways and finally found room 5015, an inside stateroom with magical porthole. And score, we had a DVC magnet.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1757_zps69ba0e77.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1758_zpsd8b13922.jpg

The afternoon is a little fuzzy. I know we went to the DVC reception. It was at 2 or 2:30 and lasted an hour. They have appetizers and free mimosas for the adults and sparkling apple juice for the children. Jeremy thought that was neat. They gave us all a free hat, a nice notebook folder and pen, and a dvc shopping bag. One lucky person (not us) got a $200 onboard credit but you have to be there to win. They had to draw 3 times before they got a winner. They are not pushy and did have a good offer if you wanted to add on. Tom was determined we were going to add on. He got one of the time slots for 9 p.m. that night.

From my pictures, I think we went back to the room and let Jeremy change. The aqua duck was calling his name.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1760_zps6bd38f3c.jpg

(continued in next post)

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 10:38 AM
I know we didn't hit the aqua duck immediately. We somehow got seperated. I think Tom went back to the room. We still hadn't figured out the wave phones so I think he was going to try to do that. Jeremy and I wandered around. It came on to report to your muster station so we went on and did so, hoping Tom would find us.

They line you up by family for the drill. They will check you in. I told the guy that we were missing one. He told me to have Tom let him know when he arrived. Tom did so and he got quite snippy with Tom. He was actually quite rude to a lot of people and I noticed managers talking to him off to the side when it was over. It was just not Disney like behavior from a cast member. :confused3

After the drill, it was time for the sailaway party. Jeremy didn't want anything to do with it. He wanted on that coaster and fast. So, Tom and I got a good spot at the back of the top deck to watch the show below. The line for the aqua duck was right behind us so we could keep an eye on Jeremy. Now, you do have to ride 2 people on the aqua duck. So, if you don't find a buddy immediately, you might have to wait awhile until another single rider comes. Jeremy didn't have any trouble and I actually think that one time they let him go on his own.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1763_zps414b7bee.jpg

I just noticed that most of my pictures didn't upload so I am going to stop here.

Up Next:

Sailing Away
What is the purpose of a Wave Phone if you don't carry it?
Did our room vanish?? The case of the missing room.
My Dad warned me about this.....Will this be the end of the beginning of a great cruise? :scared1:

Laracroft72
01-25-2013, 11:26 AM
You are a beautiful family. So enjoying your report. I would be so overwhelmed walking into the ship. It's neat that they have characters out and about like that. Do they have photopass on the ship like in the parks?

loveysbydesign
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
great update :)

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 12:04 PM
You are a beautiful family. So enjoying your report. I would be so overwhelmed walking into the ship. It's neat that they have characters out and about like that. Do they have photopass on the ship like in the parks?

Thank you. :) I was overwhelmed and so out of my element. I literally lost our room this night. It was more like my mind. I have a really dumb moment with all that. It will be in my next post. There are a lot of characters out the entire cruise with stated times on the navigator they give you. I think that may have been the only characters we did as the lines were long with little children and Jeremy wouldn't have no part of that.

Yes, they have something like photopass. However, you don't go back home and view the pictures. They pre-print them for you and you can buy them on the ship (VERY EXPENSIVE!). There is a place called Shutters on the dream and you have a folder with all your photos in it. I think there was a CD option. We only had 3 pictures taken on the ship. Two of them weren't any good so we only got the boarding one. It was $20 for an 8X10. I think there may have been packages too but not sure. It was mayhem the last night to just look at them so I was ready to get out of there.

Marsheliz
01-25-2013, 12:13 PM
I want to go on a Disney Cruise!!! It looks so awesome!!!

I love what you said about how you got tears in your eyes as you glanced at your son.. I feel the same way alot of times girl.. This last time that we were at MK, watching the parade and my oldest was just lit up with happiness on his daddy's shoulders and kept kissing him on the head, thats what it's all about... ;)

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 12:51 PM
great update :)

Thanks! :)

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 12:52 PM
I want to go on a Disney Cruise!!! It looks so awesome!!!

I love what you said about how you got tears in your eyes as you glanced at your son.. I feel the same way alot of times girl.. This last time that we were at MK, watching the parade and my oldest was just lit up with happiness on his daddy's shoulders and kept kissing him on the head, thats what it's all about... ;)

:thumbsup2I totally agree. I love the feeling that Disney invokes in me. Such a happy place to be with your family.

I loved the cruise. Really hoping to do another one in 2014.

DisMomAmy
01-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Fun update! I love reading cruise updates because we've never done one. I can understand you feeling a little bit lost. After going to Disney so many times & knowing things like the back of your hand, the ship must have been tricky! That's how I felt when we went to NY last summer.

Funny DVC story! :rotfl:

jeremysdisneymom
01-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Fun update! I love reading cruise updates because we've never done one. I can understand you feeling a little bit lost. After going to Disney so many times & knowing things like the back of your hand, the ship must have been tricky! That's how I felt when we went to NY last summer.

Funny DVC story! :rotfl:

If you think the DVC story is funny, just wait until you hear about the room I lost. I was ready to jump overboard during that dilemma. :rotfl:

Cruising was fun. I wish we had done longer but it was enough to get our feet wet so to speak and know that I want to do more. Our tentative plans is to do a 7-day cruise in 2014. I would like to squeeze one in this year but the boys are set on Disneyland.

NY is on my trip bucket list, but I want to go at Thanksgiving and see the parade. Hopefully some day I can make it happen.

eandesmom
01-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Fun update Erica! I love seeing real boarding pictures, where there are actually crowds and numbers being called. As you know, NOT our experience. I can absolutely see how easy it would be to have a hard time finding your room. Even when you know where it is it is SO easy to get turned around!

I was impressed with the Cabanas lunch, much more so than the breakfast and I'm not a buffet person either. Very sorry the Muster Drill dude was snarky, that's uncool and uncalled for. Sounds like the Aquaduck line wasn't too bad, that's great! I don't think you had a dumb moment and as you can see, they knew you were DVC by your magnet. They track us I tell you! I actually called DCL to have it noted on the ressie and was told that they don't do that themselves...but somehow DVC "knows". I was still happy to see my magnet too. It's the little things.

And I agree with Jeremy, Belle IS pretty!

Poolrat
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
How was the marathon? I admire runners. Not sure how you do it but wish I could get motivated to run. I have tried couch to 5K many times but always slack into it. A friend and I are going to try it full force in spring. We are hoping to succeed as we want to run a 5K in the fall in Cincinnati.

I did the 1/2 and well I can say I finished. Which honestly was my goal. It was very warm and the getting up at 3 am well is a another thing. All in all I am glad I did it and I am proud I made it.

I have heard it from others but if I can do it anyone can do it. I am SO not a runner. Once it gets a bit warmer and not icy, I will get back out there.

Thank you. :) I was overwhelmed and so out of my element. I literally lost our room this night. It was more like my mind. I have a really dumb moment with all that. It will be in my next post.

I call that turning off your brain. I tend to do that when entering Disney and usually need to turn my brain up a bit to function.

Once at POP I went to the room took a picture of the room number then ent down to get a fridge swap ( when you needed to ) the CM was just going to bring it to the room but I had no idea what the room number was. Realized later I had a picture and had to use that. LOL

I felt a little out of it at DL. Took a bit to get my bearings. :goodvibes

MeMom
01-26-2013, 03:55 AM
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1735_zpsba81a644.jpg

One of my favorite water features. I want this set up in my yard. :goodvibes

I bet it is amazing to see your ship looming large as you arrive. Our librarian cruises (non-Disney) a lot, and she said, "Your Disney ships make the other ships look like nothing." She says she's always jealous. She'll never cruise Disney, though. It's not really her style.

Looking forward to more 'fun in the sun' pictures. :cool2:

Twoboysnmygirl
01-26-2013, 06:51 AM
WOW, the boat is just so BIG! Your pictures really showed how large it is! I can't wait to see more! I know nothing about cruises, so it will be fun to see your pics and hear about it!

MEK
01-26-2013, 07:30 AM
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1763_zps414b7bee.jpg

I love this picture. So cool!

Your pictures of DTD are gorgeous! I just love the Christmas decorations! So pretty!

I don't think you had a dumb moment at all. I have to remember to tell my TA that I am a DVC member. I didn't book through Disney, so I'm not sure how they actually get that information.

I didn't know you got boarding times ahead of time. We are actually planning on getting to the port on the later side. Our theory is everyone will be loaded and we are meeting are friends who are driving from Charleston that day. Can't wait.

Really looking forward to reading more about your cruise!

PracPerfPatricia
01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I haven't been on a cruise before... and so I love reading about them as well... I get to live vicariously and decide if we should do one...;)

Lovely photos... the ship really does look lovely and very well appointed...

I love your anecdote about tearing about when you were getting closer to the shop with your boys... I think that that actually awesome... it means that you are sensitive and appreciate things...:hug:

Ummm... yes I'd say that Jeremy looks happy with Belle...;)

Txshadow
01-26-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm reading along here and enjoying it all. My heart goes out to you with the threat of violence against your son. We had a shooting at my sons college campus this week and we had a few terrifying hours waiting to hear he and his friends were all OK.

lsenquiz
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Following along. We are doing a Park/Cruise/Park trip in September.

reelmom
01-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Joining in. I am so sorry that Jeremy and your family had to go through that at school. It makes me sick to my stomach and mad all at the same time. I am glad you didn't step down and hopefully, things are improving. We have never been on a cruise. We had one booked for this summer but I chickened out and cancelled. I am totally scared of being surrounded by water.

jeremysdisneymom
01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Fun update Erica! I love seeing real boarding pictures, where there are actually crowds and numbers being called. As you know, NOT our experience. I can absolutely see how easy it would be to have a hard time finding your room. Even when you know where it is it is SO easy to get turned around!

I was impressed with the Cabanas lunch, much more so than the breakfast and I'm not a buffet person either. Very sorry the Muster Drill dude was snarky, that's uncool and uncalled for. Sounds like the Aquaduck line wasn't too bad, that's great! I don't think you had a dumb moment and as you can see, they knew you were DVC by your magnet. They track us I tell you! I actually called DCL to have it noted on the ressie and was told that they don't do that themselves...but somehow DVC "knows". I was still happy to see my magnet too. It's the little things.

And I agree with Jeremy, Belle IS pretty!

Cynthia, just wait until the story about the room! It is quite a doozy!!!

I agree, I liked lunch better than breakfast at Cabanas. I really enjoyed our breakfast at Royal Palace. The aquaduck line was never very long the entire cruise except for when we were docked in the Bahamas.

Belle was a pretty Belle!

I did the 1/2 and well I can say I finished. Which honestly was my goal. It was very warm and the getting up at 3 am well is a another thing. All in all I am glad I did it and I am proud I made it.

I have heard it from others but if I can do it anyone can do it. I am SO not a runner. Once it gets a bit warmer and not icy, I will get back out there.

I call that turning off your brain. I tend to do that when entering Disney and usually need to turn my brain up a bit to function.

Once at POP I went to the room took a picture of the room number then ent down to get a fridge swap ( when you needed to ) the CM was just going to bring it to the room but I had no idea what the room number was. Realized later I had a picture and had to use that. LOL

I felt a little out of it at DL. Took a bit to get my bearings. :goodvibes

Wish I had remember that I took a picture of the room number on my camera as it would have helped when I lost the room! I just don't think when I am aggravated and quite honestly getting paniced. :confused3

DL is a definitely a go for us this year. I am starting to plan as we speak. Sure hoping you will share some pictures with us! ;)

One of my favorite water features. I want this set up in my yard. :goodvibes

I bet it is amazing to see your ship looming large as you arrive. Our librarian cruises (non-Disney) a lot, and she said, "Your Disney ships make the other ships look like nothing." She says she's always jealous. She'll never cruise Disney, though. It's not really her style.

Looking forward to more 'fun in the sun' pictures. :cool2:

It is a pretty water feature. I don't have the creativity to do anything on a small scale like that in my back yard.

The Disney ships are huge! I was surprised at the difference in size when up to the other ships. Not sure that I could do another cruise line. We don't gamble so the casinos wouldn't be a draw for us that are on other ships.

WOW, the boat is just so BIG! Your pictures really showed how large it is! I can't wait to see more! I know nothing about cruises, so it will be fun to see your pics and hear about it!

It is huge and lots of fun! I loved cruising. Update coming tomorrow.

jeremysdisneymom
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
I love this picture. So cool!

Your pictures of DTD are gorgeous! I just love the Christmas decorations! So pretty!

I don't think you had a dumb moment at all. I have to remember to tell my TA that I am a DVC member. I didn't book through Disney, so I'm not sure how they actually get that information.

I didn't know you got boarding times ahead of time. We are actually planning on getting to the port on the later side. Our theory is everyone will be loaded and we are meeting are friends who are driving from Charleston that day. Can't wait.

Really looking forward to reading more about your cruise!

I am not sure how they know about the DVC either. I know that when I booked the night at BLT, I had to call member services and they asked me what we were doing between the 2 reservations. It may have been noted that way. I know I never told the cruise line as I only talked to them once. :confused3 Some of that Disney Magic I guess! ::yes::

It may have actually been called port arrival times instead of boarding times. Seemed very useless to me as it had no bearing for when we boarded the ship. You will have to let me know how it works when you check in online. We are planning a 7 night cruise next year so I am curious to see what the real purpose is.

Update coming tomorrow!

I haven't been on a cruise before... and so I love reading about them as well... I get to live vicariously and decide if we should do one...;)

Lovely photos... the ship really does look lovely and very well appointed...

I love your anecdote about tearing about when you were getting closer to the shop with your boys... I think that that actually awesome... it means that you are sensitive and appreciate things...:hug:

Ummm... yes I'd say that Jeremy looks happy with Belle...;)

I can already tell you that you need to go!!! :) You would love it.

It is a lovely ship. So much prettier than the others at dock.

Thanks for the nice compliment. You are such a sweetie! :hug:

I'm reading along here and enjoying it all. My heart goes out to you with the threat of violence against your son. We had a shooting at my sons college campus this week and we had a few terrifying hours waiting to hear he and his friends were all OK.

Oh no, I read about the one in Texas. Could not imagine going through those hours of waiting. My heart goes out to you. :hug:

Following along. We are doing a Park/Cruise/Park trip in September.

Oh, how fun! Are you going on the Dream? We do the parks at the end of our trip.

wiigirl
01-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Joining in....great pics! :)

jeremysdisneymom
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Joining in. I am so sorry that Jeremy and your family had to go through that at school. It makes me sick to my stomach and mad all at the same time. I am glad you didn't step down and hopefully, things are improving. We have never been on a cruise. We had one booked for this summer but I chickened out and cancelled. I am totally scared of being surrounded by water.

Welcome! Glad to have you here! :) I didn't think I would like the thought of being surrounded by water but we actually never noticed it as there wasn't a day at sea on the 3 day cruises. With that said, I think it would have been great to had the day at sea! It so pretty when you are docked to look out and see miles of ocean. So relaxing and carefree.

Things have gotten a lot better for Jeremy. Thank you for your concern!

merbobear
01-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Sounds like a great first day so far, though your hints for the upcoming posts are kind of daunting! lol hope that it worked out to be a fun time and your room wasn't lost for too long.

With the check in times, this is my guess: They give you a check in time, but if you are early, they will let you in early. If there is a huge influx of guests at an earlier time, they will probably check in the guests who are "supposed" to be there early first, but if it's not busy, then they won't make you sit there and wait for hours. They probably give different check in times as a means of crowd control.

Now, that is just a guess! I've never cruised on DCL before. I can't believe the CM was rude during the muster drill, what a lousy attitude to start out a vacation with, but glad that it seemed like his supervisors were handling him. Hopefully he didn't negatively impact anyone's cruise!

jeremysdisneymom
01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Joining in....great pics! :)

Welcome! Glad you are here. :)

Sounds like a great first day so far, though your hints for the upcoming posts are kind of daunting! lol hope that it worked out to be a fun time and your room wasn't lost for too long.

With the check in times, this is my guess: They give you a check in time, but if you are early, they will let you in early. If there is a huge influx of guests at an earlier time, they will probably check in the guests who are "supposed" to be there early first, but if it's not busy, then they won't make you sit there and wait for hours. They probably give different check in times as a means of crowd control.

Now, that is just a guess! I've never cruised on DCL before. I can't believe the CM was rude during the muster drill, what a lousy attitude to start out a vacation with, but glad that it seemed like his supervisors were handling him. Hopefully he didn't negatively impact anyone's cruise!

I think it was a crowd control factor as well and would be curious to see what it is like if you are there real early when the port opens.

Update is coming with the lost room! :thumbsup2

jeremysdisneymom
01-30-2013, 03:58 PM
So, at the end of my last update, Tom and I were watching the Sail Away Party and Jeremy was sailing high on the aquaduck.

Here is some pictures from the sail away party. It was really cute and lots of fun.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1764_zpseef7def0.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1765_zps1f53c9b9.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1766_zps04c916a8.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1767_zpsc3729c17.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1768_zps64bb3271.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1769_zps81dffd61.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1770_zps6b793d8a.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1771_zps62443ecb.jpg

A picture of the funnel during the show.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1772_zps7e91e64b.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1777_zps6bd8f4ca.jpg

My attempt at trying to get Jeremy on the aqua duck. Oh well, at least you can see how the water flows!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1774_zps5096f2ab.jpg

I think this picture says it all. He was having the time of his life!!!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1775_zps91da6d4c.jpg

The horn sounded. I think I have it recorded on my phone. I will check and download it and post if I do. :confused3

And before we knew it, we were off!

Bye, bye, Port! See you in 3 days!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1779_zps340840a2.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1780_zpsff466cb8.jpg

One of him after we left port (still on the aquaduck).

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1776_zps5f227c03.jpg

It wasn't long after we left port that the Captain came on the speaker and announced that we would be hitting rough water. They were actually giving out free dramamine at customer service if anyone needed. Wow, I didn't realize Disney did anything free so that should have been a sign of what was to come.

It was at this point that Tom and I got split up. He was going to head back to the room and get ready for dinner. I was going to let Jeremy ride the aquaduck a few more times and then meet up with him. I should note that we had no way of communicating with one another. Cell phones were locked up in the safe (or at least we thought. Remember that----that leads to another nightmare 3 days down the road!!!). Plus, we had not figured out the Wave phones yet so NO communication.

Jeremy and I head to the room a little later. Room 5051. We get off on the 5th floor and follow the signs, but lo and behold, there is no Room 5051 to be found. :crazy2: Uh I knew there had to be as I was just in it earlier. :scratchin
We keep finding 5050, 5052, 5054, but no 5051. To make matters worse, the boat is rocking! I mean ROCKING to the point you have to hold the handrail to stand up. I get motion sick easy and did NOT take anything before we left port. I finally get a CM at the Port Adventures area to help me and she couldn't find it either. She actually sent me toward the aft side of the ship as she thought it was down that way. We head there and NO, no room 5051. I was about to pull my hair out at this point. Between the rocking, sick feeling that was brewing in me and the stress of being totally lost, I really would have jumped overboard if I could have found the outside! I stop in the Oceaneer Lab and a nice CM says she will help me find it. Guess what! She couldn't find 5051 either. So, she ask what type of room it is. I tell her it is an Inside Stateroom. She leads me down another hall where a bunch of other rooms are. Bingo---it was starting to look familiar. I told her we should be easy to find as we have a DVC magnet and at the DVC reception they told us we were the only members on the 5th floor. Well, if you paid close attention to my last post you know what happened.

Well,

did you?

Nope,

I wasn't in room 5051. I was in 5015!!!! Yep, when we got to that hallway I knew I was right where I needed to be and then it dawned on me about the big blooper I had made! The CM was super nice and enjoyed the laugh with me. I was just glad there was no room 5051 and I had tried to get in it. That would have been even worse! :lmao:

Up Next:

Will this rocking boat ever stop?
Will I be able to enjoy the cruise?
Oh the powers of a magic green apple!

soldiersmom
01-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Oh, my, I was panicking along with you on the "great room search"!

I am really enjoying your report, as it includes two of the things on my bucket list: DVC and the Aqua Duck! My husband and I took a Disney cruise for our 20th anniversary and loved it so much, but we haven't gotten to do another one. My sister- and brother-in-law are on one at this very moment (for their 30th anniversary), and I can't wait to hear how they liked it. They have never been to DisneyWorld and (obviously) never took their kids. (I consider this neglect, bordering on abuse, and have told them so ;)

Anyway, so glad you all got through the "ickies" before the trip and are having a good time--I could just see Jeremy's joy on the Aqua Duck! And I'm totally with you on the crying thing...brings back memories of me standing watching the MK opening show with tears streaming out from under my sunglasses. You are so blessed to have a husband who loves Disney! Mine just tolerates it, but is very generous to bless my wishes to go. We are taking our granddaughter in March and I am BEYOND excited!pixiedust:

Kat in GA
01-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks so much for sending me the message that you had started a new trip report!

I can't believe all the stress you had before you left. It's crazy that the school reacted that way. Especially in this day and age of zero tolerance and kindergartners getting suspended for bringing bubble guns to school. Here is a time when you need that and you don't get it. Good for you for fighting!

I am looking forward to hearing more about your cruise :-)

jeremysdisneymom
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Oh, my, I was panicking along with you on the "great room search"!

I am really enjoying your report, as it includes two of the things on my bucket list: DVC and the Aqua Duck! My husband and I took a Disney cruise for our 20th anniversary and loved it so much, but we haven't gotten to do another one. My sister- and brother-in-law are on one at this very moment (for their 30th anniversary), and I can't wait to hear how they liked it. They have never been to DisneyWorld and (obviously) never took their kids. (I consider this neglect, bordering on abuse, and have told them so ;)

Anyway, so glad you all got through the "ickies" before the trip and are having a good time--I could just see Jeremy's joy on the Aqua Duck! And I'm totally with you on the crying thing...brings back memories of me standing watching the MK opening show with tears streaming out from under my sunglasses. You are so blessed to have a husband who loves Disney! Mine just tolerates it, but is very generous to bless my wishes to go. We are taking our granddaughter in March and I am BEYOND excited!pixiedust:

:welcome: So glad to have you here!

Totally agree. Pure out neglect to never take your kids! We drank the juice years ago and our Disney love has never stopped!

You have to try the aqua duck. It is no much fun. It really doesn't go very far out over the ship but to be that high up and get that amazing view is awesome! :thumbsup2 Really wish we had done a 4 day with an at sea day. I would have loved riding it with nothing but blue ocean to see.

How exciting to be taking your granddaughter! Hope you enjoy Flower & Garden Festival. It was a favorite of ours last year.

Thanks so much for sending me the message that you had started a new trip report!

I can't believe all the stress you had before you left. It's crazy that the school reacted that way. Especially in this day and age of zero tolerance and kindergartners getting suspended for bringing bubble guns to school. Here is a time when you need that and you don't get it. Good for you for fighting!

I am looking forward to hearing more about your cruise :-)

:welcome: So glad to see you here! Missed actually seeing you this last trip. :hug:

Things are better at school. We had our first parent-teacher conference tonight since the child had been moved. I avoided the principal at all cost as I really didn't want to talk to her. It still upsets me the way she handled the whole situation and is best for me to just not be around her.

The cruise was lots of fun. You must go on one soon. Not sure how you would have the time though will all the trips to Disney you take. :rolleyes1 Did I see another AKL in 5 days? :cool1::cool1:How fun and I am sooo jealous. We will not be heading to WDW this year but do have plans forming for DL at Thanksgiving and a cruise in 2014!

eandesmom
02-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Oh Erica! I am sorry but that is so :rotfl2: I am dyslexic, especially with numbers and that is absolutely something I would do!

You poor thing though, with the boat rocking and everything. And I don't like the sound of the supposed cell phones in the safe situation at all. Yikes

Really great pic of Jeremy on the AD. Very impressive!

MEK
02-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Oh Erica! I am sorry but that is so :rotfl2: I am dyslexic, especially with numbers and that is absolutely something I would do!

Me too! I am constantly flip-flopping numbers. Note to self: write down cabin number! :rotfl2:

So - your cell service is gone as soon as your leave the port? And you locked up your cells so you wouldn't lose them? But you lost them? Oh dear!

Love the pictures. Looking forward to more!

Twoboysnmygirl
02-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Oh boy, I don't think I could handle all that rocking! :sick: I hope you ended up getting some dramamine to help!

That picture of him in the aqueduct is PRICELESS!!!!!! LOVE IT! :goodvibes

jeremysdisneymom
02-01-2013, 11:11 AM

You poor thing though, with the boat rocking and everything. And I don't like the sound of the supposed cell phones in the safe situation at all. Yikes

Really great pic of Jeremy on the AD. Very impressive!

I felt even worse after I started this report and realized that the room number was on the camera I was carrying the entire time! ::yes::

That boat was horrible! Update coming later today about my very unexciting first night. :sick:

Cell phone situation was a nightmare the entire time at WDW. More to come.....

Jeremy loved the aquaduck. It was never crowded on there except for the end of the Nassau day.

Me too! I am constantly flip-flopping numbers. Note to self: write down cabin number! :rotfl2:

So - your cell service is gone as soon as your leave the port? And you locked up your cells so you wouldn't lose them? But you lost them? Oh dear!

Love the pictures. Looking forward to more!

Yes, write it down!!!! I was frazzled after that whole ordeal. :crazy2:

Just one cell phone but it created a major pain with everything else that happened once we got off the ship. Our communication was limited between the two of us.

Update coming later today! Should get to our tour in Nassau!

Oh boy, I don't think I could handle all that rocking! :sick: I hope you ended up getting some dramamine to help!

That picture of him in the aqueduct is PRICELESS!!!!!! LOVE IT! :goodvibes

Yes, I did. I had it with me to begin with but didn't use the best judgement and thought I would be okay. There was ALOT of people getting sick. But, I found a magic cure!!!! More to come on that..........

I like that picture too! :)

DisMomAmy
02-01-2013, 12:51 PM
:rotfl2: That is a funny lost room story! :rotfl2: But I'm sorry you weren't feeling good! I hope the boat settled down soon!

hobbs6799
02-01-2013, 02:57 PM
newbie following here. I am so sorry you had such a rough start to your vacation.

Anxious to hear about the cruise as DH and DD(14) want to take one in 2014. (we are doing WDW in October, so no cruise this year.) I would love to do a cruise, just want to make sure it is worth the money to do a Disney cruise.

I am so sorry about what both Jeremy and you and your DH went through. I am so glad we have a zero tolerance policy here at our schools and trust me, they MEAN it. You would think with all that has gone on in the past 16 years that both the principal, superintendent and school board would have taken a stronger stance. :confused3

So proud of you for standing up and taking it to court. After all, if you don't advocate for your child, who will?

jeremysdisneymom
02-01-2013, 03:18 PM
:rotfl2: That is a funny lost room story! :rotfl2: But I'm sorry you weren't feeling good! I hope the boat settled down soon!

I was just glad to finally find it. I really was getting distraught. :worried:

Update soon on the rough water!

newbie following here. I am so sorry you had such a rough start to your vacation.

Anxious to hear about the cruise as DH and DD(14) want to take one in 2014. (we are doing WDW in October, so no cruise this year.) I would love to do a cruise, just want to make sure it is worth the money to do a Disney cruise.

I am so sorry about what both Jeremy and you and your DH went through. I am so glad we have a zero tolerance policy here at our schools and trust me, they MEAN it. You would think with all that has gone on in the past 16 years that both the principal, superintendent and school board would have taken a stronger stance. :confused3

So proud of you for standing up and taking it to court. After all, if you don't advocate for your child, who will?

Welcome! :) Glad you are here!

This was our first cruise. I am not sure I would ever be able to cruise any other line except for Disney. I loved the theming and all the magic that is onboard.

Thank you for your kind words. :) Things are better at school now. We have a new superintendent who started today actually. He is known for toughness and zero tolerance so I am hoping he makes some positive changes.

I see you are staying at Port Orleans from you signature. I have always wanted to stay there. It looks so pretty and peaceful.

Glad you joined the boards! I have made some great friends around here. It s a very good group of people.

Laracroft72
02-01-2013, 03:59 PM
I have never been on a ship but that is my biggest fear (being sick). At least your son looks like he is having fun!

Tinkerkell123
02-01-2013, 05:04 PM
The Aqua Duck pictures are awesome! I hope your next post has you feeling better!

MeMom
02-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Fun sail away party!

That one Aquaduck picture is a great representation of Disney cruise magic. ::yes::

Poolrat
02-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Oh the room thing would so happen to me..... Yes I flip numbers too and never at a good time to do so, like there really ever is one. :confused3 :rotfl2:

The fact that you found out later you actually had a picture of the room number is just Murphy's law.

Oh yes I can probably safely say that I used to get all panicky too and forget even more.

Now if I feel like that is starting to happen, I just stop myself and take a step back so I can approach the issue again calmly. Usually helps and then I can think again.

Now if it is Disney vacation brain, I just have to start thinking again, to function. :rotfl2:

So sorry the boat was rocking and probably made you :sick:

jeremysdisneymom
02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
I have never been on a ship but that is my biggest fear (being sick). At least your son looks like he is having fun!

He was having a blast!

The Aqua Duck pictures are awesome! I hope your next post has you feeling better!

I loved the aqua duck. So much fun!

Fun sail away party!

That one Aquaduck picture is a great representation of Disney cruise magic. ::yes::

::yes::Absolutely Disney Magic!!! Loved that duck! The party was cute and I had a blast at it.

Oh the room thing would so happen to me..... Yes I flip numbers too and never at a good time to do so, like there really ever is one. :confused3 :rotfl2:

The fact that you found out later you actually had a picture of the room number is just Murphy's law.

Oh yes I can probably safely say that I used to get all panicky too and forget even more.

Now if I feel like that is starting to happen, I just stop myself and take a step back so I can approach the issue again calmly. Usually helps and then I can think again.

Now if it is Disney vacation brain, I just have to start thinking again, to function. :rotfl2:

So sorry the boat was rocking and probably made you :sick:

The funny thing is, I am usually the calm one. Tom gets more panicky than me! I was just totally out of my element! That boat was confusing and took me a while to figure out. :confused3

I was definitely out of my WDW element!

I am behind yet again! :confused3 I have three major projects I am working on here at the office plus a snowy weekend full of sledding and fun has put me behind. Hope to update later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, anyone want to guess where I booked airfaire to today?

sazzifrazz
02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
I can't wait to hear all of the drama!

PracPerfPatricia
02-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Oh my gosh... I transpose numbers all the time... I totally empathize with you...;)

Oh wow... do they normally give out free dramamine or was that an indication that you were just going to be hitting extra rough water... ie... is that a common thing?

Lovemy3babes
02-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Jeremy's face on the aqua duck is absolutely priceless. :goodvibes

I had to giggle at the room story too. That is 100% something I would do. I am horrible at direction so feel your pain! And at least you didn't barge into the wrong room or something! :rotfl:

chchch Chip & Dale
02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience before your trip. I have been reading you TR and I can't wait to see how it continues!

connie1042
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Waiting to hear more.

PracPerfPatricia
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Personally I'd like both an update and the answer to where you booked airfare to...;)

popcorn::

jeremysdisneymom
02-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Personally I'd like both an update and the answer to where you booked airfare to...;)

popcorn::

:rotfl2:I think I can get one done here later today. It has been crazy wild around here lately. :eek:

jeremysdisneymom
02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I can't wait to hear all of the drama!

Hope to have an update later today!

Oh my gosh... I transpose numbers all the time... I totally empathize with you...;)

Oh wow... do they normally give out free dramamine or was that an indication that you were just going to be hitting extra rough water... ie... is that a common thing?

No, I don't think they give it away free. I think they were trying to avoid a messy situation. It was rough that night.

Jeremy's face on the aqua duck is absolutely priceless. :goodvibes

I had to giggle at the room story too. That is 100% something I would do. I am horrible at direction so feel your pain! And at least you didn't barge into the wrong room or something! :rotfl:

Yes, I was glad there was no 5051. I would have totally been trying to get in the door had I found it. :confused3 That could have been very embarrassing.

Jeremy loved the aquaduck! It was lots of fun.

I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience before your trip. I have been reading you TR and I can't wait to see how it continues!

:welcome: It still has a lot of ups and downs. Hope to get an update later today.

Waiting to hear more.

Update coming soon!

jeremysdisneymom
02-15-2013, 03:59 PM
I last left you with a rocking boat, a missing room had been found, and I was getting sea sick! :headache:

After we got to the room, Tom had a good laugh about us being lost. He had figured out the wave phones so there would be no more lack of communication. :thumbsup2 But, I was getting sick.....REALLY SICK!!

I tried getting dressed for dinner but it was rough. Everything was spinning around me. I took dramamine but it was too late. It had already set it. We had the later dinner time so we were going to the early show. I can remember having to hold on for dear life to the hallway rail just to be able to stand up.

We sat in the balcony of the Golden Mickey's and it was hard to even focus on the show. The show was cute but just okay. It was probably my least favorite of the shows we saw.

Afterwards, I tried to get some fresh air out on deck but that didn't work either.

There is another ship in the distance.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1784_zps904666c2.jpg

Tom and Jeremy helped me get back to the room to rest before dinner. We found this when we arrived. :confused3 Anyone know what it is? It was pretty raggedy and really hard to figure out. I am thinking it was supposed to be a seagull. :scratchin

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1783_zps83ba2836.jpg

The boys left out with the intent of me meeting them for dinner at the Enchanted Garden. I on the other hand laid down hoping the dizziness and sick feeling would go away.

No such luck!!!!

I did make it down to dinner and the Enchanted Garden.

I was so looking forward to this restaurant. It looks so pretty and the menu had a lot of selections I liked.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1785_zps94202bb7.jpg

We met our server for the week. Leo was fabulous and really attentive to everyone's needs. I really don't know what Tom and Jeremy ordered. I know I thought about getting some soup and Leo was adament that it would only make it worse. I ordered my meal but literally a few minutes afterwards, I knew I had to get out of there and fast. I couldn't even keep my head up.

So, I left the boys and on my way out, my fairy godmother arrived via a head server whose name I never got but will be eternally grateful. He saw how sick I was (I was PALE) and asked if he could help me. I told him I was heading to the room. He said that as soon as I got there to call room service and order ginger ale and a green apple. When you get sea sick, your body gets low on acid. Well, I did exactly what he said. And you know, that magical green apple did the trick. I immediately started feeling better after I ate it. It wasn't enough where I could get up and move around but things weren't spinning anymore and I just rested in bed.

The boys had a great meal. Jeremy had enjoyed the detective game and they headed out to the late show of Wreck It Ralph. Tom said the boat rocked until about 11:00. The captain had announced that the rocking would stop about that time once the ship got out of some channel and he was right. They were back in the room about 1:30 in the morning however I was fast asleep and on the mend.

November 19, 2012

I awoke and was much better. I kept taking the dramamine the entire rest of the cruise but my sea sickness was gone.

We were already docked in Nassau. There were several ships in port.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1786_zpsdc6bbe9a.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1787_zps2935dd0a.jpg

We went up to Cabanas for breakfast but it was crowded. So, we went to Royal Palace which I much preferred anyway. They had really good eggs benedict there. I thought I took pictures but can't seem to find them. :confused3

My sea sickness had put a wrinkle in the day. Tom was adament that we were going to add on points to DVC on the cruise. He had booked a meeting with them the night before but I couldn't make it so it was rescheduled for this morning. And quite honestly, put a wrinkle in my plans for the day. :sad2:

I had planned to lounge by the pool and get ready for our 12:45 excursion to Adastra Gardens. However, his new meeting time was not going to make that work. I obliged him and went to the meeting he set up but we ended up not buying. I am holding out until GF DVC. Jeremy played some more of the detective game while we were there. The wave phones were nice as we could always be in touch with him.

After all that wasted time, we decided a little golf was in order on the top deck. I am going to let our golf outing and some beautiful pictures end this post. I am running out of time here at work.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1788_zpsb44c6cde.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1789_zps18d84db3.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1790_zpsd5a3c21e.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1791_zpsaf577d27.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1792_zps4de8e7e0.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1793_zps84457537.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1795_zpsa88fec9e.jpg

I was hoping there would be a lot of Christmas decorations up on the ship but there was just a little.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1795_zpsa88fec9e.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1799_zpse9a1f064.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to get caught up others trips this 3-day weekend. Say a prayer for me---Jeremy is going to his first boy/girl dance tonight. Boy, where has the time gone!

Oh, and by the way, I booked airfaire and hotels for Thanksgiving at Disneyland!!! More info to come........

Up Next:

I can't believe I paid all this money for this!!!
Will we make it to the fireworks at sea?

jeremysdisneymom
02-15-2013, 07:45 PM
I just realized that my Christmas picture is actually a duplicate from the prior picture. I didn't preview before I posted. Sorry! Will upload in next update.

MeMom
02-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Nice shots of the ship and of the view from it! :)

I would enjoy the shows. They should have a landlovers' cruise - just a day trip to Castaway Cay and then back to the port. ;) That I could do. :laughing:

MEK
02-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Ugh - you poor thing. I seriously hope I do NOT get sea sick. It sounds absolutely horrible. But I will remember the ginger ale and green apple trick. :thumbsup2 I think I am going to get sea bands, although I have no idea if they work. The last time I was on a cruise (oh 20 years ago) I had no problem, but I spun like crazy when I got off.

Gorgeous pictures of Atlantis in the background. Bummer about the DVC meeting and missing your excursion. Is it really cheaper to add on points on the cruise? Not that I have any intention of doing so. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the update and Yeah for Disneyland! :cool1:

MEK
02-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Oh - and the seagull is definitely lacking! Oh MY! :rotfl2:

merbobear
02-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Ahh your golf pictures make me want to be somewhere tropical! We were in Nassau in 2006 (on a Norwegian cruise) for one day and it was so beautiful, the weather is just gorgeous there (or was on our one day at least!). I can almost feel the warm ocean breeze.

Good tip about the sea sickness, I wonder if that works for general nausea or car sickness too. I will keep it in mind because I tend to get car sick on long trips!

eandesmom
02-18-2013, 01:17 PM
yay for the green apple! So glad that helped but very sorry you went to a DVC meeting instead of lounging by the pool.

That may be the raggediest (is that even a word?) towel animal I've ever seen. Maybe a seagull, or a bat???

Some serious foreshadowing with the excursion.....

Marsheliz
02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh no, I hate you felt so bad. That is such a horrible feeling.
We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and I remember one particular morning, I felt sooooooo bad. :(
I am pretty sure nausea is the worst feeling there is!!

Laracroft72
02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Wow, so sorry that you got sick, but that apple trick is great! So glad you were able to move around the next day.

Hope the dance went well.

Patriotic_Duck
02-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Joining in! I'm enjoying your pictures so far :thumbsup2

Sorry about the rough beginning to your trip, Jeremy seems like such a sweet and cute kid.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your vacation!

DisMomAmy
03-23-2013, 09:00 AM
:wave2: Hi Erika!

I'm sorry you were so seasick! I'm sure there's not much worse than that on a cruise!

Glad you were feeling better the next day. I hope you find some pool time!

PracPerfPatricia
03-27-2013, 08:04 AM
OMG Ericka,

I can't even imagine... the seasickness...:scared: I am so sorry... that kind of feeling is the absolute worst... That head server sounds like a compassionate soul...

on the other hand, those are really nice photos of Jeremy golfing...:thumbsup2 I'm hoping you are heading for calm seas... (literally and figuratively)...

jeremysdisneymom
04-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Nice shots of the ship and of the view from it! :)

I would enjoy the shows. They should have a landlovers' cruise - just a day trip to Castaway Cay and then back to the port. ;) That I could do. :laughing:

I could go to Castaway Cay for a day! Would be right there with you. It is so pretty and relaxing. We should do a cruise of disers. That would be fun. We had fun as family but a lot of dising friends would be LOADS of fun!

Ugh - you poor thing. I seriously hope I do NOT get sea sick. It sounds absolutely horrible. But I will remember the ginger ale and green apple trick. :thumbsup2 I think I am going to get sea bands, although I have no idea if they work. The last time I was on a cruise (oh 20 years ago) I had no problem, but I spun like crazy when I got off.

Gorgeous pictures of Atlantis in the background. Bummer about the DVC meeting and missing your excursion. Is it really cheaper to add on points on the cruise? Not that I have any intention of doing so. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the update and Yeah for Disneyland! :cool1:

No, it wasn't cheaper to add on points! It was Tom getting sucked in.....They had the same offer on land as they did on the ship.

I am going to do sea bands the next time. I just wasn't sure where you got them at. I waited until the last night and couldn't find them at Wal-Mart. You will have a great time in October. I am trying to figure one out for next year. Had thought of doing a 7 day but it will probably be a 4 day with the remainder at Disney World. I am having withdrawal this year. We are not going to WDW but DL.

Oh - and the seagull is definitely lacking! Oh MY! :rotfl2:

Yes, very lacking. We never had any really good animals the whole time.

Holly324
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Just joining in...I love hearing about the Disney cruises..hoping to convince DH to go on one someday! :)

I have to put in my 2 cents about the bullying situation. Words cannot describe how sorry I am for all of you having to go through such a thing. Everyone deserves respect and the school should have done more about it! No one, NO ONE, should ever have to feel that way. Good for you for taking it as far as you needed to until something was done. What a great example you set! I hope it never happens ever again!

Ugh, motion sickness...I deal with that on a near daily basis. My poor husband has to let me drive almost every where we go, or I feel sick, even a 5 minute trip down the road! I can't even sit on a swing at a park without feeling icky. Dramamine is my miracle drug, though! I can do anything with that and feel fine! Glad to hear your motion sickness went away!

Looking forward to the rest of your report! :)

jeremysdisneymom
04-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Ahh your golf pictures make me want to be somewhere tropical! We were in Nassau in 2006 (on a Norwegian cruise) for one day and it was so beautiful, the weather is just gorgeous there (or was on our one day at least!). I can almost feel the warm ocean breeze.

Good tip about the sea sickness, I wonder if that works for general nausea or car sickness too. I will keep it in mind because I tend to get car sick on long trips!

After the winter and cold spring we had here in Ohio, I would love to be anywhere tropical right now! Not sure about car sickness. You will have to let me know if it works.

yay for the green apple! So glad that helped but very sorry you went to a DVC meeting instead of lounging by the pool.

That may be the raggediest (is that even a word?) towel animal I've ever seen. Maybe a seagull, or a bat???

Some serious foreshadowing with the excursion.....

Yes, I would have much preferred the pool. ::yes:: No clue on the towel animal. It was weak at best. Excursion was an experience in and of itself.

Oh no, I hate you felt so bad. That is such a horrible feeling.
We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and I remember one particular morning, I felt sooooooo bad. :(
I am pretty sure nausea is the worst feeling there is!!

Nausea is horrible! Was glad it got better but the dramamine made me feel out of sorts for several days after the cruise.

Wow, so sorry that you got sick, but that apple trick is great! So glad you were able to move around the next day.

Hope the dance went well.

It did for as much as it can for elementary age boys. He actually called us to come and get him early. :rotfl2:

Joining in! I'm enjoying your pictures so far :thumbsup2

Sorry about the rough beginning to your trip, Jeremy seems like such a sweet and cute kid.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your vacation!

Welcome! Glad to have you here. :) Hoping to get an update in later today or this weekend. It has been crazy hectic around here!

:wave2: Hi Erika!

I'm sorry you were so seasick! I'm sure there's not much worse than that on a cruise!

Glad you were feeling better the next day. I hope you find some pool time!

:wave2:Hi Amy! We did find some awesome pool time later in the trip!

OMG Ericka,

I can't even imagine... the seasickness...:scared: I am so sorry... that kind of feeling is the absolute worst... That head server sounds like a compassionate soul...

on the other hand, those are really nice photos of Jeremy golfing...:thumbsup2 I'm hoping you are heading for calm seas... (literally and figuratively)...

It was horrible! I will definitely know better the next time.

Yes, calm seas but unfortunately you have to go back through that rocky channel to get back to land. :crazy2: I was much better prepared on the way back! :thumbsup2

Just joining in...I love hearing about the Disney cruises..hoping to convince DH to go on one someday! :)

I have to put in my 2 cents about the bullying situation. Words cannot describe how sorry I am for all of you having to go through such a thing. Everyone deserves respect and the school should have done more about it! No one, NO ONE, should ever have to feel that way. Good for you for taking it as far as you needed to until something was done. What a great example you set! I hope it never happens ever again!

Ugh, motion sickness...I deal with that on a near daily basis. My poor husband has to let me drive almost every where we go, or I feel sick, even a 5 minute trip down the road! I can't even sit on a swing at a park without feeling icky. Dramamine is my miracle drug, though! I can do anything with that and feel fine! Glad to hear your motion sickness went away!

Looking forward to the rest of your report! :)

:wave2:Hi and Welcome! Glad to have you here. You most definitely need to do a Disney cruise sometime. It is such a fun experience.

Things are better at school now. It has been a rough year and I will be glad when it is over but it is better.

Hope to update soon!

jeremysdisneymom
04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Hello Everyone! Hope all of you are well and haven't abandoned me on this trip report! I do apologize for taking so long to get in an update. My favorite expression nowadays is crazy hectic as I think that is all we know!!!

I thought I would squeeze an update in today. If I haven't posted on any of your trip reports, please know I haven't forgotten. I am trying to catch up on them as well and I do apologize. :blush:

When I last left you, it was Monday, November 19th. The morning has been all screwed up thanks to a DVC meeting and we had basicly only played golf on the top deck. :confused3 We grabbed an early lunch at Flos. It is the ship's counterservice off from the pool area. I am not sure what we got. I think all I ever ate there was from the sandwich shop and I am sure the boys had chicken strips as they found them enjoyable.

Afterwards, we head down to one of the lounges (name is slipping my mind. :confused:) to meet up for our 12:00 tour. Now, when I booked this excursion, I was looking for a way to see Nassau, which we had never been to, without having to do it on my own. So, I booked the Adastra Gardens Tour. I tried to find the summary on the Disney Cruise website but it isn't there anymore. I think I can understand why!

One of the Disney cast members checked the group in and took us off the ship.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1800_zpsce4f4f1f.jpg

See the guy in the back with the Mickey paddle, this the last time we saw him. He handed us off to another guy (who was NOT a Disney employee). :confused3

He walks us through the market and out to the street and then leaves us. He never says a word and just walks away. We are all looking at each other like what do we do now. It was pure chaos on the street!

Finally, two vans race up and the guy reappears and tells us to get in. The seats are all covered in plastic wrap. We get in and there isn't enough room. Wish I had took a picture because he pulled down a slot on the side of the aisle seats and told the people standing to sit down. :rotfl2: You couldn't help but laugh. It was so not like Disney and everyone was just amazed.

First part of the excursion is a tour of the city and then we stopped at Adastra Gardens. The gardens are known for their marching flamingos. It is very small and no where took the amount of time we were given to see it. But, it did have some pretty animals.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1801_zps747c4257.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1803_zpsc1a83939.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1804_zpsa333d243.jpg

The flamingos were just roaming around.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1805_zpsb08980fc.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1806_zps77810e80.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1807_zps0c9ea428.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1808_zpsd2dcee4b.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1809_zps31fdc165.jpg

The flamingo show was quite comical to say the least. They basically marched (or ran fast) when the guy clapped his hand and herded them in.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1810_zps77652f82.jpg

And as you can see there was no rhyme or reason to their marching.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1811_zps26fcd974.jpg

The poor guy was losing the crowd (which was only our excursion group) fast.

So, he picked people out of the audience to be part of the show. Jeremy got picked and loved every minute of it.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1812_zpsfaecdaec.jpg

He is giving it the look "why are you getting so close..."

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1813_zps9fdabb86.jpg

Oh no, now there are two of them!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1814_zpsaf7da727.jpg

(continued in next post)

jeremysdisneymom
04-05-2013, 03:42 PM
And now there is a whole bunch of them!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1815_zps917596b3.jpg

And it was now time for the volunteer to be a flamingo!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1816_zps3f217a46.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1817_zps760e3117.jpg

And one last march for the audience.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1818_zpsb75c4a28.jpg

After the show there was still plenty of time to kill. Tom went to get the free soda that came with our ticket and I find him talking to this guy and encouraging the bird to give me a kiss! :confused3

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1819_zpsb1d9e795.jpg

The guy then hands the bird to me and gets Jeremy a hat and we have the following awesome picture!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/yelkca/IMG_1821_zps0a0298a8.jpg

While I enjoyed the gardens, it really did seem like a poor use of our funds. But, Jeremy did have fun with the flamingos and I really enjoyed holding the bird and that picture is priceless.

There was no problem getting everyone back on the bus. We had one more stop to make (I believe it was a fort) but when we got there, it was closed! :rolleyes2

Sorry, work duty is calling me away. :(

Up Next:

Will we ever make it back to the ship?
My favorite restaurant on the ship.
Will we survive pirate night?

eandesmom
04-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Oh Erica what a drag! Actually none of the excursions anywhere are run by Disney. But Disney chooses who they use and mark up the prices for facilitating everything. Which does give you protection or weather cancellations and if the your runs late and it's thru Disney the ship won't leave without you.

I was not at all impressed with their offerings in Nasaau but I do have to agree those pictures are a riot. I do hope the evening is better seems a bit of a frustrating day so far.

Poolrat
04-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Oh Erica - Sorry your tour was a bust.

Always scary to be left at the curb in Nassau.:scared1:

MEK
04-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I love the tour. I saw it on someone else's TR and it looks pretty entertaining. I still haven't decided what I want to do in Nassau. I would like to take a tour, but I think I rather go on my own if I can figure it out. Those flamiingoes aren't pink - they are orange.

Great update!

VillianDiva
04-05-2013, 08:07 PM
My heart completely breaks for your son and I'm so sorry that he had to go through that. My son is super small and often gets picked on for it. I just don't understand why kids are so mean.

robinstrip
04-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Just now joining in! Can't wait for the rest of it! I am so sorry your son had to go through that, but I am glad you fought it out for him!!

Suziewan
04-05-2013, 08:58 PM
New subscriber :)

I think that towel creature on the hanger might have been a bat!

I stayed in Nassau at a timeshare for a week waaaay back in the 90's - we just explored on our own (myself and a BFF) and loved using the public transportation -- every time you get on the bus every single person already on the bus says "good afternoon"...we thought it was so nice!

dramaticmissy
04-06-2013, 01:03 AM
I am a late subscriber but Oh I am so loving your post, you are showing how to make Apple juice out of Green Apples, Thank you so much.
I so hope everything is going better for Jeremy in school, I too Have a child that is picked on and looks older yet she is young, she is 11 years old in 6th grade, actually one of the youngest in our Middle school in our small town. She is 5'7 and wears a woman's size 10 shoe, and size 13 juniors, she is picked on all the time and is so kind-hearted she will not say anything. :)

PracPerfPatricia
04-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Oh Ericka, what a very unDisney like excursion... but it really does make a great story...

I do love the look on your face when the bird is "kissing" you... ;):lmao::lmao:

Jeremy looks like he was enjoying himself though...:goodvibes

Laracroft72
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
So glad to see you back!

I love the pic of the 3 of you. I would have been terrified being just left there by the guide. Thank goodness he came back, but that is sure not good planning on their part.
The flamingos are so cute and your son seems to have fun, and that is what matters.

MeMom
04-08-2013, 06:32 PM
He walks us through the market and out to the street and then leaves us. He never says a word and just walks away. We are all looking at each other like what do we do now. It was pure chaos on the street!

Finally, two vans race up and the guy reappears and tells us to get in. The seats are all covered in plastic wrap. We get in and there isn't enough room. Wish I had took a picture because he pulled down a slot on the side of the aisle seats and told the people standing to sit down. :rotfl2: You couldn't help but laugh. It was so not like Disney and everyone was just amazed.

That would be a little scary. Definitely not Disney like! Glad they recaptured you and got you to where you were supposed to be. It's nice that your information about the tour can now help someone else with their trip planning. ::yes::