PDA

View Full Version : Yes..another question about DU onboard credit...

Mickeyhugger
10-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Could someone please PM me with the amount of the OBC provided through them? We have two cat 9 staterooms. Thanks!:)

JoiseyMom
10-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Could someone please PM me with the amount of the OBC provided through them? We have two cat 9 staterooms. Thanks!:)

It depends on the length of the cruise and the cost of the cruise. If you go to their website (click above) it will tell you what their OBC's are.

eva
10-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Here's a link to the table: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/specials.htm#sbc

Dis_Grk Grl
10-20-2012, 01:29 PM
There are agents out there that offer a higher OBC that DU

2CME911
10-20-2012, 02:23 PM
It depends on the length of the cruise and the cost of the cruise. If you go to their website (click above) it will tell you what their OBC's are.

Here's a link to the table: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/specials.htm#sbc

...if you booked originally with DU. If you booked yourself online with DCL and then moved the reservation to DU then OBC will be less.

eva
10-20-2012, 05:29 PM
...if you booked originally with DU. If you booked yourself online with DCL and then moved the reservation to DU then OBC will be less.

Sorry, I should have stated that. I missed the part where they said that they were already booked.

Emilysmom
10-20-2012, 07:36 PM
I also recently looked into transferring a reservation to that we made onboard to DU because we used them for our first 2 or 3 DCL cruises and had a great experience. However, the reply from the agent was that because the reservation was a transfer, they could not tell me ahead of time how much OBC they could offer. I would have to fill out the transfer paperwork and send it to them, and then they would let me know. It seemed like a hassle to me so I went with a different travel agent and had a fantastic experience with her!

2CME911
10-20-2012, 08:14 PM
I also recently looked into transferring a reservation to that we made onboard to DU because we used them for our first 2 or 3 DCL cruises and had a great experience. However, the reply from the agent was that because the reservation was a transfer, they could not tell me ahead of time how much OBC they could offer. I would have to fill out the transfer paperwork and send it to them, and then they would let me know. It seemed like a hassle to me so I went with a different travel agent and had a fantastic experience with her!

I'm not sure I totally understand what you are saying. If you booked another cruise while still on board AND you named DU as your agent at that time, then you will receive the full OBC amount advertised on the DU website. If, however, you booked WITHOUT naming any particular agent, then, as you said, you are really looking to 'transfer" the reservation from DCL to DU, and in that case you will receive a much lower OBC, and the amount of OBC would be determined by the cost of the booking. Remember, OBC can come from different places potentially, ie. $25 OBC from DCL for booking online, $xxx OBC from a travel agent for booking with them, or yourself or a family member can 'purchase' OBC for you to spend on your vacation. You DIS veterans check me on this, but that's how I understand the system.

sayhello
10-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure I totally understand what you are saying. If you booked another cruise while still on board AND you named DU as your agent at that time, then you will receive the full OBC amount advertised on the DU website. If, however, you booked WITHOUT naming any particular agent, then, as you said, you are really looking to 'transfer" the reservation from DCL to DU, and in that case you will receive a much lower OBC, and the amount of OBC would be determined by the cost of the booking. Remember, OBC can come from different places potentially, ie. $25 OBC from DCL for booking online, $xxx OBC from a travel agent for booking with them, or yourself or a family member can 'purchase' OBC for you to spend on your vacation. You DIS veterans check me on this, but that's how I understand the system.The $25 Online booking OBC is no longer available.

Sayhello

2CME911
10-21-2012, 08:14 AM
The $25 Online booking OBC is no longer available.

Sayhello

Thank You for clarifying....good to know. I always wondered about that OBC anyway when you're spending thousands of dollars, getting back $25 in OBC...really???

sayhello
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Thank You for clarifying....good to know. I always wondered about that OBC anyway when you're spending thousands of dollars, getting back $25 in OBC...really???Oh, yes, it's really pretty silly when you look at it that way. But if you or your TA were going to book online anyways, you didn't have to do anything extra to get it, and $25 is $25. I certainly wouldn't have changed my plans to get it, though!

Sayhello