PDA

View Full Version : The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters RP SignUps!

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 02:33 PM
So, this is an RP created as an original idea I and some others have worked on. Her's a description:

The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters is located on an island off the coast of Florida, privately owned and run by rich Professor Elizabeth Collins, the headmistress of the school. On the outside, with formal invitations to the school, fancy uniforms to be used in public, and its dream location, the Collins Institute appears to be a prep school. But really the school is where Professor Collins teaches her super powered students how to control their powers and master their abilities(as well as giving them a normal education, of course.)

So, now that that's taken care of, onto the rules!

1. Absolutely no trolling or OOC(out of character) name-calling, bullying, arguing, drama etc. We're just here to have fun. You can have all of that stuff minus the trolling IC(in character), but never let it get outside of the RP world and into RL. I'll give you a warning the first couple of times, but after that I might have to say something. Please, let's just have fun guys. Common courtesy.

2. The format we'll be using is a new format, combining script form like we normally use and book form, which is what you see in novels. Here's an example:

Annie: Annie Watson was always late. It didn't matter where she was going, somehow she could just never get some place on time. As she raced to the cafe where she was meeting her friends, she thought, Just one day I would like to be on time. Just one day. Is that too much to wish for?

As Annie stepped into the restaurant, she saw there was a stranger at the table where her friends were sitting. A boy, with close cropped brown hair and shoulders hunched and shaking, as if he was laughing. Her friends seemed to be laughing with him, and she imagined someone had just told a joke. As Annie stood in front of the door, she wondered, Have they replaced me?

Like script form, the name of the character is still in front, the post is still colored, and thoughts are still in italics. But, you no longer have to use so many asteriks to say actions.

3. No controlling other people's characters unless they have given you permission to do so. This includes temporary characters you will not play the whole time, even if they're only there for one post. Since I am running the thread, I may do this if we have to get out of a situation and you are not currently online, but only then.

4. Plot lines, OOC stuff, character development, relationships, and things of that kind must be discussed OOC.

5. There really isn't a limit to how old you can be or what grade you can be in, but please don't be something absurd like being six and in eighth grade. And being like eleven and older would be greatly appreciated, so the students can be around the same age.

6. If you have any questions, please ask, especially if you're a new role player. I would be ready to help you with whatever you need. You can also ask some of the other veteran RPers questions as well.

7. It is completely okay for you to play more than one character. Everyone who signs up and plays will make up the entire student body(I figure powered people aren't exactly common). Just don't take more characters than you think you can handle.

Okay! Now that that's over with, here's the sign up sheet. I'm playing a student and the Professor, so I'll put their sign up sheets up in a moment.

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):
Describe your appearance:
Personality:
Power/Ability:
Brief Past(optional):

So, that's everything! The game will start on Thursday, but you can continue to sign up until I feel like closing it. This thread will be linked to the game thread, so you will be able to refer back to this during the game.

List of Characters
Professor Elizabeth Collins
Maxine Patterson(Max)
River Carson
Lucy
Theodora(Teddy)
Alexandria Lynn (Alex, Lexi, or just Lex)
Amelia Daley (Ami or Mia)
Rebeca J
Amber O'Connor
Jennifer Pennifer(JP)
Gloria(Glojo)
Samantha Patten
Daniel Schaffer
Justin Drew
Jonathan Pennifer
Jack Henderson
Nathan Palmer(Nate)
Margo Reeves
Brittany Van Houten(Britt)
Toby Kay
Serefima Kasai
Eva Washington
Arachne Smith
Elizabeth ( Ella)
Diamond Anderson(Di)
Professor Ryan Weber
Professor Sarah Johnston
Professor Sierra Witt
Isabella Livingston
Jason McGrath
Julia Jones
Jenifer Porter

carlandellie
12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Name: JP
Grade: 10th
Describe your appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes
Personality: good morals and popular
Power/Ability: long hair don't care that is magical

MickeyisBeast
12-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Name: Glojo
Grade: 11th
Describe your appearance: brown hair, green eyes
Personality: really awesome, nice, lively
Power/Ability: invisibility/reading minds (YES I CAN DO BOTH)

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Professor Elizabeth Collins
Grade: She's the Professor
Describe your appearance: Professor Elizabeth Collins is tall, standing at 5"8". She has long straight brown hair and brown eyes, with black glasses with rectangular shaped lenses. She has a few strands of gray in her bangs, but otherwise shows no signs of age.
Personality: Professor Elizabeth Collins is a philantropist. She is always ready to help other people, especially children, and donates to charities often. Professor Collins likes children and enjoys teaching. She believes everyone deserves a second channce, and that no matter where you started in life, you have the chance to be something as long as you try hard. She believes powered people should be able to live normal lives just like everyday people and not be prejudiced against, and that is one reason why Professor Collins wants to teach students how to control and use their abilities. She believes people with powers are special and unique, not freaks. She has a great deal of patience and does not anger easily. She is very smart and tries to not just tell her students things, but to guide them to the conclusion she is trying to get them to make.
Power/Ability: telepath(able to read people's minds, have discussions with people in their minds, and control people's minds)
Brief Past(optional): Professor Elizabeth Collins is a part of a rich family. While her family lived in an estate in New Hampshire, the island where the school was located was their summer home, and they traveled there every summmer and winter holidays. Professor Collins fell in love with the island as a child. Even when she went off to college and then to university, she always returned to the island. Not long after she became a professor, her parents were in a car crash and died. They left everything to their only child, the professor, including the island. Professor Collins had discovered her powers as a teenager and decided to move permanently to the island and turn it into a boarding school for powered students.

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Maxine Patterson (Max)
Grade: 9th
Describe your appearance: Max is of average height and weight, standing at 5'5". She has black curly hair that reaches the bottom of her shoulder blades and dark blue eyes. She has light skin and is slightly muscled from playing school sports at past schools.
Personality: Max has two sides of her that really define her as a character. On the outside, she is a joker and a class clown, always disrupting class and not taking anything seriously. She can be disrespectful to her teachers and has little patience for boring subjects. She's smart and gets good grades but pften does not have a good conduct score and is no stranger to detention. On the inside, Maxine is pretty intense. She acts liike a class clown because she is attempting to rebel against her father, who keeps her on a strict regime to be always perfect. As others want her to do well too, Maxine has no outlet and so is often stressed but hides it all behind the class clowning. Maxine doesn't always like to be a class clown but she feels she has to in order to show her father he can't always control her. Maxine is always under an internal struggle trying to figure out how people see her. She doesn't have very many friends because she's either in detention or off on her own. Maxine sees that people laugh at her in class, but she doesn't know if they truly think she is funny, or if they're laughing at her and thinking What a loser in their heads. Thus Maxine sometimes believes that people don't like her or take her seriously or don't notice her. In turn, Max spends a lot of her time alone.
Power/Ability: shapeshifter
Brief Past(optional):Max's mother died when she was four years old. Max spent her first few school years going to public schools. Her father greatly tried to influence her to be the kind of girl he wanted her to be. After an incident on her eighth birthday, she began going away to boarding schools. She didn't always stay at them for long, since she often got kicked out for too much misbehaving. When she was eleve she developed her powers. Very recently after several more schools, her father found the Collins Institute, and, upon learning it was for people with powers, Max and her father applied, and the next day Maxine was invited to the school.

I Am What I Am
12-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Lucy
Grade: 12
Describe your appearance: Black, short black hair, short, bright green eyes
Personality: abrasive, standoffish, sarcastic, has a soft spot and is fiercely loyal and protective to her best friend, Teddy
Power/Ability: Super strength, trained as an assassin
Brief Past(optional): Trained from young age to be a master assassin, escaped and met Teddy.

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Theodora (Teddy)
Grade: 12
Describe your appearance: Olive skin (Think Naya Rivera's skin tone), long dark brown hair, brown eyes, average height
Personality: quiet, friendly, a little too trusting, sarcastic, fiercely loyal and protective, especially of her best friend, Lucy
Power/Ability: Highly intelligent/technopath
Brief Past(optional): Left home at age 17 in order to protect her mother and younger sister, met Lucy and the two have been together ever since.

disneygirl520
12-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Name: River
Describe your appearance: long jet black straight hair, and piercing light blue eyes.
Personality: she's shy, and usually a loner, but once she gets to know someone she is kind and trustworthy.
Power/ability: water control (from making it rain to holding droplets, and making waves)
Brief past: river has always kept her power a secret until now, she is worried about being seen as different, and therefore hides behind her hair and tries her best not to be noticed. River has heard rumors that her parents also could control water but she wouldn't know since she doesn't remember her parents, she's been living with her grandmother ever since she was a baby, and now that her grandmother is becoming sick, river has been forced to take over as caregiver for her grandmother (the only family she has).

Just so everyone knows I will be going on a cruise (sadly not Disney) on Friday, so I won't really be able to post until I get back on the 14th, and maybe a little before I leave.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 04:12 PM
That is totally okay. Before I add her, does she have a last name or is it just River?

EDIT: You're good Jade, and do your characters have last names?

I Am What I Am
12-31-2012, 04:18 PM
That is totally okay. Before I add her, does she have a last name or is it just River?

as of right now they do not

disneygirl520
12-31-2012, 04:19 PM

It's just River, at least for now.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Okay.

EDIT: You guys are on the list.

jessidoll
12-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Alexandria Lynn ( Alex,Lexi, or just Lex)

Grade:9
Describe your appearance: Straight almost white blonde hair down to her hips with side bangs across her forehead almost like snow, fair skinned, bright green eyes like grass, short at 5'2",very slim,and has a brown birthmark on her neck the color of soil.
Personality: Alexandria is a very happy,bubbly person who is very trustworthy. She will make friends with anyone even if others say she shouldn't, and she doesn't care what anyone thinks about her. She will stand up for her friends and herself whenever needed. She is very emotional though, she gets upset very easily.
Power/Ability: She can manipulate the elements of Earth, Water, Air, and Fire.
Brief Past(optional): She's been in public schools her whole life, moving to different ones every year because of her powers. She learned of all of them only a little while before coming to her new boarding school,before she only thought she could control fire which caused problems at school when people made her angry and she couldn't control her power of using fire. She is an orphan and has had to run from orphanage to orphanage hoping to find anyone who can help with her powers.Since she found out of all her powers she looked for this school and signed herself up hoping to finally find a place for her to fit in.

DisneyFreak98
12-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Amelia Daley - Ami, Mia, or just Amelia
Grade: 10
Describe your appearance: Average height, long blonde hair down to her lower back, deep blue eyes, a soft face, and pale skin.
Personality: Soft-spoken, shy, and closed. Doesn't make friends easily, but if you don't give up on her, you'll find she's very funny, sarcastic, and bright.
Power/Ability: Invisibility
Brief Past(optional): Amelia comes from a tough life on the street. Her father died serving in the military when she was six, and her alcoholic mother abandoned her when she was twelve. She's fended for herself on the streets, all alone, since then. She's survived many dangerous situations by using her power to disappear, and she's also used her power to avoid having to deal with people. She heard about this school for special kids, and decided to try getting in. To her surprise, she was accepted, and is now on her way. She's happy to be off the streets, but scared about making friends, what other people will think of her, and of learning more about her power and herself.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Both of you are accepted. Does Amelia have a last name?

MickeyisBeast
12-31-2012, 05:02 PM
excuse me, why have allie nor i been accepted..

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 05:19 PM
excuse me, why have allie nor i been accepted..

I'll be honest, it's because I thought you were trolling. I'm not mad or anything. I just knew I stated no trolling in the rules, and your posts seemed like you were either not taking the thread seriously or were trolling. If you make serious sign ups I will consider letting you in.

MickeyisBeast
12-31-2012, 05:21 PM
I'll be honest, it's because I thought you were trolling. I'm not mad or anything. I just knew I stated no trolling in the rules, and your posts seemed like you were either not taking the thread seriously or were trolling. If you make serious sign ups I will consider letting you in.

Those were serious sign ups, I wasn't aware that I had to write a novel of a sign up... Glad you're not mad, but I'm kind of offended tbh.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Those were serious sign ups, I wasn't aware that I had to write a novel of a sign up... Glad you're not mad, but I'm kind of offended tbh.

You don't have to write a novel. Sign ups like Jade's are perfectly acceptable. I only "wrote a novel" because I enjoy writing and I want to be an author, so it makes sense for me to practice.

EDIT: The problems I had with your sign ups were the names, the "long hair don't care that is magical" power, and the fact that you put two powers down and rather than asking me politely if you could have them both, said "(YES I CAN DO BOTH)"

MickeyisBeast
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
You don't have to write a novel. Sign ups like Jade's are perfectly acceptable. I only "wrote a novel" because I enjoy writing and I want to be an author, so it makes sense for me to practice.

Well my sign up was 100% serious, it's simple and to the point and I don't see what is troll-ish about it? Anyways, i really wanted to do this because I thought it was a good idea and yeah

(:

carlandellie
12-31-2012, 05:33 PM
I was being serious; I didn't know how to word it any other way.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Okay, I'll tell you what I thought was trollish, and we can talk about it.

I thought the names were trollish because I didn't even know what they were. Yes, I realize River isn't a name, but that person's character has powers that are connected to their name, and I've heard of a Dr. Who character called River, so I thought she was using the name because of inspiration. Now, JP, there isn't anything wrong with letters as a name, but that's a nickname, not a real name, and I had no indication of what that stood for. And there was nolast name, which further confused me. Now, with Glojo, I had no idea how to react to that. Is it short for something, is it like an asian name, I have no idea, I've never heard of it before. It doesn't sound at all like a real name.

Again, it wasn't the fact that you chose two powers, it's that you just said yes i can have them without asking me if you could that got on my nerves, since I had created the thread.

As for the other power, the "long hair don't care that is magical" I didn't even know what to think with that either. First of all, the "long hair don't care" part doesn't even need to be there. It's just a saying that I have no idea where from. As for the magical part, how is it magical? Does the hair cast spells, or does it heal like Rapunzel's? It really confused me, and with the unneccessary phrase combined with the magical part without telling me what kind of magic, really confused me and so it felt like trolling.

carlandellie
12-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Okay, I'll tell you what I thought was trollish, and we can talk about it.

I thought the names were trollish because I didn't even know what they were. Yes, I realize River isn't a name, but that person's character has powers that are connected to their name, and I've heard of a Dr. Who character called River, so I thought she was using the name because of inspiration. Now, JP, there isn't anything wrong with letters as a name, but that's a nickname, not a real name, and I had no indication of what that stood for. And there was nolast name, which further confused me. Now, with Glojo, I had no idea how to react to that. Is it short for something, is it like an asian name, I have no idea, I've never heard of it before. It doesn't sound at all like a real name.

Again, it wasn't the fact that you chose two powers, it's that you just said yes i can have them without asking me if you could that got on my nerves, since I had created the thread.

As for the other power, the "long hair don't care that is magical" I didn't even know what to think with that either. First of all, the "long hair don't care" part doesn't even need to be there. It's just a saying that I have no idea where from. As for the magical part, how is it magical? Does the hair cast spells, or does it heal like Rapunzel's? It really confused me, and with the unneccessary phrase combined with the magical part without telling me what kind of magic, really confused me and so it felt like trolling.

JP is a nickname for Jennifer Pennifer. Her magical hair can, indeed, cast spells. I am deeply sorry that I added extra wording and that it perturbed you.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Okay, thank you. All I wanted was an explanation, because I was confused.

MickeyisBeast
12-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Glojo is a nickname for Gloria and I DO have both powers and I was just stating that

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 06:01 PM
I havve to go eat, I'll check on things when I return.

disneygirl520
12-31-2012, 06:11 PM
If its okay I would like to give my character (River) the last name of Carson, so her name will be River Carson. Sorry, I couldn't think of one before.

Chocolab23
12-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Rebeca J
Grade:11
Describe your appearance: Shoulder length light brown hair, hazel green eyes, fairly short
Personality: not typically outgoing
Power/Ability: charmspeak(convincing people to do what she wants) and has an unusual connection with animals
Brief Past(optional):she can't recall anything about her past( she is having amnesia)

Squirt the turtle
12-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Name: Amber O'Connor
Describe Your Appearance: Red Hair, Light Skin Complexion with freckles, Green eyes
Personality: Shy
Power/Ability: The ability to be in two places at once.

DisneyFreak98
12-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Both of you are accepted. Does Amelia have a last name?

I gave Amelia the last name Daley :)

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Glojo is a nickname for Gloria and I DO have both powers and I was just stating that

Okay. I'll add you guys once I get through all of the sign ups that came when I was having dinner.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 07:07 PM
I gave Amelia the last name Daley :)

Okay

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 07:09 PM
If its okay I would like to give my character (River) the last name of Carson, so her name will be River Carson. Sorry, I couldn't think of one before.

I'll add it

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Rebeca J
Describe your appearance: Shoulder length light brown hair, hazel green eyes, fairly short
Personality: not typically outgoing
Power/Ability: charmspeak(convincing people to do what she wants) and has an unusual connection with animals
Brief Past(optional):she can't recall anything about her past( she is having amnesia)

Name: Amber O'Connor
Describe Your Appearance: Red Hair, Light Skin Complexion with freckles, Green eyes
Personality: Shy
Power/Ability: The ability to be in two places at once.

You guys are accepted

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Okay, everyone who's signed up so far has been accepted and is on the list on the first page.

disneygirl520
12-31-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm not trying to be picky but could you please add my last name into the list. :)

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm not trying to be picky but could you please add my last name into the list. :)

Oops! Forgot, sorry. I'll add it now.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 07:32 PM
It's there now

disneygirl520
12-31-2012, 07:33 PM
It's there now

Thank you :)

Orreed
01-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Name: Samantha Patten
Describe your appearance:Blue eyes with a green circle, light brown straight hair, natural looking, wearing only mascara and sometimes light foundation with blush.
Personality:Not popular but not hated. Pretty average. Creative and tries to be nice to everyone, unless they are awful to her. Wise but normal intelligence.
Power/Ability: She has the ability the age and make things younger. For example she can a seed quickly grow into full bloom or an almost dead plant grow green again. If something is completely dead she can not make it come alive. She actually has this ability on humans, but keeps a secret as she feels too much danger would arise if anyone knew that part of her power.
Brief Past(optional): She has no idea how she got her power. She lives in a small seaside town in New England as a single child with her two parents but never got lonely as there was always children to play with outside. She really likes the school and having powers.

Fairywings
01-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Accepted!

I'll add her to the list.

At this rate, I think I might have to add a guy character just to have one guy student. I've RP'ed both girls and guys multiple times so it shouldn't be a problem.

disneygirl520
01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
At this rate, I think I might have to add a guy character just to have one guy student. I've RP'ed both girls and guys multiple times so it shouldn't be a problem.

Or it could just be "the Collins Institute for gifted girls" ;)

Chocolab23
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Accepted!

I'll add her to the list.

Can I RP two characters?

Fairywings
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Can I RP two characters?

You can have as many as you like as long as you can keep track of them all. We have someone else playing too as well.

It could be called that, but where would be the fun in that?

jessidoll
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
If it helps I could always make a boy character. I've done it before so I shouldn't be too bad haha!

Fairywings
01-01-2013, 05:31 PM
If it helps I could always make a boy character. I've done it before so I shouldn't be too bad haha!

I'm gonna make one, and if you want to have another go ahead and sign them up.

jessidoll
01-01-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm gonna make one, and if you want to have another go ahead and sign them up.

Cool, I guess I'm having two characters!

Fairywings
01-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Daniel Schaffer
Describe your appearance: Daniel is tall, at 5'11", and he has short strawberry blond hair and dak green eyes.
Personality: Daniel is a very serious person. He doesn't joke around when there's work to be done, even in class. He likes to get things done and move on rather than procrastinate. Daniel is pretty trusting overall but can be a little wary when he first meets someone. He's smart and puts effort into everything he does. He's very confident and sure of himself, yet not overconfident. He lets other people make the first move though, because he's not a risk taker.
Power/Ability: teleportation
Brief Past(optional): Daniel had a pretty good life up until he got his powers. His dad always travelled for business, so his family moved a lot. He never stayed in one place long enough to make friends, but he had his family. Not much changed once he developed his powers when he was ten. He and his family still travelled all over the place, but it seemed that they stayed even less time in places. Recently he found the school online and went ahead and applied. He was accepted and hopes to stay at the school until he can get into college.

I tried to make this character different from Max.

MickeyisBeast
01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll make a boy character too

Name: Justin Drew
Describe your appearance: light brown hair (short), golden eyes, amazing jaw line, 5'8",
Personality: outgoing, friendly, supa cool
Power/Ability: can freeze things/set fire to things WITH HIS MIND

Fairywings
01-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Accepted.

I'll put his name on the front.

carlandellie
01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I need to make a boy one too.
Name: Jonathan Pennifer (Jornchip)
Describe your appearance: short brown hair, with brown eyes
Personality: very sociable, and friendly.
Power/Ability: telekinesis

jessidoll
01-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Jack Henderson
Grade:12
Describe your appearance: Black short hair, tan, grey eyes, very tall at 6'2"
Personality: He doesn't really talk to anyone and is rude to anyone who tries to talk to him. He doesn't trust anyone, especially strangers. He can be smart but he doesn't show it except in the classroom, and he doesn't wish to get close to people. He's very hot-headed and can blow up really easy.
Power/Ability: Stretching his body- like Mrs. Incredible
Brief Past(optional): His dad left him,his mom and four brothers when he was the youngest of his family at 11 and found out of his power. After his dad left his mom became depressed and didn't care for any of her sons. His brothers all left for their own lives and haven't tried to contact him since, he left his mom as soon as he became 18 and found out about the school and applied straight away.

Sorry if it's bad! I tried to go with something really different from my character and this is what I got.

Fairywings
01-01-2013, 06:18 PM
It's good.

Both of you are accepted.

Fairywings
01-01-2013, 07:41 PM
People can keep signing up, I'm just reminding everyone that I'm going to put up the actual thread tomorrow morning(well, it'll be morning my time).

soccer_mickey
01-02-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm new to these threads and to role play, but it sounds fun and I enjoy writing, so I'll give it a try.

Name: Nathan Palmer (Nate)
Grade:10th
Appearance: Nate has dirty blonde hair that he keeps short. His eyes are blue. Nate is of average height but is stocky and muscular. He has a thin scar stretching about two inches on his jawline.
Personality: Nate is extremely competitive, and is good at almost everything he tries. Heís on several sports teams and gets good grades. Although he tries not to be, Nate sometimes seems stuck up to others. He is friendly and outgoing, usually ends up being friends with just about everyone.
Power/Ability: Can take on the abilities of certain animals (But he currently has almost no control over this. When Nate feels extreme emotion, he takes on a quality that mimics that emotion. For example, if he's very scared and running from something, he can take on the speed of a cheetah.)
Brief Past: Nate grew up in an average, middle class household with loving parents and two sisters. He attended public school all his life, where he was always well-liked. When Nateís powers began to surface in the beginning of 9th grade, he decided to become a vigilante. But, without control of his powers, things ended badly. He was given a long scar down his back and another small one on his jawline. The incident also frightened his mom, who decided to send Nate to The Collins Institute, against his will, for his own safety and the safety of others.

Fairywings
01-02-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm new to these threads and to role play, but it sounds fun and I enjoy writing, so I'll give it a try.

Name: Nathan Palmer (Nate)
Grade:10th
Appearance: Nate has dirty blonde hair that he keeps short. His eyes are blue. Nate is of average height but is stocky and muscular. He has a thin scar stretching about two inches on his jawline.
Personality: Nate is extremely competitive, and is good at almost everything he tries. Hes on several sports teams and gets good grades. Although he tries not to be, Nate sometimes seems stuck up to others. He is friendly and outgoing, usually ends up being friends with just about everyone.
Power/Ability: Can take on the abilities of certain animals (But he currently has almost no control over this. When Nate feels extreme emotion, he takes on a quality that mimics that emotion. For example, if he's very scared and running from something, he can take on the speed of a cheetah.)
Brief Past: Nate grew up in an average, middle class household with loving parents and two sisters. He attended public school all his life, where he was always well-liked. When Nates powers began to surface in the beginning of 9th grade, he decided to become a vigilante. But, without control of his powers, things ended badly. He was given a long scar down his back and another small one on his jawline. The incident also frightened his mom, who decided to send Nate to The Collins Institute, against his will, for his own safety and the safety of others.

Hi! Good to meet other writers.

Accepted. You can go ahead and post in the RP thread. Just letting you know, people start on the mainland at an airfiend, and then they fly out to the island.

soccer_mickey
01-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Name: Rebecca Reeves (Becca)
Appearance: Has dark brown eyes and a mop of long, curly brown hair. Becca is tall and lanky.
Personality: Becca is friendly and kind, although shy at first. She is very clever and works hard in school.
Power: Gravity Manipulation (She can fly by lessening gravity on herself or cause the force of gravity to be greater on others, trapping them.)
History: After her father died, her mother went slightly crazy. She was fired from her job, and spent most of her time mopping on the couch. This caused Becca to have to step up and take care of her three little siblings. Becca has tried her hardest to keep her powers a secret. In school, Becca didn’t have many friends because she was so busy making money, taking care of her siblings and mother, and keeping up with her schoolwork. After finding out about Collins, she applied immediately. She is excited to leave her current situation behind, but feels guilty for deserting her family.

soccer_mickey
01-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Opps, just realized that there's already a Rebecca. Sorry! I'll change her name to Margo. Margo Reeves.

Fairywings
01-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Opps, just realized that there's already a Rebecca. Sorry! I'll change her name to Margo. Margo Reeves.

Okay, Margo's accepted too.

Ditz
01-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Is it too late to sign up for a character?

Fairywings
01-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Is it too late to sign up for a character?

No. Sign ups will still be open for a while.

Ditz
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Cool, thanks. I will think up a character and submit it shortly.

Ditz
01-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Name: Brittany Van Houten(Britt)
Grade: Freshman
Appearance: Britt is a very athletic girl who is rather on the short side at 5'3". She has Blonde Hair and hazel eyes.
Personality:Britt is very outgoing and loves all types of sports especially Gymnastics and Basketball. She also loves to make friends and is really looking forward to her 1st semester at the Collins Institute.
Power: The power of invisibility(although she doesn't like using it)

Fairywings
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Name: Brittany Van Houten(Britt)
Grade: Freshman
Appearance: Britt is a very athletic girl who is rather on the short side at 5'3". She has Blonde Hair and hazel eyes.
Personality:Britt is very outgoing and loves all types of sports especially Gymnastics and Basketball. She also loves to make friends and is really looking forward to her 1st semester at the Collins Institute.
Power: The power of invisibility(although she doesn't like using it)

Well, we already have someone with invisibility, but if you really want it.....

Ditz
01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Well, we already have someone with invisibility, but if you really want it.....I could also have Britt with extra fast speed.

Fairywings
01-03-2013, 05:06 PM
I could also have Britt with extra fast speed.

Okay, that will work. Accepted.

Ditz
01-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Cool, Thanks. :)

Fairywings
01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
No prob.

disneygirl520
02-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Name: Toby Kay
Grade: Junior
Appearance: Toby has short dark brown hair that he keeps styled with gel. He has dark green eyes. He is tall and athletic looking, he is always up with the latest fashion trends, and therefore is always wearing the most popular and "in" clothing.
Personality: Toby is what other may consider to be vain, he spends a lot of time in front of the mirror fixing his hair and making sure his clothes looks just so. Toby is kind at heart, and loves listening to people though he doesn't mind talking either.
Power: Super strength
History: Toby was sent to this school because his parents wanted him to stop worrying so much about what he looked like, and focus on something else (his powers). they were hoping that by going to this school Toby would get a chance to meet others like him and not worry so much about what others thought about him. Everybody knows Toby is strong, but they don't know that it is a super power, but that rather it is from his working out that he claims to do. Even though Toby does not shows the muscles to express the true strength he has this seems like the only logical explanation to them. Toby is late getting to the school because of a delayed flight after Toby and his parents took a family vacation to visit relatives.

Fairywings
02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Name: Toby Kay
Grade: Junior
Appearance: Toby has short dark brown hair that he keeps styled with gel. He has dark green eyes. He is tall and athletic looking, he is always up with the latest fashion trends, and therefore is always wearing the most popular and "in" clothing.
Personality: Toby is what other may consider to be vain, he spends a lot of time in front of the mirror fixing his hair and making sure his clothes looks just so. Toby is kind at heart, and loves listening to people though he doesn't mind talking either.
Power: Super strength
History: Toby was sent to this school because his parents wanted him to stop worrying so much about what he looked like, and focus on something else (his powers). they were hoping that by going to this school Toby would get a chance to meet others like him and not worry so much about what others thought about him. Everybody knows Toby is strong, but they don't know that it is a super power, but that rather it is from his working out that he claims to do. Even though Toby does not shows the muscles to express the true strength he has this seems like the only logical explanation to them. Toby is late getting to the school because of a delayed flight after Toby and his parents took a family vacation to visit relatives.

Accepted. Interesting character. Somehow I see him and Max clashing over Max seeing Toby as stuck up, lol.

disneygirl520
02-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Accepted. Interesting character. Somehow I see him and Max clashing over Max seeing Toby as stuck up, lol.

Lol, that's kind of what I was going for, someone who people may not like right away because of first impressions.

Silvermist20
04-23-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure if you closed this yet but I really hope you let me join!

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Marcilene Mariwether (Marci)
Grade: 8th
Describe your appearance: Long, brown hair (by long it's REALLY long. About to the hips) with blue eyes, tall, and skinny.
Personality: Shy, usually quiet, once you get to know her well she can be a little crazy at times, nice, happy
Power/Ability: Can see into the past, present, and future
Brief Past(optional): Her life was fine and happy until middle school. People started to judge people by their looks and stuff rather than their personality. She was one of those people. She couldn't handle it anymore so she got transferred to The Collins Institute where she hopes she can make more friends and use her power more.

This is the color I can use if you still use the colors.

Fairywings
05-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Accepted.

Cinderella8
05-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Avalon Alori (Ava)
Describe your appearance: Long blonde hair, to her ankles. Her eyes are sapphire blue, and she has light blue highlights in her hair. She usually wears blue and always wears a pure silver necklace with a blue water droplet on it. She usually wears blue, and her hair is usually damp.
Personality: Avalon is proud and loyal, but has trouble keeping her temper. She likes using her water powers when she can, and she always has confidence that she is right. Her one dream is the fly, but she knows she probably never will.
Power/Ability: Water powers (boils, freezes, bends, controls, creates, expands, and moves water)
Brief Past(optional): She has always tried not to use her powers at normal schools, and usually has failed. She was always around when fire sprinklers went off, when the bathroom got flooded, when the school pond turned to a school lake. She hopes that Collins Institute will give her a new start. She has never truly gotten along with most normal people.

If we are using colors, I'd like to be Blue

Fairywings
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Avalon Alori (Ava)
Describe your appearance: Long blonde hair, to her ankles. Her eyes are sapphire blue, and she has light blue highlights in her hair. She usually wears blue and always wears a pure silver necklace with a blue water droplet on it. She usually wears blue, and her hair is usually damp.
Personality: Avalon is proud and loyal, but has trouble keeping her temper. She likes using her water powers when she can, and she always has confidence that she is right. Her one dream is the fly, but she knows she probably never will.
Power/Ability: Water powers (boils, freezes, bends, controls, creates, expands, and moves water)
Brief Past(optional): She has always tried not to use her powers at normal schools, and usually has failed. She was always around when fire sprinklers went off, when the bathroom got flooded, when the school pond turned to a school lake. She hopes that Collins Institute will give her a new start. She has never truly gotten along with most normal people.

If we are using colors, I'd like to be Blue

We do usse colors, but we already have a water user.

You could sign up a different character, or just change this one's powers.

Cinderella8
05-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Oops! Is there a fire-power pupil?

Fairywings
05-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Oops! Is there a fire-power pupil?

Nope.

Cinderella8
05-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Okay, apologies for the first mix-up;) I'm also apologizing for the extensive sign-up, but I love writing and liked this challenge:)

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Serefima Kasai
Describe your appearance: She has short, jaggedly-cut orange hair and feiry red eyes. She wouldn't be caught dead wearing the color blue, purple, green, or any other cold colors. She has a little scar on her right cheek, and seems to always be tan. She is also never cold, if you touch her on a cold day, she feels normal temperature. She usually wears short shorts and a tank top, not dressing to impress, but because she is easily overheated. Serefima CAN swim, however, she wouldn't dream of doing it unless she would have to. She is quick on her feet, fast as fire. Serefima has a golden necklace she always wears. It has a ruby in the shape of a small flame. She is never anywhere without it, and if you ask to wear it or see it, you are lucky not to get scorched, unless you are a friend of hers. On the back of the flame on her necklace, etched in, there is a message from her mother: Always know I love you, my Serefima. Be proud of your power, always. The flame is like her symbol. It is on her tank tops an shorts, next to her name on papers and once, she even scorched it into her locker. She is quite skinny, but also strong. She has a fast punch and kick, making her amazing at sports like karate. Her ears are pierced. Her earring collection contains of one pair per school day, a fire, a sun, a cross, a star, and a ruby. Unlike most girls her age, she doesn't have a thousand pairs of shoes, only flip-flops, sports slide-ons, and black and red running shoes. Her nails are usually painted orange or red, and she is usually wearing expensive sports sunglasses.
Personality: The first thing you notice about Serefima is her temper. If she loses it, then she blows. Flames usually form in little balls in her hands. Pray you're good at ducking! She is usually in a mood. Her papers in school have come back with scorch marks if she is angry that day. Serefima is creative, too. She can make flames on paper seem as though they have come to life. So, despite her hard, flaming side, she is also a kind, sweet girl. Sometimes. She will help anyone in need, and if she finds someone bullying another student, she will always scorch- or, help. Serefima would never think of bullying another student, however, she has enemies. Nothing personal, however, she dislikes people who have pretty much anything the do with water. It is her literal enemy. So, she avoids them. Serefima doesn't usually go looking for a fight, but will start on up if she thinks it is needed. Despite her tough/cool-girl image, she is also quite smart. Her grades are never lower than an A-, and even a B+ is awful for her; she would never dream of anything lower than an A-! Even though she has good grades, she never studies. Ever. It all seems to come naturally to her. For a while, she thought smarts was her true power, but then she met other people just like her, and decided fire was her passion. And it is. She is emotionally attached to her flame necklace, and trusts nobody but herself with it.
Power/Ability: Fire powers; creating, destroying, moving, controlling, expanding fire.
Brief Past(optional): Her past is not unlike most of the other Collins Institute students. She was pretty much a social outcast at her old, normal schools, and was always getting the blame. When a mean teacher's desk caught fire the first day of school, when someone bumped into her and got burnt, and when the girl's bathroom had turned to steam when she walked in, she was always blamed. Determined to fit in more and to try and control her powers, she is ready for Collins Institute and hopes for a new beginning for her. Serefima's necklace was a first, and last, gift from her mother, who passed away shortly afterwards. Serefima refuses to talk about it. Since she lost her mother, she worships the little flame symbol, her last connection with her mother. She also remembers her mother's message, word for word. It is like her favorite quote, but not from an author or actress, from the person she loved most. That's another reason she hates water; her mother drowned. She thinks. Serefima's mother disappeared on a boat shortly after it sank, and unless she was an amazing swimmer (which she was not), there was no way her mother could have survived in the ocean, or on a sinking bost.Since her mother's passing, she has learned to except herself. She had one single friend, in third grade. Liz, a kind, sweet, generous girl... Who turned out to be a water-powered girl. In third grade, with a terrible fear of water, Serefima abandoned Liz and the entire school, demanding to be re-located in a new school.

(My least favorite word: Brief!)

Fairywings
05-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Okay, apologies for the first mix-up;) I'm also apologizing for the extensive sign-up, but I love writing and liked this challenge:)

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Serefima Kasai
Describe your appearance: She has short, jaggedly-cut orange hair and feiry red eyes. She wouldn't be caught dead wearing the color blue, purple, green, or any other cold colors. She has a little scar on her right cheek, and seems to always be tan. She is also never cold, if you touch her on a cold day, she feels normal temperature. She usually wears short shorts and a tank top, not dressing to impress, but because she is easily overheated. Serefima CAN swim, however, she wouldn't dream of doing it unless she would have to. She is quick on her feet, fast as fire. Serefima has a golden necklace she always wears. It has a ruby in the shape of a small flame. She is never anywhere without it, and if you ask to wear it or see it, you are lucky not to get scorched, unless you are a friend of hers. On the back of the flame on her necklace, etched in, there is a message from her mother: Always know I love you, my Serefima. Be proud of your power, always. The flame is like her symbol. It is on her tank tops an shorts, next to her name on papers and once, she even scorched it into her locker. She is quite skinny, but also strong. She has a fast punch and kick, making her amazing at sports like karate. Her ears are pierced. Her earring collection contains of one pair per school day, a fire, a sun, a cross, a star, and a ruby. Unlike most girls her age, she doesn't have a thousand pairs of shoes, only flip-flops, sports slide-ons, and black and red running shoes. Her nails are usually painted orange or red, and she is usually wearing expensive sports sunglasses.
Personality: The first thing you notice about Serefima is her temper. If she loses it, then she blows. Flames usually form in little balls in her hands. Pray you're good at ducking! She is usually in a mood. Her papers in school have come back with scorch marks if she is angry that day. Serefima is creative, too. She can make flames on paper seem as though they have come to life. So, despite her hard, flaming side, she is also a kind, sweet girl. Sometimes. She will help anyone in need, and if she finds someone bullying another student, she will always scorch- or, help. Serefima would never think of bullying another student, however, she has enemies. Nothing personal, however, she dislikes people who have pretty much anything the do with water. It is her literal enemy. So, she avoids them. Serefima doesn't usually go looking for a fight, but will start on up if she thinks it is needed. Despite her tough/cool-girl image, she is also quite smart. Her grades are never lower than an A-, and even a B+ is awful for her; she would never dream of anything lower than an A-! Even though she has good grades, she never studies. Ever. It all seems to come naturally to her. For a while, she thought smarts was her true power, but then she met other people just like her, and decided fire was her passion. And it is. She is emotionally attached to her flame necklace, and trusts nobody but herself with it.
Power/Ability: Fire powers; creating, destroying, moving, controlling, expanding fire.
Brief Past(optional): Her past is not unlike most of the other Collins Institute students. She was pretty much a social outcast at her old, normal schools, and was always getting the blame. When a mean teacher's desk caught fire the first day of school, when someone bumped into her and got burnt, and when the girl's bathroom had turned to steam when she walked in, she was always blamed. Determined to fit in more and to try and control her powers, she is ready for Collins Institute and hopes for a new beginning for her. Serefima's necklace was a first, and last, gift from her mother, who passed away shortly afterwards. Serefima refuses to talk about it. Since she lost her mother, she worships the little flame symbol, her last connection with her mother. She also remembers her mother's message, word for word. It is like her favorite quote, but not from an author or actress, from the person she loved most. That's another reason she hates water; her mother drowned. She thinks. Serefima's mother disappeared on a boat shortly after it sank, and unless she was an amazing swimmer (which she was not), there was no way her mother could have survived in the ocean, or on a sinking bost.Since her mother's passing, she has learned to except herself. She had one single friend, in third grade. Liz, a kind, sweet, generous girl... Who turned out to be a water-powered girl. In third grade, with a terrible fear of water, Serefima abandoned Liz and the entire school, demanding to be re-located in a new school.

(My least favorite word: Brief!)

That is accepted

hauntedmansiongirl15
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Name: Nicole
Describe your appearance: Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, Pal skin
Personality: Dark, but loving to close friends and family
Power/Ability: To control the dead and see/talk to ghost

Fairywings
05-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Accepted

hauntedmansiongirl15
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Accepted

Thanks!

IndigoFaith
06-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Should I read The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters rp thread before signing up?

Fairywings
06-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Should I read The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters rp thread before signing up?

If you want. Warning you now, it's long.

BK228
06-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Is there any possible way I could sign up for this or would it just be too difficult at this point?

Fairywings
06-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Is there any possible way I could sign up for this or would it just be too difficult at this point?

Sure, if you want.

Fairywings
06-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Will not be using her for a bit, but will eventually bring in, maybe after the Disney trip.

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Eva Washington
Describe your appearance: Eva stands at five foot five, a little short but doesn't mind. Eva has a short brown bob haircut, and lets it fall in her face when she's upset or ashamed. She wears glasses with rectangle frames and they are usually taped because Eva breaks her glasses easily. Eva also has a splash of freckles on her face. Despite her flaws, many of her peers have considered her cute.
Personality: Eva is very much of a klutz. She's always accidentally hurting herself or breaking her glasses. She doesn't like that she embarrasses herself, but she often can't help it. She's friendly and sweet, and more willing to listen to other people's issues than talk about her own. She likes to have fun but understands what it is to be serious. She's smart, but sometimes she bites off more than she can chew. She's insecure and not very good at making decisions. She would rather to others and play the loyal follower than be the leader.
Power/Ability: Metal-kinesis (the ability to move/control metal with your mind)
Brief Past(optional): Eva lived with both of her parents until her parents had a big fight and Eva's father left them when she was seven. Then it was just Eva and her mother fir a long time. Eva developed her powers at nine years old. They found the school and sent Eva there her freshman year. At the end of her freshman year, Eva's mother remarried, and she decided to try living with her mother and new stepfather. It hasn't been working, and so Eva has been sent back to Florida to continue her studies.

Eva is not new, she was in the RP that inspired me to create the Collins Institute, though that school was actually pretty different. In that game, you were allowed two powers, so she also controlled temperature and minor weather, but I dropped that in favor of metal-kinesis.

Also, sign ups officially end this Friday.

Cinderella8
06-10-2013, 07:40 AM
(I'm watching Spider-Man. I couldn't help it :p I'm hoping it's okay. Sorry it's so short, I'm in a hurry this morning)

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Arachne Smith
Describe your appearance: She is thin and tan with dark brown hair, usually in beach waves. Her eyes are light blue, and her build is average. She is a bit taller than most other people her age. Arachne has a little bracelet with a black spider charm on it. She is often found with a bit of spider web in her hair and there can be strands of web on her clothes, as well. Her outfit is usually black and red.
Personality: Arachne is loud and proud, she doesn't like being quiet. Yet she can be, often she can blend in without meaning to. She's used her powers for pranks before, but nothing ever too serious. Just stealing someone's book or making them trip on webbing. Arachne wishes she didn't have to go to school, but she also does good in school. She has a short attention span, she can completely forget she's talking to someone and head over to another group in a heartbeat.
Power/Ability: She can crawl on walls and shoot webs, spider related stuff

Fairywings
06-10-2013, 11:14 AM
(I'm watching Spider-Man. I couldn't help it :p I'm hoping it's okay. Sorry it's so short, I'm in a hurry this morning)

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Arachne Smith
Describe your appearance: She is thin and tan with dark brown hair, usually in beach waves. Her eyes are light blue, and her build is average. She is a bit taller than most other people her age. Arachne has a little bracelet with a black spider charm on it. She is often found with a bit of spider web in her hair and there can be strands of web on her clothes, as well. Her outfit is usually black and red.
Personality: Arachne is loud and proud, she doesn't like being quiet. Yet she can be, often she can blend in without meaning to. She's used her powers for pranks before, but nothing ever too serious. Just stealing someone's book or making them trip on webbing. Arachne wishes she didn't have to go to school, but she also does good in school. She has a short attention span, she can completely forget she's talking to someone and head over to another group in a heartbeat.
Power/Ability: She can crawl on walls and shoot webs, spider related stuff

Accepted, but I'm about to PM you.

1elle2
06-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Elizabeth ( Ella)
Grade: 9
Describe your appearance: Long curly brown hair, light brown eyes, tall, thin, pretty
Personality: nice, caring, but not afraid to get in a fight
Power/Ability: Hypnotize/ Persuades people
Brief Past(optional):

Fairywings
06-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Elizabeth ( Ella)
Grade: 9
Describe your appearance: Long curly brown hair, light brown eyes, tall, thin, pretty
Personality: nice, caring, but not afraid to get in a fight
Power/Ability: Hypnotize/ Persuades people
Brief Past(optional):

Accepted

IndigoFaith
06-10-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm happy to see other writers here. I decided to go ahead and sign up.

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):Diamond Anderson(Di)
Grade:8th
Describe your appearance:Platinum blonde hair, with red highlights and a violet bang, dark brown skin, tall, has a locket with a picture of her deceased father on it
Personality:Loves art, writing and singing and reading to express herself and escape reality, has three layers to her personality, depending on how well you know her: tough, rough, outer layer, shy, timid middle layer, and outgoing sweet inner layer.
Power/Ability:force fields
Brief Past(optional): Lived the American dream, then her powers were discovered at eight. Her mom disliked them, but her Dad nutured her and encouraged her. A accident with her force fields broke somthing that caused a fire. Everyone in her family escaped except her Dad. Her mom blamed Diamond and sent her to a cruel military school. There Diamond grew depressed and used the arts as her escape. When she was eleven the school closed, but her Mom still hated her saying"Your a monster and I will not mother you." Diamond hated herself and her Mom and ran away to the streets, but when she was thirteen she happended upon her Mom. Her Mom was still bitter, but explained that before Diamond's Dad died, he had found a school for teens with powers and that he had made the mom promise to let Diamond go there once she was a teen. Diamond cooperated only because dad wanted her to go, the same reason her mom had told her.

Fairywings
06-10-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm happy to see other writers here. I decided to go ahead and sign up.

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):Diamond Anderson(Di)
Grade:8th
Describe your appearance:Platinum blonde hair, with red highlights and a violet bang, dark brown skin, tall, has a locket with a picture of her deceased father on it
Personality:Loves art, writing and singing and reading to express herself and escape reality, has three layers to her personality, depending on how well you know her: tough, rough, outer layer, shy, timid middle layer, and outgoing sweet inner layer.
Power/Ability:force fields
Brief Past(optional): Lived the American dream, then her powers were discovered at eight. Her mom disliked them, but her Dad nutured her and encouraged her. A accident with her force fields broke somthing that caused a fire. Everyone in her family escaped except her Dad. Her mom blamed Diamond and sent her to a cruel military school. There Diamond grew depressed and used the arts as her escape. When she was eleven the school closed, but her Mom still hated her saying"Your a monster and I will not mother you." Diamond hated herself and her Mom and ran away to the streets, but when she was thirteen she happended upon her Mom. Her Mom was still bitter, but explained that before Diamond's Dad died, he had found a school for teens with powers and that he had made the mom promise to let Diamond go there once she was a teen. Diamond cooperated only because dad wanted her to go, the same reason her mom had told her.

Accepted!

Cinderella8
06-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Polyvore time for Arachne

More Casual Version (http://www.polyvore.com/arachne_smith/set?id=85390976)

A Fancier Version (http://www.polyvore.com/arachne_smith/set?id=85126754)

I like the fancier version better

Fairywings
08-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Your Friendly Neighborhood Wings here!

So, two things:

1. I am now allowing you to play staff members! They can be heroes from the comics or movies, or created ones. Only restriction is that they have to have powers. I encourage you to make them former students, so they already know how the school works, but if not, they must know Elizabeth from somewhere. I have a list of positions:

Counselor
Math Teacher
History Teacher

Professor Collins will continue to be the Principal, Science Teacher, and Gym/PaC teacher. Here is the teacher sign up form:

Name:
Super Hero Codename(optional):
Appearance:
Personality:
Position:
Power:
Random(like how they know Collins, and/or whatever you want):

2. Student Sign Ups are officially reopened, we need some more students!

disneygirl520
08-31-2013, 05:31 PM

So, two things:

1. I am now allowing you to play staff members! They can be heroes from the comics or movies, or created ones. Only restriction is that they have to have powers. I encourage you to make them former students, so they already know how the school works, but if not, they must know Elizabeth from somewhere. I have a list of positions:

Vice Principal
Counselor
Nurse
Math Teacher
History Teacher
English Teacher

Professor Collins will continue to be the Principal, Science Teacher, and Gym/PaC teacher. Here is the teacher sign up form:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Position:
Power:

Name: Ryan Weber
Super hero code name: chameleon
Appearance: short light brown hair, tall, physically fit, dark eyes.
Personality: cares for each student and likes to get to know them. He is considered nice in his real life but when in the field all bets are off when it comes to the enemy. He's extremely loyal to his friends.
Position: Vice Principal
Power: invisibility
Random: he is a former student, and has been using tactics he learned at the school to make him a much better hero.

I could have him be a teacher too if not enough sign up.

Fairywings
08-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Name: Ryan Weber
Super hero code name: chameleon
Appearance: short light brown hair, tall, physically fit, dark eyes.
Personality: cares for each student and likes to get to know them. He is considered nice in his real life but when in the field all bets are off when it comes to the enemy. He's extremely loyal to his friends.
Position: Vice Principal
Power: invisibility
Random: he is a former student, and has been using tactics he learned at the school to make him a much better hero.

I could have him be a teacher too if not enough sign up.

He's good as one position for now. Accepted.

jessidoll
08-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Name: Sarah Johnston
Super Hero Codename(optional): Miss.Combat
Appearance: Light brown hair that falls to her mid-back in tight curls with matching light brown eyes. Her body size and height are relatively normal other than the natural tan to her skin that so few acquire naturally.
Personality: Sarah is a very loving, kind and generous young lady. She loves to read, write, and help people, especially those in trouble. In school, at the Collins Institute, she was the quiet and reserved student except for with her friends where she let herself relax more. In her classes she wasn't the smartest or the dumbest only average, but in power and combat everyone was either impressed or terrified of the normally average girl.
Position: English teacher.
Power: Enhanced combat.
Random(like how they know Collins, and/or whatever you want): Sarah spent her High School years in The Collins Institute for Gifted Students and then became a superhero. Knowing her former professor needed help at the school she immediately volunteered for a position at the school she loves so dearly.

Fairywings
08-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Name: Sarah Johnston
Super Hero Codename(optional): Miss.Combat
Appearance: Light brown hair that falls to her mid-back in tight curls with matching light brown eyes. Her body size and height are relatively normal other than the natural tan to her skin that so few acquire naturally.
Personality: Sarah is a very loving, kind and generous young lady. She loves to read, write, and help people, especially those in trouble. In school, at the Collins Institute, she was the quiet and reserved student except for with her friends where she let herself relax more. In her classes she wasn't the smartest or the dumbest only average, but in power and combat everyone was either impressed or terrified of the normally average girl.
Position: English teacher.
Power: Enhanced combat.
Random(like how they know Collins, and/or whatever you want): Sarah spent her High School years in The Collins Institute for Gifted Students and then became a superhero. Knowing her former professor needed help at the school she immediately volunteered for a position at the school she loves so dearly.

Accepted!

Silvermist20
09-01-2013, 05:33 PM

So, two things:

Counselor
Nurse
Math Teacher
History Teacher

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Position:
Power:

Coolio Wings! I might not sign up teacher since I'll probably fail, but I'll definitely sign up another student when I get the chance.

Fairywings
09-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Coolio Wings! I might not sign up teacher since I'll probably fail, but I'll definitely sign up another student when I get the chance.

Okay Silv. Doesn'r have to be anything fancy.

Cinderella8
09-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Name: Sierra Witt
Super Hero Codename(optional): None (may think of one later)
Appearance: Brown hair, warm brown eyes, and dark African-American skin. She is usually wearing green or blue. Slightly short for her age, and an average build.
Personality: Kind, warm, and radiant. She will rarely be in a bad mood with the students. She enjoys her position in the institute. Sierra is a skilled nurse, and not one to give up on just about anything.
Position: Nurse
Power: (Hard to explain) She can feel other's feelings, mainly handy when she's workif on an injury. If a student has a stomach ache, she can also feel the ache. (Does that make sense? Not sure if you read this certain book, Wings, but she's like Yellowfang from Warriors)
Random(like how they know Collins, and/or whatever you want): A former student and friend (if that's okay) of Collins.

This was hard to do on my phone. I'll probably come up with a codename later, but I got stumped for the moment.

Fairywings
09-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Name: Sierra Witt
Super Hero Codename(optional): None (may think of one later)
Appearance: Brown hair, warm brown eyes, and dark African-American skin. She is usually wearing green or blue. Slightly short for her age, and an average build.
Personality: Kind, warm, and radiant. She will rarely be in a bad mood with the students. She enjoys her position in the institute. Sierra is a skilled nurse, and not one to give up on just about anything.
Position: Nurse
Power: (Hard to explain) She can feel other's feelings, mainly handy when she's workif on an injury. If a student has a stomach ache, she can also feel the ache. (Does that make sense? Not sure if you read this certain book, Wings, but she's like Yellowfang from Warriors)
Random(like how they know Collins, and/or whatever you want): A former student and friend (if that's okay) of Collins.

This was hard to do on my phone. I'll probably come up with a codename later, but I got stumped for the moment.

She doesn't need one, that's just for if, say, someone wanted to be Superman, or they were a hero before teaching like Collins.

Accepted.

Cinderella8
09-01-2013, 06:35 PM
She doesn't need one, that's just for if, say, someone wanted to be Superman, or they were a hero before teaching like Collins.

Accepted.
Oh, okay.

IndigoFaith
09-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):Isabella Livingston
Grade:9th
Describe your appearance:Black hair and greens eyes, average height and weight
Personality:Smart,friendly, and curious. She enjoys being well liked and popular.
Power/Ability:Duplicating herself
Brief Past(optional):She lived a happy life, but she and her parents decided she should go to a school where she did not need to hide her powers.

Cinderella8
09-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Jason McGrath
Describe your appearance: Tan skin, blond hair, and electric blue eyes. He usually wears blue shirts and jeans. His hair is often messy.
Personality: Always energetic and outgoing. Often the last to sleep at night, then the first to wake. He's very athletic, but when in his old school, he did not participate in sports, for fear he'd use his powers. Of course, having amazing electricity powers, his favorite part is that he can super charge his phone all the time. However, without realizing it, he can short out any electrical object of he isn't careful. Just touching the wheel on a car could ruin the car. He knows this from experience.
Power/Ability: Electricity- he can shoot bolts of electricity, charge any electrical object, but also short out one.
Brief Past(optional): He got his powers when struck by a lightning bolt that had unusually high energy qualities. Jason bounced around schools, and was usually very quiet, for when he gets strong emotions, he can use his powers without realizing it.

I'm getting the hang of doing signups on my phone.

1elle2
09-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Julia Jones
Grade: 9th grade
Describe your appearance: Black hair, brown eyes, usually wears a leather jacket and jeans, and is easily mistaken for a goth but is not
Personality: Nice but tough, takes a while to trust someone, usually blends in with the background, hard to notice unless she wants to be noticed (unless you pay attention really well), most people at school don't know her name because of this
Power/Ability: Shadow travel ( can travel by walking into one shadow and coming out in another shadow somewhere else )
Brief Past(optional): She ran away from home when she found out about her powers, and eventually found the school by accidentally popping up in the front lawn from the shadows

I don't know if any other characters have this power or not, so just tell me if someone else did.

Cinderella8
09-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Describe your appearance: Black hair, brown eyes, usually wears a leather jacket and jeans, and is easily mistaken for a goth but is not
Personality: Nice but tough, takes a while to trust someone, usually blends in with the background, hard to notice unless she wants to be noticed (unless you pay attention really well), most people at school don't know her name because of this
Power/Ability: Shadow travel ( can travel by walking into one shadow and coming out in another shadow somewhere else )
Brief Past(optional): She ran away from home when she found out about her powers, and eventually found the school by accidentally popping up in the front lawn from the shadows

I don't know if any other characters have this power or not, so just tell me if someone else did.
I actually considered making a character with that power, guess it's a good thing I didn't :D

1elle2
09-02-2013, 08:33 AM
I actually considered making a character with that power, guess it's a good thing I didn't :D

Oops...

Cinderella8
09-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Oops...
No, it's okay, I was originally going to have Jason have that power, then changed my mind. I believe Jason is familiar? ;) I'm texting you, btw.

Fairywings
09-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Jason McGrath
Describe your appearance: Tan skin, blond hair, and electric blue eyes. He usually wears blue shirts and jeans. His hair is often messy.
Personality: Always energetic and outgoing. Often the last to sleep at night, then the first to wake. He's very athletic, but when in his old school, he did not participate in sports, for fear he'd use his powers. Of course, having amazing electricity powers, his favorite part is that he can super charge his phone all the time. However, without realizing it, he can short out any electrical object of he isn't careful. Just touching the wheel on a car could ruin the car. He knows this from experience.
Power/Ability: Electricity- he can shoot bolts of electricity, charge any electrical object, but also short out one.
Brief Past(optional): He got his powers when struck by a lightning bolt that had unusually high energy qualities. Jason bounced around schools, and was usually very quiet, for when he gets strong emotions, he can use his powers without realizing it.

I'm getting the hang of doing signups on my phone.

These characters are familiar, and there are no name issues, so you should be good.

Accepted.

1elle2
09-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Can we start using them now or do we wait?

Fairywings
09-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Can we start using them now or do we wait?

Um.............................................

1elle2
09-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Um.............................................

???

Fairywings
09-02-2013, 09:34 AM
???

Well, the problem is, if you guys start now you're going to have to go through a similar rigmarole to what Eva and Arachne have to go through, but if you wait like the teachers, that's going to be forever because this is a six day vacation and it's taking us weeks to get through one day.

Cinderella8
09-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Well, the problem is, if you guys start now you're going to have to go through a similar rigmarole to what Eva and Arachne have to go through, but if you wait like the teachers, that's going to be forever because this is a six day vacation and it's taking us weeks to get through one day.
Well, I think on a few other RPs, we've had characters come in and we just kinda pretend they've been there the whole time. Just a suggestion, you don't have to ;)

Fairywings
09-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Well, I think on a few other RPs, we've had characters come in and we just kinda pretend they've been there the whole time. Just a suggestion, you don't have to ;)

True. All right, whatever, just do that because I'm too lazy.

Cinderella8
09-02-2013, 09:40 AM
True. All right, whatever, just do that because I'm too lazy.
:laughing:

It's okay I'm lazy too.

Fairywings
09-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Who are they going as for the party?

Cinderella8
09-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Who are they going as for the party?
*brainstorms*

This took me ages.

Hercules.

Fairywings
09-02-2013, 10:02 AM
*brainstorms*

This took me ages.

Hercules.

Okay, thanks.

IndigoFaith
09-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Did Infinite get accepted and if not what did I do wrong?:confused3:blush:

Fairywings
09-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Did Infinite get accepted and if not what did I do wrong?:confused3:blush:

Who?

I'm sorry, I don't remember anything about an Infinite.

Fairywings
09-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):Infinite Livingston
Personality:Smart,friendly, and curious. She enjoys being well liked and popular.
Brief Past(optional):She lived a happy life, but she and her parents decided she should go to a school where she did not need to hide her powers.

Okay, no worries I found her. Did not see her the first time.

1 thing:

Infinite can be her nick-name, but not her real name

IndigoFaith
09-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Okay, no worries I found her. Did not see her the first time.

1 thing:

Infinite can be her nick-name, but not her real name

Okay, is Isabella okay?

IndigoFaith
09-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):Isabella Livingston(Infinite)

I changed it.;)

Fairywings
09-03-2013, 07:18 AM
I changed it.;)

Accepted.

Silvermist20
09-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I have some time to sign up another character. I won't use her until I get back from Disney though if she gets accepted.

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Jeniffer Porter (Jenny)
Describe your appearance: Blonde hair, blue eyes, short
Personality: Very very shy (shyer than my other character), hides a lot, doesn't have many friends, nice when you get to know her
Brief Past(optional): She didn't really have many friends so her parents took her to the school to make friends and figure out other ways to use her powers

Fairywings
09-03-2013, 07:07 PM
I have some time to sign up another character. I won't use her until I get back from Disney though if she gets accepted.

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Jeniffer Porter (Jenny)
Describe your appearance: Blonde hair, blue eyes, short
Personality: Very very shy (shyer than my other character), hides a lot, doesn't have many friends, nice when you get to know her
Brief Past(optional): She didn't really have many friends so her parents took her to the school to make friends and figure out other ways to use her powers

Already have invisibility.

Silvermist20
09-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Already have invisibility.

Darn it! What about cameleon powers, like blending into things? (almost the same thing, but whatever.)

Fairywings
09-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Darn it! What about cameleon powers, like blending into things? (almost the same thing, but whatever.)

Technically that's not the same thing, but that's fine.

Accepted.

Who is she going as? (so I can put it on the front page)

Silvermist20
09-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Technically that's not the same thing, but that's fine.

Accepted.

Who is she going as? (so I can put it on the front page)

Top three in case they're taken:

1. Tinker Bell
2. Aurora
3. Rapunzel

Those were the first things that came to mind.

Fairywings
09-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Top three in case they're taken:

1. Tinker Bell
2. Aurora
3. Rapunzel

Those were the first things that came to mind.

Tink works.

IndigoFaith
09-07-2013, 07:27 AM
If it's okay, I would like Isabella to be Jasmine.

Fairywings
09-07-2013, 09:01 AM
If it's okay, I would like Isabella to be Jasmine.

That's okay

Fairywings
09-07-2013, 06:43 PM
My last character:

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end): Hunter Bryant
Grade: Sophomore
Describe your appearance: He has white-blond hair and hazel eyes; he stands at 5í9Ē and is built like an athlete.
Personality: Hunter is very easy going and cheerful. Heís very friendly and talks to pretty much everyone. Heís very good at masking his emotions when he doesnít want people to know what heís thinking, but likes to be upfront, open and honest with people. He can be a bit of a goofball but isnít really a class clown. Heís pretty smart but doesnít think he is.
Power/Ability: He can create and bring to life anything he can think of
Brief Past(optional): He was born with his powers, ever since he was small he could use them. His aunt and uncle, whom he lives with, didnít really know how to deal with it, and were very relieved when they heard of the school.