PDA

View Full Version : Travelling on Christmas Day

Boomer1
10-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Looking for some info from fellow Disboards campers. We have travelled to the Fort every year since 2003, but have never left on Christmas Day. This year I complete my last shift before vacation at 7 am on December 25th.
Our plan is for my DH and family to pick me up at work with the fifth wheel in tow and off we will go. We live in New Brunswick, Canada and hope to be past New York City before we put up for the night.
We have a diesel truck and will travel on I-95, however I am worried about the availability of open gas/diesel stations on Christmas Day.
Anyone have any information or previous experience with this concern. My DH has suggested buying some sort of tank designed for holding fuel in the truck box.
I am so excited to be leaving for FW in less than two months:cool1:

becky1960
10-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Your husband has the right Idea, the truck stops should be open but a lot o the stations will be closed and most resturants, one year we could not find a resturant open except Ihop..

double r
10-26-2012, 03:33 PM
The service plazas on 95 should all be open the only one that will be closed is all the way in Md. the Maryland House is presently closed for renovations. Plus as said before the truck stops will also be open so you should not have any problems finding fuel.