PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day activities on board?

JenaRuns
10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Are there any special activities for Mother's Day on board? (Any Disney ship, but specifically the Wonder.) Was thinking a tea would be nice....

Zeppelin
10-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Are there any special activities for Mother's Day on board? (Any Disney ship, but specifically the Wonder.) Was thinking a tea would be nice....

we've been on three cruises which embarked on Mothers Day....other than everyone gushing over my wife saying "Happy Mothers Day" they did not and we did not find, any specific activities for Mothers Day...this may have changed as our cruises were '07/'08/'09....

JenaRuns
10-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Zeppelin. Maybe we'll have better luck, since Mother's Day falls in the middle of the cruise. I can see that it would be hard to put on a special event on embarkation day. I'll hope for the best.

MaleficentRN
10-19-2012, 07:46 PM
we've been on three cruises which embarked on Mothers Day....other than everyone gushing over my wife saying "Happy Mothers Day" they did not and we did not find, any specific activities for Mothers Day...this may have changed as our cruises were '07/'08/'09....

Nope. Nada. :sad1:

gigi1313
10-19-2012, 07:57 PM
we cruised this past may, embarking the day before mother's day and there was nothing notable for MD on the cruise... my family, however, gave me the gift of rainforest room (which i used three days later) :)

neg58
10-19-2012, 07:59 PM
probably a 1/4to 1/3 of the people on board are mothers. How much could they do? They could give you a picture or a special dessert, but of course they'd let everyone have the special dessert.

I've been at Disneyland and Epcot for the last two mother's days. At both places I received a carnation and a lot of 'have a nice day' comments.

Nancy

braysmommy
10-19-2012, 08:58 PM
We will be on the Wonder this coming Mothers Day and I figure having someone cleaning my stateroom, fixing my meals and entertaining my DS will be more then enough for this mom!

jlmarr
10-19-2012, 09:26 PM
People will make you breakfast, wash the dishes, make your bed for you. ;)

Maybe DH will plan a nice outing for you. :) I took DW to Butchart Gardens in Victoria BC on Mother's Day a couple of years ago. (Princess, not Disney)

dfriia
10-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I was on Wonder for day 15 of the Wonder Hawaii cruise and there was nothing special done for Mother's Day. I just looked at the Navigator and it is mentioned there in the Treasure Kvetch ad. I remember a special bed chocolate for that night and at dinner our waiter wished me a happy mother's day. That was all.