PDA

View Full Version : 4 night Dream - Another Dining Rotation Question...

hurleysweety
10-22-2012, 02:24 PM
I didn't think I would care about the dining rotation until I was thinking about it just now. Since there are 3 MDRs, we will likely repeat one of them. I would like the repeat to fall on the night we have Palo booked, which is also Pirate night. It would be great to try out all 3 MDRs and Palo, instead of eating at the same one twice, and skipping one altogether, right?

Is it a hassle to switch or are they pretty accommodating about it?

I also hope that they put us with other couples our age (I've heard that they'll put honeymoon couples together, so I'm hoping they put younger couples together too). We are social people and would rather sit with other people as opposed to a table alone, as well. At least, that is what I assume - this will be our first cruise, just me and DH in our late 20s, so still trying to "guess" at what we would like best.

I know it's all opinion, but would you change a rotation to eat at all 3 or stick with the rotation Disney gave you to trust they had set up a great table of people for you?

lanejudy
10-22-2012, 02:45 PM
If you have Palo booked for Pirate Night, you should be fine. The repeated MDR is the Pirate Night dining. Since Pirate Night is a special menu, you will stay in that same MDR the next night to experience the "regular" menu for that dining room.

DCL does try to do table-mates of similar demographic "make-up" - families with families of similar aged children, couples with couples. How accurate that works out might depend on the passengers of any specific sailing.

Enjoy your cruise!

daisywithak
10-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Just off a 4 night Dream cruise (October 14th-18th). If you booked Palo for Pirate's night than you will still be able to go to all 3 of the restaurants as Pirate's night is the repeat night.

Also, Disney did an amazing job matching us up with dinner mates. We were with two other couples (none of us had children) who were around our age. I was really worried about eating with strangers but it was wonderful!

hurleysweety
10-23-2012, 01:27 PM
That is awesome! I knew I had a reason for booking Palo on Pirate night, but I couldn't remember why! ;)

With a 7:30 ressie, we'll still be able to catch the fireworks, right?

I'd like to think that DH and I are dress up pirate party type people, but I doubt we'll want to change after Palo. But I don't want to totally miss out on the fun either!

TheWescotts
10-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Also just off the dream 14-18!

You will be able to make the fireworks. The show starts at 10:30 and the fireworks ends the show.

kcashner
10-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Pirate night is always your "repeat" restaurant night on a 4 night cruise....so if you do Palo on pirate night, you'll automatically have a night in each of the other restaurants.

jtink60
10-24-2012, 05:52 PM
How does Disney match you. Do they question you at some point?

daisywithak
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM
They do not ask you questions so I have no idea about the process, but I'm guessing they use information about your party (ages, celebrations, etc).

jahber
10-24-2012, 09:21 PM
How does Disney match you. Do they question you at some point?

No, they don't. But they somehow know. Or are really good guessers.

On our last cruise my family (me, DH, DD and DS 3 years apart) were seated with a family of DW, DH, DD and DS also 3 years apart. We were both interracial couples who homeschool, one parent in each couple formerly taught middle school geography but now stays home (how random is that????), other parent works in marketing. They lived in Tampa, we in Orlando. It was almost creepy. But they were just like us, and we like us, so it worked out well ;)