PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Room Pass

VeroBeachGirl
10-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Can I buy a day pass to the rainforest room on the ship or do I have to do it beforehand?

kcashner
10-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Multi day passes are sold only on board. Single day passes....it varies. I've been TOLD that they don't sell them on the ship, but when I've asked to purchase one I've never been turned down. You can't go wrong buying in advance--if you opt to upgrade from a single to a multi-day on board, you can do that.

vbgal
10-23-2012, 07:11 PM
We got ours on board. We ended up never using the pass and were refunded at the end on our trip.

jillgunter
10-23-2012, 08:58 PM
If you want to get before, you have to call the number for ordering gifts. I ordered two for our cruise in a few weeks just last week. I dont think many people know what it is or to order it. I would have no clue if it was not for this board! Personally I say order at least one day if you really want it.

snykymom
10-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Silly question - what's the Rainforest Room?

wanderluster25
10-24-2012, 01:57 PM
We got a daypass for $16. We bought onboard.

penel3
10-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Is there a rainforest room on the Wonder?

simbasmom2
10-24-2012, 02:37 PM
We always buy ours onboard. They ask us what day we want to use it on and they put a sticker on our room key. It is very easy. I have been told they can sell out, so this is why we buy it asap after boarding.

VeroBeachGirl
10-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks Everyone! We'll buy it once onboard pending the kids comfort level at the kid's clubs.

Itinkso
10-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Silly question - what's the Rainforest Room?

DD and I spent a few hours in the Rainforest Room and had a very relaxing time!
Here is a link:
http://www.mommymusings.com/rainforest-room-on-the-disney-fantasy/

kindsoul73
10-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the link to your blog. I wasn't going to get a day pass, but I might now.

job09
10-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Ditto on the blog, showed my husband and now he is excited too! (not as big disney fan as the rest of us!:sad2:) The spa looks heavenly:thumbsup2

Itinkso
10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the link to your blog. I wasn't going to get a day pass, but I might now.

Actually not my blog, I was on on my DH's iPad and couldn't find the link I have bookmarked on mine...mommy musings has a nice blog, probably the best description of the Rainforest Room I've seen! :goodvibes

sunshineNJ
10-24-2012, 07:38 PM
What's the Rainforest Room?:)

Itinkso
10-24-2012, 07:57 PM
What's the Rainforest Room?:)

There is a link to a Blog in Post #10!:)

goeva
10-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Here is a link:

Thanks for sharing the link. I can't wait to get a day pass for my DH and I.

lovinmommy
10-25-2012, 08:37 AM
The rainforest room was the most relaxing 2 hours hubby and I had on our cruise! We could have stayed longer, but wanted to pickup DS from club for lunch. We even used the showers in the locker rooms before leaving because they are so much bigger than the room showers.

carcam51
10-26-2012, 08:20 AM
When you purchase the pass, do you have to tell them up front what day you want to use it on?

Itinkso
10-26-2012, 11:06 AM
When you purchase the pass, do you have to tell them up front what day you want to use it on?

We purchased prior to boarding and did not have to specify which day. When we embarked, we stopped by the spa to let them know which day we planned on and they noted it on their list and gave us a sticker for our KTTW card.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

lovinmommy
10-26-2012, 11:19 AM

I purchased in advance and didn't have to specify the day. The pass was waiting in our room when we arrived. We waited till sea day to use it, and just brought it with us to the spa and said we wanted to use it then. They put a sticker on your KTTW card so you can go back anytime during that day if you want. We never scheduled a specific day in advance.

mi2boyz
10-26-2012, 12:57 PM
How late is the Rain Forest open on the Fantasy?

Itinkso
10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
How late is the Rain Forest open on the Fantasy?

10:00 p.m.

EpicBilynn
10-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Here is a link:

That looks amazing! Does the Rainforest Room look the same on the Magic?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MissDaisyofTexas
10-26-2012, 01:06 PM

I"d also like to know about how it is on the Magic. Do the tile loungers also have an ocean view?

Itinkso
10-26-2012, 01:11 PM

I"d also like to know about how it is on the Magic. Do the tile loungers also have an ocean view?

I found this YouTube video of the Rainforest on the Wonder:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=8BoWY9ijayU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8BoWY9ijayU

carcam51
10-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Any men out there willing to chime in on their thoughts of the Rainforest Room? I'm thinking this might be something relaxing to do with BF while my kids are in the clubs. Whatcha think? :rolleyes1

ImDMous
10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
My DH loves the rainforest room more than I do. I'm not much of a heat person, but he could spend hours in the steam.

Ptwolfman
10-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I'll chime in. I plan to go to the Rainforest Room with DW while aboard the Wonder next month. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to check out those heated loungers. Sounds like a bit of heaven and so relaxing. That's my idea of a vacation. I would do it if it was me! :)

mom4fun
10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
How many hours should I plan on spending in the rainforest?:confused3

robhawk
10-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Going on the Fantasy in February. It will be the third time we have done the Rainforest! Just love it. We will get the weeklong pass!

Rob

Itinkso
10-26-2012, 06:04 PM
How many hours should I plan on spending in the rainforest?:confused3

I would say an hour or two at the minimum. DD and I went first thing in the morning for an hour and then returned after lunch and stayed until it was time to get ready for our Palo dinner. There were others who were there just as long as we were. It was Pirate Night so that is probably why it wasn't too crowded. We usually were the only people in the saunas so it was like having a private spa day.
There are Elemis products in the showers and on the vanity. You should take your own brush/comb as there weren't any with the hair dryers.

Susiesark
10-26-2012, 11:25 PM
We bought the couples week pass for $149 on the Fantasy and used it daily. I would go there just to use the showers as it was so much nicer than your little room shower, along with the great products. They also have free disposable razors and the hairdryers. There are the heated loungers (I caught myself snoring on one) and 2 2-person hot tubs on a semi-enclosed deck. The entire spa on the Fantasy is amazing.

SunLuvr321
10-27-2012, 09:53 AM
My husband and I are thinking of getting the one day passes for our upcoming 4 night Dream cruise. For those who have used the Rainforest passes before would you recommend using them on our Nassau day or our day at sea.

We are not planning on getting off the ship at Nassau.

carcam51
10-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the great replies...I think I will buy a day pass for us to use on our January cruise :thumbsup2

snykymom
10-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Does Disney have specials on the pass for port days? When I was on NCL and Princess, the spa passes were about 20% cheaper on port days.

Itinkso
10-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Does Disney have specials on the pass for port days? When I was on NCL and Princess, the spa passes were about 20% cheaper on port days.

There were Spa treatment specials everyday but never a discounted Rainforest pass. Probably because the week-long pass is offered at a discount.

GetGlowing
10-27-2012, 02:56 PM
My husband and I are thinking of getting the one day passes for our upcoming 4 night Dream cruise. For those who have used the Rainforest passes before would you recommend using them on our Nassau day or our day at sea.

Nassau day. The At Sea day will be busy in the spa.

aggiegirl1234
10-27-2012, 04:03 PM
They put a sticker on your KTTW card so you can go back anytime during that day if you want. We never scheduled a specific day in advance.

I'll be getting a spa treatment in the morning on our day at sea. I'm interested to know if I can get a sticker that would let me return later in the day, or if I would need to purchase a day pass in addition to my spa treatment to do so?

Thanks!

MrSanderz27
10-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Either way... I recommend going first thing in the morning when the spa opens. DW and I just got back last week off the Fantasy and when we went in the AM, we had the whole rainforest room to ourselves for an hour.

Itinkso
10-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I'll be getting a spa treatment in the morning on our day at sea. I'm interested to know if I can get a sticker that would let me return later in the day, or if I would need to purchase a day pass in addition to my spa treatment to do so?

Thanks!

You will need to purchase a day pass even with the treatment. The Rainforest is separate and you must wear a bracelet which activates the Rainforest door.

aggiegirl1234
10-27-2012, 04:28 PM
You will need to purchase a day pass even with the treatment. The Rainforest is separate and you must wear a bracelet which activates the Rainforest door.

Wow, I had know idea the Rainforest was separate. Thanks!

Itinkso
10-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Wow, I had know idea the Rainforest was separate. Thanks!

There is a mild sauna in the women's locker room but the saunas in the Rainforest are amazing! I don't think they charge you the full amount to add on the Rainforest...it may be $8 rather than the $16.

taaren
10-27-2012, 05:29 PM
We bought the couples week pass for $149 on the Fantasy and used it daily. I would go there just to use the showers as it was so much nicer than your little room shower, along with the great products. They also have free disposable razors and the hairdryers. There are the heated loungers (I caught myself snoring on one) and 2 2-person hot tubs on a semi-enclosed deck. The entire spa on the Fantasy is amazing.
Hmm I just bought a pass for DH since he loves saunas and I don't, but the shower thing makes me wonder if I should get one for myself, too. That's probably one of the few things I don't care for about cruising, the weak stream of water in the showers, since my hair is super thick and takes forever to wash with low water pressure. Thanks for mentioning it!

SunLuvr321
10-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Thank you for the replies. I am looking forward to checking out the Rainforest Room on our Nassau day.:)