PDA

View Full Version : Please list all disney hotels with at least 1 water slide

Danny K
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
I really cannot afford the water park option, so I want to book a disney hotel with just some water slides. I don't care about price. Just list hotels you know that have water slides on disney property, and also tell me how many water slides they have and, how scary they are. If you have been to two or more hotels with water slides please compare and contrast the water slides and also the hotels itself. If you haven't been to any hotel but have a friend or someone that has been, please list it to. Please give me some hotels here.

PAcpl
09-18-2012, 01:26 PM
There are many, but here is the pool & slide at the Boardwalk Resort:

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/sites/default/files/images/dsc02219.jpg

PHLtoMCO
09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Hello! There is also one at the Poly. Not too scary but it does go through the volcano so can be a little dark for newbies. My DD8 loves it!

There is also a slide at SAB at BC/YC.

Hope this helps!

Maggie'sMom
09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
The Value resorts DON'T have slides, but all the Moderate and Deluxe hotels do. Each of the Mod and Deluxe hotels will have one slide a piece.

But really, you say you can't afford waterpark tickets, but you don't care about the price of the hotel? You'll come out ahead financially booking a value resort and paying for either one day waterpark tickets or the WPF&M option. The WPF&M option is $57+tax per ticket. But upgrading from a value to a deluxe hotel could be a difference of a couple hundred dollars per night.

spiceycat
09-18-2012, 02:04 PM
AKL
AKV
BC/YC/BCV
BLT
BW
CBR
CSR
CR
GF
OKW
POFQ
POR
Poly
SSR
WL

think that is all

here the abbreviations list if you need it
http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

VP037388
09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Beach Club/Yacht Club. They have Stormalong Bay. It was the "water park" before there were water parks. It's really nice and the only pool Disney doesn't allow pool hopping. More details and pics here:
http://allears.net/acc/faq_bc.htm

Maggie'sMom
09-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Beach Club/Yacht Club. They have Stormalong Bay. It was the "water park" before there were water parks. It's really nice and the only pool Disney doesn't allow pool hopping. More details and pics here:

Stormalong Bay is probably the best resort pool at WDW, but BC/YC was opened in 1990. Typhoon Lagoon was opened in 1989. And River Country, WDW's first waterpark, was opened in 1976.

OKW Lover
09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
In addition to the good info you've already got on this thread, don't forget to look at this page (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/resortmain.htm) that links to info on each of the resorts. :disrocks:

EpcotBill
09-18-2012, 02:49 PM

Wait a minute, Stormalong Bay is the only Disney pool that doesn't allow pool hopping? You might want to re-think that along with the "water park before there were water parks" statement.

Maggie'sMom
09-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Wait a minute, Stormalong Bay is the only Disney pool that doesn't allow pool hopping? You might want to re-think that along with the "water park before there were water parks" statement.

Thanks for catching that! I was so thrown by the "waterpark before there were waterparks" comment that I misread the next line as just "Disney's resorts don't allow pool hopping". All Disney resort pools do not allow pool hopping, with only a few exceptions for sister resorts and DVC members. But even DVC members are limited as to what pools they can hop to.

ccgirl
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
The Value resorts DON'T have slides, but all the Moderate and Deluxe hotels do. Each of the Mod and Deluxe hotels will have one slide a piece.

But really, you say you can't afford waterpark tickets, but you don't care about the price of the hotel? You'll come out ahead financially booking a value resort and paying for either one day waterpark tickets or the WPF&M option. The WPF&M option is $57+tax per ticket. But upgrading from a value to a deluxe hotel could be a difference of a couple hundred dollars per night.

This. :thumbsup2

As PP have stated, the Moderates and Deluxes have one slide a piece. Contrary to what some poster think, NONE of the pools allow pool hopping except for POR/POFQ *unless* you are a DVC member an can pool hop amongst the DVC properties.

POOHsie
09-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Danny K -- If you have park hopper tickets, it only costs $22+tax for the water parks option. You get as many water park entries as there are days on your tickets. This is much cheaper that a moderate or deluxe hotel, which would cost that or much more per day.

mickeystoontown
09-18-2012, 03:45 PM
The Caribbean Beach Resort has two water slides at their main pool. Neither are super scary and I've seen younger kids, teens and adults going down both. The pool was redone just a few years ago and is now zero entry and has a pirate/fort theme.

Tink415
09-18-2012, 04:19 PM
All resorts have at least 1 water slide except for the value resorts. None of them are scary IMHO, except if you consider a very short time in an enclosed tube scary (CBR, Poly, OWK, maybe a few more).

IMHO the funniest slides are at CSR, POR and SSR. BC/YC and Boardwalk have long slides but I don't care for those for various reasons.

spiceycat
09-18-2012, 04:47 PM

As PP have stated, the Moderates and Deluxes have one slide a piece. Contrary to what some poster think, NONE of the pools allow pool hopping except for POR/POFQ *unless* you are a DVC member an can pool hop amongst the DVC properties.

all sister resorts allow pool hopping
PO
bc/yc/bcv
AKL/Kidani
all star
don't knew yet if Aoa will still allow Pop to pool hop after this year

Raenstoirm
09-18-2012, 04:56 PM
all sister resorts allow pool hopping
PO
bc/yc/bcv
AKL/Kidani
all star
don't knew yet if Aoa will still allow Pop to pool hop after this year

That is kind of a misnomer. Yacht Club and Beach Club are the same resort. It is all one building with a different feel on one side or the other. There is no "Yacht Club Pool" or "Beach Club Pool" there is just SAB.

Op I am very confused by your question. Deluxes can cost nearly a $1000 a night depending on the room and time of year. On average you are looking at $300-$400 a night at the least. Values average out at $100 maybe $120 a night. Waterparks are less than $50 a person. If you have waterpark kids and money is tight, go with the value resort and get the waterpark tickets. It will SAVE you money!:banana:

Butterflygirl35
09-18-2012, 05:12 PM
That is kind of a misnomer. Yacht Club and Beach Club are the same resort. It is all one building with a different feel on one side or the other. There is no "Yacht Club Pool" or "Beach Club Pool" there is just SAB.

Op I am very confused by your question. Deluxes can cost nearly a $1000 a night depending on the room and time of year. On average you are looking at $300-$400 a night at the least. Values average out at $100 maybe $120 a night. Waterparks are less than $50 a person. If you have waterpark kids and money is tight, go with the value resort and get the waterpark tickets. It will SAVE you money!:banana:

I completely disagree, I have stayed at CSR for $135, GF for $159 a night.. Four water park tickets would have cost me more... It depends on the deal you find..

Maggie'sMom
09-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I completely disagree, I have stayed at CSR for $135, GF for $159 a night.. Four water park tickets would have cost me more... It depends on the deal you find..

You must be comparing prices from different years and different seasons. For an accurate comparison, you have to compare current prices in the same season.

For 2012, the lowest price for a garden view room at the GF is $460/night. The biggest discount I have seen on WDW rooms is the Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal, which by the way, they haven't had for at least 2 years now. Staying 7 nights and using that discount would be equivalent to a 43% discount (rounding for simplicity sake). Apply that discount to the room rate and you are getting a rate of $262.86/night. The more recent discounts are closer to 30% off but I think some people have still gotten 40% off discount codes.

The lowest price room at CSR during value season is $164. Even if you got no discount on the CSR room, you'd still be paying $98.86 more per night to stay at the GF.

The lowest price room at All Stars during value season is $84/night for 2012. That's a difference of $178.86/night if you have the largest discount on the GF and no discount on the All Stars room. That's 3 waterpark tickets right there.

And generally, there are discounts available at all resort levels, just not the same percentage off. So you'd most likely be paying more to stay at the GF than the numbers I've given above. Even upgrading from All Stars to CSR is going to cost you an extra $80/night assuming no discounts on either room. That's more than the cost of a waterpark ticket in just one night.

daisyduck123
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM

*unless* you are a DVC member an can pool hop amongst the DVC properties.

DVC members are not restricted to just the DVC resorts.

Butterflygirl35
09-18-2012, 07:03 PM
You must be comparing prices from different years and different seasons. For an accurate comparison, you have to compare current prices in the same season.

For 2012, the lowest price for a garden view room at the GF is $460/night. The biggest discount I have seen :worried:on WDW rooms is the Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal, which by the way, they haven't had for at least 2 years now. Staying 7 nights and using that discount would be equivalent to a 43% discount (rounding for simplicity sake). Apply that discount to the room rate and you are getting a rate of $262.86/night. The more recent discounts are closer to 30% off but I think some people have still gotten 40% off discount codes.

The lowest price room at CSR during value season is $164. Even if you got no discount on the CSR room, you'd still be paying $98.86 more per night to stay at the GF.

The lowest price room at All Stars during value season is $84/night for 2012. That's a difference of $178.86/night if you have the largest discount on the GF and no discount on the All Stars room. That's 3 waterpark tickets right there.

And generally, there are discounts available at all resort levels, just not the same percentage off. So you'd most likely be paying more to stay at the GF than the numbers I've given above. Even upgrading from All Stars to CSR is going to cost you an extra $80/night assuming no discounts on either room. That's more than the cost of a waterpark ticket in just one night.

CSR was June 2012 and GF was Labor day weekend 2012. Quite a few Disers took advantage of the deal!!

If you do your homework and look for agency exclusives deals are to be found

Butterflygirl35
09-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Also, you can rent DVC points and get great deals. I booked Jan 2012 (not years ago) and got four nights at OKW for $350 total.

I am all for saving I just don't believe in compromising on quality. I am not happy with value resorts and don't see them as my cheapest option either..

As you can see I visit multiple times a year and am not new or quoting rates that I paid years ago... All these were in 2012

I also rented points for 2013 for Boardwalk Villas which came out almost the same as Pop.. Less than $30 difference total for three nights... Four water park tickets cost a lot more than that!!!

These boards have been useful for finding deals and researching my options.

Deb & Bill
09-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Also, you can rent DVC points and get great deals. I booked Jan 2012 (not years ago) and got four nights at OKW for $350 total.

I am all for saving I just don't believe in compromising on quality. I am not happy with value resorts and don't see them as my cheapest option either..

As you can see I visit multiple times a year and am not new or quoting rates that I paid years ago... All these were in 2012

I also rented points for 2013 for Boardwalk Villas which came out almost the same as Pop.. Less than $30 difference total for three nights... Four water park tickets cost a lot more than that!!!

These boards have been useful for finding deals and researching my options.

One point. If you purchase a reservation from a DVC member ("rent points"), you are not entitled to the DVC member perks like pool hopping. That's only for members and their guests staying with them during periods when pool hopping for DVC members is not blacked out. A "renter" is not a guest of the member.

They are two separate resorts with separate staff and separate check in desks. The CMs who work at each do not dress alike. Like POR and POFQ are two different resorts. However, the YC and BC share Stormalong Bay. They each have their own leisure ("quiet") pools.

Butterflygirl35
09-18-2012, 08:57 PM
One point. If you purchase a reservation from a DVC member ("rent points"), you are not entitled to the DVC member perks like pool hopping. That's only for members and their guests staying with them during periods when pool hopping for DVC members is not blacked out. A "renter" is not a guest of the member.

They are two separate resorts with separate staff and separate check in desks. The CMs who work at each do not dress alike. Like POR and POFQ are two different resorts. However, the YC and BC share Stormalong Bay. They each have their own leisure ("quiet") pools.

You also dont get housekeeping or extra toiletries for free.. You also can't change or cancel reservations but you can get a great resort at a value price...

cjsm&d
09-19-2012, 10:52 AM
I really cannot afford the water park option, so I want to book a disney hotel with just some water slides. I don't care about price. Just list hotels you know that have water slides on disney property, and also tell me how many water slides they have and, how scary they are. If you have been to two or more hotels with water slides please compare and contrast the water slides and also the hotels itself. If you haven't been to any hotel but have a friend or someone that has been, please list it to. Please give me some hotels here.

Honestly, none of the resorts with a slide even comes close to replacing a water park, including SAB IMO.

...and with a few rare exceptions, as noted above, staying at a lower priced resort generally makes the water park tickets less expensive than a deluxe stay with a pool slide.

Butterflygirl35
09-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Honestly, none of the resorts with a slide even comes close to replacing a water park, including SAB IMO.

...and with a few rare exceptions, as noted above, staying at a lower priced resort generally makes the water park tickets less expensive than a deluxe stay with a pool slide.

I personally prefer a better resort with a water slide.. Less hectic, more calm and relaxed and the kids have just as much fun especially with all the games by the pool... Not to mention more cost effective when you need to buy 4 water park tickets... Even the MODs have great pool slides and great activities by the pool! Exceptions are not that rare if you do your research - something I learned here at Disboards! The information you find on these boards are priceless in planning the type of vacation you really can enjoy. I used to think like you until I started researching.. Now that I know better I see no reason to stay at a Value when for almost the same cost I can find a deal on a Mod or Deluxe.

Everyone's vacation style is different.. As Disney there is something for everyone. But the cost savings is there.. I am paying $80 more total for 3 nights in January 2013 at Boardwalk than the cost to stay at POP. 4 waterpark tickets would cost us more than $80... The cost savings is there IMO.

Hopefully I can help people stay at resorts they thought they can never afford just as others have done for me here!!

TDC Nala
09-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Yacht and Beach are not the same resort. But they do share a themed pool.

As for the OP's question, all resorts except the value resorts have at least one pool slide. Depending on whether your kids prefer a tamer or more adventurous slide, you may have to do some research as to which resort will best suit you. The longest pool slide is at Boardwalk; the shortest (besides kiddie slides, which some resorts have) is at Port Orleans French Quarter.

If you are looking for a variance of slides to suit kids or adults with different preferences, a water park or a complex like Stormalong Bay is the way to go. Can't imagine that upgrading to Yacht or Beach would be cheaper than water park tickets personally, unless you were planning to stay at a deluxe to start with.

Butterflygirl35
09-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Yacht and Beach are not the same resort. But they do share a themed pool.

As for the OP's question, all resorts except the value resorts have at least one pool slide. Depending on whether your kids prefer a tamer or more adventurous slide, you may have to do some research as to which resort will best suit you. The longest pool slide is at Boardwalk; the shortest (besides kiddie slides, which some resorts have) is at Port Orleans French Quarter.

If you are looking for a variance of slides to suit kids or adults with different preferences, a water park or a complex like Stormalong Bay is the way to go. Can't imagine that upgrading to Yacht or Beach would be cheaper than water park tickets personally, unless you were planning to stay at a deluxe to start with.

The only way it would work out cheaper is through a DVC rental (studio) which is hard to get and comes with exclusions (no housekeeping, etc.)
Unless Magical Vacations does another exclusive like Labor day weekend!! Nothing planned yet but I keep checking with them as I have flexibility with dates...

I did not realize BW has longest slide, I hope I will get a chance in January.... Hopefully it wont Be too cold....

Lynne M
09-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Just wanted to clarify one point.....DVC has a pay-as-you go system for housekeeping. Limited housekeeping services are included when you stay at a DVC resort on points, either rented or your own. For stays of 7 or fewer nights, trash pickup and towel replacement are done on day 4. For stays of eight nights or longer, you get a full cleaning on day 4, and trash and towel on day 8.

You can always purchase additional cleaning services at an additional cost.

* Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
* Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
* Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
* Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:

* Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
* One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
* Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
* Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:

* Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
* One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
* Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
* Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

TDC Nala
09-19-2012, 04:00 PM
One of the things I like about DVC is there is no daily housekeeping. No kids here though.

PAcpl
09-19-2012, 04:08 PM
One of the things I like about DVC is there is no daily housekeeping. No kids here though.

We are in the same situation and I have to agree. Unless we are on a cruise DW and I always have the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door so we are not bothered.

Butterflygirl35
09-19-2012, 05:25 PM
We are in the same situation and I have to agree. Unless we are on a cruise DW and I always have the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door so we are not bothered.

Me too except in Grand Floridian for turn down since I really loved chocolates on bed.. Lol.. I am such an overgrown kid...

kddisney502
09-23-2012, 01:49 AM
The Caribbean Beach Resort has two water slides at their main pool.

Is Caribbean Beach the only resort with 2 pool slides? Does SAB has more than one pool slide since it's so big? Thanks!

Butterflygirl35
09-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Is Caribbean Beach the only resort with 2 pool slides? Does SAB has more than one pool slide since it's so big? Thanks!

I am not sure about SAB but Saratoga Springs has two different main themed pools with slides.. Springs area and Paddock area. I did not check Grandtand but I think they have some water play area...

I wish CBR would get Queen beds already as I love the theming but hate double beds!!

Belle83
09-23-2012, 04:00 PM
This info is already in the thread elsewhere, but, to the original poster:

There are different categories of Disney hotel rooms: Value, Moderate, Deluxe, and Villas (at Deluxe hotels). The only Disney hotels that do not have a water slide are the value resorts. The moderate resorts have one slide each (at the resort's theme pool) but they are nothing compared to Disney's water parks. The slide at Coronado Springs is supposed to be the best slide of all the moderate hotels. The best pool at the Deluxe/Villa categories is generally considered to be Stormalong Bay (the pool that is shared by Yacht Club and Beach Club). That pool is probably the most water park-like.

The water park add-on option when you already have theme park tickets is not very much. If you stay at a deluxe hotel for the pool, you will spend far more on your hotel room than it would be to stay at a value or moderate and just buy the water park option. The same could even be said for staying at a moderate just for the slide.