PDA

View Full Version : Just Back--Quick Reviews

DancingBear
12-16-2002, 01:41 PM
Boma rocks! Had breakfast and dinner there. At dinner in particular lots of interesting tastes and ingredients. I had three plates of food before I even tried any of the meats.

Chefs de France was very good as before, excellent service, not rushed at all. Dishes we tried included the filet mignon, shrimp over risotto, a large tart appetizer with cheese and bacon-like ham, onion soup, roquefort salad, profiteroles and the apple tart. Cheese plate appetizer was somewhat bland (other than the roquefort). Good value for the CP dinner package.

Mama Melrose was greatly improved from several years ago. Enjoyed the four-cheese pizza, filet mignon, field greens salad, osso bucco, and the oriechette. Still a bit pricy for the Fantasmic! dinner package unless you get the highest price items, and as it turns out we really didn't need the package to get decent seating at Fantasmic! this time of year.

1900 Park Fare. Acceptable food, very good character interaction, including Piglet and Goofy spending a lot of time in the waiting area.

Liberty Tree Tavern. Very good, simple American fare--the roasted veggies were quite good, as was the turkey and dressing. DW liked the turkey gravy. Characters were really great here--had lots of fun with our 2yo DS.

Bongo's---Off and on service, food was fairly bland. If you want this type of food, go to Columbia Restaurant in Celebration instead.

Biergarten--Good food, service was good most of the way through the meal but took an extra 10 minutes to get and settle up our check. The show seemed shorter than before and there were no dancers as there were when we went years ago. Also a bit of a madhouse getting in on a cold Saturday night, we got in 30 minutes after our PS time.

Tusker House--Food was just okay, but the AK meal certificate was definitely a good deal---enjoyed our popcorn, bottled sodas and ice cream (we got soft serve cones at the entrance to Asia) later in the day, and took a bottle of water back with us.

Columbia House--Comfortable setting. Weren't impressed with the fish/chicken/chips combo, but liked the salad with walnuts/chicken/cheese and the vegetarian chili (note--you can get a cup of chili without the bread bowl for $1 less--not shown on the menu, must ask).

Pepper Market--still like the atmosphere here, and eating off real plates with real metal forks, but wouldn't go back to the Chinese wok station (although the CM there was very accomodating making dishes to order for me and for DW which weren't on the menu). Nothing really wrong with the meals, just not very tasty---would definitely go Mexican next time.

Misti
12-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the dining review! Enjoyed your resort review on the other board as well. :)

Chefs de France sounds great. I love profiteroles. Yum! :)

Misti
12-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the dining review! Enjoyed your resort review on the other board as well. :)

Misti
12-16-2002, 03:31 PM

Krissalee
12-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the reviews! It must have been a wonderful trip!

I love Boma, too. Had dinner there twice on prebious trips, and had breakfast for the first time 2 weeks ago. YUM!