PDA

View Full Version : Considering a trip to Disneyland and need advice from the experts please!

ZerasPride
05-10-2001, 11:58 AM
I am thinking of taking my younger sister (she's 20) to Disneyworld in October or November but I can get a better air fare deal to Los Angeles so I was thinking of taking her to Disneyland instead. I've always wanted to visit and think we'd be able to Disneyland and DCA at a much more reasonable pace than Disneyworld.

What do you guys think? I really want this trip to be special for her. I'll be taking my third Disneyworld trip in 2 weeks so I know what I'll be missing at Disneyworld but she won't. Would you say a first-timer should go to Disneyland or should I just take her to Disneyworld? I would appreciate your advice.

Lisa

Tikiman
05-10-2001, 02:37 PM
Being from California I say go to Disneyland the first time. It is the original and you get a more intimate feel from the park.

I just took my fiance to Disneyland in 1999 and then to WDW in 2000 and she loved seeing both but if she had seen WDW first that Disneyland would have seemed small and not as exciting. I know not everyone feels that way but I know when I was small and had been to Disneyland I was so excited to go to WDW knowing how much bigger it was.

Steve

SweetP
05-10-2001, 03:22 PM
I must agree that if she went to WDW first then her impression of Disneyland might not be a good one. I am from N. California and have visited Disneyland several times and after visiting WDW I thoroughly enjoy WDW much better.

We just returned from Disneyland on the 8th and I vow to never return to Disneyland. There are a lot of things I do not like and would rather pay the extra money for the total package of Disney at WDW.

Just my opinion and I know others will disagree but we were a family of 4 and we all agreed.

Happy Planning!!!

LuvTigger
05-10-2001, 10:44 PM
I agree with Tikiman and that for someone who has never been to Disney, it might be better to "start small" and go to DL and save WDW for later. I'm glad I did! Now I can appreciate both as individual parks rather than comparing them. Had I done WDW first, I don't know if I could go to DL and not compare.

teri
05-10-2001, 10:52 PM
I love both Disneyland and Disney World. Disneyland Park is far superior to Magic Kingdom at WDW, but DCA still needs some work to compare to the quality of MGM or World Showcase. The Downtown Disney area is much more accessible at Disneyland, it is right outside the park gate. If you are talking a 3-day trip with not a whole lot of pool time, mostly park hopping, then go to Disneyland. But if you wnt to get away from it all, have some good resort time, be in beautiful surroundings, etc. then go to WDW. JMO.

ZerasPride
05-12-2001, 01:10 PM
Thanks so much everyone for your opinions!

Lisa