PDA

View Full Version : Boarding numbers and times

Cond1108
10-21-2012, 03:57 PM
What is the earliest you can board and what number is it. Also can you request a specific boarding number before your cruise or at the terminal. All for the Disney dream and the Terminal in Florida!

kcashner
10-21-2012, 04:04 PM
The earliest boarding is number 1 which is concierge and then number 2 which is platinum. Then the other numbers start in order.

No, you cannot request a number. They are computer generated and tied to your scheduled terminal arrival time which you will select when you do your onboard check in.

Boarding usually starts about 11:45, although on our last cruise it was 11:15, and goes very quickly. On one cruise I clocked it--we had number 8 and DD wasn't happy. I told her it would take 20 minutes. Um....18 minutes after they announced the "family of the day" (which starts the boarding process), we were standing on the ship.

At some point, after the crowds in the terminal have boarded, they will announce "open boarding." That means that you can board as soon as you are checked in--they are done calling numbers.

Also, if you use DCL transportation from MCO, you automatically get a low number and will be allowed into the terminal as soon as the bus gets you there. You will actually check in for the cruise at the MCO Welcome Center and be ready to board when you arrive at the terminal.

maria-fan-22
10-21-2012, 04:04 PM
What is the earliest you can board and what number is it. Also can you request a specific boarding number before your cruise or at the terminal. All for the Disney dream and the Terminal in Florida!

You may arrive at the terminal any time after 6Am I believe but you will have to wait outside the actual terminal gates until 11Am when they open the building. Then you grab a number (starting with 2 or three) unless you are concierge and boarding begins around 11:45 to 12:15.

On the Dream and Fantasy, we arrived at 10:30-10:45 and boarded by 12:30. Its been really efficient, from my perspective. pirate:

kcashner
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
You no longer get your number based on when you enter the terminal. Your number is handed to you by the CM when you check in and is tied to your selected port arrival time.

No "grab a number."

bmer1rick
10-21-2012, 04:37 PM
You may arrive at the terminal any time after 6Am I believe but you will have to wait outside the actual terminal gates until 11Am when they open the building.

From our experience in driving to PC for more than 20 cruises, if you arrive prior to 10am, they will try to ask you to come back around 10.

Starting at about 10, they will direct you to the 3rd deck of the parking garage where they begin the arrival process. Around 10:15am, you will be asked for your picture id and your room number and directed to walk across the parking garage bridge to wait for TSA to open the terminal (normally around 10:30-10:45). Once TSA opens the terminal, you will go through a medal detector for you and your luggage will go through an x-ray machine, much as you do at the airport. After clearing the TSA check, you will need to fill out your medical form and proceed to your checkin counter. It is there where you get your boarding number that is tied to your port arrival time (PAT). So, you could be the first in line, but still get boarding group 20 or so if you have a late port arrival time.

lovinmommy
10-22-2012, 01:24 PM
We took the DCL transfer from MCO. When we checked in at the airport desk we were assigned the first bus (after concierge I think) and boarding number 2. When we got to the PC terminal it was just about empty. We waited for quite awhile because it was still too early to board. I checked my son in at the kids club. Once they started boarding (I didn't check the time) they called our number about 10 minutes after they called #1.