PDA

View Full Version : Cooking questions

mouseketeer_mom
09-30-2012, 12:07 PM
I have a couple of questions about cooking and I'm hoping someone here might be able to answer.

Can I prepare and then freeze casseroles/recipes that have Velveeta cheese in them? My family loves the Bacon Cheeseburger roll but can I premake the filling and freeze it?

Boccoli Cheddar soup is another favorite but I am assuming I can freeze it without causing the cheese to break down. (it velveeta and cheddar in it)

Does anyone have a good all-in-one taco or Mexican casserole for the crock pot?

Lastly, does anyone have any tips for getting there camper oven to cook more evenly? Mine always seems to over-brown the bottom of anything I bake in it.

Thank You!

2goofycampers
09-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Lastly, does anyone have any tips for getting there camper oven to cook more evenly? Mine always seems to over-brown the bottom of anything I bake in it.

Get an AirBake pan. No burning on the bottom anymore.

articfox676
09-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Use left over floor ceramic tiles you have laying around. Put it in the bottom of the over under the bottom shelf. This helps distribute the heat and no hot spot .

retired and happy
09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
I agree with the ceramic tile approach. They make a tile just for that puirpose, but naturally it is priced accordingly. I think I read that a 9x9 tile works well, maybe 12x12. Anyone know for sure?

mouseketeer_mom
10-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Use left over floor ceramic tiles you have laying around. Put it in the bottom of the over under the bottom shelf. This helps distribute the heat and no hot spot .

Great advice! I happen to have left over ceramic tile that I can use. Thanks!

Disney Bunny
10-03-2012, 11:04 AM
I have a couple of questions about cooking and I'm hoping someone here might be able to answer.

Can I prepare and then freeze casseroles/recipes that have Velveeta cheese in them? My family loves the Bacon Cheeseburger roll but can I premake the filling and freeze it?

Boccoli Cheddar soup is another favorite but I am assuming I can freeze it without causing the cheese to break down. (it velveeta and cheddar in it)

Does anyone have a good all-in-one taco or Mexican casserole for the crock pot?

Thank You!

I found this from a website where someone else had asked the question directly to Kraft and this is the answer:

From Kraft website:

Can VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product be frozen? We do not recommend that you freeze VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product. Freezing VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product may cause changes in the texture of the cheese. Crystals may form within the product which may make it grainy, or its texture to become mushy. Freezing can also break down the ingredients used to make the cheese. This may cause water to form on the surface of the product. Freezing can also negatively impact the flavor.

mouseketeer_mom
10-03-2012, 02:20 PM
I found this from a website where someone else had asked the question directly to Kraft and this is the answer:

From Kraft website:

Can VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product be frozen? We do not recommend that you freeze VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product. Freezing VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product may cause changes in the texture of the cheese. Crystals may form within the product which may make it grainy, or its texture to become mushy. Freezing can also break down the ingredients used to make the cheese. This may cause water to form on the surface of the product. Freezing can also negatively impact the flavor.

Thank you!!!