PDA

View Full Version : VitalChek birth certificate question

wdwlovin'family
10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I ordered my birth certificate from the VitalChek website three weeks ago. I didn't pay to expidite the shipping because it appeared that the processing time was 5-7 days and I figured with shipping it would be here in about two weeks, which was fine with me. Now, I am getting a little worried and wonder if I should re-order it and expedite it. Our cruise is almost 75 days away and I need to get things taken care of. Should I start to panic and re-order it? How long has the typical wait time been for processing and shipping when ordering from vital chek??

I should mention that when I check the status on the VitalChek website, it states that my order is being processed.

RedSox68
10-21-2012, 08:49 PM
WOW, I've ordered from Vitalchek many times and it's never taken that long. Do they have a phone number you can call?

MagicMe
10-21-2012, 09:03 PM
I ordered vitalcheck for my DS last summer so we could get his passport. It took three weeks until we got the certificate in the mail.

belle07
10-22-2012, 05:30 AM
It took 10 days for DH to get his birth certificate from Vitalchek.

lorimay
10-22-2012, 07:18 AM
I ordered one for my mom last year and i received confirmations but the certificate never came. I called after a month and was told It was cancelled because I used my credit card. I had her answer all the questions they asked and it said that the order went through.

So you may want to give a call.

They told me I should have received a cancelation email which I didn't.

GatorMomInNC
10-22-2012, 07:47 AM
definitely call, I have ordered before and it always came very quickly, even without expedited service. 75 days is still plenty of time to get it, but I would call today and find out what the holdup is.

Hope2cruise
10-22-2012, 03:46 PM
When I ordered my DH's back in May, it took over 6 weeks. We did receive an email stating that they were converting to a new computer system so delays were probable. Hopefully, they have moved past that and you will receive yours any day.

wdwlovin'family
10-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks guys. I called and was told that I should be getting it sometime this week and if I don't to give them a call back and they will check into what went wrong.

happycorgi
10-22-2012, 07:19 PM
I order my straight from the states web site and got it in 4 days. Hope you get it soon.