PDA

View Full Version : Fish Extender questions....

Menada1115
10-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Hi all! I am in the process of making our fish extender. It is going smoother than I originally thought. I am working on the individual pockets....how deep should they be? I did one as a trial and it turned out to be 5" deep- is that big enough? Thanks!

davidls
10-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi all! I am in the process of making our fish extender. It is going smoother than I originally thought. I am working on the individual pockets....how deep should they be? I did one as a trial and it turned out to be 5" deep- is that big enough? Thanks!

We didn't make ours - we bought one from a very wonderful lady on ebay. We are just not that crafty. I measured ours and the pockets are 5" deep as well. I think what you have will be fine. Have a great cruise!!!:thumbsup2

Menada1115
10-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Awesome! Thank you so much for your help!!!

traveln4fun
10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
5' sounds good, ours were 6, but 5 will be just fine. I would suggest putting a pleat on the bottom of your pocket so that the extender doesn't "buckle" if anything bulky if put in it. It just gives you a little more room. I think I added about another 1 1/2-2 inches and pleated and ironed before sewing. Good job doing it yourself :cool1:

BlakeandMaddysMomma
10-22-2012, 12:52 PM
If your pockets are not beg enough for a particular item, will the giver just place it on the floor? Our pockets are not deep at all, so just curious,

Princess_Kayla
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
If your pockets are not beg enough for a particular item, will the giver just place it on the floor? Our pockets are not deep at all, so just curious,

Yeah They'll set it next to or infront of your door or find a way to get it in you FE

AppleEars
10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
might you have any step by step directions? This is my 1st times and only have fabric and picture but no measurements.We didn't make ours - we bought one from a very wonderful lady on ebay. We are just not that crafty. I measured ours and the pockets are 5" deep as well. I think what you have will be fine. Have a great cruise!!!:thumbsup2

Menada1115
10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
WOW!!! Thanks for all the replies! :)
I will post pics when I'm finished. I am using black felt for the background. Then, for the pockets, I am doing solid red (in the shape of Mickey's pants) for the boys and then red/white polka dots (in the shape of Minnie's skirt w/ lace at the bottom) for the girls. I hope it turns out- it has been tedious for a newbie.
Appleears, I didn't have instructions either. Just pics and kind of laid out in my head what I thought I'd like.?. I made the black felt (background) 8 1/2" wide. then I printed up a template for the pants/skirts and laid them out (we have 6 people in our family) to get the length....making sure to leave room to sew the top around the dowel I am going to use. That's pretty much all the info I have. haha.....I am so very new to this.
Traveln4fun, thanks for the tip! I did make a couple of little pleats along the bottom so that it came out a bit. Hopefully that will be enough.?.