PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation

gustergrl
09-20-2012, 07:16 AM
We are looking to book a trip late April/early May 2013. I went to AAA to get prices on Art of Animation Standard rooms - she told me there were none available.
So I went to directly to the website and it appears like they are available, although since we are not 100% sure of our travel dates, I couldn't complete the booking.
Is it possible I could score a standard room there even if AAA can't? Just wondering how that might work!
Thanks!

jimandami
09-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Yes, it is possible that CRO has rooms that are not available for AAA discount. Except for a few early bookings, the LM rooms have been so popular Disney has not offered discounts for them. If you definitely want a LM room, I would book it through Disney now and then modify/cancel if possible when you know your dates.

gustergrl
09-20-2012, 07:23 AM
I am totally new to this stuff - What is a CRO?? Thanks and sorry I'm not down w the lingo yet :)

jimandami
09-20-2012, 07:27 AM
I am totally new to this stuff - What is a CRO?? Thanks and sorry I'm not down w the lingo yet :)

Sorry...Central Reservation Office. Basically, just means booking directly with Disney instead of through AAA or another provider.

lanejudy
09-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Just wanted to add that if a AAA discount is available, you can get it even when booking directly through Disney. AAA packages must be booked through AAA, but AAA room discounts can be booked direct (again assuming it is offered/available).

Ames389
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
From what I understand from my experience, AofA does not offer AAA discounts on the LM rooms at all. I have a LM room booked for January for 2 nights as well as a LK suite for the remaining nights of our trip. We were able to use AAA for the LK suite but not for the LM room. My son and his family are also staying in LM rooms and cannot use the AAA either. I have called back occassionally to double check...but no luck yet.