PDA

View Full Version : special for Castaway Cay members?

annieL
10-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Does DCL ever send out specials for past cruisers? When we were on our first disney cruise in 2009 I thought I heard people saying that it was a "kids sail free cruise" for Castaway Cay members. We are looking at a 4 night Bahamas cruise next year. Should I hold out for any specials? Thanks in advance!

jdb in AZ
10-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Does DCL ever send out specials for past cruisers? When we were on our first disney cruise in 2009 I thought I heard people saying that it was a "kids sail free cruise" for Castaway Cay members. We are looking at a 4 night Bahamas cruise next year. Should I hold out for any specials? Thanks in advance!

the KSF are for anyone. The Castaway Cay members get their discounts by booking onboard. Othewise the best "specials" are the IGT OGT and VGT offered about 2 mos before the cruise -- it's like a clearance sale. I assume you're looking at the Dream? Those cruises seem to have the most trouble filling up, meaning that's your best chance for a special, particularly if you're not sailing during the summer, the holidays, or spring break.

kcashner
10-20-2012, 03:09 PM
DCL occasionally sends mailings with code numbers on them to Castaway CLUB members, but these are rare. Don't hold your breath.

As above, the best Castaway Club deal is a rebooking on board. Most other specials (other than those few that come with PIN or other codes attached) are open to any new bookings.

If you can cruise off season, there have been many "last minute" specials in the last year or so.

akl432
10-20-2012, 07:02 PM
If you can cruise off season, there have been many "last minute" specials in the last year or so.

How do you find the last minute specials on the DCL website?

Thanks!

mjbucks1
10-20-2012, 08:35 PM
We sailed in August 2009 on the Magic with a KSF pin code that was sent out by e-mail. We had never sailed with Disney before. It was discussed on this board at the time, as people were trying to figure out how to get a code. We were allowed to book up to two cabins using the pin code. I wonder if this is the KSF special you heard about. I have no idea why we were sent a e-mail. I wish we could get another special. We would love to sal in 2014!!!