PDA

View Full Version : RV Visability

ArielRae
10-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm curious if any of you modified your RVs in any way to make them more visible to other drivers. If you have what have you done? We always seem to get caught in Georgia when it is down-poring and you can only see 5 feet in front of you. Trying to think of some ideas to help other vehicles see us better in downpours and night driving. Thanks.:thumbsup2

retired and happy
10-19-2012, 02:27 PM
I figure if people can't see a 37 foot motorhome with a 12 foot trailer, they have a problem. It's never been a problem to me as far as I know. By the way, we're eleven inches short on rain in the Atlanta area this year so come on down. It sounds like you may attract us some rain. :goodvibes

What sort of mods do you have in mind for visability? I have used my hazard flashers in a few instances, but I understand this is technically illegal.

jbrostek
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM
The only thing I have done is replaced my side marker lights with LED versions. Front and rear lights are still incandesant as they are bright enough and I have yet to find an LED replacement that doesnt upset the relays in the system.

PrincessNana
10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
The best thing I've seen in blackout type rains is the car in front of me put on their hazard lights. I wouldn't do that for night driving, but it was great during heavy rain and made the car very visible. I thought it was a great idea. It should work for motorhomes also.

ArielRae
10-19-2012, 04:20 PM
What sort of mods do you have in mind for visability?

Adding or changing outer lighting or signals.

Judique
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I figure if people can't see a 37 foot motorhome with a 12 foot trailer, they have a problem. It's never been a problem to me as far as I know. By the way, we're eleven inches short on rain in the Atlanta area this year so come on down. It sounds like you may attract us some rain. :goodvibes

What sort of mods do you have in mind for visability? I have used my hazard flashers in a few instances, but I understand this is technically illegal.

Hazards are legal in Georgia while moving, but only legal in Florida when pulled over and the vehicle is stopped on the side of the road.

Here in Maryland it is suggested that vehicles travelling under 20mph use hazards.

This law varies all over the country.

SeilerBird
10-20-2012, 10:06 AM
When the weather is that bad I pull over and wait for better weather. No need to drive in snow, hail, sleet, rain, wind or tornadoes. You are only asking for trouble.