PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving!

travlinohio
10-30-2012, 02:47 PM
So this is our familys first trip to FW (Me, my wife, and the inlaws) two trailers, plenty of room. My question is what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving dinner? I thought I asked this before, but cant seem to find in on here! So, I am asking again!

Any other tips or must do's are welcome too!

bama_ed
10-30-2012, 04:42 PM
travelinohio,

First question: what part of Ohio are you in? I was born and raised in Akron and also lived up toward Cleveland too....

We did Thanksgiving in 2009 at the Fort. We cooked a 20#+ turkey and fed 17 people from a popup. :goodvibes.

The parks are crowded Thurs-Sun. Get to the grocery store early in the week to get things you need food-wise. I waited too long till Wed and had to make comprimises to my menu.

We also went to the Gaylord Palms resort just off property and saw the ICE walk-thru show. Very cool: http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-palms/christmas-in-orlando/ice-experience/index.html

Go looping in the evenings or walk down around loops 100-400+700 at the Christmas decorations that will already be put up by campers. The big Christmas tree will go up in front of Trails End on Thanksgiving night so you will see it Friday morning.

It's a magical time so enjoy!

Bama ED

PS-We also watched a lot of college football outside at our site over the weekend in between wandering over to the Trading Posts, the marina, and the campfire/movie.

PPS-Welcome to the DIS Camping Board :welcome:

articfox676
10-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Would be hard at this late date to get a dinner reservation at Disney restaurants. Best to cook at the campsite. Doesn't have to be turkey. Being together is what counts. Enjoy the Fort and good weather.

luckycharm19335
10-30-2012, 07:15 PM
We always have Thanksgiving dinner at Artist Point at The Wilderness Lodge.
After fireworks and electric parade at the beach, I go back to the campsite and take down all of my Thanksgiving decorations and change to Christmas.

TheRustyScupper
10-30-2012, 11:47 PM
. . . what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving dinner? . . .

1) I like good food at Thanksgiving.
2) But, I also want a different atmosphere.
3) So, I have an off-the-wall and out-of-the-way favorite.
4) Trail's End Thanksgiving Lunch and Dinner Buffet
. . . hearty vegetable soup, salad bar, fruit
. . . smoked turkey breast, mustard glazed ham, corn bread stuffing
. . . chicken, bbq pork ribs, baked salmon, penne pasta
. . . green beans, glazed carrots, broccoli,
. . . butternut squash, mashed potatoes, candied yams,
. . . pumpkin pie

NOTE:
There are several WDW eateries with traditional Thanksgiving
food. I don't think there are any bad choices. Turkey is pretty
much turkey, and I can get that at home. So, I go for atmosphere
I can't get at home.

travlinohio
11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks all! Bama Ed, I am from Medina, originally from the youngstown area!