PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecast - Long Range

FortWildernessCamper
10-04-2012, 07:55 AM
We are due to arrive at FW Oct. 15-19th. Long Range weather forecast looks bleak...rain everyday. Hope this forecast changes before we get there!!:sad:

Brocktoon
10-04-2012, 08:28 AM
We're getting ready to head down around the same time, 10/11-10/18. It does look like the rain may move in towards the later 1/2 of the trip, but it's a while off still.

In my experience, the October rains are diffrent than the summer. In the summer you can get the quick and big downpours almost every day, and then it'll be sunny and humid. In October, you can get the lingering semi-tropical systems that just sit over the area with a light but steady rain all day. I'm not exactly a fan of it, but what can you do but make the best of it? I guess I'd rather have drizzling overcast days over a complete washout of the Fort.

If it does rain for a while, for me it's time to sit under the awning and crack open some beers!

RasberriPie13
10-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Don't follow the 15 day forecast. That is never right, they only change it like every 3 days. Stay with the The Weather Channel for 10 days, they change that 2x a day.

Stackie
10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
NO RAIN!!! We arrive on the 17th.

North of Mouse
10-04-2012, 10:06 AM
We are due to arrive at FW Oct. 15-19th. Long Range weather forecast looks bleak...rain everyday. Hope this forecast changes before we get there!!:sad:

Don't stress about the weather. They change the forecast here sometimes on an hourly basis. The week and longer forecasts are never accurate. Mother Nature doesn't listen to forecasts - just have to go with the flow :)

The big exception to the rule is Hurricane season (usually Sept. is the worst). Being a LA gal, I have great respect for those forecasts ;)

FortWildernessCamper
10-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Good advice from all...thanks! Never new that about the 15 day and 10 day forecasts. In any event, I am going shake those clouds away and think positive!

2goofycampers
10-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I keep saying to myself "A rainy day at WDW is better than any day at work/home".