PDA

View Full Version : AKL - Villas question (cups to take down to pool?)

SongoftheSouth
09-17-2012, 06:29 PM
We're headed to the AKL Jambo villas next month. We're ordering some groceries from Garden Grocer, including some beverages. My question is - Are there plastic cups provided in the villas that one can take down to the pool area or should I bring some from home?

Also - is this allowed? I'd love to enjoy a beer or cocktail beyond just our sitting area and balcony.

spiceycat
09-17-2012, 07:26 PM
We're headed to the AKL Jambo villas next month. We're ordering some groceries from Garden Grocer, including some beverages. My question is - Are there plastic cups provided in the villas that one can take down to the pool area or should I bring some from home?

Also - is this allowed? I'd love to enjoy a beer or cocktail beyond just our sitting area and balcony.

don't think the plastic is allowed near the animals at all.

if you order a beer or cocktail at the pool bar - it is allowed.

Princess on the Run
09-17-2012, 07:48 PM
If you have the refillable resort mugs, we brought those to the pool at Kidani. It's definitely allowed because the QS/bar there has a refill spot where you can refill your mugs. I'm sure there's no reason you can't bring your own in those mugs. And they have lids, so no spilling issues. ;) I would assume Jambo is the same as Kidani.

Deb & Bill
09-17-2012, 08:30 PM
No non-glass drinking vessels provided in the villas. Just glass or ceramic (coffee mugs). You'll need to provide your own.

FantasiaMagic
09-17-2012, 09:53 PM
If you have the refillable resort mugs, we brought those to the pool at Kidani. It's definitely allowed because the QS/bar there has a refill spot where you can refill your mugs. I'm sure there's no reason you can't bring your own in those mugs. And they have lids, so no spilling issues. ;) I would assume Jambo is the same as Kidani.

I second on this. I just stayed at Kidani this past August. Kidani has a QS bar w/ refill station. You could put other drinks that you have bought in the mugs...or maybe if you have another tye of non plastic drink holder???

woodkins
09-18-2012, 10:29 PM
A great tip we did for our last resort only stay at the BC villas was that I went to the dollar store and bought a couple of travel mugs/tumblers. We used these at the pool for beer, drinks, cocktails etc. and tossed them at the end of the trip. Kept our drinks cool and cost almost the same as a sleeve of solo cups.