PDA

View Full Version : akl villa studio..dedicated ..lock-off?

leanne11
09-19-2012, 01:09 PM
i was looking at value rooms at akl villas..hoping on a savannah view..but i looked at map and saw these 2 seperate studios,,is 1 better or bigger..or get me a chance for pool or savannah view?..anything but the 2 parking lot views..:crazy2:

chalee94
09-19-2012, 01:18 PM
a lockoff studio has a door to a 1BR that can be opened so that disney can book the room as a 2BR villa or "locked-off" so that the 1BR and studio can be booked separately.

a dedicated studio is just that. it's a studio with no door to a 1BR.

no other difference. i think dedicated studios are either pool view or savanna view but views cannot be requested with value villas. i've stayed in value studios twice - i got a savanna view one time and a parking lot view the other time. somebody has to get the parking lot views...it probably won't be you, but if you've got to have a good view, book one of the larger studios with a specified view. otherwise, enjoy the savings and watch the animals from any of several public viewing areas...

dansdad
09-19-2012, 01:19 PM
If you don't get an answer here, I would ask the very knowledgable and helpful folks over at the AKL/AKV official thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2961001

vicki_c
09-19-2012, 05:08 PM
i was looking at value rooms at akl villas..hoping on a savannah view..but i looked at map and saw these 2 seperate studios,,is 1 better or bigger..or get me a chance for pool or savannah view?..anything but the 2 parking lot views..:crazy2:

No request are allowed when booking the value rooms, you just get what you get.

vek239
09-19-2012, 05:10 PM
The extra bedroom in the dedicated 2 bdrm has two queen beds vs the one in the lockoff has one bed and a pull-out sofa.