PDA

View Full Version : So...how much do you really save booking on opening day?

mom2aredhead
10-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Our first cruise was the 6/29 Eastern Fantasy. We're hooked. Looking forward to booking another one IF we can make the price/itinerary/dates work.
We booked our last one in April about 65 days out using VGT. Perfectly happy with our stateroom and the price we paid, especially since it was a holiday week.
Thinking about trying to do something for Easter week 2014. Clearly there will be no VGT for that week, but I'm wondering what the opening day prices for that week in 2013 were. Anywhere I can find that?

kcashner
10-23-2012, 09:27 PM
There is a sticky at the top of the page listing the opening day prices for many cruises.

jmpooh
10-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Our first cruise was the 6/29 Eastern Fantasy. We're hooked. Looking forward to booking another one IF we can make the price/itinerary/dates work.
We booked our last one in April about 65 days out using VGT. Perfectly happy with our stateroom and the price we paid, especially since it was a holiday week.
Thinking about trying to do something for Easter week 2014. Clearly there will be no VGT for that week, but I'm wondering what the opening day prices for that week in 2013 were. Anywhere I can find that?

I have been wondering he same thing! We went on the 8 night cruise out of NY in Aug and paid a lot of money. About 75 days before sailing Disney offered VGT, OGT, IGT categories. We are looking to hook in 2013 and 2014 but are unsure what to do. Book now or wait until approx 75 days before the cruise.

lbgraves
10-23-2012, 09:42 PM
The *TY rates have not been lower than the opening day prices. If you have the flexibility to book those, then wait for them. There seem to be more offered all the time. If there is a pricing error, you will only have a short time to get that rate opening day. That could mean a huge savings.