PDA

View Full Version : How early can we get our package activated at check-in?

Rustyroo
09-17-2012, 09:32 PM
We are moving from POR to BC, and would like to get to BC early Sunday morning and check-in. I realize our room won't be ready at 8 a.m., but we'd like to activate our package (DDP, MYW park tickets) as soon as possible and head off to a park. Can we do this that early, or will we be stuck without tickets and DDP until the 3 p.m. check in? Thanks...

PrincessesX3
09-17-2012, 09:46 PM
You can check in and will get your KTTW card. You can start using tix and dining right away.

Tistal
09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
I can't speak specifically for BC, but last October we stayed at PORFQ and checked in at about 6 AM. They actually had a room ready for us (and we were there for the holiday weekend). Either way, they'll have your KTTW card for you at minimum. I called before we headed down knowing we'd get there early, and I was told it wouldn't be a problem (and they probably wouldn't have a room ready).

Lynne M
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Yes, they open for check-ins at 6 AM, so you'll be able to check in anytime after that. They'll give you your information packet and your KTTW cards, which are your room keys, and also have your park tickets and dining credits encoded.

If your room has been cleaned and is ready to be occupied, they'll give you your room number. If it's not ready yet, you can leave a phone number and they'll call or text you with the room number when it is available.

If your room's not ready and you have bags that you'd like to leave at the resort, just stop by the bell services desk and check your bags. Later, when you get into your room, you can call bell services and they'll bring your bags to you.

Rustyroo
09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks everybody! This really is the best board on the internet. Now, what is the official word on picking up tickets early? Is that even possible if it's a package with DDP on it?

Missytara
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks everybody! This really is the best board on the internet. Now, what is the official word on picking up tickets early? Is that even possible if it's a package with DDP on it?

Go over to the theme park and strategies board re: tickets. I have done it the last three years due to discounts.

Rustyroo
09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
I will do that, thanks. Another question that I *think* fits here: Can we book a room only at BC and add tix and DDP later, or will they then say that's a package and not consider the discount any more (which I think expires next week on the 29th?)? Just considering the more relaxed cancellation policy of room only vs. package. Thanks again everybody...

Missytara
09-20-2012, 01:14 PM
I will do that, thanks. Another question that I *think* fits here: Can we book a room only at BC and add tix and DDP later, or will they then say that's a package and not consider the discount any more (which I think expires next week on the 29th?)? Just considering the more relaxed cancellation policy of room only vs. package. Thanks again everybody...

Once you add tickets and/or dining, it does become a package.

The discount under room-only would revert and then you have to look for another discount for your new package.

Also, you have to add the dining plan no less than 72 hours before you arrive, and you have to get a minimum 1 day ticket, making it a package.

siskaren
09-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Once you add tickets and/or dining, it does become a package.

The discount under room-only would revert and then you have to look for another discount for your new package.

Also, you have to add the dining plan no less than 72 hours before you arrive, and you have to get a minimum 1 day ticket, making it a package.

The room discount is available for both room-only bookings and for packages.