PDA

View Full Version : First time camping at Disney -questions

cat_herder
10-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Hello, :wave2:

In a few day we will be tent camping at Disney for the first time - first time staying on the Disney property as well. We are very excited.

I will be using a scooter and my husband will be using a cane but he gets around quiet well.

I've been reading the DIS boards for a week or so but didn't see these question:

* How far is it to the campfire singalong from the tenting loops? Don't know which one yet 1500 or 2000. Can we scoot/walk there? Or use the bus?

* How far is it to the beach to watch the nightly boat show (forget what it is called) in the evening? What time would one have to leave the singalong or from the tenting loop? Does one walk or use the bus?

Looking for all suggestions and help. Thanks

pooh4me
10-16-2012, 12:28 AM
I hope you have a great trip, I know you will love the Fort.
If you are in the 1500 loop the campfire is just across the road and a short walk. To get to the boat show which is at 9:45 I would allow at least 20 minuets as you will have a 1/2 mile walk.
If you are in the 2000 loop your walk with the scooter will be about 2/3 of a mile to the campfire. There is a bridge from the Creekside meadows campsites to the 900 loop but you have to go up and down a ditch and across a field to get to it. You can go to the bus stop by the 2100 loop and board the orange bus to the Meadows trading post near the campfire. The 2000 loop is serviced by the purple bus which does not go by the Meadows.
From either 1500 or 2000 to the boat dock the bus would be the best choice .

4kids4karen
10-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Have a great first trip!

I would like to suggest that if it is in your budget, you could rent a cart. Maybe even if it is just for one night instead of the entire trip. We go with my family and riding around in the cart is part of the fun for them. The campsites are already probably decorated for halloween and the cart will allow you and your husband to "stroll" through all the loops to check it out better.

Let us know how you like it when you return (or from camp if you are taking your computer).

bama_ed
10-16-2012, 06:45 PM
If you're tent camping in 1500 or 2000, the answer varies.

If you are headed to the campfire/singalong/pool area, it is walkable/scootable from 1500. From 2000, you might need to walk/scoot about 30 yards from the loop 2000 entrance to the bus stop by cabin loops 2100/2200 and get the orange bus. The bus can accomodate the scooter. (the Orange bus would end up down at the Pioneer Hall/Hoop Dee Doo/Beach/Trails End stop to see the fireworks).

I would allow 30 minutes minimum to get a bus down to the beach for the fireworks.

Depending on the loop you are in, study the bus routes. The purple goes through the cabins, loop 2000, then through the woods to PH/HDD/B/TE. No other stops. Back it goes in reverse.

Orange goes town through the cabins, the Meadow Trading Post/pool/singalong area, and the beach. Back it goes in reverse.

Yellow goes down through teh campground, past 1500, Meadow TP to HDD/PH/B/TE. Back it goes in reverse.

So what you take will be determined by the loop you are in.

Bama ED

bama_ed
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I think this route map is still current.

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad311/bama_ed/img002.jpg

The internal busses run between the Outpost (check-in area) Bus Depot at the middle right side and the Settlement Bus Depot on the middle left.

Bama ED

cat_herder
10-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone for all the information. :)

gmom
10-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I think this route map is still current.

The internal busses run between the Outpost (check-in area) Bus Depot at the middle right side and the Settlement Bus Depot on the middle left.

Bama ED

Thank you for posting this map!