PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please explain "dummy" bookings-not exactly sure lol

briarrose1
10-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Are you booking on the ship and leaving the date open, or at home?

Been going to Disney since 95, but new to this board.

Please help this "earning her ears" chick please:)

Pinocchio #1 Fan
10-24-2012, 03:57 AM
When you are on a Disney cruise, you get an incentive for booking your next cruise while you are onboard. You get 10% off your next cruise, only have to put 10% down, and you get a $100 onboard credit on a short cruise, a $200 onboard credit on a cruise of 7 days or longer.

For example, say you want to book a cruise in 2014, and are on board the Wonder this week. You want that discount, so what you do is book a 7day cruise in 2013 that you have no intention of taking, then, when the schedule for 2014 comes out(at this rate, February of 2013), you move the reservation to the date you want in 2014, and still get the discount and the onboard credit.

Thats how it works.

briarrose1
10-24-2012, 05:07 AM
OMGoodness....I've done a dummy cruise and didn't know that's what it was called:lmao:

Just got off the Fantasy and booked two rooms for ourselves & brothers family for next October--I was just calling it a "store credit":sad2:

Thanks for the help;)

reimero
10-24-2012, 08:21 AM
It's the same basic principle. In fact, if you mention you don't have a date in mind, they'll typically find an underselling 3 or 4-day cruise late the following year just to get you in the system, and they'll look for the absolute cheapest fare to keep the deposit down. It works pretty well.

goofygurlie
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I have been wondering the same thing! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards