PDA

View Full Version : 15th Anniversary

penel3
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi all, my husband and my 15th Anniversary is January 13th. We set sail on the 14th of January, is it tacky or inappropriate for us to publicly "celebrate" our anniversary on the ship? Such as getting the "it's our anniversary" pin (if they even have them) or telling our room steward, dining steward, etc.?

luv2cruisedisney
10-22-2012, 04:49 PM
It's not tacky at all

By all means let them know.

usually they ask if you are celebrating anyything when you book.

We have celebrated our anniversary at Palo and they always did something very nice, not over the top but nice :3dglasses

MrsScooby
10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi all, my husband and my 15th Anniversary is January 13th. We set sail on the 14th of January, is it tacky or inappropriate for us to publicly "celebrate" our anniversary on the ship? Such as getting the "it's our anniversary" pin (if they even have them) or telling our room steward, dining steward, etc.?

Not at all:thumbsup2
Lots of people celebrating right along with you:cool1:

Menada1115
10-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Not at all tacky! I think it's awesome that you are celebrating with a Disney cruise!:lovestruc

sissy_ib
10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Not tacky at all. It doesn't have to be the exact day to be celebrated. I always think about kids birthday parties. If the kids birthday is on a Tuesday it is not tacky to have a party on Saturday, right? Same thing IMO.

Hope2cruise
10-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Of course not! If you used a TA, have them note it on your reservation. We celebrated on 20th on board in Sept. I did not give them the actual date (didn't think about it). The first night on board, we were surprised by several severs singing for us. We were given Anniversary pins and a special dessert. We booked dinner at Palo the night before our anniversary. They brought out a dinner plate with beautiful writing in chocolate saying Happy 20th Anniversary. We were allowed to keep the plate as a "souvinear". We wore our pins that first night and on our actual anniversary the 5th night. Technically, our anniversary was pirate night so I say that everyone celebrated with us and the fireworks for were us. :rotfl2:

dlberney
10-22-2012, 06:37 PM
We just got home from a 3 night cruise and were celebrating our 15th anniversary as well! We went to Remy the first night and they brought out a decorated plate that was just lovely. The second night (at Animator's) they gave us our anniversary pins and a decorated cake. They also sang and we had to kiss- it was really cute! Anyway, we wore our pins proudly for the rest of the cruise and even as we were getting off the ship! Being married for 15 years is cause for celebration- enjoy your trip and wear your pins! :cool1:

penel3
10-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Thank you everyone, I was feeling awkward about it because the date didn't fall exactly during the cruise. When I booked I declined that we were celebrating anything, maybe I should call back and let them know it is our 15th anniversary (wow!!)!