PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay?

Orreed
12-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Would anyone like to do a text based roleplay? I know I suggested a Disney College Program one but it did not get too must interest. I would be happy to do any appropriate roleplay really!:goodvibes
Maybe Disney related somehow? We could maybe do something where this kids get to live at Walt Disney World for a year in a Disney Vacation Club villa and get unlimited money in the resort.
Some other ideas would be survivor, medieval, Avengers, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, boarding school. Please suggest some ideas or tell me if you like any of mine! Please comment. Thanks!:goodvibes

Fairywings
12-10-2012, 06:44 PM
I've brainstormed some ideas.

I've thought of some you listed as well as.......

*KK(I did one in the padt but it died out quickly)
*POTC
*X-Men (probably leaning towards being the actual students at the school rather than on the team.)

See, I have an interest in this kind of stuff because I wanna be a writer one day and I have a lot of obsessions that make me kind of geeky so I love making up stories and characters. The thing is though, I'm not sure there's much interest in RP on the boards.

DisneyFreak98
12-11-2012, 07:58 AM
I would be up for any roleplay! I used to do them all the time, and it would be great to join one again. I like the idea of X-men students, the Avengers, (I have kind of a superhero obsession :) ) and boarding school especially, but I'd be up for anything.

Fairywings
12-11-2012, 08:34 AM
I would be up for any roleplay! I used to do them all the time, and it would be great to join one again. I like the idea of X-men students, the Avengers, (I have kind of a superhero obsession :) ) and boarding school especially, but I'd be up for anything.

Me too! I have a Marvel obsession..................and a Disney one, and a LOTR one, and a Brave one, and a POTC one, etc.

countrygirl824
12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I'll roleplay to. I love to roleplay and i'm always looking for roleplays to join :) .

DisneyFreak98
12-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Me too! I have a Marvel obsession..................and a Disney one, and a LOTR one, and a Brave one, and a POTC one, etc.

Yea! I'm definitely more obsessed with Disney than anything, but Marvel takes a close second. I'm actually in the middle of reading the first LOTR right now, and it's really good. I could see myself becoming obsessed :p

Orreed
12-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Awesome :) Glad too see some fellow writers and geeks. Let's do it! I can glady make it! But am kinda a roleplay newbie so if one of you would like to create and moderate it that would be wonderful too.

disneygirl520
12-13-2012, 08:35 PM
I'd join to, but I am definitely most interested in Disney and KK.

Fairywings
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Glad to see interest! I am a veteran of making RPs on the Dis, so I can help. I like the ideas so far. Just got back from Disney just now, so I'll discuss RP more later.

jessidoll
12-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I'd join too! I'm apart of one now but I haven't been on much.:sad1: But my schedule is starting to open up so I could get on a lot more often. Plus I think RP's are really fun and a great way to make friends,and I love your ideas!I'm up for anything,but I really like the pirate,boarding school and the staying at a Disney Villa ideas! :thumbsup2

Fairywings
12-17-2012, 07:09 PM
So, I've been thinking about the format.

Normally, we do sort of like a script like form. But I've seen other online roleplay where it's more like a book.

I'll show you an example of each so you can see what I'm talking about. In this scenario, Noah and Josh (my example characters) are brothers. Josh has just returned home from school, where he has learned a good friend of his has died.

Script form:
*Character's name goes first
*thoughts in italics
*actions in asteriks
*colors to tell multiple characters apart(not required but very helpful)

Josh: *walks in the front door, dragging his feet* *staring at the ground so no one will see his eyes tearing up*

Noah: *looks up from his computer college course* Hey Josh. How was school today?

Josh: *barely hears his brother* *bits his lip* *wonders what it say* It was.........okay, I guess. *opens the fridge door*

Noah: What's up? It seems like something is bothering you.

Josh: *trying to hold the sadness in* *slams the fridge door shut* I'm fine Noah! Gosh, why do you have to ask so many questions? *runs upstairs*

Noah: *watches him go* *thinks* Something isn't right.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, book form would be, well like a book, with paragraphs if needed and proper punctuation. Same example will be used.

Josh put his key in the lock and unlocked the door. He pushed it open and went slowly in the house, dragging his feet. He didn't really want to be here, but he supposed it was better than school. School was where he got the news. He still couldn't believe that Elaine was gone.

Noah finished the question on his assignment and looked up from the computer. He had been taking his classes at home on the computer since their parents, who were astronauts, had gone into space again. So, he stayed home and looked after his brother. It wasn't unusual, it had happened before and he could deal with it. Right away somethig was off. Josh normally looked cheerful to be home from school so he could go play basketball with his friends before dinner. But Josh looked.........well, not happy. But he decided to follow the script and ask the normal questions. "Hey Josh. How was school today?"

Josh turned and looked at Noah. He'd barely heard him outside of his thoughts, but that was enough. Obviously his brother didn't have a clue what had happened. Josh bit his lip. Should he tell Noah what happened at school today? Should he tell Noah about the confusion about the empty desk, and then the announcement that made him feel terrible? Should he tell him Elaine was dead? No, at least, not yet. He had to save face, so he could escape. "It was.........okay, I guess." He slipped into the kitchen as quickly as he could and opened the fridge door. He wasn't hungry, or thirsty, but it's what he always did.

Noah looked at Josh again. He kept getting a gut feeling that not everything was normal. It was strange though. Everything had been fine this morning. He decided to try again. He knew privacy was important, but something really bothered Noah about this situation. He asked carefully, "What's up? It seems like something is bothering you."

Josh felt angry. He knew Noah cared, but couldn't he just leave him alone? He wasn't going to tell Noah about Elaine just yet, he didn't even want to think about, but that was all that was on his mind. He was trying to keep it all in and here was Noah poking about. As he was trying to control his sadness, he lost control of his anger amnd slammed the fridge door shut. He turned to Noah and glared with fire in his eyes. "I'm fine Noah! Gosh, why do you have to ask so many questions?" he said sharply. With that, Josh turned and ran up the stairs, not even bothering to kick his shoes off. He reached his room and slammed the door behind him.

Noah watched his brother go, feeling very confused. Obviously something was wrong, probably something that happened at school today, but he had no idea what. And what was worse, he had no idea how to get it out of Josh. It was always their mother who could get answers from Josh, even in his worst rages or bouts of despair, but she was far away. Something isn't right, he thought, but what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, those are the two forms I've been thinking of. Obviously both will be easier if you're only writing for one character. There are pros and cons to each.

In a nutshell, script writing is quicker and shorter, which is better since it's a forum. It's easy to learn for newbies, and you can tell things apart more easily. But it's less descriptive and the different rules could possibly get confusing.

In a nutshell, book writing is much more descriptive and it's looser, allowing you to be a little more creative because you don't have to put every action in asteriks. But it could take much longer if you're writing more than three to five sentences, and some people might have a hard time seeing the beginnings and ends if you don't color the text.

I don't know if we should switch to book or stay with script, or maybe even revise on of the forms. What do you guys think?

Orreed
12-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Sounds good! Can't wait to start guys :)

@Fairywings Hmmmm, I'm not sure. As you said, both have pro's and cons. My vote for either. Nice examples.

Fairywings
12-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I think we should narrow down the options a little. This is a list of what people have stated they liked other than all of them:

X-Men/Xavier's Academy
Avengers
boarding school
Disney(villa, etc)
KK
POTC

Perhaps we should choose from one of these?

Orreed, I think we should hear more opinions before we decide on a format. Either one is really fine with me.

DisneyFreak98
12-18-2012, 06:59 AM
I like both format options. I think they both kind of need some tweaking to make them easier, though.

My top votes are still for Avengers, X-Men, or boarding school, but I would be fine with POTC or Disney villa. I'm not sure what KK is, though.

Fairywings
12-18-2012, 07:53 AM
I like both format options. I think they both kind of need some tweaking to make them easier, though.

My top votes are still for Avengers, X-Men, or boarding school, but I would be fine with POTC or Disney villa. I'm not sure what KK is, though.

The Kingdom Keepers. And you might be right about the tweaking.

jessidoll
12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
I think both of the types of writing are good in their own ways. Script is really good because it's really quick and easy to use,plus the colors really help show the difference between OOC and IC. If you have more than one character the colors help separate them too.

But book form is really descriptive and you can write a lot more without using a BUNCH of asterics for actions. I know that when I write I can get really in to detail and make my writings long.

For me personally,I think it would be great to use a little bit of both of them together. Like,for example, we could still use colors,put the character's name in front of the writing, and thoughts in italics from the script form. But we could still use book form to write out longer and get in to more detail like I said earlier.

It's probably not the best idea,and I'm sure you guys most likely have better ideas,but I just wanted to put that out there!:)

Fairywings
12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
I think both of the types of writing are good in their own ways. Script is really good because it's really quick and easy to use,plus the colors really help show the difference between OOC and IC. If you have more than one character the colors help separate them too.

But book form is really descriptive and you can write a lot more without using a BUNCH of asterics for actions. I know that when I write I can get really in to detail and make my writings long.

For me personally,I think it would be great to use a little bit of both of them together. Like,for example, we could still use colors,put the character's name in front of the writing, and thoughts in italics from the script form. But we could still use book form to write out longer and get in to more detail like I said earlier.

It's probably not the best idea,and I'm sure you guys most likely have better ideas,but I just wanted to put that out there!:)

A mix of both. Very interesting.

jessidoll
12-18-2012, 06:51 PM
A mix of both. Very interesting.

Thanks,I just thought combining them would help some of the cons to each of them. I'm not exactly sure how or if it would work well but it seems alright.I'm not exactly sure it's a good idea though.:confused3

Fairywings
12-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks,I just thought combining them would help some of the cons to each of them. I'm not exactly sure how or if it would work well but it seems alright.I'm not exactly sure it's a good idea though.:confused3

I think it might be like this........

Annie: Annie Watson was always late. It didn't matter where she was going, somehow she could just never get some place on time. As she raced to the cafe where she was meeting her friends, she thought, Just one day I would like to be on time. Just one day. Is that too much to wish for?

As Annie stepped into the restaurant, she saw there was a stranger at the table where her friends were sitting. A boy, with close cropped brown hair and shoulders hunched and shaking, as if he was laughing. Her friends seemed to be laughing with him, and she imagined someone had just told a joke. As Annie stood in front of the door, she wondered, Have they replaced me?

Was that what you had thought? Or was it different?

jessidoll
12-18-2012, 07:10 PM

Annie: Annie Watson was always late. It didn't matter where she was going, somehow she could just never get some place on time. As she raced to the cafe where she was meeting her friends, she thought, Just one day I would like to be on time. Just one day. Is that too much to wish for?

As Annie stepped into the restaurant, she saw there was a stranger at the table where her friends were sitting. A boy, with close cropped brown hair and shoulders hunched and shaking, as if he was laughing. Her friends seemed to be laughing with him, and she imagined someone had just told a joke. As Annie stood in front of the door, she wondered, Have they replaced me?

Yes! That's what I was thinking. It seems like a really good idea to me,what're your thoughts? Hopefully we'll get other people to share what they think.

Fairywings
12-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Yes! That's what I was thinking. It seems like a really good idea to me,what're your thoughts? Hopefully we'll get other people to share what they think.

I like it. Let's see what everyone else says.

Orreed
12-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I like it
:-)

Fairywings
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Grounded until further notice. Hope to be on soon.

jessidoll
12-18-2012, 07:41 PM
I like it
:-)

Cool!:thumbsup2 I'm Hailie by the way,just to introduce myself. :)

Orreed
12-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Cool!:thumbsup2 I'm Hailie by the way,just to introduce myself. :)

:wave:Hey Hailie! I'm Olivia :goodvibes

DisneyFreak98
12-19-2012, 08:01 AM

That's great! I love it. I did an RP using a format like that, and it works out really well.

I'm Shannon, by the way :goodvibes

countrygirl824
12-20-2012, 10:01 AM
sorry i havent posted much but ive been busy lately. can i join in my name is shelby by the way

Orreed
12-21-2012, 01:40 PM
That's great! I love it. I did an RP using a format like that, and it works out really well.

Hey Shannon!:wave2:

sorry i havent posted much but ive been busy lately. can i join in my name is shelby by the way
Sure! :) Anyone on the teen board can. Nice to meet you!

Fairywings
12-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Hello! I have been allowed to post once again!

And I go by Wings on the board! Nice to meet those of you I have not previously met.

jessidoll
12-21-2012, 09:04 PM

:wave:Hey Hailie! I'm Olivia :goodvibes

Cool,I love the name Olivia!Oh,and it's nice to meet you Shannon and Shelby!:yay:

Fairywings
12-23-2012, 12:01 PM
I know I've said this before, but I still think we need to narrow down our options. If we are intending to start a roleplay soon, I suggest we start it soon, in the days following Christmas, because that's when interested people will be most likely to be on. I suggest we discuss the choices we have to see whether it's something we really wanna do.

My thoughts:

The boarding school - this one's really easy. It's a general topic, so we can go anywhere we wish with it. We could do anything from regular to spy to agent - you name it, we could probably do it.

The POTC - following a movie storyline doesn't really make sense to me, since there would be a lot of complications. If we do this one it would make most sense to me to just be the crew of the Black Pearl lokking for adventures and treasures.

The Avengers - this one would be kind of cool. There's the "exterior" plot in which we, you know, beat up the villains and save the world. But there's also the "interior" plot in which we deal with problems between members of the team, the conflictions that our characters have, etc. Of course, if we do this one, I suggest following the traditional beginning: joining together to fight a battle none of us can face alone and finding we're a pretty good team.

The X-Men/Xavaier's Academy - this one's pretty cool too, because it has multiple elements and levels that make it interesting. There's the learning to control our powers element, which can cause problems such as accidents and perhaps fear/dislike/uncertainity about our powers. Then there's the school element, kind of like the Avengers' "interior" plot, where the characters have to deal with friends and foes, finding our place, keeping up grades, etc. Then there's the prejudiced element, where the mutants have to deal with the "world that fears and hates them". And what would an X-Men RP be without the occasional visit from the Brotherhood or the Sentinels? That there's the combat elerment.

The KK - this one i feel could be one of two things. Either, completely different DHIs in a different park, or maybe it could be like the DHIs in the books secretly recruited more kids and made them DHIs. Either way, this game would have the "exterior" and "interior" plots that the Avengers game would have.

The Disney - this's one's pretty easy/general too. We could be disney characters hanging out in the parks after they close (hero vs. villain problems, etc). We could do the villa idea (similar to school-like situations). We could be DCP students (again, school problems plus dreams). There are several other ideas we could think of too.

Anything to add/discuss/argue/correct?

Orreed
12-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks Jessi :) Love your name too!:goodvibes

Wings, those all sound great! My top votes would be Avengers, Boarding School, and Kingdom Keepers.

Fairywings
12-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks Olivia!

It's just sort of an analysis of what we could possibly do with them, everyone can have their own opinions and such.

I like all of the ideas but my top 3 are Marvel(either one), KK, and the Boardng School.

I think we should all list our top three and decide the three options according to popular vote.

DisneyFreak98
12-23-2012, 02:56 PM
My top three are Avengers, X-Men, and boarding school. The two Marvel ones are my top picks, but I'll be fine with whatever the group decides.

jessidoll
12-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks Jessi :) Love your name too!:goodvibes

Wings, those all sound great! My top votes would be Avengers, Boarding School, and Kingdom Keepers.

Aw thanks! And for me my top three favorites are Boarding School,The X-Men/Xavaier's Academy but I might need a little help with this one because I'm not really familiar with it but it seems fun,and The Disney.I really like the Boarding school idea the most because we can do some pretty cool situations with them like being spies like you said or doing something completely different like having our own super powers and having to learn to control them but that's kind of like the Xavaier's academy I guess.Oh,maybe we could incorporate Disney in that like being related to some princesses,villains or something but that's probably not the best idea.I'll be fine with anything though,I don't want to seem picky of only one option! :goodvibes

Fairywings
12-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Aw thanks! And for me my top three favorites are Boarding School,The X-Men/Xavaier's Academy but I might need a little help with this one because I'm not really familiar with it but it seems fun,and The Disney.I really like the Boarding school idea the most because we can do some pretty cool situations with them like being spies like you said or doing something completely different like having our own super powers and having to learn to control them but that's kind of like the Xavaier's academy I guess.Oh,maybe we could incorporate Disney in that like being related to some princesses,villains or something but that's probably not the best idea.I'll be fine with anything though,I don't want to seem picky of only one option! :goodvibes

Us Marvel geeks will be very willing to help out anyone if we end up choosing one of the Marvel RPs, not to worry.

I kinda like that super power boarding school, reminds me of that Sky High disney channel movie I saw one time or one of my very first RPs. It was a boarding school, and the TM(Thread Master) allowed people to have two abilities. Anyway, they let two people share a dorm each, and we had classes and swam in the pool and there was a dance and this little town outside of the boarding school. We played most of the characters as being "abandoned" their by their families, or feeling like they didn't fit in anymore now that they were different, and we got in to all kinds of stuff. One of the funnest parts was when my character had gone to the town to get something, and she stopped at the bank to get money from her account and there was a robbery. She was held at gunpoint and some of her classmates saw it on TV and came to rescue her. And I remeber this one character had, like, a double personality or something, one good and one bad. And there was this crotchety old lady that ran the school.

EDIT: The Disney could be cool. Ooh, I came up with this idea that I was going to write a fanfic about, but maybe we could use it! It was modernized disney characters as teenagers going to what I called "Disney High". Their teacher was Mary Poppins, and the principal was going to be Queen Elinor from Brave, and I had the human characters from several classic Disney movies ads the main characters, the ones in Mary Poppin's class.

jessidoll
12-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Us Marvel geeks will be very willing to help out anyone if we end up choosing one of the Marvel RPs, not to worry.

I kinda like that super power boarding school, reminds me of that Sky High disney channel movie I saw one time or one of my very first RPs. It was a boarding school, and the TD(Thread Master) allowed people to have two abilities. Anyway, they let two people share a dorm each, and we had classes and swam in the pool and there was a dance and this little town outside of the boarding school. We played most of the characters as being "abandoned" their by their families, or feeling like they didn't fit in anymore now that they were different, and we got in to all kinds of stuff. One of the funnest parts was when my character had gone to the town to get something, and she stopped at the bank to get money from her account and there was a robbery. She was held at gunpoint and some of her classmates saw it on TV and came to rescue her. And I remeber this one character had, like, a double personality or something, one good and one bad. And there was this crotchety old lady that ran the school.

That's great,because I might meed a lot of help.

That Super Power Boarding school sounds really fun,the one you played. I think if we decide to do the Boarding School we should do something like that,we don't have to but I think it could be really fun.If anyone else likes the idea of course,but any other kind would be good too.

Fairywings
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
That's great,because I might meed a lot of help.

That Super Power Boarding school sounds really fun,the one you played. I think if we decide to do the Boarding School we should do something like that,we don't have to but I think it could be really fun.If anyone else likes the idea of course,but any other kind would be good too.

I remember it being pretty cool. A Super Power Boarding School wouldn't be bad. I guess we could have a normal school, but I feel that it would be more interesting if the "public" thought it was a regular boarding school, but it was really something else, like a school for powered people, agents, spies, perhaps royalty, maybe fantasy(either like knights, rangers, wizards, etc or fantasy creatures such as fairies, elves, dwarves, mermaids, etc), etc. It would add to the plot.

disneygirl520
12-23-2012, 09:30 PM
My top three are Disney, KK, and boarding school.

Orreed
12-23-2012, 11:30 PM
It sounds like boarding school is popular :) Glad y'all will help if we do X-Men. I'm a huge Avengers fan but yet had a chance to watch X-Men yet. Hopefully soon, the trailers look awesome. Really any secret sci-fi or fantasy boarding school sounds good.

Fairywings
12-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Did a tally chart of everyone's three votes so far. As of now-

M(either marvel) - 1

A(avengers) - 1

X(xmen) - 2

B(boarding school) - 4

K(kingdom keepers) - 2

D(disney) - 2

P(potc) - 0

The boarding school is in the lead. Disney, KK, and X-men tied for 2nd. Marvel and Avengers tied for 3rd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~ Seperate Post

Which isn't really a bad thing. When you think about it, most if not all of these ideas can be incorporated into the school.
*The Avengers could have a training school for young heroes
*The Xavier Institue for Gifted Youngsters is a boarding school
*Maybe the Disney people have put the KK & their families in a school they made to keep them safe.
*There could be a boarding school for the Disney characters that are children and teens, or maybe this boarding school is near Disney and they go a few times a year, or it's heavily influenced by Disney, or whatever.

Or we could go with a sci-fi or fantasy theme like Olivia said, or a super powered school or something.

Fairywings
12-30-2012, 12:32 PM
So, um, I don't think well get anymore input or votes. When we put up sign ups, there may be more people willing to sign up then this, but if not, oh well. As long as there's at least one or two other people willing to RP with me, I'm happy. In my opinion, the quality of the RP is more important than the number of role players involved.

Which I guess leads to my point. Do we all still want to RP a boarding school? Because that's what's most voted for. Now, we did all get three votes, but still. In real votes, people usually just get one. Do we change everything so we all have one vote, or does it matter? Because, we could basically take any of the ideas we came up with, and base it off of the boarding school. I basically did that with the other ideas in my last post.

I really do think if we want to get a lot of interested parties we do need to post sign ups this week, because(at least for me) it's the last week of winter break.

So what do you say? Am I just being crazy, or what?

Orreed
12-30-2012, 12:47 PM
So, um, I don't think well get anymore input or votes. When we put up sign ups, there may be more people willing to sign up then this, but if not, oh well. As long as there's at least one or two other people willing to RP with me, I'm happy. In my opinion, the quality of the RP is more important than the number of role players involved.

Which I guess leads to my point. Do we all still want to RP a boarding school? Because that's what's most voted for. Now, we did all get three votes, but still. In real votes, people usually just get one. Do we change everything so we all have one vote, or does it matter? Because, we could basically take any of the ideas we came up with, and base it off of the boarding school. I basically did that with the other ideas in my last post.

I really do think if we want to get a lot of interested parties we do need to post sign ups this week, because(at least for me) it's the last week of winter break.

So what do you say? Am I just being crazy, or what?

Sign up this week sounds good! I agree it's good to do it around winter break. My friend and I started a roleplay over winter break and it is working out nicely. Plus I think developing character is the hardest part that needs the most time so having that during break is great.

Fairywings
12-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Sign up this week sounds good! I agree it's good to do it around winter break. My friend and I started a roleplay over winter break and it is working out nicely. Plus I think developing character is the hardest part that needs the most time so having that during break is great.

Cool! So, do we wanna do a boarding school? If so, what kind?

Orreed
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Cool! So, do we wanna do a boarding school? If so, what kind?

Boarding school sounds good, because we could add something else with it. I don't mind really what we roleplay.

Fairywings
12-30-2012, 07:00 PM
My three favorites are super power, agent/spy, and something involving Disney.

Actually, we should just pick one and go to Disney a couple times.

jessidoll
12-30-2012, 11:08 PM
I really like the super power boarding school idea, and maybe the school is on a remote island off the coast of either Disney land or Disney World? That way they could go to Disney and we can have a believable place that type of school would be. Just for an idea.

Fairywings
12-30-2012, 11:24 PM
I really like the super power boarding school idea, and maybe the school is on a remote island off the coast of either Disney land or Disney World? That way they could go to Disney and we can have a believable place that type of school would be. Just for an idea.

Amazing idea! We'll go with that, and I'll put sign ups up tomorrow once we make sure we have everything.

Orreed
12-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Great idea Jessi :) Excited for signing up tommarow!

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Slept in.

So, here's a summary:

The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters is located on an island off the coast of Florida, privately owned and run by rich Professor Elizabeth Collins, the headmistress of the school. On the outside, with formal invitations to the school, fancy uniforms to be used in public, and its dream location, the Collins Institute appears to be a prep school. But really the school is where Professor Collins teaches her super powered students how to control their powers and master their abilities(as well as giving them a normal education, of course.)

What do you think? If you like it I will put it on the signup thread so people will know what the thread is about.

I will play Professor Collins, who is a telepath(I wanted to give her something else, especially since Prof. Xavier from the X-Men is a telepath, but really, it's the most convenient thing. Anytime she needs the students or something's wrong she can just go Students, come here please or something in their minds)

Hailie, you'll like this: I'm also bringing back one of my favorite characters, who's been reincarnated into several stories of mine, and she was in the very first HPRP I was in. Her name is Max. (And Hailie, this is going to be old school Max, not later day Max when she got too dark and boring, this is going to be first game Max.)

So, here's a sign up form, tell me if you think I've left anything off:

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):
Describe your appearance:
Personality:
Power/Ability:
Brief Past(optional):

And for the last part, we always need rules. Here are a couple I've thought up. Just put one down if you think I've forgotten it:

1. Absolutely no trolling or OOC(out of character) name-calling, bullying, arguing, drama etc. We're just here to have fun. You can have all of that stuff minus the trolling IC(in character), but never let it get outside of the RP world and into RL. I'll give you a warning the first couple of times, but after that I might have to say something. Please, let's just have fun guys. Common courtesy.

2. The format rule(too lazy to write it out, but basically describes the format we'll be using)

3. No controlling other people's characters unless they have given you permission to do so. This includes temporary characters you will not play the whole time, even if they're only there for one post. Since I am running the thread, I may do this if we have to get out of a situation and you are not currently online, but only then.

4. Plot lines, OOC stuff, character development, relationships, and things of that kind must be discussed OOC.

5. There really isn't a limit to how old you can be or what grade you can be in, but please don't be something absurd like being six and in eighth grade. And being like eleven and older would be greatly appreciated, so the students can be around the same age.

6. If you have any questions, please ask, especially if you're a new role player. I would be ready to help you with whatever you need. You can also ask some of the other veteran RPers questions as well.

7. It is completely okay for you to play more than one character. Everyone who signs up and plays will make up the entire student body(I figure powered people aren't exactly common). Just don't take more characters than you think you can handle.

I know it seems like a lot, but I've found that sometimes I need these.

So........I think that's everything.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Did I forget something?

jessidoll
12-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Slept in.

So, here's a summary:

The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters is located on an island off the coast of Florida, privately owned and run by rich Professor Elizabeth Collins, the headmistress of the school. On the outside, with formal invitations to the school, fancy uniforms to be used in public, and its dream location, the Collins Institute appears to be a prep school. But really the school is where Professor Collins teaches her super powered students how to control their powers and master their abilities(as well as giving them a normal education, of course.)

What do you think? If you like it I will put it on the signup thread so people will know what the thread is about.

I will play Professor Collins, who is a telepath(I wanted to give her something else, especially since Prof. Xavier from the X-Men is a telepath, but really, it's the most convenient thing. Anytime she needs the students or something's wrong she can just go Students, come here please or something in their minds)

Hailie, you'll like this: I'm also bringing back one of my favorite characters, who's been reincarnated into several stories of mine, and she was in the very first HPRP I was in. Her name is Max. (And Hailie, this is going to be old school Max, not later day Max when she got too dark and boring, this is going to be first game Max.)

So, here's a sign up form, tell me if you think I've left anything off:

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):
Describe your appearance:
Personality:
Power/Ability:
Brief Past(optional):

And for the last part, we always need rules. Here are a couple I've thought up. Just put one down if you think I've forgotten it:

1. Absolutely no trolling or OOC(out of character) name-calling, bullying, arguing, drama etc. We're just here to have fun. You can have all of that stuff minus the trolling IC(in character), but never let it get outside of the RP world and into RL. I'll give you a warning the first couple of times, but after that I might have to say something. Please, let's just have fun guys. Common courtesy.

2. The format rule(too lazy to write it out, but basically describes the format we'll be using)

3. No controlling other people's characters unless they have given you permission to do so. This includes temporary characters you will not play the whole time, even if they're only there for one post. Since I am running the thread, I may do this if we have to get out of a situation and you are not currently online, but only then.

4. Plot lines, OOC stuff, character development, relationships, and things of that kind must be discussed OOC.

5. There really isn't a limit to how old you can be or what grade you can be in, but please don't be something absurd like being six and in eighth grade. And being like eleven and older would be greatly appreciated, so the students can be around the same age.

6. If you have any questions, please ask, especially if you're a new role player. I would be ready to help you with whatever you need. You can also ask some of the other veteran RPers questions as well.

7. It is completely okay for you to play more than one character. Everyone who signs up and plays will make up the entire student body(I figure powered people aren't exactly common). Just don't take more characters than you think you can handle.

I know it seems like a lot, but I've found that sometimes I need these.

So........I think that's everything.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Did I forget something?

I like everything, especially bringing back Max! But yeah I think you've got everything for the sign-ups and rules, it all sounds right.

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Okay! I'll put the thread together.

jessidoll
12-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Okay! I'll put the thread together.

Cool!

Fairywings
12-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Put the thread up.

I hope people sign up.