PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-in not working

Four Bears
10-21-2012, 07:02 AM
I booked my activities last night at 12 EST, as I am 90 days out. I didn't want to wait until 3 am to check in, so now at 8 am I keep getting error messages when I try to check in.

Is it me or is it the DCL website?

I am doing DCL transportation. We fly in the day before, stay at an airport-area hotel and use the hotel's free shuttle to go to and from the airport. We can arrive to MCO after breakfast and make the first buses.

Is is absolutely imperative that we chose the earliest port time, or does arriving on the DCL bus allow us to arrive "whenever"?

On a side note, we were able to schedule our specialty dining and nursery times as we wanted it!! :cool1:

Lisa46xx
10-21-2012, 09:30 AM
I am at 90 days out, as well, and have been experiencing the same problem for a few hours with the online check in. I called DCL and they said they are working on it and to try back later. Have you had any luck?

wendyoconnor
10-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Since you are taking the DCL busses port arrival time isn't important. When you check in at the cruise desk at the airport you will get a boarding number.

I've never been given the option to pick a port arrival time when checking in because we have the DCL transportation. Some people do get the port arrival time option even through they have DCL transportation.

dstein12
10-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I did stay up till 3 a.m. to check-in. We have two cabins. One with myself, DH and DD. I was able at 3 a.m. to go thru the full process for my cabin and pick 11:00 to 11:30 port arrival time. Then when to do second cabin booked thru DVC points with my mom and DS got half way thru process of inputing moms passport info and then down went DCL server. As of 1 pm est I have not be able to get back in and have no idea what time they will have to choose for port arrival times. We have booked a van for all 6 of us from AKL the morning of the cruise. I hope we do not have to sit in port all day because of a early van pickup and a late check-in for their cabin because their servers keep going down for the past three weeks. Called shuttle service can only push my res for pick-up by 1hr later. Hope server comes back soon to see where I stand. My have to rent car now. Not sitting in port with 2 kids all day.

cblack
10-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I did stay up till 3 a.m. to check-in. We have two cabins. One with myself, DH and DD. I was able at 3 a.m. to go thru the full process for my cabin and pick 11:00 to 11:30 port arrival time. Then when to do second cabin booked thru DVC points with my mom and DS got half way thru process of inputing moms passport info and then down went DCL server. As of 1 pm est I have not be able to get back in and have no idea what time they will have to choose for port arrival times. We have booked a van for all 6 of us from AKL the morning of the cruise. I hope we do not have to sit in port all day because of a early van pickup and a late check-in for their cabin because their servers keep going down for the past three weeks. Called shuttle service can only push my res for pick-up by 1hr later. Hope server comes back soon to see where I stand. My have to rent car now. Not sitting in port with 2 kids all day.

I've read in the trip reports that people in groups have been able to board with the lowest number. I may be remembering incorrectly, but this group of people had boarding number 2, 17 (or so), and 20 something and the CMs told them they could all board with #2.

dstein12
10-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Thank you so much for giving me some hope. :love:

Four Bears
10-21-2012, 01:12 PM
I just was able to get into the online check-in. And the 11 am is still available!

klepton
10-21-2012, 07:49 PM
I had the same problem this morning, but tried again tonight and all worked.