PDA

View Full Version : Which Deluxe Villa Should We Pick?

bevkle
09-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Traveling to Florida in April for a Disney Cruise followed by one week at Disney World. Planning to stay at a deluxe villa but having a hard time deciding which one. Two families - 2 adults and 14 year old boy in one and 2 adults, girl (4), boy (6). Will be booking 2 rooms so we don't all kill each other! I think we have ruled out OKW and Fort Wildnerness? What do you think?

Cassushi
09-19-2012, 09:34 PM
While I have not been OKW, I have been to the Wilderness Lodge Villas. What I like about Wilderness Lodge is that you have the boat that takes you to MK or a boat to the Contemporary, so you can take the monorail to Epcot. The ease of transportation gets my vote. :cool1:

Have a great vacation ~Cassie

DebbieB
09-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Traveling to Florida in April for a Disney Cruise followed by one week at Disney World. Planning to stay at a deluxe villa but having a hard time deciding which one. Two families - 2 adults and 14 year old boy in one and 2 adults, girl (4), boy (6). Will be booking 2 rooms so we don't all kill each other! I think we have ruled out OKW and Fort Wildnerness? What do you think?

Are you looking at studios? I would stay away from BLT, those are the smallest. OKW is the only one with 2 queen beds. The others are 1 queen, 1 double sofabed.

bevkle
09-19-2012, 09:49 PM
We are looking for studio. Good to know about BLT. DH liked that pool so it's on his list. He won't like a small room though.

twinboysmom
09-19-2012, 09:59 PM
I would pick the resort for the location. If you want to be by Epcot, pick boardwalk or beach club villas. For MK, BLT (it is the smallest) or WL. If you want to see the animals, then AK (either Jambo or Kidani), and for the downtown disney area the SSR or OkW.

While you rules it out, OKW is the only studio you would get 2 real beds. As a pp stated, all of the others have a queen bed and a pullout sofa. SSR while a large resort has 2 themed pools.

As a DVC owner I will give you my honest opinion. I would most likely stay in either a standard room at a deluxe or moderate resort before I would stay in a studio with more than 2 people.

bevkle
09-20-2012, 12:18 AM
That is great feedback. I didn't think about the bed issue. Are the studios quite a bit smaller than a standard room?

spiceycat
09-20-2012, 01:46 AM
DH liked that pool so it's on his list. He won't like a small room though.
the pool is shallow around 3' - not very deep at all.

spiceycat
09-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Are the studios quite a bit smaller than a standard room?

not really - expect for BLT it is 339 sq ft - OKW is 390 sq ft
bcv 356 sq ft

bcv has access to the very large SALB (stormalongbay) between BC and YC. this is a very popular pool. but only guests staying at BC, yc, or bcv have access to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h75VIAqZco

bevkle
09-20-2012, 01:59 AM
The pool sounds like a great option for the kids. Might eliminate the cost of going to one of the waterparks.

Deb & Bill
09-20-2012, 08:19 AM

Fort Wilderness does not have deluxe villas. It has cabins. The Villas at Wilderness Lodge do have deluxe villas.

OKW would be my only choice for a studio because it is so much bigger than the rest and has a bigger bathroom.

Is there a reason why you would want a studio over a standard hotel room? I'd go with the standard hotel room for the beds over the studio any day. Unless you planned on getting a one bedroom villa. Then I would choose the one bedroom villa.

bevkle
09-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Just going with the villa to utilize DVC points. It's either a moderate resort or a deluxe villa.

darkwing818
09-21-2012, 01:05 PM
When we (DW, 2 DDs & me) cruise (7 to date) we usually do an OKW Studio, largest by far, for a night or two before driving to Port Canaveral. After the cruise, we book a 1 bedroom; at either at BCV (love the pool) or Boardwalk, for about 4 or 5 days. We are DVC members. :cool1:

mickey&minniealways
09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
OKW is actualy my favorite so not quite sure why you eliminated it. It also has the largest rooms on property.

francie57
09-21-2012, 09:10 PM
If you are using points do you have enough for a 1 bedroom since you will be there for a week following a cruise. The extra room in a 1 bedroom would give you a kitchen for snacks/quick breakfast/drinks, you would have a separate bedroom so you wouldn't have to be so quiet after the kids go to bed, and most importantly you would have the washer/dryer so you wouldn't have to pack so much and would be able to not return home with all those dirty clothes. Not matter what size villa, we love the Epcot resorts and had stayed at the BWVs since they opened and for the past two years have been at the BCVs and love them both.

mommytothe3cs
09-21-2012, 10:37 PM
We just got back today from a week stay in a 1 BR villa at BLT and we loved it. It was our third year in a row there and we would never stay anywhere else. I stayed in the king bed with our 3 year-old and our 7 and 5 year-old's slept on the pullout couch in the family room while my dh slept on the pullout couch. With three kids I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. We loved having a full kitchen and washer/dryer too.

bevkle
09-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks for all the input. The only reason we eliminated OKW was that from the pictures the decor looked a little dated. We thought the other resorts appearance was a bit nicer. Is it better in person? I know pictures can be deceiving.

kinggoofy
09-22-2012, 10:11 AM
We are staying at a deluxe villa for the 1st time after 29 visits.

Nov 24 to Dec 1st. We got a great AP Rate for a total of $1766 for 7 nights. So it was something we couldnt pass up.

Based on a recommendations from 2 people we trust, we are staying at a studio at OKW and cant wait.

From what we have heard and from what we already know, if you think POR and CBR are huge...OKW is just as large or larger so room location is the key.

There are only a few buildings that have elevators in them which are three stories high.

We hope to be close to the Hospitality House. pixiedust:

We are looking forward to it. One reliable person already has told us..."if this is your 1st time staying there, there is a good chance it wont be your last".

Hope he is correct.

pugs05
09-22-2012, 10:35 AM
We stayed at AK and loved it. The views from the balcony were our favorite part. We ate breakfast out there every morning.

Deb & Bill
09-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for all the input. The only reason we eliminated OKW was that from the pictures the decor looked a little dated. We thought the other resorts appearance was a bit nicer. Is it better in person? I know pictures can be deceiving.

None of the resorts are dated. They are themed. OKW is themed to Key West Florida.

Karabee
09-23-2012, 12:04 PM

The Disney pictures aw horrible in general. If you look at them they all look "dated". OKW is not dated in my opinion - once you get there you'll realize the theming fits. OKW is a beautiful resort.

bevkle
09-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. We now have a niece that wants to come so it looks like the 2 bdr will be the best option for us. I discovered youtube videos of the resorts which much better reflect the resorts. Love animal kingdom kidani but a bit concerned about the distance. Beach club convenience is appealing but OKW price is nice!