PDA

View Full Version : Request a specific loop?

Susan388
09-28-2012, 03:56 PM
How does one go about requesting a specific loop at the Fort? We haven't been in 20 years...:crazy2:

We could only get a Full Hook Up site. Someone told me these were scattered throughout the loops.

We are just worried about having a long walk to the boat launch. 2 of us are seniors, one in wheelchair :eek: (7 all together). We could ride bikes....is there a place to park bikes near the boat launch? I think we may not be able to rent a golf cart.

:dance3:

luckycharm19335
09-28-2012, 04:06 PM
You could also use the internal bus system.

PrincessNana
09-28-2012, 06:22 PM
The full hook up loops are 1600, 1700, 1800 and 1900. You can check them out on the site map available under FAQ on this site. We have always had good luck faxing our loop request about five days before our arrival. I usually give specific reasons why that loop would be best for us: ex. Close to bus stop, close to comfort station, etc. the fax number is 407-824-3508. Not everyone thinks that faxing your request does any good, but it doesn't hurt to try and they have honored my request the last three times. If you think you are too late to rent a Disney cart, then there are outside vendors who rent carts at a more competitive rate than Disney. One of these with a good reputation is Tee Time Golf Cart Rentals, 407-276-0809. If no one answers, leave a message with your call back info. Hope this helps.

Susan388
09-28-2012, 09:20 PM
The full hook up loops are 1600, 1700, 1800 and 1900. You can check them out on the site map available under FAQ on this site. We have always had good luck faxing our loop request about five days before our arrival. I usually give specific reasons why that loop would be best for us: ex. Close to bus stop, close to comfort station, etc. the fax number is 407-824-3508. Not everyone thinks that faxing your request does any good, but it doesn't hurt to try and they have honored my request the last three times. If you think you are too late to rent a Disney cart, then there are outside vendors who rent carts at a more competitive rate than Disney. One of these with a good reputation is Tee Time Golf Cart Rentals, 407-276-0809. If no one answers, leave a message with your call back info. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for answering my initial question regarding specific loop requests. I will certainly try the fax idea!

We may not be able to afford the golf cart rental and was concerned about using the bus service with wheelchair in tow. I have read not so good reviews about those encounters. :crazy2:

PrincessNana
09-29-2012, 08:50 AM
The bus system works very well at the fort, although sometimes you might have to wait a little while for your bus. Disney World is very handicapped friendly. We pushed my mother in law all over the campground and all the parks and we used the bus quite a lot depending on where we were going.

2goofycampers
09-29-2012, 09:27 AM
1600 and 1700 will be a bit closer to the road/transportation/marina. Also remember closer to the road means you might hear traffic. We have never faxed but always had noted on our reservation our requested loop/preferences.

As for wheelchair use on the bus system, it's not gonna hurt people to wait a few minutes to load/unload a wheelchair. Someday it might be them or a loved one.

North of Mouse
09-29-2012, 10:28 AM
How does one go about requesting a specific loop at the Fort? We haven't been in 20 years...:crazy2:

We could only get a Full Hook Up site. Someone told me these were scattered throughout the loops.

We are just worried about having a long walk to the boat launch. 2 of us are seniors, one in wheelchair :eek: (7 all together). We could ride bikes....is there a place to park bikes near the boat launch? I think we may not be able to rent a golf cart.

:dance3:

The bus system gets a bad rap from lots of people (think a lot of them are just impatient). Do they goof up? Yes, at times, but we have been going many years, and most times they are very efficient, even from what we've seen with the handicapped. We love to leave the driving to them. ::yes::

bama_ed
09-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Susan388,

What dates are you trying to get? Did you try the "booking long" approach? You could possible get a Preferred site which is loops 100-200 (300 is the pet loop Preferred). These are the closest to the boat launch area and would probably be short enough to be walkable even with the wheel chair. (They are as close as the bus drop off just about).

And what kind/size of RV do you have? Trailer? Class A? 5-er?

Bama ED

Susan388
10-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Bama Ed -
We're going for 2 weeks, including Thanksgiving week. Only Full Hookup was available when we booked several months ago. We are camping in our 30' TT.
I think we will drive everywhere except MK when we will take the boat. We'll manage, wherever we are located. Thanks for your help!