PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation October 2012..... Who's going?

Bottzz
09-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Who is going to AoA in October 2012 and what room are you staying in? I am so excited :cool1:

We are staying in a Cars suite. :cheer2: 10/29-11/3. When are you going?

Chaoticsweetness
09-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Who is going to AoA in October 2012 and what room are you staying in? I am so excited :cool1:

We are staying in a Cars suite. :cheer2: 10/29-11/3. When are you going?

My family! We are staying in the Lion King Suite 10/21-10/26 :) so excited.

Bottzz
09-20-2012, 07:30 AM
My family! We are staying in the Lion King Suite 10/21-10/26 :) so excited.

Awesome!! What are you most looking forward to seeing? I may just pass out from excitement when we get there ;)

3Leafs
09-20-2012, 11:35 AM
We are staying at AoA LM rooms for 2 nights before moving over to POR.. 9th and 10th! :goodvibes

CareHeartsDisney
09-20-2012, 11:36 AM
My kids and I are staying in a Cars Suite from 10/4-10/10! We're very excited! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Mom2Luci
09-20-2012, 12:57 PM
We are in LM rooms the 14th-20th! I seriously cannot wait even though it looks like I'll be going in a long arm cast :/

Claudine877
09-20-2012, 01:11 PM
We're in a Nemo suite 10/9-10/14 Yippee!

wdwfanatic316
09-20-2012, 01:50 PM
We'll be there one night on 10/13 at a Little Mermaid room, before moving to BCV for 6 nights. Can't wait! :thumbsup2

Tinkerpeas hubby
09-20-2012, 07:50 PM
We are in a LMR we actually have 3 boys BUT dice I'm the only girl and normally over Ron with boy stuff we booked the LMR as it's my all time favourite film :)

Were staying at SSR for 15 nights then going to AOA on the 23rd for 2 nights to enjoy MNSSHP and just have a rest before 4 nights at Universal!

Soooooooo excited

Cindy "using DH phone app"

tracyheartsmickey
09-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Me!! Woohoo! :banana::banana::banana: Doing the 2 week happy dance!! We will be staying in LM from October 4-8. (We added a day but I didn't change my countdown. lol)

Dis*Mom
09-20-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm going :goodvibes
I will be staying in the Little Mermaid section Oct. 14 through Oct. 21st.

And by the way, this is my first disboard post; however, I'm a long time lurker :)

emmebear
09-20-2012, 09:45 PM
staying in the LM room from 10/25-10/28.

we also have LM reservations in november as well.

:cool1:

hannahon
09-20-2012, 10:08 PM
We will be in the LM section from October 27th-November 5th!!! We are so excited!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Mr. Pig
09-20-2012, 10:55 PM
We'll be in LM Oct 22-27. We were lucky enough to get a FD pin and use it for LM when it first came out.

DW2010
09-21-2012, 12:31 AM
We are going from October 1-6 and staying in a Little Mermaid room. I cannot believe we leave in 10 days. I'm so excited.

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 06:40 AM
We are staying at AoA LM rooms for 2 nights before moving over to POR.. 9th and 10th! :goodvibes

LM looks GREAT! :cool1:

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 06:42 AM
My kids and I are staying in a Cars Suite from 10/4-10/10! We're very excited! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hello Fellow New Yorker :) The Cars wing looks GREAT! I may never sleep and just sit at the cozy cone all night :yay:

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 06:46 AM
We are in LM rooms the 14th-20th! I seriously cannot wait even though it looks like I'll be going in a long arm cast :/

Oh No....I hope your arm is OK! It would be cool to have Mickey & the gang sign your cast ;)

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 06:50 AM
We're in a Nemo suite 10/9-10/14 Yippee!

:cool1: Awesome!!:yay:

Chaoticsweetness
09-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Awesome!! What are you most looking forward to seeing? I may just pass out from excitement when we get there ;)

Everything! It looks like so much fun!

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 06:52 AM
We'll be there one night on 10/13 at a Little Mermaid room, before moving to BCV for 6 nights. Can't wait! :thumbsup2

Nice!!:thumbsup2

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=Tinkerpeas hubby;46220120]We are in a LMR we actually have 3 boys BUT dice I'm the only girl and normally over Ron with boy stuff we booked the LMR as it's my all time favourite film :)

Were staying at SSR for 15 nights then going to AOA on the 23rd for 2 nights to enjoy MNSSHP and just have a rest before 4 nights at Universal!

Soooooooo excited

LOL! LMR exciting!!:goodvibes

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Me!! Woohoo! :banana::banana::banana: Doing the 2 week happy dance!! We will be staying in LM from October 4-8. (We added a day but I didn't change my countdown. lol)

NICE!! :thumbsup2 I am waiting for my countdown to move...it feels like forever:moped:

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 07:01 AM
I'm going :goodvibes
I will be staying in the Little Mermaid section Oct. 14 through Oct. 21st.

And by the way, this is my first disboard post; however, I'm a long time lurker :)

Welcome!! :thumbsup2 Glad that your here!!:cool1:

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 07:03 AM
staying in the LM room from 10/25-10/28.

we also have LM reservations in november as well.

:cool1:

NICE!! We arrive 10/29 :thumbsup2

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 07:07 AM
We will be in the LM section from October 27th-November 5th!!! We are so excited!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

We will be there the same time!! :thumbsup2

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 07:09 AM
We'll be in LM Oct 22-27. We were lucky enough to get a FD pin and use it for LM when it first came out.

FD is always GREAT!! :thumbsup2

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 07:10 AM
We are going from October 1-6 and staying in a Little Mermaid room. I cannot believe we leave in 10 days. I'm so excited.

WoW! :cool1: Did you do online check in?

CareHeartsDisney
09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Hello Fellow New Yorker :) The Cars wing looks GREAT! I may never sleep and just sit at the cozy cone all night :yay:

Hi, Fellow New Yorker. Yes, I agree, the Cars area looks awesome. :thumbsup2 I like the look of the cabanas too! I'm just wondering... where's Orange City, NY? Do you mean Syracuse? If so, that's where I'm from. I live just outside Syracuse, in Liverpool.

Bottzz
09-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Orange cty is 60 miles north of nyc. Home to Orange cty choppers..LOL.

martinp13
09-21-2012, 02:06 PM
LM Oct 3-6, just before a RC cruise... can't wait! A free day, a day of Universal, a day of Magic Kingdom, a day of rest, then a week-long cruise. :)

CareHeartsDisney
09-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Orange cty is 60 miles north of nyc. Home to Orange cty choppers..LOL.

I read your post wrong. I read it as Orange City, not Orange County. Oops! With Syracuse University being the Orangemen, I wasn't sure if you were referring to Syracuse. It must be nice to be that close to go into the city for Broadway shows!

Tallync
09-21-2012, 03:52 PM

We'll be in the Cars Suite from 10/6 to 10/10. Maybe we'll see you there! This is my 2nd trip to Disney (like 6th grade counts) and everyone's first.

Oh, and I used to live in Liverpool, NY like 5 years ago. Small world!

CareHeartsDisney
09-21-2012, 04:04 PM
We'll be in the Cars Suite from 10/6 to 10/10. Maybe we'll see you there! This is my 2nd trip to Disney (like 6th grade counts) and everyone's first.

Oh, and I used to live in Liverpool, NY like 5 years ago. Small world!

Yes, maybe we'll see you there. It's neat to hear that you used to live in Liverpool! Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?

DW2010
09-21-2012, 10:21 PM
WoW! :cool1: Did you do online check in?

I did it earlier today. Super easy once the website came back up and allowed me to ;).

Tallync
09-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Yes, maybe we'll see you there. It's neat to hear that you used to live in Liverpool! Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?

We have a son who turns the big ONE next week. And then there will be my husband and I and my parents. We'll be the ones who look overwhelmed and lost lol. Most of what I know is from fellow DISers!

twopearls
09-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Lion King suite 10/13-10/21!! THREE MORE WEEKS!

CareHeartsDisney
09-22-2012, 10:55 AM
We have a son who turns the big ONE next week. And then there will be my husband and I and my parents. We'll be the ones who look overwhelmed and lost lol. Most of what I know is from fellow DISers!

Your family and your little one are going to have so much fun! Be sure to mention at check in that you're celebrating his 1st b'day and they'll give him a birthday pin. The CMs will give him special attention and sometimes special treats. He could wear it throughout the trip.

Our 1st trip with our kids was 4 years ago with my DH's parents, SIL and her family. All together there were 10 of us. Last year, my DH and I brought my DM (her 1st WDW trip!) along with our 2 DS's. I love it so much that I'm taking my DS's by myself this year. DH didn't want to go, plus he's a teacher so it's not a good idea to take too much time off. I figure why not go again while they're still young. They grow up so fast! Enjoy your time with your little one!

Bottzz
09-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I did it earlier today. Super easy once the website came back up and allowed me to ;).

Can't wait to hear about your trip!! pixiedust: Have FUN!! pixiedust:

Bottzz
09-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Lion King suite 10/13-10/21!! THREE MORE WEEKS!

pixiedust: So exciting!! :thumbsup2

Bottzz
09-22-2012, 11:31 AM
:offtopic: :confused3

Will anyone else be decorating thier door and windows of the room? I haven't noticed any in the pics that have been posted.

wrappedupindisney
09-22-2012, 11:51 AM
God's will, me(nana, married daughter, grandson Jordan and grandson Mason
will be in attendance next July. We'll be in the cars section since the boys
love them. I'm already overly thrilled. And this time, I will request that we
stay beyond our normalcy.

disneymom88
09-22-2012, 01:42 PM
We will be there on 10/26 - 10/29 Nemo Suite :banana:
Can't wait any longer lol, I booked this trip in August 2011

PatchPixie
09-22-2012, 02:22 PM
We'll be in a LM room the 13-16th. Hoping for some nice weather to enjoy the pools!

scrappymel
09-22-2012, 02:37 PM
We will be in a LM room oct 6-14! Woohoo! 2 weeks from today.

kikiw
09-22-2012, 02:44 PM
We'll be checking in to a lm room Oct 27 until Nov 8. SO excited!

Bottzz
09-22-2012, 03:35 PM
LM Oct 3-6, just before a RC cruise... can't wait! A free day, a day of Universal, a day of Magic Kingdom, a day of rest, then a week-long cruise. :)

Sounds wonderful!!pixiedust:

Bottzz
09-22-2012, 03:38 PM
We'll be checking in to a lm room Oct 27 until Nov 8. SO excited!

We will be there too 10/29 - 11/3! pixiedust:

bookgirl
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Checking in for one night before POFQ. Want to check out the new resort. LM room. 10-20-12

PixieDustSparkles
09-22-2012, 09:12 PM
We'll be at Cars 10/19-10/23. I can't wait!!!! :cool1:

rentayenta
09-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Just one night there for us on 10/13 prior to our 10 night DVC stay. I just couldn't resist. :thumbsup2

Bottzz
09-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Received our Mickey mail yesterday! :wizard::banana::cool1:

ALMinVA
09-27-2012, 06:36 PM
We are not going in October, but after October is November!! And we arrive Nov 2-6 and are staying in a Finding Nemo suite for my son's 5th birthday!
If anyone has any room location suggestions please let me know - if a particular location is better than another - I would appreciate any suggestions!
Enjoy all you October AoAers!!!!!:beach:

Tallync
10-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Checked in to AoA today! Just some facts: We were the first stop on DME. I did online check in and I'm glad I did. There was a ton of people in the regular check in line. We walked right up to the counter for online and were headed to our room in a couple minutes. We're in the Cars suite and I think it's beautiful. We're on the sofa bed right now and it's comfortable with my husband and I. The table bed is comfy, but at 5'2 if I was any taller my feet would hang off. We haven't been to the food court yet so no info on that. Any one have any questions for us? There will be 4 of us plus my infant son so I may have an answer or try to find one!

Bottzz
10-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Checked in to AoA today! Just some facts: We were the first stop on DME. I did online check in and I'm glad I did. There was a ton of people in the regular check in line. We walked right up to the counter for online and were headed to our room in a couple minutes. We're in the Cars suite and I think it's beautiful. We're on the sofa bed right now and it's comfortable with my husband and I. The table bed is comfy, but at 5'2 if I was any taller my feet would hang off. We haven't been to the food court yet so no info on that. Any one have any questions for us? There will be 4 of us plus my infant son so I may have an answer or try to find one!

Thanks for the update!! I am so excited to hear about your trip::yes:: What floor are you on ?

Tallync
10-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the update!! I am so excited to hear about your trip::yes:: What floor are you on ?

We are on the third floor out of four. I'm surprised at how thin the walls and floors are. Our room is right next to the elevator and at first I though that was good, but now I feel otherwise. We could hear everyone returning to the floor unless they were quiet. Request a top floor and try to be away from the elevator. The food court is busy late at night (8pm) because people coming back from parks maybe? Nemo pool looked busy but Cozy Cone was practically deserted. More to come!

ROK
10-10-2012, 01:36 PM
We just checked out of LM bldg 8 4th floor on Saturday. People weren't kidding . It's a haul from that part of the resort to the main bldg. still, we loved out stay. Even our two year old went with the flow. The dining area has some kinks to work out and I was disappointed that they lonely had unhealthy drink choices for the mugs but my mom came one day and we drove to Walmart to get mio and some juice boxes for the kids. I just had diet green tea or ice water with lemon from the drink station. Really want to stay in the cars suite next time. If you buy groceries and have a child under three, get some bread and you can toast it in the dining area. That saved us a lot of time. Biggest complaint was spotty wifi because I was still working and I needed to get online everyday and didn't want to pay extra for the business center. Epcot had a great wifi connection in the Land pavilion . Go figure!

ROK
10-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Sorry about all the typos!

WaltD4Me
10-10-2012, 01:47 PM
My brother and family are just back from 9 nights at AoA Ariel section. They loved it, but said storage is a real issue. They said there was just no where to put anything and they really wished the dresser had more and bigger drawers. My SIL said she wished would have brought one or two of those hanging shelf things. They also said the room was pretty small, but it was okay because they weren't in it much. My brother's biggest complaint was having to walk all the way to the food court in the morning for coffee, he could not believe there was no coffee maker in the room. He said the walk to the main building wasn't that bad, but in the morning, having to walk over there for coffee or breakfast items wasn't great and it seemed a lot farther after a long day in the parks walking from the bus stops. He thinks each section should have it's own bus stop. They did like it though and the kids LOVED the Nemo pool. They also said they thought the food in the food court was really, really good.

PatMcDuck
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I am there for one night only, Oct 20, before switching to a DVC room.

I guess I am the only one here, where they cannot tell me what section I will be in? It is so odd, I made this reservation in early May. At that time, they said they could not specify a section. OK. I called back in late August, to ask for Cars.

I was told I have a family suite, I said yes...... and the CM told me over and over, I was in an UNthemed building at Art of A!! I politely said, I do not think they HAVE any of those.... She insisted, and would not give me to a supervisor. So I called back, and got another CM, who said it will be themed, but no idea until I checkin as to the section.

I will roll with it, since it is only one night, but still annoying. I would assume we will get Lion King, least desirable.

Edit: I just did online checkin, thought that might tell us our section, but no.

Bottzz
10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
We are on the third floor out of four. I'm surprised at how thin the walls and floors are. Our room is right next to the elevator and at first I though that was good, but now I feel otherwise. We could hear everyone returning to the floor unless they were quiet. Request a top floor and try to be away from the elevator. The food court is busy late at night (8pm) because people coming back from parks maybe? Nemo pool looked busy but Cozy Cone was practically deserted. More to come!

Thanks for the suggestion. I asked to be I'm a 4 th floor room for the noise factors. 20 days left before we check in.

Tallync
10-10-2012, 07:55 PM
To the prior poster who said Lion King as undesirable I may say otherwise. We were in Cars but I think Lion King may have been better suited for us. The bone play area is great for young small children. Cozy Cone pool is more suited for adults and teens. It's not zero entry like the Nemo pools. Little Mermaid is definitely a haul. The buses are not quite efficient yet. You could wait 20 minutes between buses or you could wait 5 (between them, not total wait time) for Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Studios always ran 3-4 buses in the time one MK bus ran. Getting back we never waited long, but we always had to leave mid afternoon as my son is only 1 and it's too hot to nap in the stroller for too long. The food court is a disaster. It's unorganized and needs to be bigger. The pasta is delicious. My husband had the mongolian stuff and thought it was good.

. I thought the suite was a good size and comfortable for 4 adults and crib child. No one slept on the table bed but we pulled it down and all agreed its comfy. The sofa bed is still on the stiffer side but very comfortable. My parents slept there and said it was almost as good as a regular bed. The fridge held two 12 packs of cans and two 1/2 gallons of milk plus extra stuff.

I am satisfied with our stay and having a large group like that I would stay there again. With just the 3 of us I would stay in a moderate resort with better transportation. It was a bummer to wait 15 minutes to take a 20 minute drive.

Oh and the bathroom fans are obnoxious. Without turning lights on it still kicks on and off all night long. Sleep with the bathroom doors closed.

virge
10-10-2012, 08:41 PM
We are on the third floor out of four. I'm surprised at how thin the walls and floors are. Our room is right next to the elevator and at first I though that was good, but now I feel otherwise. We could hear everyone returning to the floor unless they were quiet. Request a top floor and try to be away from the elevator.

Thanks for sharing the floor suggestions. We arrive in 10 days (Cars Suite, 10/20-27) and were just discussing what to put in our room request. Your suggestion is really helpful!

Bottzz
10-20-2012, 10:34 AM
:banana: :wizard:

TahoeTessie
10-27-2012, 04:04 PM
For those of you who just got back from AoA, how was the internet service? Which section were you staying in?

Which building/section is closest to the bus transportation?

Which building/section is closest to the food court?

Thank you.

MarineVet
10-27-2012, 05:49 PM
For those of you who just got back from AoA, how was the internet service? Which section were you staying in?

Which building/section is closest to the bus transportation?

Which building/section is closest to the food court?

Thank you.

I'm still here, leaving in the morning. We are in Cars and its very nice, 4th floor of Building 2. We do hear some kids running and hollering when they get back from the parks, but it doesn't last long. The internet works fine and our Verizon phones have great reception.

I'd say the Nemo section is the closest to the center, to the main building/lobby/food court/buses and the amazing main pool. They have underwater speakers, you can hear the music underwater! Enjoy!

emmebear
10-27-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm at the lm section, building 7 which is Ursula. The wifi is free and I've had great wireless my entire stay. In fact, I've had great wifi in all the Disney parks (never knew there was wifi here to use!)

We walked to animation hall and it took a few minutes. There's awesome things to explore and look at while you walk. We enjoyed it.

The resort is beautiful & clean!

chanty
10-27-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm at the lm section, building 7 which is Ursula. The wifi is free and I've had great wireless my entire stay. In fact, I've had great wifi in all the Disney parks (never knew there was wifi here to use!)

We walked to animation hall and it took a few minutes. There's awesome things to explore and look at while you walk. We enjoyed it.

The resort is beautiful & clean!

Glad to hear! We are leaving tomorrow - LM section as well! Can't wait!

Chantal