PDA

View Full Version : What's my best bet for park passes?

MickeyMagic
05-10-2001, 06:17 PM
I'm feeling totally confused on the park pass options for Disneyland. If someone could outline them or point me in the right direction to understand what is available, I would really appreciate it!

Here's what I'd like to do (maybe you can tell me how to do it):

I plan to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for 2 nights then move to a cheaper hotel for 3 nights. I want to go to DL/DCA for 3 or 4 days and I must have park hopping! I would really like early entry all days, but could settle for EE for just the days I'm onsite.

Here's what I see as options:

1. Buy a 3- or 4-day resort magic package

2. Buy passes with my AAA discount

3. Buy passes with my DC discount

Of course, I would like the cheapest option that alllows park hopping as well as at least some early entry days.

Thanks for your advice!
MickeyMagic

Floydian
05-10-2001, 06:36 PM
4. Buy passes for Floydian and send him in your place!!!!! ;)

Well, since that option is out, I'd go for 2 or 3. You should be able to get EE for the days you are at the DL Hotel, no matter the tickets. Of course, I could be VERY wrong there. Then, you can use the day you'd get with your Hopper Pass while you are in the off-site hotel. But if you go for a package, you'll only be getting the tickets for the 2 days you are there, and then you'd have to buy other passes for when you move to the off-site hotel.

As I understand it, all Multi-Day Passes are now being converted into Hopper Passes. So, there's no worry for you there on that front. Again, I could be VERY wrong here too, but I'm much more sure of this one.

Finally, I know that you get a $10 discount on 4-Day passes using DC, from $137 down to $127. However, these are not the Flex Passports that also give you early entry. Buying those from AAA will cost you the full $137. So you would be essentially paying the extra $10 for the EE, which is worth it to me, but it may not be to you.

Bottom line, I am a very confused person, and only hope you can make some sense of what I've told you. :)